Just wondering in theory..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alga

I'm just curious- Seeing as giants and wizards can breed, veelas and wizards, goblins and wizards, such forth,
does this mean that in theory- though the creature may not survive- that merpeople and wizards could reproduce?
Just curious but if giants and wizards work then I don't see why merpeople and wizards wouldn't.

Thanks,
Beth

It's a valid question I think, but it would be similar to a human trying to mate with a fish.

Giants have a generally human shape (like goblins and veelas etc), but mermaids aren't technically mammals. They have an entirely different physical structure to a human that would make it impossible for any kind of mating to occur.

However no-one's been game enough to try implanting a baby into a merperson. That'd be a bit far. So I think the answer to your theory is no, they couldn't reproduce. I hope that's helped! :D

Kelsey Ruth ^_^

That and.. it would be crazy dangerous for both to ahem.. mate due to the way they breath no?

Jennifer Wilkonson said:
That and.. it would be crazy dangerous for both to ahem.. mate due to the way they breath no?
Fish don't actually 'mate' so to speak. The merlady would have to produce her eggs somewhere and then the male fertilize them. But it just wouldn't work because humans and fish have totally different biological structures.

Trust Beth to ask a question like this. :lol:

I knew that.. Silly me.

Hmm maybe they could but it would be weird. Some guy sees eggs and 'fertilizes' them, weirdest roleplay ever!
Wait.. what about Centaurs?
Golly this whole discussion is really messed

For the purposes of this site I think it is safe to say that no, mer people and wizards/regular people cannot "mate"/reproduce. :)

Naww.. -_- Ok.
Well, thanks.. But still.. Centaurs as nina has said..

Also, would someone like to draw me a diagram as to how a giant (about the size of a two story house+) mates with a human at most 6'6"?
I would suppose there is a lot of wingardium leviosa's and accio's involved?

Centaurs are not the result of humans mating with horses, nor are mermaids the result of fish mating with humans.
They're several distinct species. In Harry Potter and most mythologies.
Also, would someone like to draw me a diagram as to how a giant (about the size of a two story house+) mates with a human at most 6'6"?
I would suppose there is a lot of wingardium leviosa's and accio's involved?
The assumption is that they don't copulate standing up, and while awkward in the lateral position: it's still more plausible.

A Very strange, yet Valid Topic. I think that this thread helped a lot of people with what 'can' and 'can't' happen. I bet a lot of people wanted a thread like this to answer questions, just decided not to ask.

So there is no way we could get a mermaid and vella to make a baby? I mean that would be an uber cute kid. Exceptions must be made sometimes for the greater good....

Humans can mate with other distinctly humanoid species. Veelas are human-looking except when they're angry. :lol: Giants are just that - giant humans. So it makes sense that things with similar biological structures and such can mate.
Mermaids are not just human, nor are centaurs. So I think it's safe to say that you can't pair humanXmermaid, or veelaXmermaid, or giantXmermaid. Same for centaurs. :)

I reckon we inject male fish, and horse, goo into an egg, and see what happens.

Now, I can get a-hold of a fish; but some-one needs to donate an egg, and supply horse goo. xD

I reckon there are those who have taken this topic seriously (and answered it as such) and those who have not.

You now know HNZ's official policy on these things, so the question has been answered.

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back