OOC First Name
Claire
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Rigid Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Synnove sat at the edge of the courtyard, writing a letter. It had recently rained, but the bench she sat on was sheltered by the overhanging roof and had kept dry. Every now and then a student splashed past her and into the castle, but they didn't seem interested in the first year bent over a roll of parchment, and she was not interested in them. She was writing carefully. She had six pieces of parchment - thick, high quality parchment with a floral border - which meant that between now and Christmas she could write home every other week. It was going to be tough, but with lessons starting soon she was sure her mind would be taken off her family and how much she missed them. Until then she endeavoured to cram as many heartfelt words as possible onto the tiny page. She had dedicated a paragraph to each of her relatives, and, not wanting anyone to feel left out, had even included a message to the staff. It sounded a bit forced in her mind, but it was the thought that counted.

When both sides of the paper were thoroughly filled, she signed her initials in the remaining gap (there was no room for her full name) and stood to go inside. Half way to the door a cat materialised and hurtled across her path, getting briefly tangled in her feet. Synnove put her arms out to break her fall. The parchment scattered, half of it - including the page she had written on - landing directly in a deep puddle a metre away. She lay in shock for a second before scrambling up to collect her letter. But it was too late. The words, which had been very small to begin with, had bled together and were completely illegible. The cat watched her from the corner of the fountain and mewed. "Don't meow at me," she said. "This is your fault!"

Takano was fully engrossed reading her favourite fashion magazine, when her attention was broken by the constant loud meowing of her tri-coloured Scottish Fold feline, Udon. It had been raining heavily and she didn't want Udon running around in the outdoors. "No Udon, I can't let you go out, you'll get dirty." she said to her feline kindly, stroking its fur. Udon carried on meowing loudly, not understanding its owner. Takano sighed, picking Udon up as she got out of her bed and headed out. "Let's go to the courtyard then, just for a little while okay?" Takano finally gave in.

"Try not to get too dirty Udon." Takano cautioned her cat, as she watched Udon eagerly run around the courtyard. Perhaps she would take a short walk since she was already out here? Taking another look at her running feline, Takano strolled around enjoying the fresh after-rain smell in the air. A cute squirrel was running loose around the courtyard, which caught her attention causing Takano to look away from Udon.

Takano decided to follow the running squirrel, as she was curious about its home. As she was following it, she heard a noise from behind her. She quickly turned around, and noticed a fellow student falling down. To her dismay, Udon was there too, and clearly surprised by the student's reaction, it had immediately sprinted to a nearby fountain.

Takano ran up to the student apologetically.
"I'm so sorry, are you alright? Are you hurt?" she quickly apologised to the girl. "I'm sorry..that's actually my cat," she added, with a worried look on her face. "I'm really, really sorry...is there anything I can do that might help?".

Last edited:
Synnove turned around, still holding the sopping wet letter by her thumb and forefinger. "Oh... I'm fine, it's OK," she mumbled, though the apology was appreciated all the same. It was the cat who ought to have been sorry. It was going to take her ages to rewrite that letter, and it wouldn't be as heartfelt, because in the back of her mind she would be thinking about how upset and annoyed she was. Tucking what was left of the dry roll under her arm, she fished the rest of the pages out of the puddle. Maybe she could dry them out. The floral border was ruined, but it was better than asking to use somebody else's parchment. "I just need to dry this. Do you know somewhere warm we can go inside?" The 'we' had popped out unintentionally. Synnove had hardly said a word to anybody since she'd arrived, and she was starting to think she'd have befriended the bloody cat if it meant she didn't have to wander around by herself any more.

Takano watched the girl fish her parchment paper from the puddle. They did look ruined. "I'm really sorry once again. Udon was just too...excited." she explained, feeling sorry for the girl. "I could give you some parchment paper to make it up to you?" She looked at the dry parchment paper roll the girl had under her arm. "Mine is floral too, or if you want a different design, I have others too. I will gladly share with you some of mine." she added, nodding determinedly.

"Perhaps somewhere with a fireplace? We can go find one together." Takano answered, as she gestured Udon to follow her. "Udon won't do this again, I'm sure she feels bad too."

"It's OK, honestly," Synnove said. "No! You don't have to do that. Don't be silly. It was an accident. And my dad'll send me more parchment, if I ask him - he really won't mind." Lucan had rolls and rolls of parchment at home, scattered in various drawers throughout the house, so that a fresh sheet was never far away when inspiration struck. Not that inspiration struck very often. Synnove thought this might be for the best; his poetry never made much sense to her anyway. "OK! I hope I didn't hurt your cat - I think I kicked her when I fell over, by accident."

(Feel free to godmod Synnove following Takano anywhere, or if you want to start a new topic inside the castle somewhere that's fine by me too! :3)

Takano nodded at the girl, before taking one look at Udon. "Do you write a lot?" she asked curiously. She couldn't remember the last time she wrote to her parents, was it last week? She wasn't much of a writer anyways, she never had been. It proved a challenge for her, putting all her feelings and thoughts into just a few sentences on a letter. So those who could, impressed her.

"She'll be fine, she has a thick coat for a reason," Takano replied with a smile. "There's a muggle saying - cats have nine lives you know? If anything, she still has eight lives left." she replied with small chuckle. "So don't worry about Udon." she continued.

Takano thought for a moment, where could she find a fireplace? She knew her common room had one, but her new friend here wasn't a Gryffindor. "I've an idea, come follow me!" she gushed, proud that she had thought of a place to go.

[ here's the
link to the new thread! also your new updated custom title, I now know how her name is pronounced! I've been reading her name mentally super wrong XD ]

"Yeah, sometimes. I don't like writing stories," Synnove said, "I'm not good at making things up, you know, like... names, and things. I write loads of letters, though." When you had so many relatives, an excuse to write a letter was never hard to find. Even Synnove's thank-you notes could run right onto the back of the card. Once she started scribbling, every word grew legs and ran off with itself. She smiled and started to follow the girl inside. "I don't know where I'm going - this school is so big..."

(Thank youu! And hahaha! I was saying it wrong too, until I looked it up yesterday, and I like it even more now. Technically it's Synnøve, hence the pronunciation =D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back