Just Can't

Larissa was puzzled that Professor Merrythought was laughing.
"Well, er.. Maybe you should go to the hospital wing.." She said, eyeing up the Professor's wrist, "I don't know any muggle healing.. I don't even know healing spells." Larissa tried a sypathetic smile.
"Libby..?" She asked, wondering what Libby was like with muggle medicine, "Do you know how to tell if wrists are broken?"

Libby came back to reality again when she heard her name. "Oh, er." she moved over slowly. "Can you move it at all?" she asked her. If it was broken it would be too painful to move at all. If she managed it would just be sprained.

"No, I can't" she said, holding it tightly. "Don't make me go to the Hospital Wing, dear god no" she said, she thought they were a bit dodgy and tried to avoid it at all costs. "I'm sure it'll be fine, iv probably just sprained it" she sighed. "Thank you for helping, what are your names?" she asked politely.

She sighed herself. If she didn't want to go to the hospital wing there was nothing she could do for certain. She'd done what she could. "I'm Libby" she said simply before doing back into the darkness. She knew who she was. She'd seen her around the school.

"Larissa Sedgwick," Larissa said, looking closer at Professor Merrythought's wrist as though as she'd never seen one before, "And I think you should at least tell a nurse what you've done- They have very quick healing spells." She gave, what she hoped to be , a comforting smile.

"Well maybe I should give them a shot as soon as I can" she said, covering back up with her sleeve. "Well, as you probably I'm Professor Merrythought, teacher of astronomy" she said, standing back up. "So erm, I see you are all down here, whats up?" she asked, sitting back down over near the other girls.

Libby sighed. There would be no way of being able to go back into a sulk here. "Nothing much. Talking about work mostly" she said from the shadows. At least her voice didn't show how she felt.

"Are you sure?" she asked, she knew something was up, the atmosphere didn't seem right. "You do know, that you can talk to me about anything" she said, she never used to go the professor when she was younger, she felt intimidated by them, but she soon got to know them. Being down in the dungeons, bought back childhood memories of being chased by the care taker through the corridors and running down here to hide. "Good times, good times" she thought to herself.

Larissa smiled slightly.
"I think I've failed Transfiguration- I don't care much about Potions but I suppose it would help if my future husband's a we-" Larissa broke off and held her mouth tightly shut.

"I'm not saying he will be- I don't know who I'll marry..." Larissa was panicking. She had nearly given away a dark secret.

Hoshi came back to live from behind them. She had hung back because she didn't want to get in the professor's line of view but since the other's where being so nice to her she thought why not. "Hoshi Koshiba." She said brightly. She was sure the teacher had heard of her from time to time. The bright side being she had yet to prank the Astronomy Tower. "No one knows who they are going to marry Lissy. I barly know if I want a boyfriend at this age." She said with a shrug of her shoulders.

Larissa smiled.
In her mind for some time she had been thinking about Robert and the future... You're only 12! She'd tell herself, You'll probably break up.

At the idea of marrage, Libby's heart sank again. It was the lest she could do now just to get her boyfriend to talk to her, although she understood what it must be like for him right now, and knew she would have to wait patiently for his return. When Larissa cut off, she tried hard to work out what she meant by "we-"

"Hello there Hoshi" she smiled. "Marriage, my fiancee got killed on the day before we were supposed to" she stammered, she hated talking about it, a little tear ran down her eye, she loved him so much, but it was quite obviously never meant to be in her eyes.

Larissa blushed. It looked as though she'd upset 2 people. Well done, she told herself, Keep this up and you might have a new record..
Larissa sighed. She flicked her hair from her face. She was still 'glowing'.
Framed against the darkness, Larissa looked almost like an angel.

She took out a handkerchief and wiped her eyes. "Anyhow, what's the matter with you, dear?" she asked, shuffling next to Liberty "do you want a tissue?" she asked, taking one out from her pocket, for some reason she always carried them around, she was never quite sure why.

(yay 2000 posts XD)

Libby shook her head, keeping it low. "No thanks. I'm fine now" she said, giving Hoshi a grateful smile. "I'm sorry to hear about your fiancee" she mentioned, hoping not to set her off again but just let her know she was there and listening.

"Thank you, but I think we should all know, that the past doesn't get you anywhere, you can change it and you can't alter it, but you can change the future" she smiled, something Levi once told her, it bought a smile to her face, knowing that although he may not still be with her physically, he was in her hearth, and that's all that mattered to Aurora.

Libby smiled, trying to catch onto as much as she could even though she hadn't really understood what she'd just said. Something about the future anyway (lol). "I..i was just, missing someone" she said weakly.

"Ah right, what do you hope to gain from sitting here? When you can be trying to find the person you are missing?" she asked, a little confused by the whole situation, but she would go through with it, after all she was only twenty two and understood what's going on in the gossip of the school.

Libby looked up and gave her a small look of no, just no.. "I can't he's left the school!" she blurted out, a little more forcfully than she knew she should have. "I haven't seen him for a month? What am i meant to do? Wait for him? When he may never come back at all? Or move on?" her eyes were now wide.

"Look dear, I know you don't want to forget about him, but have to stay strong, for your friends here, and just remember that tomorrow is a new day, I'm sure he's missing you to, what would he do if he saw you like this, eh?" she stated, trying to help her, she hated seeing people like this, it made her want to cry herself. "Life is full of surprises and some them arn't nice, but theres nothing we can do about the past, we have to be positive about the future" she added.

Libby looked to the floor. "I know, and i'm trying." Her eyes were filled with honest desperation. She just gave a little nod and tried to think of something else. "The future yeah. But's that's half the problem isn't it" she added quietly, before heading quickly to the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back