Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Swishy Acacia Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Yellow rose, open after Clifton Ward

Emma had heard the next person was in Hufflepuff, and related to Professor Ward. She skipped over to the Hufflepuff table and waved the yellow rose around. "Hello! I'm looking for Clifton Ward! Is he around!?" She called, scanning the Hufflepuff table hopefully. It would be easy if he was just here, so she didn't have to go chase him around the castle.

Today was frankly stressful, with all the roses running up and down the castle, and Clifton just didn't know what to do with himself. He was trying to eat as quickly as possible before heading up to his dorm to get ready for the dance, when the sound of his own name startled him so much he almost choked. Coughing and spluttering around a mouth of mashed potatoes, Clifton raised one hand, face red and eyes watering slightly.

Emma giggled at the sight of Clifton ward, who seemed to have been startled by her. She bounded over to him and cheerfully clapped him on the back, hoping it would help him with whatever he was choking on. "C'mon, you have to live long enough to see this rose!" She said brightly, placing it in front of him. "Happy Valentine's day!"

Happy Valentines day! Thanks for all the hard work you do on Accio.

Vader

The thump on the back was enough for Clifton to clear his throat, taking a few quick, heavy breaths to try and recover and wiping the tears from his eyes. "Thank you..." He croaked, picking up the note to see who it was from. He hadn't expected any roses today at all, and this was now his second somehow. He smiled warmly reading the card, wishing he had thought to send a card to Vader. The Gryffindor had taken a chance on him for Accio, and Clifton wanted to make sure he worked hard and didn't let the rest of the team down.

Emma grinned. "Is it fun working on Accio?" She asked the boy brightly, she hadn't really known who worked on the yearbook until she had read his note. "It seems boring to me." She added. "But I hope you like your rose!"

Clifton was surprised by the girl's followup question, answering before he had really considered it. "Er - yes..." He said quickly, before the thought really entered his brain. How on earth had she known he was on the paper? Did she just recognise him from a photo day, or...? Clifton glanced down at the note from Vader, then looked back up at the girl, the coincidence too much to keep him from asking. "Did you read this?" He blurted out quickly, staring at her, mystified.

Shoot, it seemed like Emma had revealed herself with her question. She wondered how likely it was that the guy would believe her if she said it had just been a coincidence, but then she grinned sheepishly instead. "Uh, maybe?" She said, blinking at him innocently. "Sorry."

Clifton stared at the girl in blank shock as she confessed what she had done. They weren't supposed to do that. Were they? Had some other kid laughed it up reading his pathetic note to Lily?! "I... don't think you're supposed to do that..." Was all Clifton could manage to croak out, eyes boggling slightly as he looked at the younger girl.

Emma shrugged at the boy's words. He seemed way too shocked, in her opinion. Emma was sure that everyone peeked at the notes, why else sign up, right? She gave him a bright smile. "I know, but you won't tell on me, riiiight?" She asked him, giving him a winning smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back