Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
8.5in Straight, Rowan wood, Fwooper Feather core, Rigid
Hogwarts (Scotland) - The Lake

Charolette Greenwood had been enjoying her time at Hogwarts and was happy that her third year was almost over. She was not looking forward to her annoying younger brother, Oscar, joining her Hogwarts next year. He was irritating enough on breaks and holidays, she didn't want to deal with him during the school year. Deciding to take the rest of the afternoon off, Charolette, walk to the edge of the lake to relax.

She settled down at the edge of the lake with her back pressed against a big rock. Carolette set her charms book she had been carrying down next to her and looked around. It was quiet, just how she liked it. Nobody was irritating to get in her way. Closing her eyes, she relaxed for just a few minutes. Charolette was completely prepared to hex anybody who disturbed her.

Geo had been making the most of the summers, although it had taken some getting used to the summers being at the opposite end of the year. Usually Geo would be getting out her large coat in May but here she was in a tank top and shorts, laying out half asleep by the lake for a change. Hogwarts Scotland still held some similarities to her previous school, but it would have been a lie to say she didn't miss spending time with those she'd befriended in New Zealand. If she thought about it too much her chest started to hurt, but she had to keep focused on the the reason she was even in Scotland now at all.
The sixth year felt something drop onto her chest, and startled she opened her eyes in a panic, glancing down to see an OWL soaring above her, and a small white letter resting on her body. Usually the students would receive their mail in the Great Hall, but apparently today she had something urgent to read. With nervous fingers, the Hufflepuff sat up and opened up the note, her eyes scanning the ink on the parchment, heartbeat racing as she realised it was from Hogwarts New Zealand. She'd been invited. She was going to see them again. Part of her had wondered if Austin would do that, but until she'd received this she could never have been sure. "YES," she suddenly yelped, standing up from her spot in excitement, repeating the phrase as adrenaline ran through her body. In a couple of weeks she'd be able to see her friends and her boyfriend again. "YES YES YES, HE DID IT" the blonde was suddenly very excited at the prospect of taking a trip, however short, back to the place she'd spent five years.

A sudden shriek of yes caught Charolette’s attention and she snapped her eyes alert. An owl above soared about and an older girl wasn’t too far away. Who did it? Charolette was as curious as a cat and you know how that saying goes.

“Must be something pretty exciting to interrupt this beautiful and quiet afternoon?” She smiled, but it was more of a grimace.

Geo hadn’t even been aware someone else was near here until she heard the girls voice. She turned to see a girl propped up against a rock, who looked mildly annoyed she had been disturbed, but Geos news had been too good not to get excited about. “Of course it is, I’m going to Hogwarts New Zealand,” she said, before grabbing her stuff and wandering over to the girl, just keen to have someone to tell, “All my friends are there, and now my boyfriends graduating,” she said, waving the letter around in the air. “This is my invite to the graduation” she added with the biggest grin on her face.

The girl did the opposite of what Charolette wanted. As the older girl walked towards her, she scrunched her nose up in annoyance. Hogwarts in New Zealand? Sounds like a copycat. Charolette rolled her eyes. “And are you going permanently or just on vacation?” Her smile was forged in a sea of fake. Maybe this girl would move and scream elsewhere.

Geo thought this girl had an itch on her nose, but she continued on, "I used to go to Hogwarts New Zealand all the time. I only came here for this year though and then I'm going home," she grinned, it even just sounded good to say out loud. Her experience in Scotland had been a good one but she was ready now to be properly reunited with her friends. "Have you ever been?" she asked the girl, oblivious to the fact that she may have just wanted her peace and quiet.

Charolette furrowed her brow. “Why on earth would I go there?” Every generation of Greenwood’s attended Hogwarts. The real one. “What made you come here if you like it so much there?” She asked bluntly.

Geo wasn't getting the impression this girl thought much of her other school, "To branch out your experiences? To try out new opportunities?" she asked, wondering why it was such a terrible idea in the first place. "I've always wanted to be an Auror. I came here to do a year of work experience in the UK to see how it compared to the being in New Zealand," she admitted. It was good after all to get a taste of different countries and cultures, and it would help her when dealing with cases later on.

Charolette smiled in fake agreement. I don't need new opportunities. I have tradition, money, and I am the first pureblood witch of my family. Not understanding why the girl would even want to be an Auror, she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and folded her arms. Her dad always said never to trust a ministry employee. "Why do you want to be an Auror?" She decided to ask, calmly. Charolette had no idea what she wanted to do as she got older.

This girls attitude was usually what she hated most in someone’s traits. She’d clearly had her whole life handed to her on a silver plate. “Because there’s people out there who need us. If there’s no Aurors in the world, Scitorari would be a much bigger problem that they already are. If I can stop something bad happening to someone, why wouldn’t I?” She asked her, debating what on earth a girl like this would consider a value use of her time.

Charolette couldn't imagine who out there was such a problem. Scitorari sees things how they are supposed to be. Pureblood magic is obviously stronger. "My father says you can't trust the ministry." Her mother on the other hand, didn't always see eye to eye with her father. "They've let so many bad things happen."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back