Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
+ man crush mondays
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Whippy Mahogany Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Chaser was shaking as he stood out the in rain, numbed to the core but unsure whether that was because of the weather or the adrenaline that ran through his veins. He had no idea if he was making the biggest mistake of his life, and one that perhaps he would come to regret in a few minutes, weeks or even years to come, but believing in his friends words that at least it would have been better to try than give up, he'd been agitated and nervous. He knew exactly what he needed to do, but whether he could pull it off was another matter. After turning up in Russia on the doorstep he'd seen on occasion many years before, he could only pray that the Macksimov family hadn't changed residence since he last visited.
He rang the doorbell, trying to repeat the words over in his head,. Maybe they wouldn't notice he'd gotten slightly damp in the rain. By slightly damp he meant his clothes were sticking to him after finding himself lost on route. Maybe he should have asked Lin to come with him. He could be a pain at times but perhaps he wouldn't have been just a little more confident as he waited for the door to open. If he left now, no one would ever realise he'd turned up. Perhaps he was too late. With a million thoughts rushing through his head, he squinted through the downpour, trying to shake off the nerves.

Aminia had gotten a regular muggle job, though her father assured her she'd not have to work much if she didn't want to. The veela couldn't do that to herself though, not with Chaser on her mind after their last conversation. The amber eyed girl was good at her fast food job though, charming and charismatic - somehow able to calm the worst customers. She supposed it was being a Veela. The more she worked she realized she'd be able to save to maybe publish her own poetry book, having begun to write more complex metaphors for how much she missed Chaser rather than blatant words of romance. That was what people ate up after all.

Still dressed in her ugly, mustard yellow uniform, the blonde was sat upstairs at her desk, working on a poem. It was strange how many muggle and magical objects could be used as metaphors, running faucets and tubs with too many bubbles, birds and umbrellas and rain. The blonde found her vocabulary in English growing by the day as she searched for things to complete her words - however she couldn't concentrate with her father speaking so loudly down the stairs. She wondered if maybe one of her sisters came to visit as he told whoever was at the door to go upstairs and hurry. it would be a pleasant surprise to see Amoretta after all. Or Amella.

As the door had been prised open by the grizzly bear that was her father, Chaser had entered the home in a mess on the doormat. The warmth hit his frozen face as he peered around the interior, it looked much the same as it had last time he’d been around. Chaser wasn’t sure quite how much her dad was aware of, but he seemed keen to let the guy into the home. After being directed via the bathroom to ring out his hair and wipe his face with a towel, he realised he was still in no state to be wandering around the house. He should have done this properly, but he daren't waste more time.
He moved as quickly as he could towards her bedroom door, wondering if he should still turn back now while he had he chance. Unsure of what was about to happen in the next few seconds, he quietly knocked. “Mini?” At least if she turned away from him now, he would have tried.

Aminia heard the knock, and the voice on the other end, but she was absolutely positive she was hallucinating. After all, Chaser made it clear he'd never forgive her. It had to be Linnux - maybe Linnux and her dad got a long after all, he was a nice guy. But her father didn't like most people. The blonde, moved toward the door and opened it, and there was a sight she hadn't expected. Chaser was soaking wet, and he looked amazing, meanwhile there she was in a fast food uniform, skin greasy from a day at work, hair tied messily up. Aminia's eyes widened. "Wait here!" She said in shock, before slamming her door and using magic to look halfway presentable. Now in jeans and a sweater and having wiped her face off in the matter of thirty seconds she opened the door again. "You're still there?" She asked before reaching out and pinching his arm, and then her own. "You.... what are... come in." She said, obviously still in shock.

For a moment, Chaser thought she’d heard him and decided she wasn’t going to answer. Fortunately for him, it swung open and he caught sight of her looking as though she’d stepped out a muggle store. He couldn’t stop a small grin appearing at her little yellow apron, but he found the door slam in his face and instantly his mood dropped. Perhaps he ought to go. He glanced down the hallway to see if anyone else had joined them, but a few seconds later the door was thrown open once more. She looked more relaxed now although he wasn’t sure why she’d done it.
“Ow!” He said, rubbing his arm. “Yes?” Has she waited much longer he may have made a run for it but as it happened he was still there. Chaser moved into her room, particularly aware that he was not in a presentable state. “Can you..” he waved his arm around a little in a motion that suggested he could do with a magical hand too, although since he’d not spent too long focusing in class, he could barely remember the spell. “I thought we should.. talk.” He said nervously, still anticipating that she’d throw him out.

Aminia recoiled harshly when he said ow. "I'm sorry i just, thought I might be dreaming i thought you... I don't know I didn't think I'd see you again." The memories of the banana museum flooded Min and already her eyes were prepared to water. She looked over Chaser and gave a small laugh. "Of course, only if you don't want some of my dry clothing." She offered, trying to lighten the overly tense mood. She wondered briefly if in the silence of her room he could hear her heart beat, feel the way she felt utterly nervous. She grabbed her wand, missing the open notebook, still too shocked at the moment to care that it was there. She siphoned the water off him, and he suddenly looked even better. When she was done she wanted to speak to him. She wanted to tell him a hundred things but her mouth was dry and her heart ached and instead she sat on the deep blue bed spread, and looked at him.

In Aminia's amber orbs, she held a pathetic look, one of pain and worry. What could he have come here to say? To tell her to forget him and not wait. The girl then looked at her fingers. "H-how's the museum?" She finally managed, trying not to let her voice shake.

Chaser studied Minis face as she dried him off, she seemed so different to how he pictured her before. She grown since then of course, but her features had changed a little in time too. It made him nervous to even consider that he should be looking at her so carefully. Who was he to over step the mark? He’d always been confident but right now he didn’t want to be anything more than how he felt. Mini had been honest with him, now it was his turn. He thanked her once he had dried off, glad his limbs would soon be able to thaw out. He’d glanced at her desk, hoping that whatever he’d come in and interrupted could have been forgiven. “Do you really want to talk about that right now?” He appreciated the sentiment, but a small smile he was sure she was only trying to break the tension. “I’ve been talking to Linnux,” it had seemed as though she’d befriended him too recently, so perhaps she’d know where his next sentence came from. “I don’t want to let you go Min,” he admittedly it for the first time, doing his best not to look away from her as he spoke. “But I’m scared.” He finally glanced down, feeling uneasy as he stood in the middle of her room. “I don’t want to get hurt again. I don’t want to go through what I did a second time, but I do know that I would rather try to make things right instead of walking away.” He wasn’t the best with words, he just hoped she understood what he meant. “Unless of course, it’s too late. I just had to let you know.” It could well have been, after all he was the one to leave her back at the museum.

Aminia tried hard to pretend she didn’t feel Chaser’s brown eyes boring into her harshly. She looked anywhere but st the boy - man now - and toyed with her fingernails. “I... don’t know.” She answered when he asked if the museum was what she really wanted to talk about. It seemed an easy topic, and that was what the girl’s Fragile heart needed. However it was obvious that Chaser had other ideas as he continued.

Though the blonde could feel his gaze never leaving her, it took her a few moments to look up at home and truly acknowledge the look in her eyes. Aminia felt goosebumps prick her pallid flesh and suddenly her whole body was icy hot, as if Chaser was somehow able to both freeze her and set her on fire. The Veela let her tongue moisten her lips, trying to find the words to respond. “Chaser... I can’t prove to you I won’t ever hurt you. I can promise, over and over, and ask you to trust me... but you do not have to do so...” she thought. “Since leaving you I have felt a painful hole in my chest, you helped me to come out of my shell and you forgave me time and again for not always realizing my faults, like how I shouldn’t have danced with Lennon in the first place - and that was how the kiss was my fault. And how I should have been honest during the break up...” she took in a shaking breath and stood, but didn’t dare to move any closer to Chaser.

With another deep breath steadying her heart she looked at the love of her life and spoke once more. “If you will trust me though... I will spend the rest of my life making sure to make every missed day up with you. I love you, I want to be your wife one day... I...” Mini stopped for a second and in perhaps what was a moment of lapsed judgement she shrugged and sai, “marry me and I’ll make sure to be the best wife ever.” She added a small laugh, nervous in her mannerisms. It was obvious though by the way she reached out for his hand and looked him in the eyes if he said yes she’d not take back a single word.

Chaser let her speak, and while he knew she could never promise not to hurt him again and what he was getting into, he still had to trust himself enough to try. That was surely what it came down to wasn’t it? His own parents had lasted for years and it couldn’t have always been easy. Obviously they both still had a long way to go but maybe if they took a fresh look at their relationship, started again from scratch they’d have a better chance of making things work. Chaser swallowed nervously when she told him he loved her though. He couldn’t deny his feelings for the dancer any longer, but could he say he loved her too? Meeting Mini this year had been like meeting a stranger, every touch felt as though it was their first and despite their history, Chaser realised she’d become a stranger to him. “I want to trust you.” He replied, doing his best not to hurt her as he couldn’t return the admission.
The adrenaline had never died down but it vamped back up in blood stream as she told him that she’d make a good wife. Chaser didn’t want to hurt her, but he couldn’t look that far ahead. As she took his hand, he was further convinced that it wouldn’t be the right thing to do, her skin against his was new, and marrying her any time soon would have only made the situation more complicated. “No,” his voice barely more than a whisper. He’d come to make things right but that meant starting from scratch. He pulled his hand free, sweating as he felt like he was about to lose her again, but adamant that he was making the best choice for them both. “We’ve both done things we regret and grown up a lot since we first met. I know at least for me, I’m not the same person I use to be.” Chaser looked from one eye to the other, begging her to understand. “I want to trust you, and I want to learn you again. Maybe this time things can be different, and I would like that.” It was the the best he could do given the circumstance, if they were getting back together it would have to be slowly.

Aminia felt a pang in her chest for a moment when she realized that he couldn’t return her feelings, but now with barely space between them she could look properly at the boy she’d left a year ago, and the changes. The way his hair seemed tamed, comparative to their meeting. The shadow of what little facial hair she could see and the way his hands almost seemed more calloused. Had she too changed so much that he no longer knew if he loved her? Aminia tried to think and perhaps she was different, but thanks to Chaser it was in all the best ways. The blonde did not release his hand and nodded. “I know.” She said in response, and she gave a squeeze to his tendrils, her elongated bony ones not releasing so long as he didn’t pull back.

When he said no Mini Gave a laugh. “I am not asking you to marry me right now. I’m just trying to sell myself so maybe you will continue to want me back.” Aminia thought more. “I will leave humor to you then.” She said giving a half smile. Finally reaching out for his other hand, Aminia waited for him to take it as she spoke. If he chose not to she would remind herself not to be hurt, as this was like the first time all over again - though different it was much the same. Scared to trust and to fall for each other. They had the same rough journey to go through. “Chaser Reeves Rosendale, I would be honored to take you on a date someday when you are ready. And maybe steal another scarf from you if it is cold, and learn everything there is to know about you eventually. I will move as slowly as you need to, I will be a snail if need be.” She said. “I will never let go again if you give me the chance. And I will bring you free fast food whenever I can.”

Chaser had tried to pull away but the girl was resisting, so he relaxed a little a listened. His cheeks began to flush when she admitted she hadn’t actually asked, as it had definitely sounded as though she had. Nevertheless at least Chasers own thoughts were out in the open and he no longer had to lie or hide what he was going through. His smile turned up a little when she announced humour was his area of expertise, but it seemed the furthest thing from him that day. While the blonde took her other hand, he dropped his gaze to the floor, unsure for a minute whether he could look her in the eye. She was too close to him to escape it.
At the mention of the scarf, he let out a small laugh, finally smiling properly and looking back up to meet her amber eyes. They’d always been of a similar height and it was still the case, to the point where Chaser could walk too closely if she were wearing heels if his hair wasn’t fully voluminous. The change in Minis tone was considerable as she began to gain hope, a turn from the week before when she’d been sat crying in his office. He moved across and gently placed a small kiss on her forehead, the most contact they’d had in over a year, “Thanks,” he appreciated the fact she understood, and hoped that in time he’d be able to see beyond their difficulties, and while he wanted to tell her he still cared about her it was the most he could do in the moment. He sighed, glancing around the room properly for the first time. He still had so many questions for her, but one stood out as an immediate thought as his blue eyes ran over the pages she’d been working on. “What were you working on before I got here?” The notebook looked similar to the one he’d picked up from the floor in Korea, and he could only imagine what other dramatic performances lay waiting.

There was so much Aminia felt like she needed to resist as she gave her empty hand a rest and let it drop. Everything in her body wanted her to entertains herself in chaser’s spirit and breathe in his sense of home. He had always felt like home. Finally he moved and kissed her forehead, and Mini’s ears and cheeks were slight with color that betrayed the look on her face. She couldn’t help the way Chaser made her feel. “You’re my favorite weirdo you know that?” She asked, before glancing at her notebook.

“Aha, that...” now she pulled back and flipped to the front. A poem about feeling much like a leaking faucet in her brain, unable to turn of thoughts she’d always thought were not her own. She handed it to him, uncaring that many of the poems were about her feelings for him, uncaring that the photo taped in the cover was of the kiss in brightstone. “I’m writing a poetry book. I do not want to work in fast food forever. Or even another day.” She laughed. “I could be a banana hunter instead.” She offere, trying not to feel completely uncomfortable offering the chance for him to read her poetry.

Chaser took one arm, wrapping it over the shoulders of the girl in front of him and pulling her into a tight hug, unable to stop the chuckle leaving him when she said he was her favourite weirdo. He’d not intended that to stick as much as it had when he first asked her all those years ago, and it amused him that she remembered all the little things about their relationship. As she turned to the notebook, he took it with his spare hand. “Do you want me to reinact our first date?” He asked with a cheeky grin, opening to one of the later pages and skimming across with his eyes. “I don’t think you ever need to work in fast food,” he said quietly, still reading through the words she’d written out in front of him. He’d always admired her writing and had genuine belief she should have been doing more with it than she already did. He turned to face her when she joked about working for him though, “I’m not sure you’d really want that. You’ve got a talent right here!” He gave her another squeeze, knowing how much it meant to her that she could write her poetry.

The embrace that Chaser gave Aminia felt more natural than full pointe or even breathing and the blonde suddenly felt alight. There was nothing that could stop her and quitting school was worth every second of having to ask for here or to go. "A dramatic reading by Chaser?" She asked laughing. "might have to have an audio book read by you." She joked, moving to look at what page he was reading. One about freedom, her life equivalent to that of a zoo animal - a spectacle to be looked at and not heard. She had felt that way living with her mother and attending a school about dance - after all you were only worth your looks and talent. Never for your soul. "I'd do anything to make you happy. Even if that meant cutting through jungle bushes looking for legendary bananas. Maybe I could write a book about that." She said laughing. "Chaser?" She asked, making sure that she had his attention. "I uhm, I do not know how fast or slow or anything you want to move this, but I'm free Thursday night if you'd like to see a movie with me?" She bit her lower lip, if she never took the chance then what was this really about?

“You may tease woman, but everybody know they can’t resist one of these dramatical readings,” Chaser raised his eyebrows and flipped his hair out his face with over drawn confidence, something he knew he could rely on for humour. He’d always loved making Mini laugh and now was no exception. As she giggled her eyes lit up, and Chaser wasn’t even sure if she was aware it happened. He cleared his throat and turned to the newest poem, scanning for a section he could read aloud. “It was like I was a side show, one pirouette for a coin thrown my way. Animals in the zoo had more respect. But I had hope.” With the final sentence, Chasers eyes had broken from the text on the page, scanning her face instead as he took in what the words really meant. These words in the book weren’t there just to sound nice, they were Minis way of expressing herself. “I’m so proud of you,” he said quietly, his eyes never leaving her face. She’d come so far and even if they’d had difficulties as a couple, she had been through so much too by herself. He lay the book back down on her desk, smiling at her declaration and final request. Chaser turned to face her fully, his now free hand tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as he gazed down into her beautiful eyes and he cupped her jaw, their faces barely a few inches apart, “I would love to.” He’d come here in the hopes that Mini would forgive him, listen, and be open to the possibility of a future, and while he felt lucky to have received it, it was as though that evening the gap in his chest that had pained him for the last year, was finally beginning to close, and while it was terrifying to hand over the power of his pain once again there was nothing he would have rather been doing for the smart woman beside him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back