Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Swishy Pear Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Wyatt felt poorly because he was allowed limited interaction with people outside of his house because of his discrepancies and later punishment for it. He didn't feel particularly bad for his actions only that other students were punished alongside him and now at breakfast he was hardly a popular Gryffindor - especially amongst the Quidditch team as he had to bid them adieu for at least the rest of the season - so he decided to bite the bullet and approach Amber. By now he was sure there were rumours circulating about him that she may have heard and the boy only hoped it wouldn't affect her opinion of him because he really did like her. More than that he actually had to cancel their plans less it was a sneaky meeting in the corridors or in the great hall during meals. So Wyatt nervously approached the Hufflepuff table towards Amber. He didn't sit yet as he saw her though, instead he asked, "Hey Am. Can I join you?" While normally he would've just taken a seat across from someone the Finch was anxious as could be. Butterflies in stomach and all.

Amber was so glad to be back at school. She enjoyed seeing all her friends around and just being surrounded by people, and the feeling of the start of a new semester was always so fresh and clean. Amber was wearing a new dress that had been one of her Christmas gifts this year and she had painted her nails to match. She always liked to dress nicely, especially if it involved new clothes.

She was happy to spot Wyatt, privately glad to see him on a day where she felt so good about her outfit. She was flattered he was joining her at the Hufflepuff table. "Hi Wyatt! Of course!" She grinned. "How was your break? Did you get any good presents?" She remembered how much he had liked to open presents at the Yule Ball. A thought occurred to her that made her feel nervous suddenly. What if he was here to ask her to be his girlfriend? They had gone to the Yule Ball together, was this the next step? She glanced around to see if Ainsley was anywhere near, but she didn't see her friend. She had barely seen her since she had told her about the ball. It would probably upset her to see Wyatt talk to Amber,so she was sort of glad she wasn't here. Ainsley made her feel almost guilty for spending time with Wyatt, even though she knew she wasn't doing anything wrong.

Wyatt smiled as Amber seemed pleased to see him because as nervous as he was to tell her about all that he had done he did still find himself feeling warm just by looking at her. He took a seat and as she asked about his break the boy chewed down on his bottom lip and said carefully, "Actually, I need to talk to you about my break." The boy hoped that he could charm her into not hating him so he looked into her eyes with his big blue orbs and smiled out of the corner of his mouth. "I got into a lot of trouble, actually. Cliffeton accused me and my friends of trashing the Ravenclaw common room and now I'm not allowed outside of the common room aside from meals and classes so that means that our plans are well... cancelled. I'm sorry Am." The boy was careful not to say whether he did it or not - because he knew that although he did do it that didn't objectively mean he was guilty. His mom taught him that if you were smart enough you could be innocent of everything. Hogwarts staff just didn't appeal to laws and he thought that was just a sign of how messed up the wizarding world was and an even further telling of how much he hated it there but he didn't hate Amber. In fact, he really really liked her. So the boy nervously reached for her hand and said, "I'll make it up to you, promise." He felt his heart in his chest because not only was he waiting for her reaction about his revelation but also because he was being extremely vulnerable about his affection for her.

Wyatt took a seat at the Hufflepuff Table and Amber felt incredibly pleased. He told her he needed to talk about his break, which sounded a bit serious, but she got distracted by the way he was looking at her. He was really handsome, how could it be he had no girlfriend already? Could he really like her? Oh no! Maybe that was what he was going to say, had he met a girl over the break? Some beautiful older girl she could never compete with? She braced herself for something like that, so when he said that he was punished and couldn't make it to their plans together, she felt almost relieved. But only for a moment, then she frowned. "But... but the valentines dance?" She asked, biting her lip. "Wyatt, if you're being punished for something you didn't do, we have to go to the headmistress or someone! That's not fair! We could... have someone in your dorm say you were just asleep, right?" She didn't understand, why wasn't he fighting this? She had heard about the Ravenclaw common room incident, but that didn't sound like the Wyatt she knew. She was so caught up in these thoughts, that she didn't notice Wyatt's hand until it was touching hers. She blushed and looked at it and then back at Wyatt. "If... if you can't go out besides for meals, we could eat together?" She offered weakly. She was still confused and sad, but she wanted to spend time with him. "Maybe your friends could sit with us too, we'd make it fun!" She tried to be as bright as usual, but it didn't quite work.

Wyatt searched Amber's eyes as he waited for her response - it was better than he'd expected and for that he was grateful but it hadn't occurred to him that the dance he wanted to take her to would not happen. The boy frowned and let her go on with more hope than he had about it all. Although he did do it alongside Asaiah and Marisol this was beside the point and he said, "Wizards don't listen to logic - they won't even let my mom and lawyer talk with them. Cause she's a muggle probably." The boy looked a bit sour as he spoke about wizards and magic because in truth he hated the wizarding world and although he didn't want Amber to think he was speaking about her as well the boy didn't clarify that and just let it remain unspoken. "I don't have an alibi but their proof is hearsay and is nothing to stand on," Wyatt stated feeling a bit disparaged by it all especially because he wanted so badly just to leave Hogwarts at this point and they wouldn't expel him and wipe his memory. It wasn't fair to make him suffer so much and take away his future but he didn't say that. The boy smiled though at Amber's suggestion and asked, "If that's okay with you?" He wanted to spend time with her - frankly he wanted to do a little more than that and kiss her now that he knew how much fun kissing could be. "Meals are the only time I get to see Asaiah outside of class too because the three of us were all punished so it'd be really nice." The boy quickly countered, "This is nice too," stroking her soft hand with the pad of his thumb as he said it with his cheeks turning pink.

Amber bit her lip. "But it's so unfair to punish you when you haven't done it, that doesn't seem right..." She sighed. "Are you sure we can't go to someone?" She wondered what sort of proof they had. A part of her did notice that Wyatt never said he hadn't done it, but she didn't linger on it, he was surely honest with her. "I'm sorry, that's terrible." She had always believed that the teachers at this school were fair, finding out that it wasn't always the case was jarring.

"Of course it's okay with me, I would love to eat with you! It would make meals fun." She said with a smile. She had been eating alone lately, so it would be a definite improvement. "I would really like to meet them." She had seen the three of them around, and she wanted to meet them very much. She looked down at their hands again, her own cheeks turning pink. "It... it is nice." She said shyly.

Wyatt shook his head uneasily as Amber suggested that he hadn't done it. That wasn't the point. "It's not so much if I'd done it or not," he said because he had trashed the common room but would not admit this freely. "They didn't allow me to a fair trial - even people sent to GitMo get a fair trial," he said with frustration in his voice but he didn't wanted to make their time all about this because he had so few moments to spend with her thanks to Professor Powertrip Cliffeton. The boy sighed softly and looked at Amber as if she were the only good in his life and for the most part he felt as if perhaps this was the case so the boy was glad to have her there, smiling at him while they held hands.

Amber's reaction to all that he said left him smiling at her and Wyatt who had kissed a few times now felt sure he was doing well but that there was more to be had between them so he asked, "Am, can I um... can I kiss you?" The boy nervously smiled at Amber whose hand he was gently touching with pure affection, only asking now because she had seemed so clear with her reaction to everything else.

Amber decided to let go of the niggling doubt about Wyatt's innocence in this matter, he would be honest with her surely. She wasn't sure if students generally got a trial at this school, that seemed more like something for grown ups. But he seemed really upset about the punishment, so she didn't want to say anything. Instead she nodded and gave him a sympathetic smile.

It was nice to sit here like this with him, and she was just about to start eating again when he asked her a question that made her blush. She looked at him with wide eyes, then looked around at the rest of the Great Hall. Did he mean now? She realized after a moment they didn't have much choice, they were only going to be able to see each other during meals. She laughed nervously and looked at their hands instead of his face. "Um." She muttered, her heart racing. "O-okay." She had never kissed a boy before, so she had no idea what to do. She looked at him again, hoping he would know. She also hoped no one was paying too much attention to them, this would be her first kiss and she wanted it to be special.

Wyatt felt immediately resentful of himself when Amber laughed - he felt sure that the whole school would hear about he was an idiot and had read their relationship for more than a friendship. It felt impossibly hard to think of what had possessed him to want to do such a thing now that he was waiting for her response. The boy was ready to pretend he had asked as a joke when she answered and the boy felt like he could exhale as this had been the longest seconds of his life waiting to hear her answer but he wasn't sure now that he had asked if he was ready to kiss her the same way he and Marisol had kissed. He wanted that to be special somehow because he really liked Amber but their time was so limited to the boy instead leaned in and gave her a nervous peck on the lips, chuckling anxiously as he moved back. "I'm sorry I feel stupid," he said pathetically because it was the truth.

Amber was anticipating the kiss now and she closed her eyes waiting for him to kiss her. When he did, she was startled by how quick it was. She opened her eyes again and smiled at him. Though it had been short, it had been nice. "Don't feel stupid. I liked it." She said honestly. She squeezed his hand. "We can always try again?" She asked, somewhere between hopeful and nervous. Kissing was supposed to be magical, and maybe this one had been, but she felt like she needed more than a second to figure that out. But maybe this was good for now, they were clearly both new at this and she still felt watched here in the Great hall. She decided to show him she liked it without making it more awkward by trying it again immediately, instead she kissed him on the cheek. She smiled and squeezed his hand again too, wanting to put him at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back