I've Got My Mind Set On You

Larissa heard someone ask if she and the other Durmstrangs wanted a lift. Her eyes fell to the woman, and though she managed to hide it, she was not impressed. There was probably some irony, here, but Larissa didn't seek it. Instead, she simply nodded, climbing in beside Robert. She said nothing, trying not to breath, holding her coat over her face, so embarrassed. If anyone asked why she was doing this, she could claim that she felt bad for mentioning Libby's pregnancy, or that she hadn't had enough rest.

The journey, though short, was not going to be fun. Nobody was likely to have a fun ride. Her mind briefly switched to who was in the other car and what the situation she had just caused, was. Liberty, Tobias and Alex were going to be stuck in one car. A smile began to form on Larissa's face, though it was not visible for her coat- Perhaps things wouldn't be so bad.. Perhaps life was worse in the other car.

Robert grinned as Larissa clambered in beside her. He knew after the recent events Larissa would ether be feeling guilty or pleased with herself. His ex-girlfriend was wearing a black dress, much different to the others in gold. "You look nice" he said half jokingly. He knew him acting sweet towards her would just wind her up, but in a way, she did.

He hoped Libby was getting on all right. She was stuck with her close family, and was now properly having an argument over what had just happened. He too had been shocked, but it had been Libby's choice to make, and he wasn't sure why everyone was making such a big deal about it. Robert nodded to Jack who climbed in the opposite side of Larissa, and Robert teasingly stroked her leg, before turning to look out the window of the car. Soon they would be at the hall.

Zsofia had just caught her breath and muttered something in Hungarian to express her despair over people taking her wand. She then looked over to a pair of twins just as one of them glanced at her. Immediately, Zsofia was puzzled by what she perceived as mischeviousness. Snorting she gazed away just in time to catch the bride herself waving shyly at her, she returned the gesture nonchalantely and followed her into the church.
From the looks earlier on, she expected that the pair of twins were planning something against her, and knew that she had to take some sort of action, and that was to call her parents to get her wand back. Even though she wouldn't hesitate to try, she couldn't just concentrate hard enough for wandless magic...
Sighing in frustration as she saw the ceremony get delayed by apparently a girl from her school, Zsofia raised an eyebrow as she heard Larissa say the things she said. Well wow, how tactful then, she thought and laughed.
When the ceremony was finally over, she proceeded slowly and as gracefully as ever out of the church and called her parents to deliver her wand whenever they came along to get her to the next destination. Apparently, they had an after-wedding-party to attend to also, which Zsofia dearly wanted to miss, oh well. Catching the sight of their rented Mercedes some time later, she hurriedly ran up to the car and received her wand from her dad. She then saw Larissa standing there, demanding a ride. Ignoring her fellow sixth year, she pulled the door open and clambered inside, then her father drove it away to the expected party.

Libby climbed into the car along-side her two brother's, cousin, the twins and husband. Libby sat ether beside Alex, with her brother's and sister facing them. She waved out the window at the few people who weren't attending the party. They had rented out a hall for the evening. She was going to have to watch the underage children for alcohol. She didn't want drunk children on her hands.

"I'm sorry i didn't tell you before" she said to her brother's and Caysi. Nat Soph and Kate were too busy comparing hair colours to listen and understand. "I only found out a week ago today" she said truthfully, looking from Alex to Tobias. She hoped her family and friends would forgive her.

She looked out the window, and decided then she would enjoy the rest of the day. It was the one day she would be married after-all. She subcontiously put a hand on her stomach, the other fell into Alex's own hand.

A short while later, the car turned up at the book hall. There were balloons, banners, and chairs out at the back in the garden. With a small kitchen and bar area, Libby grinned, and couldn't wait to get the party started.

OOCOut of Character:
That's okay. :)

The ride had been painfully quiet, but for the three little girls who talked among themselves. Alex supposed they had not realised quite how awkward this all was. But it didn't matter- at least someone was having a good time. They pulled at the hall and Alex released Liberty's hand, climbing out of the car, holding the door open and offering her his hand, again, to help her out. Everyone was heading in to the hall. It had been set out with a few tables lining a small corner of the room. They were set out with silver cutlery and names to show people where they should be sitting.

Alex would be sitting next to Tobias. He took a deep breath before he sat down. After all, Tobias was to give a speech as the best man, and the other Alex as he took the place of 'father of the bride'. Tobias could say anything.. Or refuse to say anything at all. The silence had left many things unsaid, but Alex was trying. He was trying to do things the right way. He loved Liberty and he didn't want this marriage to begin with arguments and hate. He sat down in his seat and waited for the inevitable.

Larissa heard what Robert said, she felt his hand upon her leg, she shut her eyes as he mind began to click. She said nothing. Deep within her heart, Larissa knew only one thing; the moment they reached that hall, she was going to rip Robert's head off.

Thankfully, the journey only lasted a short while, though it felt like forever, and Larissa clambered out of the car, leaving her coat on the seat. She looked to the hall, having heard there would be food provided. She assumed they must have a little kitchen, or something. "Robert," she said, looking to him with a relatively calm expression, "a word." She took him by the arm and dragged him to the little kitchen. Yes, she was supposed to be there for the speeches, but right now, she had a muggle-born she needed to kill. After Larissa had checked they were alone, she swung her right hand, slapping Robert across the face. "What, in the name of Merlin, do you think you're doing?!"

Libby arrived at the hall, and took her seat beside Alex. On her other side was Tobias, and the rest of the seats were in circles, around the room, with about 8 to a table. Libby looked to Alex, and back to Tobias. He was meant to make a speech on their father's behalf. Not their step-father, no, he wasn't worth mentioning in their eyes. But their real father. The one that couldn't be with them today simply because family issue's wouldn't allow it. She turned to Tobias for the first time properly since the announcement. "I think you should give your speech now." she said quietly. She didn't want this to turn nasty, and she was suddenly afraid that Tobias would do nothing at all..

Tobias looked into his sister's eyes sighing. He wasn't about to give up on her, even if she hadn't told him the entire truth. He took one of her hands, squeezing it, before picking up a glass and standing up. He clincked his glass to get everyone's attention.

"Firstly, i would like to thank everyone for being here today. I know some of you have come from far away" he smiled, nodding to the Durmstrang's. Here in Italy the sun shone brightly, even through the window air. "I've only known Libby, for about a year. I found out i had not just one sister, but two, and a younger brother," he nodded towards Nat and Ceddy. "I know had i not found out, i wouldn't be standing here today, and just knowing that makes my life so much happier, as there's the fact, i am. I also know our father and step-father, Mark Barnett and Adam Goodwin, aswell as our mother, Coppellia Sauky would give anything to be here right now. I can say that it is completely their loss that they're not." Tobias smiled to Libby and Alex. "I know what happened earlier was a shock, and i apologise now for how i reacted, but if this is truly what you want, well, what can i say?" He raised his glass, "To Libby and Alex, and may they have the most magical lifetime" He grinned, taking a sip of is wine before sitting back down in his seat.

Robert followed Larissa out of the car, and into the small kitchen area in the hall. "Larissa, we are supposed to be liste..." he stopped talking just as her hand made contact with his cheek. Shocked, he grabbed hold of both Larissa's wrists, turning her and pushing her back against the wall. "I was making you feel wanted. I suppose someone has to" Robert said to her, his voice low. He knew it was a cheap shot but he had nothing else to say. He didn't know why he'd done what he did, he just knew that's what he'd wanted at the time. He heard Larissa protesting, but did nothing but continue to hold her up against the wall. Leaning forward he kissed her there and then. They fell silent. After a few moment, Robert let go of her wrists, and began to stroke her hair. He pulled back sharply when he heard the sound of a door slamming open behind them, and he looked at the floor.

Larissa had not expected Robert to fight back.. Well, he didn't fight back, not really. He forced her back against the wall. Had she expected this, she would have kneed him where it hurt, but as it was, the surprise had taken the oomph from Larissa's fight. His words were a low blow. Alright, so she didn't see Mark very much, so she didn't get to show him off, so they weren't technically a couple, so what? "You're wrong," she began, trying not to show that he had touched a nerve with his words, but failing miserably as her glare showed out. "You are so-" Her speech was cut off. Surprise turned to shock. She barely had a moment to think as Robert.. Kissed her.

Her head was spinning. Larissa didn't know what to think, how she felt about this. Mark was a pureblood, Robert was a muggle-born. Mark had killed Larissa's mother and brother for her. Robert would never hurt a fly. Mark was always busy. Robert had a girlfriend. Mark and Robert. The two names which danced around her head. Who knew that a single kiss could have shaken her as much as it did? She suddenly became aware of Robert stroking her hair. It was only there for another moment before the sound of a door being slammed open, could be heard. Robert was looking guilty. And so he should. Larissa was still against the wall, her mouth slightly ajar, her eyes staring straight ahead. She managed to shake herself back to the present, looking at Robert, and then to the person in the doorway; Libby.

Caysi followed what everyone did, she was so happy for her cousin that all she could do was look at her. Libby looked amazing today, but Caysi still couldn't believe that her cousin was married.. and also pregnant. Caysi couldn't say too much, seeing as she was pregnant as well. " It's not a problem, no worries." Caysi said as she leant over to hug her cousin. " I'm so happy for you, you look amazing." Caysi whispered to her cousin as she listened to the speech. " I'm excited to hear your speech." Caysi smiled at her cousin. " I have a specail present for you later." Caysi said softly to her cousin before returning to her seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back