OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
I'm thirteen years old again, sitting in the ragged Queen Anne chair my uncle Bob gave us. It was his dead mother's. At my feet is a half empty two liter of mountain dew. The house is quiet, mum and dad are at work, older siblings passed out at their friends. I'm alone with the mountain of sketches piling up beside me. I work with a single mindedness, a line here, thin to broad shading there, until the end product is a drawing of my favorite comic book hero whom I'd later name my son after.

I watch the movie shots today and grin then laugh like a deranged school girl as I recognize a character I never thought to see on the big screen have his own movie and joined by my other favorites who meant a lot growing up in a strange house hold. Deadpool, Gambit, even that skank Emma Frost. Yeah that's right, I'll never forget where she got her start in the Hellfire club. ^_^

It's amazing to know that next month I'll be sitting in a dark movie theatre watching these beloved characters brought to life by talented actors. And when the lights dim and the opening rolls onto the screen I'll be thirteen again.

Wolverine movie

I has to be honest, this thread made a grand total of zero sense to me when you posted it. I had to read and re-read the first two paragraphs like twelve times and I still get confused just thinking about it. :p

At any rate - I look forward to seeing X-Men: Beginnings. ^_^

Tisn't supposed to make sense sir. ^_^ Was feeling nostalgic and long winded. Alas, there's me post. XD

Gambit is positively yummy I just had to say that.

Cecily Rambolt said:
Tisn't supposed to make sense sir. ^_^
Well it made my head explode and you have to clean up the mess.

I was kind of nervous when I read the topic name. I thought you were leaving or something! :o

Rhyspa Aireous said:
I was kind of nervous when I read the topic name. I thought you were leaving or something! :o
No, no. that would go in the absence area. ;)

lol well I read this earlier today and I thought it was lovely and poetical and damn right nostalgic and didn't want to add anything to it as it seemed such a personal memory. But now that others have, I can jump in too and say...

I love and have always loved Wolferine, he isn't my favourite super hero at all but he is in my top five definitely. My all time fave has always been the Silver Surfer and I know alot of people see him as an anti-hero as he goes around as the herald for Galactus but that's not always who he was. He was Norrin Randd and only became the herald to save his own planet from destruction. I guess I fell in love with the under-dog and have been doing it ever since.

I certainly nearly passed out with joy, elation, euphoria and all other modes of joyousness when the movie of the Fantastic Four with the Silver Surfer came out. Would have preferred his own movie but some day, I know it will happen. So I can empathise Cecily, Wolferine is the bomb.... totally and I too will be looking forward to seeing the movie and having a good old wolfish drool! :lol:

Gambit and Storm were my favorites! (It is Storm right? >.< )

Anyways, I'm hoping they did a good job on this movie. I thought that the third x men movie sucked majorly.

Thank you Linda, for saying it was poetic. ^_^ I too like the Silver Surfer and think it's neat that you have such an affinity with him.

Estrella, it is Storm. *nods* :lol: I remember the awesome timeline around the middle 200's of the X-Men comic books, when they all went through this strange portal an Australian aborigine opened...she went through and came back as a child and Gambit was the one to find her, the introduction of him. It was neat. :)

The third movie was soo messy. I think I liked it because of it's mess...the way that (SPOILER) professor x was just evaporated. Wow. Loved it! The Phoenix storyline was one of my major favorites in the comic book. It was sad and strange and just pushed the envelope for that time.

Awesome tradepaperback to get is Wolverine: Origins. 12 parts and it tells of his past. Tragic. ^_^

So what did you think of the movie, Livvy? I presume you saw it?
I enjoyed it, though I think the ending was a bit soon. They should have ended it a little after when they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back