Jamin in Jamaica

Alex Cullen

Wand
Rowan Wood 12"1/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
The sun shined bright in the sky, it was only a couple of hours past dawn but it was already sweltering with the heat of the day. Alex had been since dawn, getting the house cleaned and shopping done. He loved his new life out of school. Plus the fact he was the eye of all the locals. Always speaking to them, helping them out with their jobs and giving their kids some time over at his little house. Wasn't big. Just a small one bedroomed house. But he loved it. There was so much character in it.
And now, he had the whole island for himself. Sitting on the porch, he slid on his trainers, tying them up. He was going to run today. The furthest he had ever run. He would camp under the stars tonight and head back here at the end of tomorrow. 30 miles of jogging today.
He hummed a silent tune to himself as he tied his laces, his thoughts surrounding his content mind like a friend.
Even the small breeze that made the leaves in the tree crinkle didn't bother him.
11723416_1dee99209c.jpg

Caysi was still in her house in New Zealand and she knew that she was going to visit her friend Alex today. She thought that he was in Jamaica, so that was her first apparation. Caysi put on her shoes and deicded that she was going to wear her tank top and her shorts because it was really hot there. Caysi felt the winds going all around her and now she was in Jamaica.

" Holy Cr@p, it's hot here." She said pulling her hair up. She was somewhere on an island, near some cute little random hut. She could see Alex on the front porch if you would call it. She looked at how her ring looked in the sun and smiled. She walked up to the hut very quietly. " Don't you sweat the living daylights out of yourself every day here?" She asked Alex with a smile.

Alex laughed as a familiar voice swirled in the wind. No, he didn't bother to look up and no, he didn't seem in the slightest bothered. In fact, he finished tying up his trainers, before standing up.
'Nope, it's nice and breezy here. And no need to carry a tent with you at these temperatures,' he replied softly to the wind, leaning over the window ledge into the room. He picked out his pre-made bag, filled with his dinner and breakfast and slung it across his back, a cheery smile on his face.
Straightening back up, he checked once over his house before sighing. 'I'm not by myself though am I? Or else, I wouldn't be talking to you,' he pointed out, his jerk side coming out a little. It was the truth though. All by himself. And though he hated to admit to it, she was right. He should be doing something with his life.
Running a hand through his now short brown hair, he glanced over in Caysi's direction, still not surprised. He frowned. 'Join me.' It was meant to be a question, but he had not bothered with it being one. Instead, he said it as a statement, an order in a way that was not compulsory at all. And with that, he started out as a slow jog. He would not be sprinting today. That would be ridiculous considering the amount of miles he had to acheive today. He would keep his thoughts at bay tis now and have a pleasant conversation with his overreactive imagination.

Caysi laughed. " No your not talking to yourself, I'm sure of it." Caysi noticed that Alex cut his hair. " Nice new do." She said. " Your right, it's actually not that bad here, nice and breezy." She added. " Alright, that sounds good." It was a good thing that Caysi did wear her runners today, she just knew that she would need them. " Why did you decide to come and live in Jamaica?" She asked catching up to him, when Caysi was younger she used to run miles on end, so it wouldn't be bad if she did run everyone once in a while to bring that back.

Alex felt the air defract around him as he continued running. He was glad Caysi managed to keep up with him. Though he was sure she wouldn't manage to run the whole way with him. Not many of the locals managed to even run half the way with him and this was Jamaica for crying out loud. Home to some of the world's best runners.
Alex let out a long sigh. 'Here? Well, I didn't really get much of a choice. No where else have as late entry competitions as here. I got in by the way. Not that many people managed to qualify for the sprint this year. Gold all the way, right?' he joked with himself, a smile on his face. That was only half the reason though.
Here, it was in the middle of nowhere. No memories whatsoever of his past life or his stupid mistakes in the past in New Zealand and America. Well, except for the car at his house, but that was different. He hardly used the thing. Only when he needed to. And in the summer, he preferred to run everywhere.
'The birds. Can you hear them?' he asked, the silence broken just then by a large squawking. That would probably be his neighbor's parrot messing with the dog again. His head shook at the stupidity of the poor parrot as he continued running. And without him realizing it, he was picking up his speed slowly but surely.

Caysi only struggled a bit to keep up with Alex, running was coming back to her. " Well, it really good that you got in." She smiled. " I actually came here to ask you something important." She told Alex after listening to what seemed to be the squaks of a parrot.

Alex looked up ahead. There was a view of the sea in the horizon. Now only 29 miles away. Yes, you guessed it. He was heading to the sea. The villagers had told him that there was a good shelter there to sleep in and if he was lucky, he could possible catch glances of the beautiful marine life there.
But he frowned as Caysi said it was something important. What could be important? He didn't think his imagination had anything important anymore. But maybe he had underestimated it yet again. He squeezed his eyes shut before opening them again. She was still there, running slightly behind him. Hmm, so his imagination had made it up then.
He gave her a grin. 'Well, what's so important that you came all the way out here to ask me?' he replied. 'If it's help you want, you know there is no need to ask Caysi. Your like my little sister,' he told her sincerely, not realizing he had called her his sister out loud. Ach well, like he cared. It's not as if the real Caysi would actually of heard that.

Caysi smiled and had to catch up with Alex, they were really close to the sea and it looked beautiful. Caysi looked at Alex. " You know that your like a brother to me, so you had to be one of the first people that I'm going to tell this too." She took a deep breath and looked at Alex. " I'm getting married... and the important question is.. would you like to be an usher at my wedding?" She asked Alex, she really hoped to everything that she believed in that he would say yes, he did mean a lot to Caysi.

Alex laughed. Boy, his imagination was over working today. Since when did he imagine his being an usher. Or even being asked that ever.
'Of course Caysi. I'd love to be at your -' Realization suddenly dawned on him. He froze, suddenly stopping. His face a mask of horror. He slapped his forehead, leaving his hand over it. He glanced still seeing her. She was still there. He hadn't made it up. Oh god. Everything he had done was not from his imagination.
'You're what?' he yelled at her. 'How - who - what?' he stuttered out. Not believing this. His lil' sis couldn't just get hurt by a freakin' idiot. Who ever this was was going to pay. How dare he bring this onto her. She had her whole life to live still. She would not in a million years be tied to down to this guy.
He took a deep breath, trying to calm down before looking back at Caysi. 'What do you mean you're getting married?' he quoted her, his voice demanding an answer right now. His hand ran through his hair, resting against the back of his neck, the cool seeping into him, helping him into his calmness state once more. This was so not happening.

" Oh dear.." Caysi thought to herself. She let Alex finish what he was saying, she didn't realize that he was going to be upset over this. She did understand that he was so protective of her. " I'm getting married." She said quietly stopping with Alex, she didn't realize what few words would do to him. Caysi took a few steps back, she was a bit scared of his reaction. " His names Jason Cordwell." She said softly. Caysi rubbed her neck, she didn't know what to do. " I mean, that I'm getting married." She said directly, what was there that wasn't to get?

Alex frowned. Trying to gather in all this information was difficult. Well, for him anyway. He had already seen one of his friends get married and now, another one was. Why did everyone grow up so fast? he looked as Caysi moved back. poop. He had scared her with his stupid outburst. Why did he manage to scare everyone he knew off? Stupid idiot Cullen. Look what you did now.
He sighed. 'Jason?' he asked, his voice a lot quieter. He left it at that question. Take it nice and slow, Cullen. And don't you dare shout at her again. 'I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to eh shout at you by the way,' he replied, bitting his lip.
He turned back to the sea once more, intent on running off again but he could only manage a slow walk at this moment in time.

Caysi didn't have a smile on her face like she usually did, she knew that she'd upset Alex. " Mhm, his names Jason Cordwell." She replied quietly and softly. " It's alright, I didn't mean to throw the news at you like that." She said scratching the back of her neck. Caysi didn't know whether to catch up with Alex or to stay standing there like a fool. Caysi caught up to Alex, slowly walking, but not saying a word. Caysi was upset to see Alex get like that, and didn't really have any words to say to him.

Alex smiled. Jason..Jason. Hmm. He needed to meet this guy, definetely before the wedding. And if she didn't let him, he'd find him. Wether she liked it or not, he'd meet him. 'Jason,' he mused to himself before glancing at Caysi.
'Jason?' he asked again before laughing. 'Jason?' he asked again. He was trying to annoy her. He winked at her before his moment of madness let him realized once again he was happy as larry again. 'Come on, why are you slacking? You know I'm aiming for gold this summer,' he scolded her playfully, starting to jog at a much faster pace this time. He had to make the time he had just lost, up somehow.
As he was running, he thought of some questions in a way to trick her. The quick questions. 'So, tell me. Do you love him?' he asked before throwing the next one and the next one. 'Describe him. He better not be better looking than me'.'How old is he?'. 'How long you known him then?'.'When is he coming over for dinner?'.
After he had finished, he smirked at her. Maybe this Jason guy wouldn't be so bad after all. Nah, he'd be as bad as the rest of the jerks, including himself. He'd sort him out at dinner, he'd make sure he was up to the standards for Caysi.

Caysi looked over at Alex, he seemed to amuse himself with the name. " Yes, Jason." She laughed. Caysi coughed and picked up the pace. " You really want me to pick up the pace?" She asked speeding over to Alex, she wouldn't slack off. " Merlins Beard! Enough questions 'ya think?" She smiled. " He's sweet, funny, caring, smart, handsome." She followed with Alex, she wasn't going to let him think that she wouldn't be able to pace with him. " He's tall, really tall actually, he came from a family where his parents just all of a sudden left him." She said softly. " No one can be better looking than Alex Cullen trust me." Caysi laughed at Alex. " He's the same age as us, eightteen." She replied. " I've known him for a while now, and holy cr@p, I just told you about him and you want him over for dinner." She laughed. " Arrangements can be made." Caysi smiled. " Yes, I love him very, very, very much." She smiled.

Alex laughed as Caysi tried to answer all the questions. it was rather amusing to see her talk about someone so enthusiastically. She clearly loved him. If he hurts her, he's gonna pay, he thought to himself as they kept the same pace.
'Why thank you very much dear. I'm busy tonight and I'll probably be tending to injuries tomorrow night but the next night's fine. Dinner then and if you don't come with that fiance of yours, I won't be your usher at all.' he told her, with a wink of the eye. Yes, that was him just replying yes to be your usher in his own special way, take the hint.
He smiled as he kept running before sighing. 'Caysi, you really are serious about this whole thing aren't you?' he asked, a serious note in his voice. He still couldn't believe that his lil sis was getting married before him. Damned to be a bachelor for life, his melodramatic mind joked with himself as he slowed the pace down for her slightly. He knew it was a bit unfair for him to go at a fast training pace when she wasn't used to it as much as him.

Caysi laughed. "I'm sure he'll get the note that I left him, so he might be here quicker than we think." She winked at Alex. " I'm really happy that your going to be usher and all, your an important part of my life Alex. She replied happily. " Of course you get an exceeding amount of dances with the bride that night." Caysi laughed. " Oh by the way, the wedding is in Hawaii, and we're all going to have to apparate there." Caysi kept up the pace with Alex. " I can set up a date for you, my sister, Elise." Caysi laughed. " You and her are very much alike, you know.. amazing and all." She laughed. " I am serious about this whole thing, very serious actually.. did you think that this was some fragment of you imagination?" She asked softly laughing.

Alex stared at her in utter confusion when she said he might be here earlier, before realizing what she meant. 'No , I have plans tonight. I'm running to the sea see. And it's gonna take me a whole day. And then I'm running back tomorrow. I'm afraid the earliest dinner can be in tomorrow night.' he told her, a small smile on his face. He didn't expect her to understand why he wanted to do his journey urgently but then, he was weird like that.
He laughed as she mentioned the dances. He would have a dance with her but he wouldn't steal them for that long. That would be mean. It was their day after all. He frowned as she mentioned the date. He coughed slightly at this. 'Caysi, I don't think that would be best. Elise is probably gonna want to bring her friends for her date you know,' he joked with her, a cheeky glint in his eyes before he blushed slightly at the whole imagination thing.
Bitting his lip, he winked at her before pulling her into a big bear hug. 'I'm so happy for you. I can't believe you're already getting married Case' he told her, still not having let her go. He was so happy for her, maybe a little too happy but who else could he really be happy for now.

Caysi understood now. " Oh, now I understand." She laughed, a little embarresed. " You'll probably like running by the sea." She smiled, she knew what Alex liked, and the sea would interest him. " That sounds good, I'll tell Jason when I come back home." She smiled back at Alex. " No, no, no, that's not what I meant.. Like an actual date." She laughed. " I don't want to be like the love godess here, but you two would be perfect for each other, your both funny, smart, cool and not to mention handsome." Caysi laughed. Caysi hugged Alex back. " I just hope that I don't make the wrong decision, Alex." She said sighing. " Promise me you won't rip his head off, I am going to spend the rest of my life with this man." She laughed. " Just expect lots of tears on the wedding day, that's all." Caysi smiled.

Alex raised an eyebrow as Caysi mentioned an actual date. 'I'm not sure about tha- ugh--we'll see. Gotta make the bride to be happy,' he told her, playfully at the end. To be honest, he didn't want to go after anybody right now. He had had enough drama last year to start to care about another bout of drama coming his way.
He laughed as she started telling him not too rip his head off. Letting her go, he shook his head at her. 'Me? Rip his head off? Never. What do take me for? A cannibal?' he joked, sticking his tongue out at her. 'No, I don't rip heads off, you should know me better than that. I beat them to a pulp,' he told her, trying to be serious but failing. He started running again, knowing that this constant stopping and starting was not helping his training at all.

As Jay got home he saw a note on the cabinate. He picked it up and read it then rolled his eyes. He put down the shopping then apperated to where she had wrote. Once his feet touched the ground he gasped. " Wow its way too hot here." Jay took his jumper off and saw Caysi in the distance with another person. Jay jogged up to her and put his arm around her shoulder. " Sorry im late, had to do a bit of shopping." He smiled at her then noticed she was with someone. He held his hand out. " Hi Jason Cordwell."

Caysi nodded. " Well, just think about it." She smiled and continued running. " Me, take you as a cannibal?, I would never." She joked. " Oh yes, that's right." Caysi laughed. Caysi didn't even know that Jason was there till she saw him running beside her. " Oh hey, you." She smiled at him. " Jason, meet Alex.. Alex meet Jason." She stood back a little, she was just seeing how these two would re act with each other. " So I'm guessin you saw my note?" She smiled.

Jason smiled. "Nice to meet you Alex, i have heard alot about you. It feels as if i already no you." He laughed slightly as he spoke. It was nice to meet someone that was close to Caysi and wasnt her family

Alex sighed and rolled his eyes as he saw a guy runnin up to them. he had already guessed it was Jason by the look of him. No offense, but most people in Jamaica did have a tan unlike that guy.
He kept jogging with Caysi, not bothering to slow down for him to catch up. He should be able to catch up on his own. He looked over as Jason spoke to him, giving him a steady gaze before looking at his hand and smirking.
Lets see how good he can hold his tmper, he thought to himself. He did not bother shaking his hand one bit. 'Well, that's a shame. Because I don't know anything bout you,' he replied, a cool edge to his voice. He gave him a smirk before glancing back to the sea. 'I guess I'll see you both tonight then at the beach. Or are you gonna leave now and come back tommorow night?' he asked them both, resting his hand behind his neck, annoyed. He wasn't sure what to do.
He had so wanted to run his 30 miles today and he had only managed 2 so far. He'd have to pick the pace to impossible if he wanted to get there before night fall. Raincheck, he thought sourly to himself.
He'd have nothing against that though. He needed to check out the guy Caysi was marrying before he hurt her. If he dared to. So, if his training had to wait, he had no problem.
'Or we could go back to my house for dinner...'he added, his voice trailing off thinking he sounded plain stupid now. Stupid him, choosing to run today. Argh, he could shoot himself right now.

Caysi watched Alex and Jason. She wasn't sure what to do, she wanted to see how Jason replied to Alex. She hoped to Lord that he didn't reply with a temper because then the whole thing would have been ruined. "Umm, we can come back tonight if it's no trouble." She said, she thought that Alex would probably want it over with. Plus Caysi had to shower and change because she was all sweaty and hot due to the fact she had been running for a while.

Alex nodded at Caysi before giving her a grin. 'Tonight it is then. My house. I'll just raincheck my training Case. No worries,' he replied, before glancing over at Jason, not much of a smile of his face for him.
He took a deep breath before turning to him fully.
'You aren't allergic to anythign are you?' he asked, just to make sure he could make whatever he could grab hold of. Quick trip to the town was all he was going to manage. His house needed some serious clearing out if he was going to expect them over.
He glanced over at Jason again before looking back at Caysi. '9.00? And don't back track away from the house at that time. Please,' he replied, before smiling softly. Nah, that dog of his neighbour's wasn't too friendly when he was let out hunting at 10, roughly.
He would wait for them to leave before he would sprint off to town. Because leaving now would be rude he guessed. Not that he cared. It would annoy Jason in the least. And he had to check out his temper first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back