Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Lyra Potter had dressed for the evening before leaving the Potters' house in London in a formal, black dress that had strategic cutouts all over. She had picked it out specifically for Ezra because she knew he would appreciate it. Lyra had been to Ezra Cade's mansion in the States before, but it had been a couple of years. The memory of the last time with Felix was still strong in her memory. Still, Ezra had given her specific instructions on how to get there when she had finally left his company two mornings after she met him in that bar. He had left to go prepare for the party while she had gone to be with her family for the holidays. Lyra had meant to arrive earlier, but she hadn't left Link's when she originally anticipated, so the party was in full swing by the time she arrived. The previous day had been absolute hell. Even though she had only seen him two days ago, Lyra could hardly wait to be back in Ezra's arms. He was the perfect distraction, and he didn't ask any prying questions.

The former Gryffindor made her way inside, handing her coat off to the person collecting them at the door. It was much colder in the States this time of year than it was back home. Many people were already there, and Lyra didn't see Ezra as she made her way through the rooms. She shrugged her shoulders and went to get herself a drink. He'd find her soon enough.
<i></i>

The annual Christmas party was a chore even more so now Ezra was running a store in New Zealand but his family responsibilities came first even if most of his family were pains. Once the mansion was all decked out in festive decorations Ezra changed into his suit and began the final preparations for the party and before he knew it guests began to arrive. First it was family members who he mostly avoided by keeping busy and then more guests began to arrive and soon the party was in full swing but there was so far one notable absence. Lyra Potter, his date for the evening.

After spending two mornings and everything in between with her it had almost felt strange to wake up without her, a fact he wouldn't be sharing with her any time soon. So Ezra was looking forward to seeing her once she arrived at the party. There would be potential obstacles to an enjoyable evening, his brother and soon to be sister in law, both were friends of sorts with Lyra and neither liked him very much. Hopefully they would be too busy with their reunion after months apart to bother him and his date. It was about an hour or so into the party, music was playing, people were dancing and Ezra was making the rounds when he noticed someone at the bar. Ezra had seen enough of Lyra Potter to be able to spot her from any ankle, from any distance. A smirk appeared on his lips as for the first time that night he felt like he was going to enjoy his own party. He made his way across the room and found himself behind Lyra, not quite pressed against her but close enough that his presence was unmistakable. "After seeing you in that dress I won't be able to concentrate on anything else tonight,"

The blonde felt a presence standing close behind her, and she didn't need to hear his voice to know exactly who it was. Lyra turned slowly, her drink in her hand, to face Ezra Cade as he spoke to her. Lyra was right. He liked the dress, and she could tell it had the desired effect on him."That's the point, Ez. I picked it out just for you." she teased him before brushing her lips lightly against his. She leaned back ever so slightly, taking a sip of her drink. "I'm sorry I'm late. It took longer at my brother's than I thought it would." Lyra apologized, but not offering specifics. Lyra placed her hand on his suit jacket, closing the gap between them. There were lots of people around who undoubtedly knew who she was, but she didn't care who was watching. She had given up on public opinion of herself ages ago. Lyra was standing close enough that she could feel his breath on her skin. "Did you miss me?" she asked, playfully.
<i></i>

Standing in the middle of a crowded room in that moment Ezra had never wished it was empty more than when Lyra turned around. "You already know so well Ly," Ezra smirked. Lyra seemed to be taking any excuse to have her hands on him and after a quick kiss she had her hands on his suit and was as close to him as possible. Her scent was intoxicating. "You were worth the wait, though I did have to talk to some of my most annoying family members," Ezra laughed. It was good to finally have her there so he could focus all his attention on someone he actually liked spending time with. "And I thought I was the one who couldn't keep their hands to themselves;" Ezra teased. When asked if he had missed her at first he wasn't sure if he should be honest, but then Ezra had never really cared how he came across or how people saw him. "Wish you never left," He whispered in her her ear before lightly kissing her cheek.

Lyra smiled as he used a shortened version of her name. She liked the way it sounded coming out of his mouth. She placed her hand on his cheek affectionately as he told her that he had to talk to annoying members of his family because she was late. "I promise I'll make that up to you later." she said with a smirk before leaning in to kiss him again. Lyra laughed at his comment and shook her head. "If you want me to keep my hands to myself in front of your guests, I will, but I don't want to." she teased, softly, as she looked up at him. Based on the way Ezra spoke to her, looked at her, and touched her, Lyra knew that wasn't what he wanted. Ezra's presence was as intoxicating as the drink in her hand. He whispered in her ear the answer to his question, and it drove her crazy. Lyra quickly finished the drink before turning to sit the glass back on the bar while not taking her hands off of him. "How long until you can kick everyone out?" she joked, knowing it was still several hours. The blonde kissed him, probably too intimately for the situation, but she didn't care. Lyra Potter surprised herself and found that she had missed Ezra Cade in his absence.
<i></i>

Ezra would happily be locked in a room for hours with the most annoying his family had to offer if Lyra was the prize on the other side of it. "I look forward to it," He smiled as he kissed her back, his hands resting on her waist. "I don't, ever, I couldn't care less who was around and what they think," Ezra wanted his hands on Lyra as she she seemed to want hers on his and his nosey party guests weren't going to get in the way of that. "Want me to kick them out right now?" Ezra smirked. He'd underestimated tue affect she'd have on him after a couple of days apart. "Or maybe we can just sneak off, no one will notice,"

Lyra had no interest in removing her hands from Ezra, and she was glad he felt the same way about her as he put his arms around his waist. "Good because I have no intentions of taking my hands off of you for the rest of the evening. Two days was long enough." she said with a playful look on her face. Lyra rested her hand on his cheek, stroking it gently. "I'll let them stay just a little longer, I suppose. I wouldn't want to be rude." she said with a smirk. "Come on, let's have some fun while we wait." she said, turning towards the bar and pulling Ezra with her. Lyra kept her fingers threaded through Ezra's as she leaned back against him, waiting for the bartender to bring back the shots she had order for herself and Ezra. When he did, Lyra picked them both up, holding one out for him. "For you." the blonde said with a grin.
<i></i>

Ezra grinned as Lyra informed him that she had no intention of taking her hands off him, he was glad they were both on the same page. "You're right, two days was far too long," He said kissing her as she gently stroked his cheek. "Next time we shouldn't leave it so long," It was risky to make such a comment but Ezra was feeling reckless. Ezra remained quiet at Lyra's suggestion they have fun and followed her to the bar. Ezra smirked when Lyra handed him a shot, "The first of many," He said raising is glass and downing the shot. "Keep them coming," He said to the bartender.

Though her face didn't show it, Lyra couldn't believe Ezra told her that two days apart was far too long, they shouldn't go that long in the future without seeing each other. She doubted anyone else would believe her if she told them what he had just said as that was not Ezra Cade's reputation. As far as James had ever indicated, Ezra didn't have girlfriends, or even girls that stuck around for more than a week. "I think that can be arranged." she said with a wink. He'd have to travel to her if he honestly wanted to see her. She was sometimes gone for a week at a time. Of course, she didn't expected it to last that long. There was undeniable chemistry between Ezra and Lyra, but they had already agreed that they weren't looking for relationships. The blonde raised her glass to Ezra. "Cheers." she said with a grin before downing the burning liquid. Over the past year, Lyra had learned to handle her liquor. She put the glass down so the bartender could refill it. Lyra pulled Ezra in to her and kissed him, again maybe a little too much for the public company they were currently keeping.
<i></i>

Ezra smirked as Lyra winked at him. He knew they were going to have a fun night together and nothing could ruin that. He took the glass and clinked it with Lyra's. Ezra had meant what he said but it still didn't change he fact he didn't know if he would see Lyra any time soon after the party. Neither of them was looking for anything serious, Lyra traveled a lot and Ezra was finding himself less anchored than usual. If it was to be their last evening together for a while Ezra intended to make the most of it. Ezra grinned as Lyra leaned up to kiss him. He was all too happy return the action and kissed her back. Neither of them seemed to care very much that they were in the middle of a crowded room, Ezra sure didn't. The room may as well have been empty. All he saw was Lyra.

James wasn't exactly looking forward to the annual Christmas party but the event had become all the more bearable now his fiance was home for holidays. The months he had spent without her had been agonizing but having her home for his birthday had meant everything and the day they had spent together had been wonderful but they had to go out into the world and see his family. There would be some pleasant faces at the party, Jess would be there and he suspected she had invited Leila but he wasn't sure, his mother would no doubt be making the rounds and his uncles weren't the worst people in the world. But the one person he wasn't looking forward to seeing was his brother Ezra but it just so happened it was his house and he was the host.

Once James was ready and once he had stopped staring at his fiance in her stunning gold dress they apparated to the site of Cade manor. James always felt a little disgusting at the sight of the house. It was obnoxious and unnecessary, in every way it was the perfect home for Ezra. They made their way into the foyer of the house and after Jame shook the hands of people he only saw at the annual event, and introduced Maddie to them all much to the envy of some of the male guests, James finally got a moment to breath. "We should get a drink," James suggested and began leading her to the bar. It was strange to think that two years previously James and Maddie hadn't even been together but it was that night that saw the end of his relationship with Lyra and finally allowed the possibility of them being together to come about. Any warm feelings James had about reminiscing melted away when James spotted Ezra. Hard to miss, right in front of the bar with his arms and mouth all over some girl he had no doubt picked up that day. Only it wasn't some girl, it was his ex girlfriend, his teammate, his friend. Lyra Potter. "What the hell is this!" James yelled.

Madeline was so excited to be back for Christmas. The most important thing in her life was her family and she had managed to get time off for the holidays to spend some quality time with them. Maddie was used to spending most of her time at home so it was such a culture shock for her to spend the last few months away from the people she was closest to, a thousand miles away. Especially since she had spent her last year at school in the company of all her siblings for the first time in so long and she was very upset about leaving that environment but there was nothing she could do. It was time for her to move on and to find out what she wanted to do with her life and her siblings would have to do that for themselves soon too.

Her travels had taken her all around Eastern Asia so far where she had experienced such incredible things. The creatures, the environment and the food to name a few things that she loved. Dragons were incredible of course but Maddie was excited about the other creatures that they had come across too. She had seen creatures that she never thought she would, those that she had only read or heard stories about and she had seen them in real life!

Even though she had an incredible time she missed the person she was closest to the most, her fiance. Maddie had missed James terribly and writing almost every day just wasn't enough for the engaged couple. She counted down the days until they would be back in each other's arms and it couldn't come quick enough. The only thing she was nervous about was the annual Cade Christmas Party. It would be the first public event that the couple would attend since Graduation as being engaged. Maddie supposed it was fair since James had met most of Maddie's extended family at the Graduation Party so it was her turn now to meet his extended family.

Recognising that it was an important event Maddie chose to wear a dress that she had picked up in Brightstone with her cousin, Isabelle that she picked especially for such an occasion. It was a gold dress that seemed to sparkle with every step. She wanted to look breathtaking for the first time that James would see her after such a long time.

She took a deep breath and smoothed her hair over her one shoulder before she apparated from the Walden farm in New Zealand to James' house in New York, hand in hand with Leila and Aaron. After a quick but warm greeting with James and his family they all apparated to Cade Manor, the location for the Christmas Party and unfortunately now owned by Ezra. The house seemed colder than it ever did before and she had no trouble in believing that it was deliberately made to feel like that from Ezra. Maddie immediately grabbed hold of James' arm and squeezed it as they walked into the house together, bracing herself for what the night held for the two of them.

The first half an hour seemed to have past in a blur. Maddie thought she had a big family until she met James' who seemed to be competing for the title. She shook many hands and kissed many cheeks of people who she barely caught the name of but continued to smile throughout. She was relieved when James mentioned going for a drink "I think that's a good idea" she said breathlessly, letting James lead the way. She swept along the room and hugged James from behind as they waited by the bar. There seemed to be a bit of commotion from a couple in front who seemed to forget that they were at a family party. Maddie blushed in embarrassment until she realised who it was and then she rolled her eyes, "of course" she thought to herself as she recgonised the person to be Ezra. She unwrapped herself from around James to get a better look at the couple in front of them and she was shocked to see that the girl who Ezra was kissing was Lyra. "Oh my god!" Maddie exclaimed, her mouth dropping open at the site of the two of them "Lyra what are you doing?" she demanded of her fellow Gryffindor. "I thought you knew better than to get involved with someone like him" she said with contempt. Maddie knew that Lyra was going through a hard time but she didn't think she would do something as destructive as this.

It had been inevitable that Lyra would see James and Madeline at some point during the evening, but the former Gryffindor had still held out hope that she might avoid her friends. She hadn't seen them approach because she had been too absorbed in Ezra to pay any attention to anyone else. Lyra had been about to suggest that they ditch the party in favor of a more private place when she heard the familiar shouts of her ex-boyfriend turned friend. Lyra stepped back slightly from Ezra to put a more appropriate distance between them while moving her hand down from Ezra's face to hold his hand. The blonde shook her head at James. "Kissing, obviously. You've seen two people kissing before, James. Why are you shouting?" Lyra said, calmly to her teammate. She knew all too well how James and Madeline felt about the eldest Cade sibling.

Lyra hadn't seen Maddie since the engagement, but it clearly suited her. She looked stunning in her gold dress. "Hi Maddie. You look lovely. Congratulations, by the way. I haven't seen you since the engagement." she said with a smile at the other girl. "I'm not really sure what you mean by someone like him. Ezra hasn't done anything to me that you should worry about, and I like him." Lyra said truthfully, glancing at Ezra to make sure she wasn't taking that too far. It was new information that she hadn't intended to admit to Ezra. She didn't expect James and Maddie to understand, but she hoped that they wouldn't cause a scene in the middle of the family party. She looked up at Ezra, squeezing his hand as she leaned into him. She hoped he wouldn't make her eat her words.

The sudden interruption from his brother was not a welcome one and certainly put him in a foul mood just when the evening had been looking up. "James don't embarrass yourself," Ezra scoffed. He knew he needed to be careful. There was nothing Ezra liked more than taking his brother down a peg but he knew Lyra was fond of James and considered him a close friend. At the moment it was Lyra and Ezra on one side, James and Maddie on the other but if Ezra dumped on James too much he could turn Lyra against him and that was the last thing he wanted. "Whats the big deal James? Why do you care so much who Lyra kisses?" He asked hoping to deflect Maddie's attention to a possibility of jealousy on his brothers part. Ezra smiled genuinely at Lyra when she told her friends she liked him. "You do?" He asked squeezing her hand. "I like you too,"

James was overcome with anger as he looked at the scene in front of him. Despite everything that happened between them he considered Lyra a good friend and seeing her with Ezra was alarming for him. "How? Why? What is wrong with you?" James managed to blurt out. He didn't want to sound like he was getting on at Lyra but he just couldn't understand what was going through her mind. "You know full well what Ezra is like why would you want to be involved with him?" James couldn't believe that Lyra was able to look at James and Maddie and tell them she liked Ezra. "You like him? You can't be serious!"

Maddie was incredibly confused about the situation and it was taking her a long time to process what was happening in front of her. Her brow furrowed when Lyra defended her actions and tried to change the subject by congratulating Maddie on the engagement. She tried to squeeze out a small smile at Lyra's compliment but she was sure it came out as a sneer instead "I...er, thank you?" she said to Lyra conscious that she was trying her hardest to defuse the situation which Maddie appreciated as the last thing she wanted was for there to be a scene at the party in front of the whole family but she couldn't help but think Lyra was making a mistake. She wanted to warn Lyra, to make sure she knew what she was getting herself into something that she wished someone could have warned her about those few years ago.

However, before she had time to reply, Ezra soon piped up to offer his opinion on the situation and Maddie immediately crossed her arms and rolled her eyes when he began to speak. She knew that James and Ezra clashed every time they saw each other so why would this evening be any different? She knew how James felt about Ezra and with every word she could feel James' anger brewing. She placed her hand on his arm to try to get him to calm down because he would only regret acting out in front of his family later. But Ezra knew exactly how to play the situation, he knew how to play everyone's strings and his target was now Maddie.

Despite wanting to keep her cool she couldn't help but let her feelings get in the way of any situation. The idea that James and Lyra might still have feelings for each other had been spinning around her mind ever since they had broken up. It was only exacerbated by the fact that Maddie and James had spent the last few months away from each other and James and Lyra had practically spent every day together as they were now on the same Quidditch team and now James was getting realy angry and protective over her and Maddie's worst fears began to resurface once more. She knew James loved her, they were engaged and they were strong together but she still couldn't help that feeling in the back of her mind. She felt her cheeks burn when Ezra asked James why he was so bothered. Her hand dropped from his arm and she refolded her arms as she waited for an explanation from James. Maddie knew that he and Lyra had become good friends and she trusted them both, didn't she?

The explanation never came and James continued to demand answers from the two of them instead. Maddie understood why Lyra "liked" Ezra in a way because Ezra could be charming but he was also manipulative and he was rude and he was mean and she wanted to warn her friend away from him. Ezra's "like" was superficial and she didn't want Lyra to get hurt anymore, despite her own insecurities about her and James. "I don't want you to get hurt Lyra, you know what he's like. We're just looking out for you" she tried to reason with the former Gryffindor, carefully avoiding Ezra's eye. She didn't want him to know how much his comment affected her.

The blonde girl smiled up at Ezra as he squeezed her hand. "Yes, but don't let it go to your head." Lyra said, rolling her eyes playfully. Then, he shocked her by admitting, in front of James and Madeline, that he liked her. Out loud. "Wait...what?" she said, startled. Ezra Cade didn't have feelings for girls. Or, he didn't according to everything James had told her. Only, he seemed sincere. One side of her knew not to trust him, but on the other hand, Ezra hadn't been anything but honest with her. She glanced up at him again as he spoke to James. She knew Maddie could be rather jealous, and she didn't want the other girl to get the wrong idea. Everyone knew James only ever had eyes for Madeline Walden.

However, Lyra was distracted as James continued to assault her choices. Lyra's temper flared as James asked her what was wrong with her. She really didn't think James had any right to be so rude to her or so judgmental. Her green eyes flashed at him dangerously, a look he should have known well by now. "Nothing is wrong with me, James. Not that it's any of your business, but I happened upon Ezra a few days ago in a bar, and we spent time talking, and then not talking." she said with a shrug. James didn't need to know the details of what they had spent doing."Yes, James. I'm serious. I like him. He's not been anything like you've described for years. We have fun together." the former Gryffindor said, hoping she wasn't overstepping with Ezra. She didn't want him to read too much into her words, but she was defending him to James, which was kind of a big deal. She squeezed his hand once more, hoping he would continue to play nice with James. She didn't want to be the cause of a scene with the entire Cade family in attendance. She knew this was an important party for James and Madeline as an engaged couple too.

Lyra looked at Maddie as she spoke, understanding the concern in her words. She nodded her head at Madeline. "Maddie, James. I love you both, and I know you mean well, but I know what I'm doing, and I can take care of myself. You both know what I lost. Nothing could possibly hurt me worse than that." she said, quietly, talking only to the pair of them, imploring them to see that she meant what she said. No one would cause her the pain that she had inflected on herself by pushing away the only boy she had ever truly loved and had loved her back. Ezra could hear her she knew, but he wouldn't fully grasp what she meant like James and Maddie would.
<i></i>

Ezra laughed at Lyra's comment, it seemed strange to laugh in the current situation but Lyra made him feel relaxed even when he had two people yelling at him and accusing him of being bad for Lyra. Only one person could make that decision and that didn't seem to be the conclusion Lyra had come to. "You seem surprised? Was it so surprising that Ezra would feel the same as Lyra did? Nothing had changed regarding Ezra's feelings about relationships, but he felt something for Lyra that much was clear.

"Back off James," Ezra raised his voice slightly and stepping forward, though he still kept hold of Lyra's hand. He didn't want to go off on James, he knew that would push Lyra away but he wouldn't stand there and let James talk to her like that. "Its none of your business, neither of you, Lyra is an adult and you need to respect her decision, and for the record I don't intend on hurting Lyra," Ezra listened to what Lyra said and couldn't help but think she wasn't talking about her mother but something else.

James listened to Maddie and to Ezra and to Lyra. When he felt Maddie let go of his arm he couldn't help but think that she was taking what Ezra had said to heart. Once he had her alone James would talk to Maddie about what had been said and how she felt about it but the time being they were both focused on getting Lyra away from James. Listening to both Lyra and Ezra talk about how much they liked each other made him want to be sick. "Give me a break," He mumbled to himself. Ezra's defence of Lyra was surprising, he didn't think his brother was capable of actually putting someone's feelings before his own, James still wasn't convinced however. "Whatever he's done, whatever he's said to make you think he's a good guy its all a lie, an act, he's toxic and if you don't get away from him he'll drag you down,"

Lyra talking about what she had lost surprised James but it soon became clear it wasn't her mom she was referring to which made James scoff. "You didn't lose him Lyra you pushed him away," James had seen quite a bit of Felix, he hadn't taken sides between them but he couldn't believe Lyra was trying to argue she had lost Felix when things ending between them had been her choice.

Maddie was second guessing her thoughts on Ezra when he announced that he really liked Lyra in front of everyone. Even Lyra seemed shocked and Maddie had no idea what to think about the situation. Her gut and past experiences with the former Slytherin made her wary of his actions and his intentions but Lyra was determined to make them see that he was different but Maddie couldn't be convinced. She huffed as Ezra and Lyra tried to defend themselves in front of Maddie and James. She wanted to see Lyra happy, of course she did, but Ezra was not going to be the source of happiness for her friend.

The conversation was getting heated and for once Maddie felt like the peacemaker rather than being the instigator of the drama. She could tell Lyra was getting agitated with James' every word which in turn annoyed Ezra who was difficult to get on with at the best of times which made James furious. Maddie watched as Ezra stepped forward to James and she immediately put out her arm as to shield James from his brother. "Look there's no need for this" she began but was soon cut off by Ezra who started a verbal assault on the both of them. Maddie blinked at the older boy and placed her hand on her hip "we only have the best intentions for Lyra. you may not intend to hurt her Ezra, but it's in your DNA. You can't get away from it. Your poisonous" she argued back, forgetting about her peacemaker presence in the conversation. All the civility had evaporated from the situation and all the things Era had done in the past came flooding back. She didn't want to make a scene, she didn't want to fall out with Lyra but she wasn't going to be spoken to like that by Ezra Cade.

She wanted to grab Lyra by the shoulders and shake her. Maddie knew how fun it could be with Ezra but he could quickly change and take a turn and be vile which was the last thing that Lyra needed but she was as stubborn as Maddie was and when Lyra had an idea in her head it was difficult to steer her away from it. Maddie sighed when Lyra spoke about being able to take care of herself, she knew that she could but she shouldn't have to. Maddie bit her lip when Lyra spoke about losing the thing most important to her and she understood completely. If she had lost even half of what Lyra had she probably would have been acting the same way. Losing James would be like losing her right arm, it would be devastating and she couldn't imagine life without him. She nodded at her friend "I know Lyra, just be careful" she warned her.

However, before Maddie could say anymore she heard James scoff at Lyra's comment and she gasped at his reply. "James!" she hissed. It wasn't their place to comment on what happened between Lyra and Felix and tonight definitely wasn't the time. She quickly looked to Lyra as she waited for the eruption. This night really wasn't going to end well.

"Actually, yes, but it's a nice surprise." Lyra told Ezra before he stepped forward slightly, telling Maddie and James to back off. While Lyra meant it when she said she could take care of herself, it was nice to see Ezra defending her. It also didn't hurt to hear him say he had no intentions of hurting Lyra. Of course, it was hard to hurt someone when you knew up front what you were getting. Lyra had made no promises to Ezra, and she didn't expect him to make any promises to her. However, that didn't mean she didn't like being with him or getting to know him better.

Madeline and Lyra had lived together in the same room for seven years, and while they had not been friends for the majority of that time, they knew each other well. They were similar in so many ways that Maddie probably understood Lyra more so than anyone outside of her family. Lyra didn't really like what Madeline was saying to Ezra, but she understood why Maddie felt that way. Lyra nodded her head as Maddie told her to be careful. "Really, you don't need to worry about me. I'm fine." she tried to reassure her friend.

Lyra glared at James as he continued to lecture her. She really didn't see why her casual relationship with Ezra would effect James so much. It wasn't as if she was rushing off to marry Ezra Cade tomorrow. It was just a bit of fun. However, at James's last comment, Lyra flinched as if he had hit her. She had seen Felix only last week, had coffee with him. It was so clear to her that he was happy and had moved on with his life, which only convinced now more than ever that she had made the right decision for him. Lyra loved him, and she wouldn't be the source of heartbreak for him. James's words cut deep, and before she realized what she was doing, her open palm made contact with the side of his cheek with a loud smack. "How dare you?! You have no right to say that to me." she said, her voice raised. "I know how you feel about Ezra, but have you ever considered that you might be part of the problem?! Because he's never talked to me the way you just did." Lyra said, her eyes shining from unshed tears.
<i></i>

Ezra could no longer deal with James, he was being so closed minded about the situation. The fact Ezra was...involved...with someone his brother cared for was complicated enough but now James was refusing to let it go and let the two adults do their own thing. James always had to stick his nose where it didn't belong and it was one of the many things he despised about his brother. Without a word Ezra turned his attention to the slightly more reasonable one of the couple opposite them, Maddie which surprised him as she had more reason to be against the idea than most as Ezra had had his own thing with Maddie during his stint at HNZ. "What ever you want to believe Madeline, why don't you and your judgmental boyfriend run along and cast assumptions elsewhere, I don't want to throw out my brother and future sister-in-law but I'm not above it," The moment seemed to come from nowhere. James's vile words turned from him to Lyra and something snapped in her and suddenly her hand slapped against the younger Cade's face. Ezra struggled to hold in a laugh but instead he knew how he needed to react. "You've gone too far James, get out you're no longer welcome in my house,"

James felt like he was losing control of the situation, if he was ever in control to begin with. He no longer knew what was coming out his mouth, it was bad and to make it worse his tirade was aimed at Lyra and he had only begun reacting that way in the first place in defence of her against her brother but her defence of him blurred everything in his mind and it had just become he and Maddie arguing with Lyra and Ezra but even as more words escaped his mouth he could feel even Maddie losing confidence in him. James knew what he said about Felix was too much, it was true and he genuinely believed it but it was too much, Maddie clearly thought so too. In the blink of an eye he felt Lyra's hand across his face and he knew that he may have damaged one of his closest relationships beyond repair, but any chance he had of trying to apologise to Lyra went out the window when Ezra swooped in to play the knight and shining armour. "You're serious," He scoffed at his brother. "Fine," James turned on his heel and began to make his way to the door. He didn't know if Maddie was following and he wouldn't blame her if she wasn't. But he couldn't look back, he just needed to get away from his toxic brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back