OOC First Name
Kiersten
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
11 in Knotted Silver Lime, Dragon Heartstring Core
Juniper had never been one to worry about attending events solo - it just meant more eyes on her, but as she was approaching the last few years of her Hogwarts career, she thought it couldn't hurt to at least have some semblance of romantic life. And somehow that managed to happen when she got a date with Simon. She wasn't in Heta Omega, but the Brotherhood President seemingly didn't want to be matched up with anybody there. Or forgot. Either way, she found him to be rather charming and at the very least, he'd be some good eye candy but not enough that it would distract from her dress. She enjoyed the solid color vibe she'd kept the past few years and had even managed to put in new braids for the occasion, figuring she'd go back to blue or maybe natural over the break. She took a sip of punch and smiled at her date. "So, you're not one of those guys who won't dance, right?"

@Simon Thorne

Simon pulled at his tie and scanned the crowd to see if he could find his siblings. Both of them had blind dates and for some reason it had him extra vigilant, as if he cared what kind of trouble they got themselves into. On the other hand he had forgotten to sign up since he had been to busy trying to organize the event. When he had asked Juniper there was a part of him that thought she might say no. After all they had only really spoken once but she had left an impression. And she for some reason agreed to go with him and he wasn't going to question it. He had a date and that was the end of the story. When he greeted her he was momentarily caught off guard by her bold fashion choices but he had smiled and offered his arm. But now as they stood there drinking punch he was suddenly nervous in a way he had been at a dance before. Simon let out a laugh at her question. "Of course not." he said proudly. "Do you want to dance?" he asked curiously, wondering if that was a hint.

Juniper lightly shrugged at Simon's response and smirked. She knew so many folks who were self-concious at these kinds of events and clearly, she did not care to make a scene. "Not necessarily at the moment," she responded, not quite digging the current music selection, "but I just didn't want you to get all shy when the moment's right." Juniper touched the ends of her hair, acutely aware of the significant length change. "You look pretty snazzy tonight," she said, gripping her bag as she turned towards the older boy. She didn't know him that well, but she was never one to turn down a date. Plus, he was cute and wasn't completely annoying like some notable Gryffindors. "Do you think everyone made it with their cute little partner dates?" she asked, referencing the fraternal groupings.

Simon considered her answer and took a sip of his drink. "Of course not." he said with a laugh. "Would you believe me if I told you my mother made me take dance lessons as a child." he said with playful grin that widened at her compliment. "Thank you. That's high praise coming from you." Simon said in a low voice and straightened out his jacket almost reflexively. Juniper's question about the blind dates made him pause and look around the to see if anyone looked unintentionally lonely. There was something about actually being in charge of an even that made him care way more then he expected, and he didn't like it. "I hope so. It was a headache to get them all sorted out." he sighed.

Juniper's eyes widened a little when Simon confessed to being a decent dancer. She had definitely lucked out on her date this evening. "Well, what are we waiting for - let's dance," she said, attempting to drag him on the dance floor. "Pssh, not really," Juniper quickly shrugged off as they started dancing. She normally was very confident in her fashion abilities, but she didn't want to play it up too much in front of Simon, in case he thought she was getting cocky. She couldn't quite imagine what it was like being in charge of such a large club, but Simon seemed to do a good job with it. "I can imagine, especially if there aren't equal numbers or someone drops out last minute. But how did you manage to forget adding yourself?" she asked curiously, giving a small twirl in time with the music.

Simon let out a nervous laugh as Juniper started to drag him to the dance floor. "Alright alright." he laughed. "And I know I said I wasn't shy but you also can't laugh at me. Deal?" he asked with a grin before he started dancing too. He felt a bit awkward at first but started to loosen up as he watched Juniper enjoying herself. He usually preferred a slow dance but he would suck it up for now. "It was an oversight for sure." he said with another laugh. "But I wouldn't be here with you now would I?" he said, leaning down so she could hear him as it seemed to get louder on the dancefloor.

Juniper eyed Simon, rolling her eyes. "You can't be as bad as half the people here. They step on each other's feet," she said in a loud whisper, giving a hearty laugh. She took hold of one of his hands for a moment, pretending to twirl herself, even though she did all the work, and continued dancing to the music, surprised when Simon got pretty close to her face. It wasn't unwelcomed, but it did surprise her a little bit, as she had never been that close to someone's face before, seeing as she had never really kissed anyone before. Unless you count a seven-year-old neighbor boy. "That's true, and you wouldn't be forced to having to entertain me with your dancing. Which is pretty decent, I might add," she said flirtatiously, enjoying the end of an upbeat song, where it quickly switched to a slower-paced number. "Do you still want to dance, or we could get a drink?" she asked curiously, not sure if Simon would be up for a partner dance.

Simon grinned at Juniper's joke. "True." he admitted and let out a laugh. "I promise not to step on you." he declared and even placed a hand over his chest to show just how serious he was. He raised an eyebrow when she grabbed one of his hands to twirl, the skit of her dress floating around her. "A burden I gladly carry." he replied melodramatically to her comment about being forced to entertain her. If he was being honest this was probably the most enjoyable balls he had ever been too. Simon looked up almost surprised when the tempo of the music changed and he looked at Juniper curiously when she suggested they stop dancing. "Of course. I was just getting warmed up." he answered and held out his hand for hers. "I like to think I'm a bit better at slow dancing and I plan to prove it." he said confidently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back