Thackery Binns

Book Of Shadow Co-Owner 📚 Southerner In Salem

OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Thackery held onto Selene's hand, guiding her through a cobblestone path. "Well, that was good while it lasted. Apologies darling. It's that time of year when the tourist like to flock," Thackery intertwine his fingers with Selene's, carefully he held her. The gentleman in him alive and present. He didn't know where it came from, he suppose looking after his mother and Gwen made him soft and careful. The shopkeeper lead away from the evening's festivities. The shouting from tourists is far away now as they near the Books, Thackery steps forward unlocking the front door. "Here we are."

It was late October and Selene didn’t know where the time had gone. It had been months since she had finished school and she had split her time between three homes on three continents. Stayi in New Zealand at her grandmas house. Staying in the family home in England and staying at her aunts place in Salem. Plus a few weeks in Greece with her sister and now here she was walking hand in hand with Thackery down the cobbled streets of Salem. With the sound of drunk tourists fading away behind them. There was the destiny smell of autumn in the air and a soft feel of the coming winter in the breeze. it is all Gus it was fun she said. It wasn’t her cup of tea and she hadn’t been drinking but the atmosphere was electric. Or maybe that was just the sparks of his hand in hers Part of her just wanted to keep walking keep his hand in hers his warmth beside her.
unfortunatly Salem wasn’t that big and they soon reached their destination. oh she said as he opened the door. couldn’t we have just kept walking a little longer?. As mush as she said she had moved here to look after her aunts house and be there is Gwen needed her it was no real secret that thackery was the main reason she was here. For some reason they were not officially together despite her sister and Sophie’s constant asking why and by now she really didn’t have any excuses. She wanted it. She wanted forever with him and she thought he did too. But now they were just here a bit and a girl standing on the front steps after a night out.

Thackery let's out a soft chuckle as a smile would cross his lips. "I'm not going anywhere, I was thinking we could enjoy the view out back for a bit. Just the two of us," he motions for her to go inside, where he would follow and shut the front door behind him. Like last time, only this time the moon will be their company and the stars that spreads out in the night Salem's skies. He conjured an old timely lantern, the candle inside flickered on as he held it out in front of them. "I'll be here as long as you want me to be here. When you tell me to go home, I'll go," he chuckles lightly again as he guided her through the shop towards the back door that lead to the porch. He was enjoying Selene being around these days, very much actually. He just prays she felt the same way he felt about her.

Selene went through the door reluctant to let go of his hand "that would be perfection" she said. making her way through the shop picking up a couple of blankets from next to the back door to protect them from the cool autumn night before unlatching the door to let them outside.
Selene was starting to learn a few things. firstly there were some people who were magnets. some were inevitably going to end up together no matter how hard you tried to resist, and others no matter how hard you tried to hold onto them they ended up pulled apart. the other thing she knew was that magnet somewhere inside of her that would not stop pulling until it was with Thackery. it wasn't something that she had consciously noticed before but rather she felt it now settled where they were. she thought back to the there times they had been together. how naturally they had fitted the first time they had met. how they had gone for a walk with him through old Salem and had her first kiss in the snow. she thought of a little over a year ago when she had come here without notice and they were sitting like this on the swing chair looking out over the world she had wanted to freeze time there. but had pushed herself away not wanting to accidental hurt him, not wanting to hurt nell by being happy when she wasn't even though they had been broken up for over a year. she had wanted to hurt herself to stop others pain in her wake. but curled up together here on the swing looking over the night sky felt exactly where she was meant to be. "I don't want to ever tell you to go home" she said shifting closer to him. "not unless I call that place home too" she murmured in not much more than a whisper.

Thackery sighs happily in content. Right on cue, he hooked an arm around Selene bringing her towards him. This, this right here felt nice. It felt right. The many nights he dreamt to be close to her in this way, and it just happens out of his dreamland. Out of his sleep to become reality for them. He wouldn't believe it if he weren't living it. "Selene," he spoke out afterwards, carefully catching what she spoke under hush breath. He's got good hearing, and it confirmed to him what he wanted, she wanted the same. "Selene, I think it's time we be honest with each other, darling. I think it's time we tell the truth to each other," he added, his hand so happened to find bare, soft skin. They weren't all bundle up in this autumn night, it still was pretty nice outside despite the approaching winter days. He touched, caressing the side of her arm. "What do you say, Selene?"

Selene relaxed further as Thackery put his arm around her. all their talk of home Selene knew this was hers. and no matter how she tried to force some distance between them a safety barrier away she knew that they were this close it would be inevitable. she closed her eyes and pushed to see if she could see anything but nothing. her mum always said it was hardest to see those close to you.
sh felt him shift as he said he thought they should be honest. she was about to pull away close herself off protect herself before she felt his hand in her arm the light touch sending a spark through her whole body. her heart knew what it wanted to say, and her body knew what it wanted to do. but her head. her head was the part that needed convincing. her head was the one that was cautious and didn't want to get hurt. her head wanted to at least wait for the morning to not risk spoiling the perfect night. but if it didn't say yes the anticipation of the truth would spoil it anyway. and in the light of day, her heart may not be as bold as she was here in the moonlight. "What is your truth?" she asked. moving back slightly so that she could see his face.

Thackery studied her facial expressions from the dim light of the latern. It's not so bright, yet he could make out what she looked like. The contemplation wheels turning inside her pretty little head. Hesitancy, that unsure gaze he took it all in. If he had to guess, if he was understanding her ways he would be right. The southern wizard gaze down, locking eyes with the only one that matter to him right now. "My truth, my truth is you. It's always been you, Selene," he confessed softly, being ever so gentle with his every word. "I don't think I ever met anyone else that's held me captive the way you do. I don't know why, I just know I'd love to wake up every morning knowing you're right there with me. Knowing that if we're together I'll be the happiest man on earth," he pour his heart out. Every bit of it, Thackery let it all out while he lingered centimeter away from those soft lips of hers. He just hopes, God he hopes for the best.

Selene held her breath as thackery spoke. how could this be real. how could he feel the same way about her as she felt about him. sh felt a tear well up in her eye as he finished. she opened her mouth trying to say something back. anything. but she had lost all her words. "oh" was all she managed to get out before the last bit of distance between them closed and her lips were on his and his on hers. and they were once again kissing by the light of the moon and a singular lantern. she pulled away as her vision flickered behind her closed eyes. she opened them and things were blurly then in an instant reality was gone. her breath caught as she saw her and thackery outside a house, them eating breakfast together. them... she tried to avert her eyes but it wasn't so easy when the image was inside your head. yule and the slightly older family together, her mum, Maya, Luca, her, Thackery and were they maya's children running around? a much older couple sitting on a park bench overlooking the town. Thackery on a swing seat looking at her an unreadable expression on his face the orange glow of the flame slowly returning. colouring the world that she realised had before been black and white. "Oh" she said again cursing her brain. why did it now decide to give her visions when she was looking for words. where had her words gone. "My truth" she started, "My truth is the same. There is no one else I would rather be with. nowhere else I would rather be than with you, you are my home." she said. twisting slightly in her seat so that she was more curled up against him than sitting next to him they needed no more words, no more questions. that was it they were in it for the long haul. wherever it was going to take them. like in Plato's theory of double humans they had found each other and she was not going to let go.

She had the sweetest lips, almost like vanilla extract with a hint of tea green or mint. He couldn't decide. Whatever it was, he long for it from the very first time their lips met. It's satisfactory filled him, the hunger for her lips is full. He can't help to part from her to just stare at her lovely eyes, living in the moment of pure bliss. "Great. I'm very pleased that you feel that way," Thackery murmurs, coming around again to enjoy what she had to offer him. To enjoy what he had to offer her in return. "I love you, Selene. Is that so too soon to say, darling? Because I feel it in my soul. With you here, I feel it in my soul...," he makes the most effort to explain himself. He's never been so sure of himself ever before. Yet, he spoke like a man who oozed confident.

Selene smiled as thackery siad that he was glad that she felt that way, but it wasnt just her mouth that was smiling. she could feel the smile all across her body like electricity on her skin. she shifted again trying to find a position where she could both comfortably snuggle against him and be able to kiss him, when they had first sat the position had been good for snuggling but not for kissing and her previous position had mad kissingeasier but was less comfortable. she brought her legs up and around her legs accross his lap and her arm tucked behind him fingers reachig up and tangling in his hair and her other hand around his far shoulder. she kissed him again before she rested her head in the creasee of his shoulder letting out a light humm of contentment, yes this was comfortable. she could stay forever like this listening to the thrump of his heart.
she could feel his words though her cheek as he spoke them. It it had been any other couple or her with anyone else. saying that they loved her when they had hardly started dating would have been too soon, too much too fast. But with thackery it wasn't. as he stumbled though his words she looked him in the eyes and put a finger against his lips. "hush, I know. I love you too" she whispered her voice soft. gently kissing the very tip of his nose, she would have kissed his forhead if she could have reached without streching. she had spent so long not wanting to hurt him not wanting to hurt herself, not wanting to hirt her friends. holding this moment off but tonight with the stars as witness she let down her resolve and let her heart open. wondering why she had been cautious for so long when she had know, perhaps all along that this was where they would be.

Thackery shifts, moved to make them both comfortably possible in the swining porch bench. With so little light available to them, they manage to blend into each other like two puzzle pieces that belong together. A shiver elicited by the feel of her fingers, Thackery can't deny it. It brought about a new desire he'd wish to act on. For the sake of being a gentleman Thackery shelved those thoughts away for another time. The southerner focused on taking her all in. The sight, the sweet smell of her hair mingling with the cool night air. Darn it, if this was a dream, a lucid visual of him spending time with the lovely Selene, Thackery don't think he'd ever want to wake up from it. God, let it not be a dream. A trick of my imagination. Lord, let this heavenly soul really be right here with me. Thackery sat with her contently not wanting the sun to rise again from ending the best night ever. He hugged her close, kissed the top of her head and then shut his eyes for a moment. Just for a moment he'll shut his eyes to pretend they were comfortably tucked away from the outside world. Away from anything or anyone getting to them.

sitting there in the dim light of the lantern and moon they didn't need words there was an understanding between them that they would each give anything, or do anything for the other but would also not ask for anything in return. time was perfect as they nestled together curled under the blanket as the a soft breese blew the scent of honeysuckle towards them and gently rocked the swing. she felt him kissing her head. she let out a sigh of pure contentment. she kissed him lightly on the neck as that was all she could reach without moving and she didn't want to move she didn't want to break the moment. she was so relaxed her eyes closed and she felt her lashes drag across his skin as they did.
it had felt like just a minute lying in complete comfort when she opened her eyes again. but one look told her it had been longer. sh had been awake enough nights to know that the steel grey of the sky mant that dawn was coming meaning they had been asleep out on the bench all night. she was lying against his chest and she could feel his arms around her keeping her warm and comfortable. she didn't want to move, didn't want to wake him but she turned her head slightly so that she could see his form silhouetted in the dimness. she inhaled his scent, leather and soap mixed with fresh air, mist and something herbal. "Good morning love" she whispered as if testing how the words felt in her mouth hardly letting any sound out through her lips for fear of waking him.

Thackery stretched out his limbs, stirring awake from her sweet greeting. "Morning? Is it...," he blinked his eyes erratically, the sun rays hasn't hit them yet, from habit he does this to start his day. A little stretching, a little rustling around in the sheets. That's how he'd normally greet the day. "Lord, we fell asleep outside, I'm sorry darling," Thackery spoke with a small grin on his face, not entirely sure why he was apologizing for. As far as he knew, this was the best night well spent with the woman he loved and most cherished. He didn't forget, he declared his love for her last night. That won't leave his mind any time soon. Thackery shifted comfortably in the cushion swing bench, nuzzling the raven haired witch closer. "Last night was the best night of my life, I swear on it," he confessed in a hush tone.

Selene felt a shifting benieth her as thackery woke up." Sorry I didn't mean to wake you" she said rolling over to face him and propping herself up on her elbow. "Pretty much, it is somewhere between six and half-past guessing by the light." she said watching him slowly blink awake "Don't be sorry, it was such a perfect evening moving would have changed it and I can't remember ever sleeping that well before" she said as he pulled her closer and now she was practically lying on top of him which she guessed she had been doing most of the night except when she was asleep and had her back to him and now they were both awake and facing each other. she felt him nuzzling her and she was aware of how many layers of fabric were between them, all of her clothes from the previous night other than their shoes. "Mine too" she said before kissing him, she couldn't resist kissing him. "are you warm enough. we could move inside if you aren't or we could stay here and watch the sunrise," she said. she didn't want to move. she thought there was some sort of poetry about them watching the sunrise on the first morning of their new forever but if he was even slightly cold they could go inside curl up together on the sofa or even snuggle up together in bed.

Thackery shook his head, dismissing her apology. "Nonsense, you didn't wake me. It's a blessing to wake up to a beautiful soul like yours darling," Thackery spoke softly, pecking her nose and then her lips. He admittedly stayed attached to her soft plumps longer. "I'm okay if you're okay staying here, Selene. In a bit we can freshen up, have some breakfast. I'll make something for us," he offered his lovely. He so used to making something for his mom and Gwen, he's gotten used to cooking and enjoyed it some days. When there's no energy there because of him managing the shop, Thackery visits Mrs. Goodman's diner down the road and bought off the menu. Mrs. Goodman is a proper cook, she's known by witches and muggels to make a delightful omelette recipe. In the afternoon a wonderful clam chowder bowl. Thackery made a mental note to bring Selene for the chowder. "I'm fine, no worries love."

Selene had never though of herself as beautiful neither inside nor out. but here, dressed in last nights rumpled clothes her hair a mess and in need of a shower and a tooth brush, as Thackeray called her beautiful soul and kissed her so tenderly she could almost believe that it was really the case. "sunrise is my favourite time of the day, it's a new start a new beginning" she said. she loved the peace that came with it. the anticipation of the sun rising bringing with it a new day. sunset was nice too but there was a cool stillness to sunrises that was missing later in the day. she sat up slowly gently pulling herself up"if we are going to stay here lets get you comfortable. so i am not slowly pushing you off the chair or lying ontop of you" she said. she wanted to be comfortable with him which didn't mean that she wanted him to be discomforted at all by her there. once he seemed more comfortable she kissed him again her arms around him reaching up into his hair. he had seemed to like it last time she had done that. yes she may nit have been paying attention to the sunrise but the bench was apparently designed for catching the afternoon sun it didn't matter as the new day lightened around her she had something better taking her attention.

Godmod Approved.

As they sat enjoying the rising of the morning sun and each other, Thackery felt something he hadn't felt ever. Yes, it was love, but he felt that love for his mom. It was a different kind of love, but still love. No, this feeling was new, it made him feel full. It made him feel whole, and he'll admit it so to liking this new feeling. He smiled with Selene in his arms, her fingers graze through his hair. He could die right now, and he'd die a happy man. Yes sir, a happy man indeed. The newly found whole man held onto his beauty until their bellies couldn't take no more of them not eating. Eventually they would go on with their day as normal but with each other in mind. And that would continue as days turned into weeks, weeks into months and eventually they were living together. Thackery didn't know how that happened, it just did. It happened, and things for them just got ten times better, Thackery couldn't ask for more. Everything for them just seems to fit perfect like a puzzle, he loved every bit of it.

it was almost scary how easy life changed. one minute she was curled up on the swing seat with Thackery arms wrapped around each other watching the sunrise. then without notice, it was two months later, and they had somehow fallen into life together.
they had moved in together after only two weeks. though that was more the official date of those fourteen days they had only spent two nights apart and both times she had been in new zealand, one with sophie and her baby. and the other working at the inner eye.
Life had taken on a rhythm. days when she wasn't in new zealand were spent together in the book of shadows some days they were both working other days she claimed the counter as her desk and spent it studying reading American history, geography, maths and science as she continued crammming muggle highschool into a one semester bridging course. their evenings were spent talking about their past, their future their hopes and dreams. or just sitting on the couch doing their own thing content with each others company in silence with the occasional interruption as she read out an interesting fact. nights were also spent together, lives of two people so closely entwined it was hard to know whos limb was who but it didn't matter so long as they were both as comfortable and fulfilled as they could be. If anyone thought they were moving too fast no one said anything. maybe it was because if you took one look at them you knew that this was for the long haul. or maybe it was just because the women in her family knew that if you found love and were lucky enough that it was recipricated you held on to it.
I was now mid december and they were getting ready for christmas. her first actual christmas to be held a month after her first thanksgiving. this last month filled with so many firsts. they were getting a tree tomorrow but today they were putting up decorations. she was returning from a trip to the shops a bag in each hand. she paused at the letter box collecting the post and slipping it in one of the bags before heading inside. the house smelled amazing a mixture of cinimon and ginger and other spices from her baking earlier in the day overlaced with whatever he was making for dinner. "I'm back. i got the fairy lights, and tinsel and a wreth for the door" she said puttin her arms around him from behind and kissing the back of his neck.. it was funny how even though it was christmas there were still aspects of it that felt like yule. "Oh and there was some post" she said pulling the envelopes out of the bag and putting them onto the table not noticing that one of them in heavy official looking paper was addressed to her

Thackery dropped whatever he was doing to turn to face the most beautiful, mysteriously enchanted witch he ever did laid eyes on. "You think you can kiss me like that darling and me not react to it?" Thackery firmly gripped her lower back in, his arms snaked around snuggly as he bestowed a kiss upon her cherry lips. "That won't fly with me, no ma'am," he teased his beauty, content in her present. Thackery wish not to let her go, but a minute away from what he was cooking up and it'll be a goner dish. However, he locked eyes on Selene and eventually cast his gaze over the bags and letters. "Pardon me love, I need to check if any of those are for Gwen or mama," Thackery side stepped over his lovely. He was in charge of everything, and he meant everything that goes around here. They didn't often get muggle post but when it arrived, it's often from Mr. DeNiro, Gwen's estrange husband, or mama's family sending nothing but hell through the mail. Both toxic, and only ever good for but to feed the flames in the fireplace. "Hmmm, what's this?" Thackery happened to see the official mail addressed to Le Fey, his Ley Fey. "Selene, it's for you darling."

it had only been a light kiss on the back of his neck but it had been enough to draw a Selene could feel sparks exploding across her body as Thackery held her all converging a the point where their lips touched. how had she lived without this? "of course not. but it was all too tempting and i didn't want to distract you,,, too much" she said as he turned around and pulled her close and they held each other. at least until he stepped away. she let her fingers linger on his arm for a moment longer than necessary before moving to continue to stir what he was cooking as hi checked the post. she didn't think much of it, most of the time he just burned the letters. she looked around at the sound of surprise in his voice. he was holding an envelope a thick good quality one that looked like it was holding a wad of papers. she took it and just looked at it recognising bu not quite believing the crest on the top corner. she slowly opened the letter hardly breathing as she did. and pulled out the paper before unfolding it. "Dear miss Le Fey, we would like to thank you for your application to study with us" she read out loud before her eyes skimmed down the page. a moment later her face brke into a huge grin and she flung her arms around thackery. almost jumping in excitement. it wasny her first choice of university, but it was her first letter back. and her first acceptance. "I got in" she said although it was somewhat unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back