Kaela is thinking...

"No problem...", Bruin replied with a smile. "So, when do you leave anyways? I know you said soon, but..." Bruin didn't know if Kaela needed more time to get used to the decision she was about to make or whether she was under pressure to depart and he was delaying the whole process.

"Tomorrow," Kaela said sadly, wishing it wasn't true. She really was going to miss Hogwarts and all of her friends here.

Courtney was taking a walk along the lakefront at Hogwarts, trying to be out in the Spring air as much as possible. While strolling alone, she thought she saw two familiar figures in the distance. As she squinted to try and make out who it was she saw, Courtney managed to recognize Bruin and Kaela. Sweet! I'll check out what they're up to.

As Courtney got closer to where they were sitting, she heard Kaela mention the word tomorrow. "What are we doing tomorow?" Courtney asked as she sat down beside her friends.

Kaela's face fell into a horrible frown when Courtney came up cheerily. Oh gosh, how do I tell her? Especially when she thinks we're doing something tomorrow. She looked sadly at Courtney, trying not to cry.

"Uhm, hi Courtney...." Kaela said softly, seeming very off for her normal self.

Bruin got the sense that Kaela wasn't quite ready to tell Courtney about tomorrow and decided to try and kill two birds with one stone, refocusing the question on the present and giving Kaela an opportunity to decide how she wished to spend her remaining time at the school.

"Hey Courtney, forget tomorrow. More importantly, what should we do tonight? I've decided that I've been working far too hard preparing for exams and it has made me a dull boy. Anyone have any ideas on how I could entertain myself this evening?", Bruin didn't want to make light of Kaela's situation, but he thought that this might give her an opportunity to join in something to distract her or opt out and focus on packing or whatever else she might need to do.

Kaela smiled weakly at Bruin, trying to show her appreciation for what he just did. I can't believe I'm leaving friends like this behind. She then turned to Courtney. "Yeah, what should we do tonight? I really need to have some fun."

Bruin gave Kaela a quick wink and then turned to Courtney as well. "Yeah Potter, anything happening on the Hogwarts social scene these days?"

Estrella was on her way to yell at some first years for dunking each other in the lake, not having much else to do, but she stopped abruptly when she saw three of her friends, Kaela, Bruin, and Courtney, all sitting on the lawn. The former of the three appeared somber and troubled about something, and she decided to see what was going on. She attempted a smile, although those were hard for her to pull off well these days. "Is something up?" she inquired curiously, her eyes darting between the three.

When Courtney realized Kaela's expression was disconsolate in nature, and Bruin's not quite so, she was struck with confusion. What in the world is going on here?

"Tonight?" Courtney asked. "If you're looking for something fun, you should consider testing out the items that you won from the raffle draw. Both the items from Weasley's shop and the chess set! Both are equally amusing in my opinion. If any of us own a telescope, we can all come out tonight and look at the stars and stuff, that'd be cool."

When Estrella approached and asked what was up, Courtney grinned. "Indeed, something is up. We're trying to decide on a fun activity for tonight."

"Hey Estrella!" Bruin added as he listened to Courtney's idea. It was incredibly inspired and he heartily agreed. "A little party on the north tower definitely sounds in order. I promise to bring all of my little gadgets and things...", Bruin said trying to sell Estrella and Kaela on the idea.

Kaela perked up a little, glad to be focusing on having fun instead of her leaving. "I have a telescope, and I'll definitely bring my Wizard Chess Set."

"Is there anyone else that we should invite?", Bruin asked thinking mainly of Kale. "Or should this be a more intimate gathering." Bruin said, "Er, I mean a smaller gathering...", he added quickly, hoping that the three girls hadn't taken what he had said the wrong way.

"I'd be cool with anybody joining us, honestly. So if you guys feel like inviting more people, feel free to do so," Courtney replied with a chuckle at Bruin's comments. "Although, I admit I'm going to have to share a telescope with one of you. I don't have my own yet."

Kaela giggled a bit when Bruin said 'intimate gather.' She knew that wasn't what he meant, but it was still funny to her. Having an older brother she tended to catch more things like that.

"Others can come, I guess. But I didn't really want it to be a huge thing."

Estrella raised her eyebrow at Bruin's comment, chuckling quietly to herself. She had known what he had meant, but of course, her mind being in the gutter half the time, she had perceived it the entirely wrong way.

"A party would be fun," she commented, smirking, wondering why they were having a party in the first place. "Do you guys need me to bring anything? I don't have any Wheezes, but I do have a stash of Cherry Coke. I think all the twizzlers are gone though."

"Actually, outside of you three...there isn't anyone other than Kale that I would really want to invite. Cyndi Weasley is nice, but I don't see her around very much and the rest of third years don't really strike me as the partying types, if you know what I mean. So, umm, what time should we meet up?", Bruin asked with a smile.

"Oh, well if this is going to be a party, I can look into getting those enchanted bagpipes we had at the banquet!" Courtney suggested, but then gave the others a wink to show she was not serious. "I agree Kaela, the sooner, the better."

"Alright, I'll head back to Gryffindor and pick up a few items and meet you up there in, say, an hour?", Bruin said with a smile. "That should give me just enough time to do my hair and stuff.", he added with a wink.

Kaela giggled a bit, her cheeks flushing red as she looked down. She sighed and looked back up at everyone, smiling. "Yeah, an hour sounds good. Let's go!"

Courtney stood up from her seated position and stared in the direction of the castle. "Okay, meet you all in an hour. Well, I guess it makes sense for us to walk to the castle together."

(OOC - I'll leave it up to one of you three to start the thread. I've got to go start dinner and stuff, but will check back in a bit.)

Estrella smiled broadly, still wondering what the party was for. "Sounds like fun! How about Lily Potter and Katalina Vanderhol too? They're both really nice," she exclaimed, "Leave food and stuff up to me. I'll be in Hogsmeade." She turned to leave for Hogsmeade.

(Sorry for not replying earlier- I had to run and get lunch.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back