Kaela's Team Practice

Kaela McIlvoy

Kaela had walked down to the pitch after the meeting, her firebolt in her hand and her bag on her shoulder. She sat down on the grass, setting her firebolt and bag down beside her. She grabbed a book from her bag and began reading as she waited, trying to keep her mind off of how the meeting went. She was not very self-confident, and she was pretty sure the meeting had not gone spectacular. She just wasn't a leader. She sighed and read, waiting for her team to come to the pitch.

Maddiie raced towards the the quiidditch practcing hoping to get a little earlier. She had already had her padding on and her nimbus 2000 dangling beside her. She also brought water hoping not to dehydarte from practice. She saw Kaela and went and sat right next to her.

"So captain ready for the game?" Maddiie smiled hoping to get her amp.

River had noticed that the first meeting went a little rocky, but she had a feeling that most of the team wasn't here to talk about team names, they were here to play Quidditch, so she was confident that practice would go much better.

River walked onto the pitch with her Firebolt in her hand. She saw Kaela and Maddie already there. "Hey girls," she said cheerily. "I think that I'm just going to fly around the pitch while we wait for the others.

River mounted her broom, kicked of the ground, and she was in the air. She decided to do a few laps, while keeping an eye out for the others on her team.

"Hey!" Alex said, flying down to the pitch from the top of a hill. He loved making an entrance. "So, who else are we waiting on? Everyone ready?"

"I'm ready. Maddiie mounted her broom and swiffly took off towards the pitch.

"Come on team" Maddiie yelled happliy

River spotted Alex as he flew down to the pitch. "Hey Alex!" she waved to him. All of a sudden River took her Firebolt into a dive. She seemed to be shooting towards the ground at 50 mph, and when she was about 5 feet from the ground she pulled her broom up and jumped off. She heavily landed on the ground below her. Looking up at her teammates, "I love practicing that."

River looked around to she who was here. "Did we maybe want to start some drills or warm-ups, or would you guys like to wait for the rest of the team?"

"hey guys... sorry im a little late... good ideas for the names though! :) " kendall said as she quickly mounted her broom and caught up with the others... "by the way, im kendall, im in gryffindor, and ill be one of your chasers for the season!!" she yelled to the others.. she had recognized a few familiar faces....

Rose walked over with her Firebolt over her shoulder and Quidditch Through the Ages in her other hand. When she saw half the team already in the air, she laid down her book, mounted her broom and kicked off. She did 2 laps around the pitch and hovered with her teammates. "So, what're we practicing today?" she looked around excitedly.

Seeing that most everyone was here, Kaela stood, Firebolt in hand. "I really just want us to practice flying with each other. Just getting used to one another and learning to work together. I got a quaffle for us to practice with, so let's just pass it around for now." Kaela took a quaffle from the ground and went into the air on her Firebolt with it under her arm. She flew over to River and threw her the quaffle.

River kicked back off of the ground when she saw the rest of her team going into the air. I guess I should've just stayed in the air, she thought to herself with a laugh. She had listened to Kaela, and saw the Quaffle heading her way. Oh no, she thought, this is why I didn't try out for Chaser. She flew backwards a bit, seeing that the Quaffle was thrown with a lot of force. Suddenly the Quaffle hit her straight in the chest, making her rock a little on her broom, but to her surprise she actually caught it. River held onto the Quaffle tight because she was afraid she would drop it. She looked for someone close to her since she knew she was bad at throwing this ball. She saw Rose not too far away to her right and threw it at him, "Heads up, Rose!"

Kaela realized after she threw the quaffle that River was the seeker, the probably not used to the quaffle. But she wanted to get everyone accustomed to each other, and so this was what she had for them to do. She moved on her Firebolt to the outside of the group, but not too far, watching her team and hoping she was doing an at least OK job.

Rose flew backwards to spread out in a circle with her team, watching them throw the Quaffle back and forwards..

Maddiie zoomed a it back waiting for the quaffel to get to her. It was'nt her postion but at least they were practicing.

((ooc: I just wanted to let everyone know that I edited my last post to throw the quaffle to rose so the practice can move on a bit, since alex hasn't been on in awhile.))

kendall landed and ran back to her room, "sorry guys, ill be back in a minute!" her brothers old broom was just about ready to fall apart.

once she had returned, the practice had finally begun. she fully unwrapped her brand new firebolt and took off to join her teammates in the air... wow, this rides so smooth, kendall thought to herself, now to see how fast it would go... she kicked her firebolt into full speed..

once she had reached her teammates, she noticed they were passing the quaffle... "here, i'm open!!" she called!

After catching the Quaffle River had thrown her, Rose saw Kendall flying up with her arms wide open. Rose threw the Quaffle at her with a strong force, hoping her fellow Chaser was ready for it.

She flew backwards some, noticing that the quaffle was thrown with a lot of force. The Quaffle fell straight into her outstreched arms. Once she had reached the same height as her teammates, she looked for someone to throw the ball to. She saw Rose not too far away to her left and threw it back to her.

Maddiie looked up as the quaffel kept being thrown about. "I'm open she called out"

Rose caught the Quaffle and heard Maddiie shout out, and looked to see that she was open, so she threw it at her.

River decided to let the others have more of a hand with the quaffle since she wouldn't be in contact with that ball at all in the game. She pushed up farther into the air, so she could have a full look at the entire pitch. This is where I'm going to be most of the time, she thought. River liked it high up above the others. She could keep a good eye out for everything up here. She watched as the others were passing the quaffle to each other. Hmmm...I wonder if it would be a good idea fly down by them really fast? It could be good practice so they can ignore any distractions, she thought. With a smile, thinking that this would be good practice and fun for her, River went into a deep dive between all of her teammates. She then began weaving in and out of them all, laughing at their reactions.

"woah!" kendall said as her broom wobbled.. once she had steadied it, she had looked what had almost frightened her enough to knock her off her broom...

she had concluded that it was River, who had just dove between her and her teammates at full speed. river began to weave in and out of her teammates, and kendall just hovered on her broom.. laughing with River..

kendall anxiously waited for the quaffle to be passed her way once again...

Kaela saw River fly away from the group and watched her, ready as she dove back down. With that, Kaela flew a bit above the group, catch the quaffle in mid throw. "All right everyone. I want to get back to discussing our name. We can toss the quaffle while we discuss. So far we have Phenomenal Phoenixs and S.P.E.W. - Seven Players Excellent at Winning. Does anyone have anymore suggestions or comments on the names we have so far?" With that Kaela tossed the quaffle to Kendall, waiting for some input.

((Sorry I was gone for so long!))

"both seem like good ideas.... i think im going to have to vote on S.P.E.W.. it's very clever!" kendall replied as she caught the quaffle... she then passed it on to rose.... "rose, heads up!"

(((its fine!)))

Maddiie felt a little frustarted she didnt care about the name, all she wanted to was play.

"Yes, Yes lets vote on it" Maddiie yelled out.

(((how should we vote... i don't know how to set up a poll... can anyone do that?)))

"yes, let's!" kendall agreed....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back