OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Jasper wasn't entirely sure why he had gone to the Valentine's dance. A sense of curiosity, maybe? He knew it would be all pink and red and lovey-dovey, but he hoped there would be some good food at least. He also hoped to run into some friends so they could make fun of the event together. He hadn't dared to take any prank items with him this time, not after professor Pendleton had caught him last time. He would plan some epic prank for a future Valentine's dance. Something to shake up this boring event. But he would lay low for a while first so he would be more likely to get away with it. Also, he needed a plan. Jasper was wearing the same suit as he had for the yule ball, and made a beeline to the nearest snacks. He noticed how the tables were half hidden behind silk drapes, and he wondered why that was. It would make for a good hiding place for hide and seek, but he doubted that had been what the headmistress intended. He grabbed a cookie and crammed it in his mouth while looking around for anyone he knew.

Jasper wasn't interested in the dance. Not even a little. But his mother insisted. You need to socialize more Jasper. You can't study all the time, Jasper He rolled his eyes as he saw the decorations. Of course. How tacky. He'd have to find Amaya later and tell her happy birthday. But something else actually caught his interest first. He sauntered up to the other boy, hands in his pockets. "You do not look suspicious at all," he teased lightly.

Jasper spotted the other Jasper approaching him, which he had a bit of a mixed feeling about. They'd had a rivalry going on, or so Jasper had thought. But recently the other Jasper had made it sound like he wanted to be friends. Jasper wasn't sure if he believed that, or if it was some elaborate scheme to make him look bad. After Blake and Tyler humiliated and betrayed him, Jasper was a bit wary. But it wouldn't hurt to talk to him. He grinned innocently. "What do you mean? Just eating." He said to the other boy. Then he spotted a familiar figure walking past in a red dress. Nell! They hadn't talked in ages, and Jasper was glad to see someone else he liked. He was also curious about her take on the other Jasper. Nell was supposed to be smart, right? Maybe she had some insights. "Nell, hey!" He called, waving her over.

Nell loved school dances. There was something special and magical about seeing all her classmates dressed up fancy and having a great time. She didn't really feel like Valentines was for her, especially, but it was still nice to see so many people so happy and lovey dovey, and Nell was sure she'd start feeling that way someday. For now it was nice to just have a reason to get dressed up and dance around. Nell wanted to be a part of everything she could at Hogwarts, and school dances were no exception.

She was looking around for friends when she heard her own name, smiling in excitement when she saw who had called to her. "Hi Jasper!" Nell said happily, making her way over to the Slytherin. She hadn't seen him in a while, and though he was annoying sometimes, Nell was glad to catch up with him. "Are you having fun at the dance?" She asked before noticing Jasper had been talking to someone else as well. "Oh, who's this?"

Selene made her way to the great hall. there was another dance on tonight and she wasn't realy that enthused about it. valentines day. what was that to her. last year it had been fun as she had spent the day delivering roses to people and had actually received a few herself. but the whole love thing was not something she felt necessary to dedicate a day to. it just made others upset. she entered the hall and looked around to see if she could see anyone familiar. she wandered over to the food take and reached for a red velvet cupcake when she saw a group of people she knew. "Nell, Jasper, Jasper, you all look great" she said. smiling glad she had found at least one friend. Jasper tended to annoy her a bit as he always seemed to want to get into trouble. especially with dung bombs and he wanted to drag her into it. She had never spoken to the other Jasper before but recognised him from class. "how are your evenings going so far?" she asked wondering what exciting was going on at the dance.

Jasper was glad when Nell joined them, and he gave her a grin. It had been a while since they had talked, but Nell was mostly pretty cool. They argued sometimes, but it was usually pretty fun in a weird way. "I'm having fun eating snacks, the dance is lame." He told her. "This is Jasper two, my clone." He joked, as they really looked nothing alike. Jasper's grin fell a bit as Selene joined them. He realized she knew Nell too as they were roommates, but her presence reminded him of how he got caught trying to do something fun at the yule ball. He couldn't quite resist mentioning it and teasing her a bit. "Hey Selene, bring Professor Pendleton as your date again?" He asked her, pretending to look behind her for the potions professor.

Jasper opened his mouth to reply, but before he knew what was happening they were surrounded by people. He furrowed his brow and took a step back. "Sure. Your clone." He mumbled, shuffling his feet. He was never very good in situations like these. "Hello Selene," He greeted her in return, putting his hands in his pockets before taking them out again and picking up a drink. That was less awkward, wasn't it? He wouldn't really know. He was never very good at these things. He looked between all the people that were here now. "So... how is everyone?" He asked lamely.

Nell's smile only brightened as one of her roommates approached, and she bounced a little in happiness. "Hi Selene!" Nell said brightly, pleased to have run into so many friends, though her smile soured a little at Jasper's comment. "Ew, Selene wouldn't bring a teacher, don't be gross!" She reprimanded, giving him a look. Jasper was fun to be around, but he was quickly reminding Nell how frustrating he could be too. She giggled a little at his introduction of the other boy, shaking her head. "He's not your clone, what's your real name?" She asked the boy, trying to be nice.

Selene was glad that at least one of the group was happy to see her. if they had all reacted like Jasper pulling a face she would have just walked away and found someone else. she smiled at nell glad that she had a friend. she listened as Jasper called the other Jasper his clone. she knew what heli would say to a comment like that. her twin a lot more rumbustious than her would say you mean version two, the better edition. but she was not heli. instead, she just let the conversation progress as she took a large mouthful of the cupcake. unfortunately, this progression moved onto her as Jasper asked if she had brought professor Pendleton. she didn't have time to reply before nell stood up for her. once again what heli would say came into her head before her reply. this time she decided to say it. "I thought he was with you." she said holding her hand up to her mouth as there was still some cake in it. she wasn't sure what to say with nells comment. she had spent a lot of time with her mum who was one of the professors. she hoped that she was seen as one of the cool ones or one of the nice ones but she knew none of her friends would have had her for class yet so probably didn't have an opinion on her. "The only teacher I would bring anywhere would be my mum" she said. looking around and seeing professor le fey on the other side of the room on her own keeping a watchful eye on things. and she realised that they matched colourwise. both dressed in mainly black but with a little bit of red, in her case her belt and in her mums case her tights. that hadn't been intentional. "I only just got here. but the cupcakes are good" she said picking up another one and a glass of punch.

Jasper snorted as Selene replied to the other Jasper snarkily. Nell didn't seem to believe his name was his name, so he just shrugged. "My name is actually Jasper." He told her. "I am in Gryffindor while he is in Slytherin." He pointed out before turning to Selene again. "The cupcakes are good? Which one did you get? I was thinking of one myself." He gave her a small smile before looking to the other Jasper. "Do you want a cupcake too while I am there?" He realized halfway through his sentence that it would be polite to offer one to Nell as well, so he just shifted his gaze to her to include her in his question.

Jasper could tell the other Jasper was a bit uneasy with all the people around, and while he felt bad for the boy, he felt a bit superior too. It was clear that he was the more popular one out of the two of them. But then Nell commented on what he said, twice, and he had to defend himself. "Well last time I was with Selene at a party Professor Pendleton showed up just as I was about to do something fun, got in trouble for it too. Not sure if it was a coincidence." He said with a shrug. "And he IS my clone, he's Jasper too!" He was a bit annoyed that Nell didn't believe him, not even after Selene had greeted him as Jasper. Jasper frowned at Selene. "Funny." He muttered. "And I didn't know your mum was a teacher, which one is she?" He probably should know this, but Jasper wasn't very good at paying attention to things. Jasper was distracted as the other Jasper offered to get him a cupcake. "Oh, yes! The biggest one!" He said with a grin.

Nell didn't really know what to say about the conversation about Professor Pendleton, just taking the story in quietly. It was interesting to hear about, and Nell kind of wished she had been there to see it first hand, but it was too late now. She was pretty sure she had already known about Selene's mum being a teacher, but couldn't remember off the top of her head which subject, so she commented instead. "It must be so weird having your mum around all the time at school. Is it nice, or is it kind of like you're always being watched?" She asked curiously. Nell's jaw dropped slightly when the other boy confirmed that his name was, in fact, Jasper. "Really? That's so confusing!" She said, looking between them. "Do you have a nickname or something?" She asked, trying to figure out what she was going to call this new, different Jasper. She smiled when he offered to get her a cupcake, nodding quickly. "Yes please!"

Selene listened as jasper explained what had happened at the Yule ball. shaking her head slightly as if disagreeing with his statements. "Professor Pendleton caught him after he put dungbombs in the punch. so if yo u thought it tasted weird it was jasper" she said cottecting there was no just about to in it. the stink pellets did get well and truly deposited in the punch. "and he tried to use me as a coverup thinking that no one would suspect him of anything if he was with me" she said or that was how she had interpreted the situation. She was glad when the topic turned to cupcakes. "I had a red velvet one" she answered that had been the one that had caught her eye. but she must admit the one that looked like chocolate with raspberries on the top looked delicious too.
She wasn't surprised that Jasper didn't know her mum was a professor. she didn't wants to draw too much attention to it as she had a feeling she would get teased for it. not that it was hard to guess they were related. they did look very similar. with pale skin, dark hair and their distinguishing feature odd eyes, hers one violet and one silver grey and her mums one violet and one green. Selene gestured towards her. "She only started back this year. she teaches divination so she is usually in the tower or in the shop." she said explaining how he didn't know of her. "it doesn't make much difference where she is. she will see me if she wants to. and if she wants to she will see what I am doing before I even think about doing it" she said. this was only actually true in some cases, less often than Selene would have expected. as most of the time, their mum had seen what they were up to Elvera had only needed mum skills, not seer ability. actually I might get another cupcake ill come and give you a hand carrying them. she said the following jasper towards the table hoping that by the time she returned the thought of questions had decreased.

Jasper listened as Nell talked a bit to Selene about her mother, then laughed a bit as she seemed surprised that Jasper's name really was Jasper too. "His nickname is Jasper two." He said innocently, unable to resist a little teasing. But then Selene spoke, and Jasper immediately felt the need to defend his honor. "Stink pellets, not dungbombs." He said, pointing at her. "And excuse you, I was just being friendly and talking to you." Strictly speaking she was right about his motivations, but he wasn't going to admit that. "And it would have been a lot of fun if Professor Pendleton hadn't ruined it." He added. Selene talked a bit more about her mother the professor, then followed the other Jasper to get cupcakes. As her back was turned, Jasper stuck out his tongue at her. Why did she have to say all that about him?

Jasper listened to the others as they talked. Of course, the other Jasper had done something at the Yule Ball. It didn't surprise him that Pendleton had caught him, either. He remembered the cupcakes and walked over to the snack table to collect them. "Do not worry about him," He told Selene softly once they were at the table. "You said your name was Selene? If I am right, and I usually am, you do not need him because Kira adores you. She is my cousins best friend." He explained, picking up the biggest chocolate cupcake before selecting a red velvet one for himself. "She talks about how smart you are sometimes. I think she is bragging." He shrugged but dropped the subject as they returned to the others. "Here, green." He offered the other boy his cupcake. "Ignore what he said about me being Jasper two." He told Nell. "I am Jasper Red. He is Jasper Green because he is green with envy." He teased back, giving the other boy a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back