Just Flying

Kale watched as Sophia once more sucessfully avoided the bludgers path, his eyes followed hers and the bludgers path as she flew beside him. With the bludger spiraling back toward them, he swung the bat back and hit it forcefully; it nearly throwing him back at the speed of the bludger meeting the solid bat. He watched as it flew back toward the opposite side of the pitch, Kale looked at Sophia with a smirk, "You wanna try?" he inquired, "Just for fun?"

"Me?" Sophia asked in confusion. "I am afraid I would embarrass myself if I tried. In case you have not noticed I am not exactly what you would call strong." She held out her left arm, which was thin like the rest of her delicate frame.

Kale gave Sophia an encouraging smile, "Yes you!" he laughed while giving her a look, "I mean really it's pr--" SMACK! Without even looking in the bludgers direction as it came barreling toward them he absentmindedly swung back and hit it to the opposite direction of the pitch and continuted. "C'mon Sophia!" Kale cheered swinging his bat around curious to whether or not she'd give in and give it a try.

Sophia stared skeptically at Kale as he smacked the bludger, and continued as he cheered her. She gave a small sigh of defeat and held out her left hand. "All right then. But no laughing," she said very seriously.

Kale smiled at Sophia and held out the beaters bat, "I promise." he said sincerely and moved to the side to dodge the bludger coming right back at them. "Remember, hold the bat firmly like your broom and swing hard, it's as easy as that! If you feel that you're going to miss...duck!" Kale called out for a word of advice, while backing away from Sophia so she had enough room to swing and do whatever she felt was necessary to hit the bludger.

Sophia took the bat and tried not to let her face show just how heavy she found it. And I am supposed to swing this? Looking up her eyes locked with the bludger that was coming toward her. She pulled her arm back as far as it would go and swung with all of her might, which was not very much. The bat made contact with the bludger and it changed directions, now moving away from her, but at a much slower rate than it was going.

Sophia had not quite enjoyed hitting the bludger and quickly gave the bat back to Kale, immediately reaching up and rubbing her shoulder with her right hand. "I am glad to be a Keeper, that was quite difficult."

Kale watched suspensfully as the bludger made it's way back toward Sophia, it practically aware that someone new was holding the bat. As she hit the bludger his eyes followed it closesly and he grabbed the bat as she quickly insisted to give it back, Kale smiled, "That was good for a first try." he said, his tone almost impressed. "It just takes some getting used to." Kale nodded, agreeing with Sophia's comment.

"Thank you, I suppose. Perhaps I will try and build up my strength." Sophia thought about this for a few moments after she said it, her expression morphing to one of confusion,. "How exactly does one build up one's strength?"

Kale shrugged while cocking his head to the side, "Physical activity?" he answered her question while wiping another single droplet of sweat off of his brow. "Lifting heavy things on bars is what I heard muggles do to get stronger arms or whatever.." Kale said with a skeptical look upon his face.

"'Working out' is definitely not my specialty." Kale added while bringing up his shirt sleeve to reveal his scrawny arm. Though his arm was nothing special, there was a sign of potential muscle that could only have been from lugging around his bat, broom and smacking the bludgers around during quidditch.

"Lifting bars? That sounds quite odd. Perhaps I will ask Bruin. I suppose you just swing your bat around a lot?" Sophia looked quizzically at Kale, smirking slightly.

Kale pulled his sleeve back down. "Yeah, I guess they put heavier pieces of steel or something on each side and lift the bar. I'm not completely sure." Kale shrugged, he wished that he could be more help but didn't have a clue about that particular part of muggle customs. He sat there for a moment on his broom, tapping his opposite hand with the bat, "Hey! If you would like to increase your arm stregnth, you can try to get a hold of a bat and we can practice hitting the bludgers around." Kale suggested with a small smile, "I mean, if you wanted to and all.." Kale said while smacking the incoming bludger with full force and looking over at Sophia.

"That is an excellent idea Kale. I will go obtain a bat. Thank you." Sophia flew down to the ground and dismounted her broom. She picked up her bag and left the Pitch, heading toward the castle.

"Ohh, er, Okay." Kale said with an arched brow, he wasn't expecting her to get up and leave right then and there. "Well, see you soon Sophia." he said smirking slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back