Kaela and Kale by the lake

Kaela smiled as Kale laughed, her head moving with his stomach. "Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with the way you look, it's just not the right structure for a pillow. You'll do though. I wouldn't want you to go on a diet just to make yourself a better pillow." Kaela flashed her teeth in a goofy grin, enjoying being silly with Kale. She missed having fun like this while she was home.

Kale smiled, "Yeah, I'll go on a diet of only.." he scratched his chin, looking to be thinking very hard. "Marsh mellows!" Kale exclaimed with a finger in the air, as if a light had clicked in his brain. "That should make me a fabulous pillow." he shook his head and laughed softly, he liked that he and Kaela could be silly around each other.

Kaela giggled and opened her eyes. She sat up and looked at Kale, smiling brightly. ""Well, I'd imagine a marshmallow only diet would make you a great pillow, but I doubt it would do well for Quidditch." She poked Kale's stomach. "The fluffiness would probably slow you down. Such a conundrum." Kaela let out a playful sigh and looked to Kale.

"Well, I should probably get started on my homework. Plus I gotta practice what I'm gonna say when I run into Estrella next." Kaela's smile weakened but remained on her face. She didn't want to think about Estrella but she knew it was inevitable.

"Yeah, that would definitely add some drag." Kale patted his stomach, or lack of. "Plus, I've never been much of a fan of marshmallows if they aren't paired up with hot chocolate." he licked his lips and imagined the taste, that was his favorite.

Looking down at Kaela he let out a small laugh, "You and your Ravenclaw-ness." Kale teased with a smile, he didn't mean it in a mean way; he just had fun playing with Kaela always looking for a reaction from her. "And Estrella will get over it...don't stress too much about her." he smiled weakly at her, hoping that Estrella wouldn't go around saying things out of fits of rage about them. He really liked Kaela and didn't want Estrella to be any reasons for them to think twice about dating each other.

Kaela rolled her eyes at Kale when he teased her 'Ravenclawness.' "Well hoepfully some of my 'Ravenclawness' will rub off on you!" she said with a grin and poked his shoulder. "And I'll try not to worry about Estrella. I do hope she calms down. It's gonna stink having to share a room with her." With a small sigh Kaela stood and picked up her tote, waiting for Kale to stand as well.

Kale got up as Kaela did and wrapped her into a warm hug, "Now that I think of it, I actually have some homework that I should get to work on as well..." he said, thinking that it would be best to take advantage of the free time and stay caught up. Kale gave her a kiss on the cheek and smiled at her, "Just always keep one eye open when you sleep, you never know what she is going to do." he said whispered, joking with her. Kale hoped that Kaela wouldn't take what he was saying about her friend seriously, he liked to just joke around with Kaela.

Kaela smiled as she hugged Kale back, blushing brightly when he kissed her cheek. "Good, see, that 'Ravenclawness' is rubbing off already!" She giggled and began walking. "Ou, I know, I'll have my pygmy puffs stand guard! She'd never attack me when they are so close." Kaela giggled more, happy to joke about Estrella and her freak out.

Kale laughed and took Kaela by the hand, beginning to walk her toward the castle entrance, "I'm not going to lie, pygmy puffs are pretty darn cute for balls of fluff." he said while rolling his eyes. Kale remembered when Mindy had her own tank of pygmy puffs that she would obsess over, until they all got away. "Does Estrella like pygmy puffs or something?" Kale asked Kaela with his left brow raised and a laugh.

"Well, she has one. I don't know if you would say she likes them, but I doubt she would harm mine. Then again who knows what she is capable of. Maybe she will take out of wrath on all things fluffy. Then you'd be real glad you decided not to go on that pillow diet." Kaela laughed, amazed that she was having so much fun. She almost didn't want to leave Kale to go do her homework, but she knew she had to. It was just so nice to be able to forget all her problems and laugh with him.

As they reached the entrance to the castle Kaela stopped and turned to Kale. "So, uh, I guess I'll see you later?" she asked with a slight awkwardness to her. For no explainable reason she was still a bit shy round Kale when it came to things like kissing and such.

"Maybe you should place a couple of them under her covers to see what she does." Kale laughed. As the castle drew closer and closer he stopped at the entrance, sad that he had to leave her already, "For sure." Kale replied while giving Kaela one last tight hug and a quick kiss on the lips. He sensed the awkwardness so didn't want to put her in any uncomfortable positions, "Have fun with your homework.." Kale said while releasing her from the hug and looking down at her.

Kaela returned Kale's hug and kiss happily. It made her feel a bit more confident to know that he did in fact like her enough to show it in public like that. "Oh you know us Ravenclaws, we always have fun doing homework." She grinned gaily and began to walk toward the stairs, her eyes still on Kale.

The staircase was a bit closer than Kaela had anticipated and she ended up running into the bottom one when he eyes were still on Kale. She lost her balance and fell forward, landing on the stairs. Kaela quickly bounded up, shoving the few things that had fallen back into her tote. She looked at Kale with bright red cheeks, unable to believe she had just done that in front of him. I'm such a klutz! "See ya later," she reiterated quickly and began to rush up the stairs.

Kale smiled at Kaela as she walked toward the staircase, but she looked to misjudge the distance and fell right on the stairs. His mouth gaped open and Kale's eyes grew to the size of tennis balls, "Merlin!" he said out loud and walked toward the staircase to see if she was okay. Before he reached the stairs she was already up and walking once more. That looked like it hurt. he thought to himself, trying to hold back laughter. Kale masked his thoughts about her falling with a smile, "I'll see you later Kaela.." he turned around and headed out of the castle and toward the Great Hall to get a bite to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back