Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Elm Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Your next Minister for Magic...
ea0143511fea27b76d5d2ef0936321c9484c29b5.gif

James Cade
Everyone's favourite James Cade is running to be your next minister for magic. A former Gryffindor prefect, Quidditch captain and brotherhood president James brings a wealth of leadership experience as well as his experience serving the magical community as a fully trained Auror with the ministry of magic. James doesn't take himself too seriously and he will be bringing a relaxed attitude to the election but he brings real ideas of how he feels the magical community of New Zealand can be improved.

James' manifesto is as follows.

• International magical cooperation - Reintroduce the tri-wizard tournament to foster strong bonds and friendly competition among the youth of the wizarding world. They are the future of magic and the future is global.

• Open educational pathways - With the help of HNZ leadership establish annual career fairs to show students what opportunities await them in the Ministry once they graduate. Foster mentorships between existing Ministry staff and senior students.

• Safer communities - Create a visible and approachable presence of magical law enforcement on the streets of the magical communities of New Zealand. Create more opportunities for Quidditch and magical games to be played free from muggle eyes.

As part of his campaign James is looking to build out his team and requires the following.

• Campaign manager (Oversees the campaign and coordinates other staff. Mostly keeps James out of trouble)
  • Communications director (Make sure James doesn't say anything stupid)
  • Policy Advisor
  • Interns and volunteers to canvass and deliver leaflets.

Last edited:
For the sake of plotting, just throwing it out there that he’s dating another Auror who is Metamorphmagus who is willing to be a decoy of some sorts 👀

Hey so....if you'd be interested in possibly a little nefarious-ish plot, I could offer Jerara Tapsell to be part of the campaign. He's a background scit, not too involved in much of the day to day, but very much part of the ideology, believe in the sharing of knowledge. I think he'd be intrigued but James' line about education, as he does think that the ministry limits the knowledge of kids, so I think he'd be curious enough to want to help if he could then twist this into something else.

Jerara is going through it a little right now, he had a little brush with unforgivable magic and is looking to step away from all of that, so if it was necessary I'd be happy to have him technically leave the scits.

he doesn't have much campaign experience, having mostly worked in retail, so I'd be happy for him to be an intern.

Obviously there's a bit of a potential for plots if Jerara's actions were found out, but also I don't want it to conflict with what you want to do, so if this doesn't really suit what you're aiming for with James, that's completely fine.

Otherwise I can offer locations in the medley and the book shop if James wants to use them. And can offer as a much tamer intern if you'd rather Minnie Calida - she doesn't really know how she would vote politically so I think would just see his issues as aligning with hers and be keen to be involved. Could also in theory offer Sage as a comms person, she was a gossip columnist so she probably would be good at twisting things.

Really if any of that peaks your interest let me know, if none of it does, then that's all good too.

Hey so....if you'd be interested in possibly a little nefarious-ish plot, I could offer Jerara Tapsell to be part of the campaign. He's a background scit, not too involved in much of the day to day, but very much part of the ideology, believe in the sharing of knowledge. I think he'd be intrigued but James' line about education, as he does think that the ministry limits the knowledge of kids, so I think he'd be curious enough to want to help if he could then twist this into something else.

Jerara is going through it a little right now, he had a little brush with unforgivable magic and is looking to step away from all of that, so if it was necessary I'd be happy to have him technically leave the scits.

he doesn't have much campaign experience, having mostly worked in retail, so I'd be happy for him to be an intern.

Obviously there's a bit of a potential for plots if Jerara's actions were found out, but also I don't want it to conflict with what you want to do, so if this doesn't really suit what you're aiming for with James, that's completely fine.

Otherwise I can offer locations in the medley and the book shop if James wants to use them. And can offer as a much tamer intern if you'd rather Minnie Calida - she doesn't really know how she would vote politically so I think would just see his issues as aligning with hers and be keen to be involved. Could also in theory offer Sage as a comms person, she was a gossip columnist so she probably would be good at twisting things.

Really if any of that peaks your interest let me know, if none of it does, then that's all good too.
So I'm not sure that nefarious-ish is the direction I wanna go in with James' campaign. I also think Jerara wouldn't be comfortable with James wanting to push kids into ministry careers which is the main focus of his education plans.

Minnie however would be perfect as an intern and he could definitely put her to work. James is also exactly the kind of person who would hire a gossip columnist as his comms director so would love to have Sage involved.

I'd offer Florean Fortescue's but Nell might actually be filled with a placid anger about pushing kids in to the ministry...but if you're down for a potential altercation :r

I'd offer Florean Fortescue's but Nell might actually be filled with a placid anger about pushing kids in to the ministry...but if you're down for a potential altercation :r
They could definitely debate what constitutes 'pushing'.

Hi! Not sure if you're interested in having students help out, but if you are, I have Celia! She is super into politics (though up until this point, it's mostly been American muggle politics), and I think James' platform — especially the stuff about international relations and education — would be really appealing to her. She is neither 17 nor an NZ citizen, so all she could really do is volunteer during breaks/Brightstone weekends. But she would be willing to hand out flyers, knock on doors, wrangle owls to send out mailers, really anything that could help her get some ~campaign experience~

Also, she writes an opinion column for the Hogwarts Monthly, and I was going to make her next one (Y41 S1) elections-related. So if James is interested in trying to reach seventh years/Hogwarts staff, we could maybe do something there.

You're also totally free to say no to all of this since she's, like, 14 and kind of annoying xD

So I'm not sure that nefarious-ish is the direction I wanna go in with James' campaign. I also think Jerara wouldn't be comfortable with James wanting to push kids into ministry careers which is the main focus of his education plans.

Minnie however would be perfect as an intern and he could definitely put her to work. James is also exactly the kind of person who would hire a gossip columnist as his comms director so would love to have Sage involved.
Extremely fair.

Minnie would be very much a gets your coffee without question kind of girl, so an intern position would be great for her, and Sage would love a bit of a challenge too. Shall we maybe start with Sage and James and then do Minnie and James down the line a bit?

I can throw in Talitha for some correspondence. So she is a journalist, that means she can run feature articles on his campaign activities.

I am also adding that Rhianne Cade gives her expressed permission for James to set HQ in the pub. Anything to support her nephew-in -aw.

Hi! Not sure if you're interested in having students help out, but if you are, I have Celia! She is super into politics (though up until this point, it's mostly been American muggle politics), and I think James' platform — especially the stuff about international relations and education — would be really appealing to her. She is neither 17 nor an NZ citizen, so all she could really do is volunteer during breaks/Brightstone weekends. But she would be willing to hand out flyers, knock on doors, wrangle owls to send out mailers, really anything that could help her get some ~campaign experience~

Also, she writes an opinion column for the Hogwarts Monthly, and I was going to make her next one (Y41 S1) elections-related. So if James is interested in trying to reach seventh years/Hogwarts staff, we could maybe do something there.

You're also totally free to say no to all of this since she's, like, 14 and kind of annoying xD
So James wouldn't 'hire' her per se but she could absolutely volunteer and pass out leaflets and they could definitely do something for HM.
Extremely fair.

Minnie would be very much a gets your coffee without question kind of girl, so an intern position would be great for her, and Sage would love a bit of a challenge too. Shall we maybe start with Sage and James and then do Minnie and James down the line a bit?
Yeah absolutely. Let's do a topic with Sage and James to kick things off.
I can throw in Talitha for some correspondence. So she is a journalist, that means she can run feature articles on his campaign activities.

I am also adding that Rhianne Cade gives her expressed permission for James to set HQ in the pub. Anything to support her nephew-in -aw.
James will have his main campaign HQ in the Leaky Cauldron because his sister owns the pub but he could definitely do some events at Rhi's place.

I'm also in need of some campaign graphics, an eye-catching poster and something with a little more policy detail on it. Any volunteers please let me know.

Last edited:
So James wouldn't 'hire' her per se but she could absolutely volunteer and pass out leaflets and they could definitely do something for HM.
Oh yeah, I definitely don't expect him to hire her or anything. She just wants some volunteer experience and a chance to force her political opinions on random passersby :r

I'm assuming she wouldn't be high-ranking enough to interact with James, but if you ever do some kind of group thread involving volunteers, let me know. Though if you do want a one-on-one thread, I'm definitely down. In the meantime, if it's alright with you, I'll have her do some open threads passing out leaflets once holiday forums open up and the election season is a little more underway.

As for HM stuff, I'm going to wait until the article sign-up list is posted next semester in case the editor is planning on doing something elections-related for the next issue. I'll hit you up with some ideas then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back