Just Flying

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia stepped up the edge of the pitch with her Emerald Streak under her arm and looked around. It was a bright and beautiful morning; the sky was clear, the breeze was gentle, it was perfect for a fly around the pitch and she was going to take advantage of it. She set her broom on the ground and pulled her long black hair back into a ponytail, something she was beginning to do more often now.

With a slight sigh Sophia cracked a rare hint of a smile and picked up her Streak. She mounted the broom and zoomed off at a high speed toward the center of the pitch. The feeling of the wind against her slightly tanned cheeks was spectacular and Sophia closed her eyes, reveling in the rush she got as she took a sharp left turn and headed toward that side of the pitch.

Kale walked out toward the pitch with his Sienna storm, his pack full of golf balls and his bat, in hopes of getting in some extra flying practice. It was a cool afternoon which told him that fall was on it's way, his favorite time of the year. Kale looked up into the sky, able to see someone else taking advatage of the great weather. Mounting his broom and kicking off the green grass, he flew toward them hoping to get a better glimpse of who it was, only to see Sophia. Kale made his way closer to her once he realized who it was and stopped, "Hey Sophia!" Kale called out to her. He hadn't seen her around much since her and Ford's relationship got all weird, "How have you been?" he inquired while circling around her slowly.

Sophia was pulled from her reverie as she heard someone calling her name. Opening her eyes she made a quick turn around to see Kale flying around her. "Oh, hello Kale. I have been all right, and you?"

She did not entirely like Kale circling her as he was, so she flew out from his circle and went around to the other side of him.

Kale hovered slowly on his broom, ceasing the circling around Sophia when she moved to his side, "Sorry.." he said and replied with a small smile, "I've been good." for once he actually meant it, things with school, Estrella and quidditch seemed to be going well. So far, at least.

"You're trying for the house team, am I correct?" he inquired

Sophia was relieved when Kale stopped circling an also stopped to hover on her broom. "Of course, I plan on trying out for Keeper. It is what I played on the Valkyries, and I quite enjoy it. I only hope Ford will not hold our personal issues against me when choosing the team.

"I assume you are trying out as well?" Sophia's voice was not entirely cold, but it was also not warm and inviting. She was glad Kale was speaking to her, quite relieved to see that he was not alienating her.

"Nah, that's not like Ford to put personal issues in front of his decision. I doubt he would ever do that. Plus, you're a great Keeper." Kale commented sincerely while spinning around on his broomstick. "Yep, I'm trying out as well. As Beater of course." he said with dignityrevealing a small smile.

"You wanna practice, Sophia?" Kale inquired looking down to the broomshed.

Sophia smiled ever so slightly at Kale's comment about Ford. Yes, that is true. But she decided not to comment.

When Kale mentioned practicing her small smile turned into a smirk. "But of course. How will this work though, your being a Beater and me a Keeper?"

Kale scratched his chin and furrowed his brow; deep in thought, "Actually...that's a good question, Sophia." he said stupidly. "We could make something up...I don't know exactly what though!" Kale admitted and shrugged his shoulders, thinking.

"Well, if you have a bat and a bludger, you could hit bludgers at me while I dodge them. Or if we have a quaffle you could attempt t score goals. Who knows, you could end up being a backup Chaser for us.

"Unless you have any better ideas?" Sophia seemed in a relatively good mood. Her voice contained no coldness and her expression was light.

"Sophia, you're a genius!" Kale exclaimed goofily. At that, he swooped back down toward the grass and jumped off his broom and walked quickly toward the equipment shed. The latch was already unlocked so he carefully opened the wooden shed door and grabbed the box that held a bludger and another that simply held a quaffle.

(I'll let you RP whether you follow or not so I don't godmod. :p)

[Why thank you Oleg. So thoughtful.]

Sophia smirked at Kale's reaction. She watched him for a few moments as he descended, considering whether or not to follow him. Very suddenly she decided to follow and made a sharp dive toward the ground. At the very last moment Sophia pulled up level and came to an abrupt stop. Smirking proudly she stepped off of her broom and walked to the shed where Kale was.

"Find anything?" she asked from outside the shed.

Kale was digging through the shed as he poked his head out to check on Sophia, he watched as she swooped down strategically and touched the ground. Cool. he thought, smirking.

Kale looked to Sophia, "Yes. I found both a quaffle and a bludger." he said replying to Sohpia's question. "Would you like to practice blocking goals first?" Kale asked casually.

"Sounds good to me." Sophia gave a slight nod and walked back over to her Emerald Streak. After mounting the broom she ascended to the level of the goal posts and began to fly around them, waiting for Kale.

Kale removed the quaffle out from its box and put it under his arm as he walked back over to his broom, he mounted it and kicked off the ground and back into the air. He kept a good eye of Sophia, Kale moved from one side to another on his broom, zigzagging at a high speed, where he then threw the quaffle, in hopes that he had caught Sophia off guard.

Although Sophia appeared to be paying no mind to Kale she was keeping him in her sights as she flew about in a seemingly idle manner. It was her personal belief that one must always be prepared and never let one's guard down, which is why she had so much trouble trusting anyone.

She continued her charade as Kale came at her, anticipating his moves in her head. When the quaffle was thrown she turned quickly, dashing to catch it with ease. Coming up to level so that she was staring at Kale she smirked and threw the quaffle back to him.

"I guess it is a good thing you are a Beater."

"Chaser has never been my position. I like having a bat in my hand." Kale exclaimed while catching the quaffle that Sophia threw back to him. At that, he took a lap around the pitch holding the quaffle under his arm, he was a couple of yards away from Sophia as he chucked the quaffle a second time directly toward the goal in her opposite direction. Kale observed with a smirk on his face, watching if she would jet toward the quaffle and and catch it before it went into the hoop.

Sophia watched Kale as he flew away, staying on edge. With her excellent reflexed she easily caught the quaffle, even after changing her direction and dashing off toward the opposite hoop.

"That was much better. Would you like to try some more, or would you rather get a bat in your hand?"

Kale bit his lip and smirked, "One more time..." he said while catching the quaffle, Kale never took losing well. Kale threw the quaffle toward the highest hoop, letting out a loud grunt in the process. "Nevermind. Chaser is not my forte." he exclaimed defeated, "You're a great Keeper, Sophia. Ford would be crazy not to pick you for the house team." Kale called out while heading back down to pick up his bat and release the bludger.

Sophia easily darted off and caught the quaffle. She was unable to stop herself from laughing slightly at Kale's grunt. "Thank you Kale," she said proudly and followed him down to the ground.

Coming to hover slightly above the ground Sophia dropped the quaffle and zoomed back up to the goal posts.

Kale jumped off of his broom and walked toward the chest that was holding two bludgers. Looking around he made sure the pitch was safe to open the chest, Kale called out to Sophia, "Heads up!! Or...down, in your case!" he laughed at his wittiness and let the strap loose; the bludger bolted into the sky.

Quickly Kale grabbed his bat and hopped back onto his broom a third time. Once in the air he scoped the pitch searching for where the bludger was.

Sophia watched as the bludger was released, intent on keeping her eye on it. She was not about to get let herself get injured. The bludger headed right for her and she easily evaded it by tilting to the left just a slight bit. The bludger seemed to sense Kale's resurfacing and began to head toward him.

[I am not entirely sure how to RP for bludgers...]

Kale watched from afar as Sophia easily dodged the incoming bludger. Seconds later it was coming right back his way, grabbing a firmer grip of his bat he prepared to swing. WHACK! Kale hit the bludger with full body force and it went spiraling back toward Sophia's direction. He watched to see what Sophia would do to avoid the bludger or if he would have to go in pursuit after it if it changed direction.

(I guess it's up to whether you dodge them or not?)

Sophia focused her eyes on the bludger and held her ground for a bit. The bludger was barreling toward her but she was not moving. At the last second Sophia did a barrel roll to the left, the bludger just missing the end of her broom.

When Sophia came back to level again she smirked. She very much enjoyed the rush of adrenaline she got from her dodge. The bludger had not redirected and was heading back to Kale.

Kale watched as Sophia dodged the bludger and smirked, "GO SOPHIA!" he called out cheering her on and punching the air. As the bludger came barreling back in his direction it shot right passed him, he went in full pursuit after the nasty bugger. Kale caught up with the bluger after a split second, firmly gripped his bat and back handed the bludger agressively, letting out yet another loud grunt. He could feel sweat dripping down his brow, the sun was beaming down, Kale watched as the bludger zigzagged back to Sophia's direction quicker than before. Wiping the droplet of sweat dripping down his face with his hand, Kale circled the pitch and watched what Sophia would do next.

Sophia watched Kale chase the bludger, holding back a smile. She had to admit he was rather good. At least he was on her team this time. Now the bludger was headed for her, faster and on a less direct path. Sophia kept her golden eyes locked on the bludger, adjusting ever so slightly with it as it moved. Anticipating its moves she stood her ground and dropped as it reached her position, the bludger moving swiftly over her head.

With a smirk Sophia watched as the bludger continued on its path for a while. She flew over to Kale and stopped to hover beside him. Upon turning around she saw that the bludger was headed back their way. "I will let you handle this," she said calmly, shifting away from him a tad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back