Closed Late night spells

Alexis Rodes King

The Rodes are not easy to get on your side.
OOC First Name
Lexi
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 12 1/2" Flexible Larch Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Alexis was restless. She had left the Slytherin common room half an hour ago. It was actually getting late and she knew if the prefects caught her she'd be in trouble, but what could she do really. She knew the incantation for a sleeping spell, but there were a couple problems with that. 1. She didn't have the skill to cast it. 2. It wasn't a spell first years were allowed. 3. She didn't think that someone could cast it on themselves. She decided to sharpen her skills with the spells she knew how to do and possibly practice some of the other spells she would be doing this year. The problem was where. She was walking around and heard a noise before she quickly ducked into an empty classroom. "Luminous." She muttered so she could see around the dark class better. By the looks of things it was abandoned. And lucky for her Kaiba was still asleep in her arms. "Nox." There was no way she was leaving her only friend to be tortured. "What was that spell used to lock doors again."Alexis asked herself tapping her wand to the side of her face.

The only interesting things she had done this week seemed to be irritating that Luxen boy, getting her nails painted by her dorm mate and taking note of how the other boy Maddox reacted to the mention of family.

@Luxen Silverback II @Majora Valentine @Penny Wills

Tinny had gone all summer without a drop of butterbeer since the snake team's loss at playing Quiddtich. She was therefore not in the best of moods though she was determined to see her punishment through and not drink anymore until her favorite Quidditch team was winning again. She went to perform her duties of cleaning the abandoned classroom only to discover that someone was already in there. A student! "Missy should not be here, Missy will get in trouble!" Tinny scolded as she looked at the girl and surprisingly the cat in her arms. "Missy will definitely get into trouble!" Tinny said loudly though she had tried to keep her voice low as she wasn't the type of Elf to tell on students when they broke the rules.

There was simply no way the Missy could get away with being out and about this time of night with a cat and not attract the attention of Prefects doing their final rounds or worse Professors.
"Missy should also not be using magic this early in term!" Tinny added wondering how a new student could possibly think using magic before the classes began was a good idea. Tinny knew the Missy was asking for trouble and felt bad considering she often got in to trouble among the House Elves. "If Missy promises to leave and not do this again, Tinny will help Missy" Tinny offered politely. Tinny felt this was an honest mistake and figured helping her might be better than letting her get into trouble especially since other students might do the same.

Alexis was aware she was pushing the limits a bit. Maybe her plan wasn't the best plan she's ever had. Actually it was stupid and she didn't know why she thought she could get away with it. Obviously someone was going to find out. The house elf seemed kind enough to offer help. Surely Alexis would need it to get out of this without too much consequence. She sighed still bored and restless. "You can call me Alexis." She said sweetly to the elf. "So how do you suppose we get out of this unseen. I must say I wasn't really thinking all that much." By this time Kaiba had woken up and jumped out of Alexis'arms. He trotted towards the elf and sat down waiting to be given attention. Alexis didn't really understand why her cat was being so kind. But shrugged it off

Tinny had to think for a moment, it wasn't helpful that the little furry thing was trying to get her attention but she couldn't let that distract her. "It's nice to meet Missy Alexis" Tinny said as she tried to think of a plan. Subtly wasn't exactly the Elf's strong suit and she doubted any of the other House Elves would help. "Where does Missy Alexis need to go?" Tinny asked thinking that it would be quite difficult to get her back to the Towers without getting caught. If the Missy was a Badgy or a Snakey than while difficult, it would still be possible.

Tinny thought about the secrete passageways the House Elves knew and used but shook her head to herself. They were very small and really only the House Elves could ever use them, she didn't know of any student that could and wondered if they were perhaps bewitched that way. Tinny could simply transport herself where she needed to go if she really needed too but that was loud and this late at night most House Elves were not supposed to use that magic which meant that was not an option either. There was no choice,
"Tinny will go ahead and make sure the path is clear for Missy Alexis, you follow but not too close" Tinny explained. If they ran into a Prefect or Professor than Tinny could hopefully distract them long enough for Missy Alexis to hide.

"I need to get back to the dungeons." Alexis said nodding her head to the idea of following the elf. She wasn't sure if she should mention an idea that came to mind or not. It seemed Kaiba liked the elf and Alexis thought that if she did get caught somewhere along the line she could say she was looking for her cat that had escaped. It seemed a plausible plan and hopefully wouldn't result in too much trouble. "Tinny?" She questioned. "I do have an idea that could help as a backup plan. I noticed my vet likes you a lot. I was thinking maybe you carry him. If anyone asks say you found him alone and are looking for his owner." Alexis chewed on her lip waiting to hear what the little elf would say.

Tinny thought about the pathway to the dungeons, she had always traveled by the secrete House Elf routes so had never needed to go through the hallways. Just to get back to the staircase they would have to pass the Prefect Common Area and the Head Missy's Office. Tinny was surprised Missy Alexis was able to get past them the first time without being caught. Tinny will get you there!" Tinny said though she wasn't so sure as she picked up the furry thing. "Missy Alexis has a good idea" Tinny said figuring in a worse case scenario Tinny could throw the furry thing at anyone that got in their way.

Tinny stepped out into the hallways, the portraits were thankfully snoozing and were unlikely to raise any alarm as long as they were quiet. Holding the furry thing she looked back at Missy Alexis "We have to be very quiet" Tinny said in a low whisper as she began walking out and saw that the hallway was clear. She wanted to run but figured it would disturb the portraits and anyone in the nearby rooms if they were currently occupied.
"Meow!" the furry thing suddenly said causing Tinny to jump a foot off the ground and clutch the thing tighter. "Shhh furry thing" Tinny pleaded as she looked around to make sure nobody had heard.

Zennon was on patrol again tonight, his least favourite part of this job. He'd decided to forget about his partner tonight as he didn't want to deal with any chitchat. He'd hung out in the Prefect's common room for a couple of hours to give people a chance to sneak back into their dorms if they hadn't already before starting on his walk. There was a secret passage way close by that he would need to check too, because it was a fake one and people tended to forget that and subsequently get stuck in it. As he walked, he could hear what he thought sounded like a cat and pulled out his wand, jogging a little further down the hall until he came across a house elf. He frowned. "What are you doing out here, don't you have a job to do?" He asked, looking at the little creature that appeared to be holding a cat.​

Tinny had barely walked down the hallway when a Prefect popped up from the common area. Tinny squeezed the furry thing a bit tighter wondering if it was time to throw it in his face and tell Missy Alexis to run. "MeoW!" the cat said louder than before as it claws dug a little in Tinny. "Tinny was cleaning Prefecty" Tinny began trying to think and hoping Missy Alexis was staying hidden. "Tinny is a good house elf and does her job very well" she added with more confidence. "Tinny saw this furry thing and was looking for it's owner" she continued as she looked down at the cat.

Tinny figured using the cover story Missy Alexis suggested might help but also knew she needed to get the Prefecty to leave if she was going to stand a chance at getting the Slytherin back to the dungeons.
"Tinny asked the little student in the fifth floor but they said it wasn't their's. Does this furry thing belong to Prefecty?" Tinny asked holding the furry thing out for Prefecty to see. "Tinny doesn't want a student to be sad so she's checking all the floors for any other students" she quickly added.

Alexis had managed to stay out of sight as the heard the exchange between the prefect and the house elf. She felt bad for the house elf as it seemed Kaiba was getting restless. Kaiba definitely seemed to get offensive when the prefect showed up. She wanted to make sure that he didn't hurt the elf,but she had to stay out of sight until the prefect left.

Zennon raised an eyebrow at the house elf. He had never trusted house elves, they were too smart for their own good sometimes and with all the power they possessed, for centuries they'd been slaves. Most of them were free now, but that didn't mean Zennon trusted them. If Tinny really wanted to find the owner of the cat, she should definitely be able to do that without looking door to door. She then mentioned that there was a student loose on the fifth floor, but that was another Prefect's beat, not his, he didn't need to catch everyone. "The cat's not mine, but give it to me. I'll take it to Professor Ateara and Professor Faye until it's owner can be located." He said, holding his hands out for the cat. He couldn't allow the House Elf to search for the owner if she were going to do it this way, after all, there were better things she should have been doing. "You have more important things to do," he said, placing his wand back in his holster.​

Kaiba hissed at the boy and made to swat his arm with his claws extended. He then tried to climb up onto the elf's shoulder. He liked the elf a lot and just wanted it's attention. Alexis started to worry if the boy would leave. She may have realised a bit too late that she really didn't want to be in trouble.

Tinny's eyes widened in horror at the thought of turning over Missy Alexis's furry thing. "No, Tinny is a House Elf, Prefecty is much more important than Tinny and has more important Prefecty duties" Tinny said quickly as she felt herself began to panic a little. The Furry thing was starting to hurt her shoulder as she felt it's weight on her tiny body. Tinny was not sure she liked this nosey Prefecty as she tried to think think think...

"Furry thing doesn't like Prefecty so Tinny will just continue her duties and Prefecty can continue his" she said matter of factly. She stuck her head up as though the conversation was done and began to walk away from the Prefecty. She didn't work for him after all and was not bound to do what he wanted, she was a Hogwarts House Elf and her duties were to the school and the current Headmaster or Headmistress though secretly she hoped the Prefectly would be annoyed and focus on her so that Missy Alexis could do something.

Zennon rolled his eyes at the house elf. See, this was why they were annoying! "It's not exactly like I need to hold her to move her," he said, pulling out his wand and silently summoning a carrier, "I can put her in this, or you can and take her directly to Professor Ateara and Faye, if you're going to look for the owner of the student like this, I can only assume you're too tired to work properly, so you must need rest. Once you leave here, you need to go directly to them, I have a few places along the hall I need to check before I go back to my dorms," he said, looking down the hall towards the abandoned classroom and a couple of the other rooms.​

Tinny was now annoyed with the Prefecty, he should have just minded his own business and left she thought to herself as a darker side of her was starting to wake. She knew her father had gotten into trouble back in his day when serving his family and while Tinny had never done anything similar it didn't mean she lacked the capacity. "TINNY! DOES NOT NEED PREFECTY'S HELP TO DO HER JOB!" Tinny shouted in an offended tone causing several of the portraits to jump from their sleep.

"What's the meaning of this!" shouted a grumpy man from one of the portraits. "We're trying to sleep!" came the cry of a witch that was now annoyed.

The cat tried to jump free but Tinny grabbed a hold. "Tinny can do this" Tinny said with a smirk as she snapped her fingers. CRACK! she vanished but knew he would hear the second CRACK! as she reappeared inside the abandoned classroom with the furry thing still in hand. "Quick Missy Alexis grab Tinny" she whispered to the girl as she figured it was too late to try and get the Prefectly to leave on his own. The Portraits in the hall were now all awake and in an uproar over the loud noises that had waken them.

"What the bloody hell, your a Prefect you should know better than to make all this racket this late at night!" a wizard scolded. A group of witches that had worked in St. Mungo's were also now scolding the prefect loudly as Tinny grabbed a hold of Missy Alexis and CRACK! dissapeared from the second floor.

*minor godmode approved by Alexis King

"What the-" Zennon stepped back as the house elf seemed to unleash absolute hell on Zennon. At least he knew her name because if she thought he wasn't going to the Headmistress about this, she was absolutely delusional. This was exactly the reason he didn't trust house elves and the fact she was acting so weird, meant something was wrong, he was sure of it. He couldn't say she was trying to protect someone, but she was absolutely doing something suss. Maybe she'd kidnapped the cat or something, but either way he was absolutely going to the headmistress at the first opportunity. He turned on the portrait as it began to yell, he had heard two cracks of an elf's apparition, he was extremely suss that the elf was hiding something or someone and he really now highly doubted that she had simply found the cat. It seemed more likely to him that there had been a student out, that, or the elf was a complete loon and shouldn't be at the school at all, what a crazy elf. He then turned to the portrait and rolled his eyes. "Oh, shut up, if you were so upset you should have said something earlier, she was quite loud ages ago. Besides, I'm on patrol and you're not alive, f*ck off." He said, rolling his eyes and turning on his heel. He was absolutely heading to the headmistress straight away.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back