Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 ½" Flexible Pine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Just a quick suggestion that'll speed up formatting a little. I tend to align my post to justify, which means I'm typing
Code:
[justify]
all the time.

I dunno if anyone else 'justifies' their posts, but as soon as the option became available I've been using it religiously.

Can we get a justify button up near the center and right align buttons?

If you are justifying all your posts, you can change your board settings so that all your posts are justified. To do that, click Preferences, and then 'Code Settings' which is under 'Board Controls'. Then you won't have to type it in every time :)

Riley Sparkles said:
If you are justifying all your posts, you can change your board settings so that all your posts are justified. To do that, click Preferences, and then 'Code Settings' which is under 'Board Controls'. Then you won't have to type it in every time :)
Will that affect posts like this if I go to edit them?

Nope, it'll only be for future posts, and you can take it out of the post if you don't want it there.

As a note: the justify BBCode is not a ZetaBoards feature. It's a code I added to the board. It's not really a BBCode at all, it's just plain text in a post which is then hidden by a code and the post with it inside is justified by the code, too. It's hacky, hacky, hacky. I did not want to encourage its use, but people wanted it so bad we hid it away a bit and hoped that it would be a sort of minimal thing (honestly, I didn't even want to include it as an option in the Code CP for post styling). But look how much it's been used... -_-;

Now, we could do something a bit more clever like
Code:
[class=justify][/class]
to justify posts, which would be real BBCode, and not too hacky, and able to have a button to support it if that was desired. (Though it would be a little bit more work to type out, and maybe need a code backing it up to make it look properly justified to the full width of the page.) But that's not set up like that because the class BBCode wasn't a feature on ZetaBoards at the time.

Is this why at times when a post loads, you can see a glimpse of the justify code before it disappears? :o

Esme Lancaster said:
Is this why at times when a post loads, you can see a glimpse of the justify code before it disappears? :o

Nicolas King said:
It's not really a BBCode at all, it's just plain text in a post which is then hidden by a code and the post with it inside is justified by the code, too. It's hacky, hacky, hacky.
So yes. :p All real BBCode is handled server side (converted into HTML and served as such, displayed as editable BBCode when editing posts etc.). This isn't real BBCode, so the server saves it like text. Like if I did [awesomeness] [/awesomeness] - then the code we've got says "hey, if a post says [awesomeness] hide that tag and put this HTML instead" - but the code has to run at the browser level.

This is also why you can search for the justify BBCode and find all the posts that are using it. Couldn't do that with a real BBCode.

Go figure :o That's kind of genius, and I have a new appreciation for the amount of tinkering it took to get justify to be a thing - it's been one of my most favourite, understated features of the board that came in recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back