Kaela and Kale by the lake

Kaela McIlvoy

Kaela had found seen Kale that afternoon on her way to lunch and had asked him to meet her by the lake later on. She now made her way to the lake wearing her coat over her robes and carrying her Ravenclaw tote over her shoulder. She found a tree close to the lake and sat down with her back against it. Putting her bag on the ground she took out a book and began to read, hoping Kale would come soon.

Lately things have been going Kale's way, he had an extra boost of confidence since he had asked Kaela out. Hell, you could tell just by the way he was carrying himself; with his shoulders rolled back and his head held high, it made him look even taller than 5'11. He had been in a much better mood after returning from winter break as well.

Kale walked down to the lake front as the sun began to set, the sky was an orangish pink color that made the lake water sparkle. Kaela had asked him to meet her down at the lake front earlier that day, of course he was going to go; he loved spending all of the time that he could with the girl. As he walked down the small slope that led down to the front, he scanned the area for Kaela. He was able to spot her under a tree, Kale creeped up from behind the tree where her back was up against it. "Boo!" exclaimed Kale with a laugh, he was always up for making people jump out of their skin; even if it did mean startling his own girlfriend.

Kaela was happily reading when she heard a sudden noise in her ear. She jumped with a loud gasp, her book flying from her hands and landed on the ground a few feet from her. "Kale!" Kaela exclaimed as she took him in with wide eyes. "You scared me half to death!"

Kale laughed goofily as he watched her book get flung a few feet from her and grinned at Kaela, "You're so cute when you're scared." he snorted with a smile, Kale bent over and picked the book up. While taking off his book bag he set it down on the grass and he took a set next to Kaela, "I'm sorry.." he apologized while giving her a kiss on the lips as her handed her her book.

Kaela smiled and kissed Kale back happily. As she released the kiss she took the book from him, setting it on the other side of her. "Well, I guess I could forgive you." She grinned broadly and kissed Kale again on the lips, closing her eyes.

Kale kissed Kaela back, when he pulled away he gave her a kiss on the forehead and then sat back so he could face Kaela. He adjusted his long legs so he could sit comfortably on the soft green grass, "How have your first classes been?" he asked her curiously, he was excited to have classes with her that week.

Kaela sighed and rolled her eyes as she thought about classes. "Well, they were all right I guess. I can tell I've been out of school for a year though. My magic is awful. I tried to levitate my trunk and it nearly fell. I need to practice more and brush up on my skills.

"How have classes been for you?"
Even though they were in the same year now due to Kaela's being a year behind Kaela and Kale did not share all of their classes due to a scheduling change.

Estrella had thought it would be quite appropriate to go out for a walk on the lake, the place always being one where she could gather her thoughts. Out of all the places in New Zealand, the most had happened to her here, whether it was good or bad.

She thought that the big tree by the lake would be an alright place to go to; she didn't even recognize the two people sitting under it. Only when she got up close did she realize who it was; her ex, and someone that was supposed to be one of her best friends.

"Kale and Kaela?" she said outloud in amazement, unable to help herself. She hated the perfection of how the names flowed together; as if this was just meant to happen.

She willed herself not to cry, however, although she could feel the tears coming on. Her fists clenched at her sides, she backed up, staring at the couple with a blank expression. This can't be happening!

He cocked his head to the side in attempt to get hair out of his eyes, it had grown quite a bit. Kale listened to Kaela intently, his focus on her completely, he couldn't help but be happy whenever she was in his presence. "Well, we'll have to work on those spells then won't we? You probably have to warm up and get used to using your wand again." he suggested with a smile and laughed softly.

Kale shrugged his shoulders, nothing exciting had happened on his end and he really haven't talk much with Ford or Bruin upon returning. Now that he thought about it he really wanted to get together with them and possibly have a bonfire like they agreed to before break. "Things have been good, I really want to stay caught up this term.." he sighed, knowing that his grades were much lower that his own expections. It made him feel stupid that he let his work get so out of hand.

Kale turned to Kaela and laughed, "I'm sorry...I just had a mental image of you levitating your luggage and all of it just falling everywhere.." he squinted his eyes and laughed. "I'm just teasing you!" Kale said, leaning in to give her a kiss on the lips and grabbing a hold of her hand.

Kaela laughed. "Yeah, I fully plan on using my wand at every opportunity." She was glad when Kale said he wanted to stay caught up. Kaela thought that helping him might help her review.

When Kale started laughing and said that he had imagined her luggage falling everywhere Kaela's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open in sadness. "Kale!" She felt a little better when he said he was teasing, and much better when he kissed her. She closed her eyes and kissed him back., intertwining her fingers with his.

"What?" Estrella said out loud, stepping forward a bit, her eyes narrowed dangerously and her lips curled in a wicked smirk, she stated cattily, pretty sure they could hear her now, "Kale and Kaela? I never would have fathomed it. But, I suppose, it has a nice ring to it, wouldn't you say?"

Not wanting to hear either of them say a word, she shot Kaela a rather poisonous glance before turning on her heel, quickly towards the school. Pearly tears welled up in her eyes, but she could not let them penetrate her tough exterior. She couldn't ruin her reputation as a Prefect by looking like a crybaby. At least, not in public. The bite of Kaela's betrayal as a friend stung all over; but she couldnt' let anyone see how badly this had really gotten to her.

Kaela pulled away from the kiss and blinked her eyes open at the sound of Estrella's voice. She listened in horror as she spoke, her hand still holding Kale's.

For a few moments Kaela was in shock. Finally she yelled "Estrella!", taking her hand from Kale and starting to get to her feet. But Estrella was too far away and Kaela knew there was no hope getting her back. She slumped back onto the ground and looked at Kale with sad eyes, trying hard not to let them fill with tears. Not know what to say Kaela just looked at him and didn't say a word.

When Kale heard another voice, his body froze over, and his lips separated from Kaela's and he looked up to see a rather pissed off Estrella. As she spoke out of anger and gave them both dirty looks he rolled his eyes, "The world just never seems to give you a break, huh?" Kale muttered with a smug face as she walked away quite quickly. When he turned back to Kaela began to get up he shrugged her shoulders, "I think she's in a full sprint now. Theres no use." he told her, biting his lip. He would hate for Kaela to lose a good friend because of him but she did know that Kale and Estrella dated before she got with him.

At the sad look on Kaela's face, Kale slumped over, "Kaela, I'm sorry..." he said softly, keeping his eyes on her he twiddled his thumbs, not really sure exactly what else to say.

Kaela looked down at Kale's hand and grabbed them, holding them in her smaller hands. "It's not your fault. I knew it was possible she would be upset over this. I don't want to lose Estrella as a friend, but I'm not going to leave you because of her. I won't let her do that to us. I'll talk to her later." Kaela smiled weakly, hoping Kale would not want to dumb her because of Estrella.

As Kaela grabbed for his hands with her smaller ones, he enveloped them in his own, holding them as if they were his own. "Do you think she'll listen to you or even give you the time of day now?" asked Kale, his expression a bit confused on the whole situation. He cocked his head to the side and allowed his eyes to follow the choppy water, he sighed. "She isn't always as cooperative as we would like.." Kale stated, remembering how stubborn she could be, especially with her father. "I actually conversed with her before I left home, the night of the Yule Ball...and she was fine." Of course this is before Estrella had any idea that Kale had feelings for Kaela, but she actually talked with him after it had been monthes.

Kaela frowned when Kale suggested Estrella would not give her the time of day. Does he want to break up? What if he doesn't want to date me anymore? She suddenly got worried and bit her lower lip. "Do you...want to...break up?" Kaela asked softly, unable to look at Kale. She didn't want Estrella to hate her, but she also didn't want to break up with Kale after they had just gotten together.

Kale was taken aback when Kaela had asked him if he wanted to end things, he gasped and raised his left eye brow at her. Smiling weakly, he wondered why she would think such a thing, "No, no, no!" Kale said quickly, trying to reassure her. He leaned toward her and wrapped his arms around her, "Why would you even think that?" he inquired softly, keeping his eyes on her as he held Kaela in his arms. Breaking up with Kaela was the last thing that Kale wanted to do at this moment, he didn't even care about what Estrella thought anymore.

Kaela smiled softly, glad to hear Kale say that. She loved the feeling of his arms around her. "I dunno, cause of Estrella. I mean if you wanted to try and be friends with her, I doubt being with me is gonna help that much."

Kale frowned at Kaela, he was starting to realize how insecure she really was. He realed her from his embrace and looked her in the eyes, "And I don't care!" he told her, "I don't care what Estrella thinks...I want to be with you. Not her." Kale said slowly, trying to implant that fact into her head. He held both of her hands in his and gave them a gentle squeeze.

Kaela was a bit surprised when Kale released his embrace, but his word took away any doubts she had. She squeezed his hands in return when he squeezed them, glad to know that he wanted her and she would have him regardless of what Estrella thought. No matter what, she had Kale and that was enough for her.

"Thank you," said softly with a genuine smile. "You really are too good to me." She smiled playfully and gave Kale another gentle kiss on the lips.

Kale smiled, happy that Kaela seemed to understand. "Really, I would be friends with Estrella but if that meant that I had to lose you, it's just not worth it." he said sincerely, returning the kiss lightly on the lips. Kale intertwined his fingers with hers, "She's bi polar anyways..." he said rolling his eyes. Kale really hoped that Kalea and Estrella could fix things between their friendship, but he didn't like the thought of Estrella freaking out over it.

Kaela smiled and giggled when Kale said Estrella was bipolar. It was true that Estrella did tend to have some crazy mood swings sometimes, but she was still Kaela's friend. At least, she hoped so. "I'm tired, I think I'll take a nap," Kaela said and laid back on Kale, closing her eyes as she cuddled up with him.

Kale was somewhat relieved that Kaela didn't get offended by his comment on Estrella's attitude, they were friends after all. He sat with his legs in front of him, when she laid her head on his shoulder and cuddled up to him he placed his arm around her, "I've always wanted to be a human pillow." he stated jokily as she declared that she would be taking a nap. Kale smiled leaned his back up against the tree so that he had some extra support. He didn't mind being a pillow for her, as long as she was around he was happy with whatever they did.

Kaela smiled and sighed lazily. She shifted a little, trying to find a good position to lay in. "Well if you want to be a good pillow you might want to get some more meat on you. You're far too skinny, you should be fluffier." She giggled slightly, wondering what Kale would think of this silly comment.

Kale laughed softly and rolled his eyes at her comment about him being skinny, it was a true true. "I try!" he said, "But it never seems to work with me." Kale laughed and gave her a smile. "Sorry I'm not fluffy enough for you." he said with a pouty lip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back