Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eryk
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Libby sat on the bench outside the school entrance. It was spring although she felt the need for her jacket, which she now wrapped close around her. Her truck was all packed as she waiting for the signal that she could leave. She had a long and lonely trip away from Hogwarts ahead of her, and she was not looking forward to it.
She'd been made prefect this year, and it was just her parents luck that they wanted to pull her out of school. Her brother too. Dispite Libby's protests their family were moving again. Apparently her mother had been in trouble, and although Libby thought about how riduculas going into hiding was, she couldn't fight against her parents.
She was to be leaving the school shortly, and she gazed up at the old building, remembering the time she'd spent there.

Larissa was roaming about the castle in the same way that she always had- but with the exception of dung bombs in hand. It was a decent day, weather-wise, and Larissa thought she could do with some fresh air after being stuck in a stuffy classroom. What she had not anticipated, however, was for the moment she stepped from the entrance to the castle, her eyes to fall very slightly, to a girl she had known well. "Liberty." Larissa nodded, about to continue her journey on into the grounds, when she clocked what she had just seen. She turned back, sharply on her heel. "Are you going somewhere?" she asked, no emotion in her voice. Not yet.

She had already lost her family, this year, and Libby was the closest thing to a sibling she had left. A despised sibling, yes, an intolerable goody-two-shoes of a sibling, yes, but still, a sibling. Larissa's eyes were now fixed on the trunk and it was becoming more and more obvious of what was going to soon be. Her face still showed no emotion, but her insides were beginning to tangle up.

Libby turned her head to see a familiar figure. The wind was in completly the wrong direction and her hair blew in her face. Pinning back behind her ears Libby nodded to Larissa. "Yes." she admitted, wondering what Larissa would make of her leaving. They'd been friends since before they'd started at the school, and Libby thought if she'd stayed on, whether they would be after too.
"My parents are taking me and Cedric out of school." she explained, moving up on the bench slightly in case she wanted to sit down. Libby had often been away from school for trips and moves but this was different. "I don't know if we're coming back. Probably not. I think dad wants us to go into a muggle school after what my mum did." she wasn't suposed to tell her the details, but how could she not?

Larissa said nothing but sat down in the empty space offered. She had no plan to ask questions. She did not care what Liberty's mother had done now. If she'd had her way, she would have hidden that she cared at all, but Larissa found her expression alter slightly and her face grow more pale. She was going to lose the last 'family' she had. Now, it truly was just going to be her and Mark and his amusingly infuriating sister. But Larissa didn't want Liberty to go, even if she did find her annoying.

"Muggle schools are awful." Larissa stated openly, not making eye contact. She was silent for a moment or two. She didn't want to say anything. She didn't know what to say. "You could always beg to go to Durmstrang," Larissa shrugged, though she doubted this as an option, "they teach the Dark Arts there." Slowly, she turned her head, looking up at Liberty. Larissa was forcing her lips to remain straight, to not even twitch slightly at the corners. But a teary film was slowly beginning to form across her eyes; Libby had left just after Larissa's father's death and now that her mother and brother were gone.. She stared straight into Libby's eyes.

Libby caught the look that Larissa was tearfully staring into her eyes, and looked away quickly. "You'll set me off if you do that" she gave a half-hearted laugh and a sigh. She knew this was going to be difficult, but maybe it was good Larissa found out this way rather than when she'd gone. She doubted her parents wanted her to returned to her magical studies. "My dad's never stood up to my mum. Mainly because he's a muggle, but now he has because of what she did, and i don't think he wants us to go down the same magical path" she said quietly, the truth of it hurting her.
She had no idea what was in store for her in the next couple of months. "Maybe we could get in contact by owl" she suggested, before realizing how that would be possible. She'd never seen Larissa tear up, and she looked back at her now, giving half a sly grin. "You have loads of other friends here." she offered helpfully.

Larissa gave a quick, disgruntled sniff. She looked straight ahead, not wanting to look at Libby, not able to see her clearly as she felt her eyes wringing out every last drop of salty water that they could. "Oh, yes," Larissa began sarcastically, "loads of friends. A million of them. Yes, why should I spent another second even caring that you're going? Why am I even still here?" Larissa went to stand up to make a point- but she fell back down again, weakly. "My mother and brother were killed during the holiday." She said, the tears disappearing and reabsorbing, salt crystals left on her cheeks. She rubbed them away. "So, technically," she said, smiling in a hysterical way, "I'm an orphan! Hooray for that!" she added with fluent sarcasm.

Her emotions had been all over the place since Mark had told her what had happened. She was beginning to wonder how long it would take before they re-stabilized. She loved Mark and she intended to stay with him, always. She would be seventeen, soon, and then they could officially declare themselves an item. But Larissa didn't care about all that, right now. She cared about losing Libby. Gathering her emotions, Larissa managed a cold "if you ever tell anyone about this, I will hex your family" before she leant over to hug Libby, keeping her in a vice-like grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back