It's Like I'm A Mirror

Dante Vrael

OOC First Name
Sir Dylaaan!
Wand
12'' Elder Wood w/ Dragon Heartstring
It was a rather cold and miserable day on the busy streets of London. The people scurried around in their day to day habits and chores, each one with dull and unpleasant look on their face. Why people constantly lived their lives in a manner that constantly displeased them, was something Dante would never understand, and yet, people everywhere constantly seemed to do it. Accepting the fact that they have to be content with their boring and, most of the time, upsettingly dull lives. It was something he could never do. Why settle for less, without trying for more? These thoughts and more pondered on his mind as he weaved his way through the busy crowds of people on Southwark street. He had no real purpose or intent on this day. Well, in fact, he had no purpose on any given day. Dante didn't work. Since graduating from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he had somewhat dropped off of the radar. Contenting himself with a plain muggle's life, Dante lived alone. Since the recent passing of his mother, he had somewhat shut himself off from the world. All but losing all of his friends, Dante didnt much care for social interests anymore. He was happy alone, wallowing in his own self pity, he merely survived instead of doing something with his life. But he was happy, and that was what mattered.

Pulling his ipod out of his pocket, Dante flicked through his music until finding a song he liked, and turned the music up to full. This particular song was a personal favourite of his. He had never been a fan of Justin Timberlake, as he had always fancied the heavier side of muggle music, but when he had found the cover that not only was Justin Timberlake, but was sung and covered by one of his favourite muggle vocalists, he simply couldnt have been happier. Humming along to the cover of 'Mirrors', Dante started to consider what he would do with his day. Deciding he was in the mood for a coffee, he scanned the street and saw a sign labelled 'The Table Cafe' across the street. Heading for the cafe, he didn't check for traffic, and jumped slightly when he heard the explosive noise of a car horn right next to him. Giving the driver a rude look, and raising his hands in a disgruntled fashion, Dante ran across the road, and swung open the door to the cafe.

Approaching the counter, he was delighted to see that there was an extremely cute girl working the register. Giving her one of his awkward, but slightly dashing smiles, he ordered a caramel chai late, and tipped her handsomely. Heading to the back of the cafe, he took a booth by himself. Still humming along with the song, slightly louder then he realized due to the volume of the ipod, he awaited the arrival of his caramel chai late.

After finally getting approval for some time off Amberlyn headed to the UK hoping that she would finally get some time to breath, she had been pulling long shifts at her surgery, she mainly dealt with the patients who had neurological traumas but she was covering everything from broken bones to a common cold because one of the other doctors suddenly got pregnant and had to go on maternity leave urgently so all her patients for shoved into any ones empty space.
Amberlyn had walked into a café that looked sweet and warm, something she needed today, her stockings weren’t keeping her as warm as she had hoped in the miserable London day. Pushing open the door she jumped when she heard a horn blast behind her to see someone abusing a car which had almost run them over, she placed one hand over her heart which was thumping furiously inside her chest and continued inside.

Her long red hair had a slight curl to it today, it sat sweetly under her beret and cascaded onto her black jacket, she slowly swept it off her shoulder and looked at the menu board, as the customers infront of her ordered, she smiled at the girl at the counter and ordered a Chai Latte handing her cash and accepting the change before standing to the side and sorting out her money into her purse. Looking up Amberlyn saw an empty booth and walked over to it but as she sat down a man sat down at the same time opposite her, she blinked a few times, her bright blue eyes watching him. 'I’m sorry' she spoke, her voice sweet to match her smile 'I didn’t realise you were going for this table, I’ll find another' she said not wanting to make the situation awkward, she stood up and picked up her purse but fumbled and managed to drop it by her feet. Placing her hand on her forehead she listened to the coins drop on the ground and sighed 'Oh Gosh' she said softly before kneeling down to collect the stray coins from the floor.

Still humming along to the song on his ipod, Dante didn't notice the girl sit down opposite him until she was planted on the seat. Smiling at her, curious as to what was happening, he took his headphones out of his ears. It wasn't often that a girl sat down at the same table as him. Especially a girl he hadn't met before, and one that looked as attractive as she did. Her long red hair made his smile creep that little bit wider. Dante had always had a soft spot for red heads, as it reminded him of his mother. He himself had a light brown set of hair, but he was told he got that from his father. However, whenever his stubble grew long enough or his hair reflected the right way in the sun, tints of orange could be seen clearly. He frowned when she apologised to him. He didn't quite understand what the apology had been for. The scent of the chai late caught his attention, and he raised an eyebrow. It wasn't often he found someone who drank chai late's. He was liking today more and more. If only he didn't feel nervous as hell, which was typical for him in a situation like this.

Still admiring the sight of the girl, his grown grew when she said she would find another table. With sweaty palms, he knew he had to spur himself into some sort of social interaction otherwise she would leave. "Oh... You dont have to leave!" he said, his voice weak, barely above a whisper. God damn his stupid social skills. When she knocked her purse off of the table, and coins went everywhere, he smile again, not only in relief that he had avoided more talking, but in the fact that he could see she was either clumsy or nervous, both being cute traits. He hopped off of the booth, and helped her pick all of the coins up. Sliding them into her warm hand, he slid back into the booth and smiled at her, indicating the seat across from himself. "Please, join me for a drink? Its not often i find someone with such a great sense in late's." he said, indicating the late, and then instantly mentally slapping himself. 'Complementing her on her taste in drinks? Really? That was the best you could come up with?' he thought so himself, blushing slightly.

Red hair falling off her shoulders she quickly picked up the coins directly at her feet she paused when someone's warm hand was on hers placing the rest of the coins safely in her hand, she looked up at e man and smiled 'Thank you, I'm usually very good with my hands' Amberlyn paused and looked down, blushing a light pink 'I’m sorry, that's not what I meant' standing the man offered her to join him and she obliged, she had to at least explain what she had meant.

Sliding back into the booth Amberlyn smiled and looked at her hands with the money and carefully tipped it back into her purse 'I’m a doctor, is what I meant to say, so I have to be good with me hands' she added while zipping up her purse.

Chuckling softly at the girls misuse of words, Dante slid a hand through his hair, blushing softly. It had been some time since his mind had jumped into sexual thoughts, but now with the mislead comment from the girl in front of him, he couldn't help but let his mind wonder. And that was his mistake. Blushing bright red at some of the dirtier thoughts in his mind as he started at the girl, he couldn't help but feel extremely embarrassed. Raising his hands to cover his face, he separated a gap between his ring and middle fingers to provide himself with vision to still see the girl, but manage to hide and cover his cheeks. "Oh, um, no. Its fine." he said awkwardly, trying to banish the sexual thoughts he was having of the girl from his mind. "I'm a bit clumsy at times myself." he added, his hidden lips widening into a smile from behind his hands.

Clenching his hands into fists, but still keeping them pressed to his face to hide his bright red cheers, he watched the girl, a dim smile still on his face. 'Doctor', he thought to himself. That was a cool job, he supposed. Though from what he imagined from muggle television, a very busy and time consuming job. "A doctor? That sounds fairly cool." he said, his strong British accent ringing clear, "Though i'd imagine time consuming?" he added, trying to take the attention away from the awkward situation of his cheeks. "Oh, i'm Dante, by the way." he said, momentarily forgetting about his cheeks as he raised his hand out for the girl to shake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back