OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Irene's ♥
It was a cold and early morning when Jacob Holland stepped out from his father's home. He was on a week long vacation in the U.K. Since he moved to America, he never gets to visit his father and Lila as much as he wanted. When he saw his chance of missing work, he took it without a second though. Jake sent them a letter, the very next day he was in London.

Nothing changed with his parents, they were the same. Barely aging and in good health. His father had grey hair peppered on his sides and Lila, she was a little wary. Besides that, he was happy to see that they were still in love and very supportive of each other. Liam, his younger adoptive brother was gone. Jake had heard he graduated from Scotland and decided to stay over there. Roswald was a bit vague about Liam, and Jake wonder why. Since he was here all week, Jake would ask about him more later. There was plenty time for questions, Jake was going to do everything he can on this vacation. For starters, he went out early to visit a coffee shop he enjoyed so much going to when he was younger. He was please to see the shop was still around. Jake order breakfast and sat down to wait until it was finished.
<i></i>

After having her solo vacation in New Zealand, Irene decided to fly to UK to visit her family before the second semester started. Her parents called to ask her if she would not be visiting them this year. The background noise of her nieces and nephews convinced the librarian to visit them for one week. The former Durmstrang arrived home in the morning. With the folks still sleeping,she decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. She was amazed to see the place still looked new despite some new paint and small shops here and there.

Turning at the next block,Irene was surprised to see the cafe she frequented when she was still a student. Entering the shop,she walked toward the front amd ordered brekafast. She looked around to find some people already there and an empty table closer to another being occupied by a familiar person. She made her way to the empty table and took a seat,facing the other person.

Jake distracted himself with a weekly newsletter posted up front. He took one before sitting down and was reading through the many articles. One in particular was column on adopted agency for dogs nearby. He thought it was nice and clever how they wrote about a deaf puppy. He read on and pass the time with the story. Then two names were called out for their orders. Jake was one of them and the other he sat still for that name. Irene? Jake looked around the tiny coffee shop. There were chairs and tables on the other side. But the person he was looking for was sitting directly across from him.

Jake stood up as his name was called out again, and hers too. He did an awkward small wave when he notice her. Jake try his art of avoiding her but he didn't think it was right. He grown so much from the last time he saw her. He learn a lot and could say he matured enough. "Irene? Is that really you?" He tries to act surprise, in which case he was. Jake took his tray with him and his cup coffee back to his table. But he took his time, he didn't want to be rude.

Irene passed her time looking outside the window and occupied herself with all the same things she saw or the new things she found. After her eyes had her fill of the sights,she was about to let her eyesgaze around the interior of the shop and its customers when she heard a name that sounded strangely,though a bit painfully,familiar. This name was followed her name. The man across her table stood up the same moment as she did. Not looking at in his direction,she went to the counter to claim her order. Shaking her head, she thought it was just name since it was a common one.

Making her way back to her table,she vaguely noticed the man across her making his way to his table again.So he is Jake.,the librarian thought. Just as she was about to dismiss the thought, a voice spoke out,saying her name. She froze,her tray already set on the table. Looking up,her eyes met Jacob Holland's - she must admit- still handsome figure. He looked different but still strangely familiar. "Jake.",was all came out of her mouth. Many years had passed since they parted but she could not deny that this man still held a place in her life.

It was a combination of awkward glancing, and both parties setting their tray on different tables. Jake smiles when she speaks his name. A blush rising against his cheeks. The softness in her voice was not what he was expecting from her when he thinks about the last time he saw her. Jake grabbed a hold of his tray, deciding boldly to take the seat across from her. "Mind if I?" Jake didn't wait for a reply. There was no evidence she was here with someone else. He thought it was the polite thing to do when you haven't seen an old friend in ages. "Forgive me for being so crass, but we haven't spoken in a long time and just thought you can use some company?" He baited. If she decline, he'll totally respect her wishes. It didn't hurt to try and be civil as adults? It can only go wrong if he let them go wrong.

"So, h-how you've been? How's life treating you?" He asked after clearing his throat some.

The memories they had together came crashing like a strong wave inside Irene's mind as she settled her gaze on Jacob's face. They may have parted in bad terms but this did not mean that she should harbour ill feelings toward her former boyfriend. Many years had passed and they both grew out of their childish antics. It was high time that they started over as friends who had never seen each other for a long time.

Her eyes still on Jacob, she noticed a slight blush creeping on his cheeks. Smiling inwardly, she observed as he grabbed his tray and closed the few steps from his table to hers before asking her if he could join her. She was about to give assent when Jacob, as always, did not wait for one. She was about to be sass about when the next words that came out of his mouth stopped her. Afterall, he was right that she was alone and it was indeed a long time. "Yeah, sure.", she replied with a smile of her own as she slid into her seat before facing him.

The librarian was about to take a bite of her pancakes when Jacob asked her a question. She looked up, gave him another smile before shrugging her shoulders. "I've been great. I did not pursue being an auror actually.", her voice trailed off, remembering a bitter memory connected to that. Shaking her head to clear her mind, she perked up for her companion’s benefit,"Now, I am working as a librarian in Hogwarts New Zealand." She finally took a bite of her pancakes. She returned the question to Jacob."How have you been? You weren't living your life like a wolf, were you?", adding the last part as an attempt of a joke.

Jacob chuckles. He liked how she was coming off, nonchalant and what not. Something he never really did get to experience from her back then, when they were dating at Drumstrang. "Thanks. I am visiting my parents this week and they were still sleeping." That reminded him he should be buying breakfast before he left this place. He did promise his dad last night that he would bring something around for them in the morning. By the time he had washed up and got dress, there was no sign of them coming out of their bedroom. Jacob had slipped out quietly and here he was. Sitting across Irene, digging into a plate of hash brown and scramble eggs.

Jacob took his time chewing his breakfast as he listen. He frown a little, motioning with his fork. "Seriously? What a career shift. But I'm sure you can do it all." Jake laughs and shakes his head. "No. I train quidditch players in America. It's a lot of work most day, but fun. Then during the off season I'm climbing mountains and exploring new places." Jake discloses. Besides his parents and Maddiie, Jake hadn't really told many about what he does. He lived almost a secret life at times. Jake cupped his coffee, taking sips and then placing the cup right to his side. "Not all that special."

The librarian nodded as she listened to Jacob talk about him visiting the parents. Apparently,they were back in UK for the same reason. Same just like how they both woke up early to gey breakfast for the household. Thankfully,she had already ordered it along with her pancakes and just asked the cafe to prepare it half an hour later."Same here. Although,my nephews and nieces were the ones who wanted me to come home.",she laughed softly. She could not explain what her heart was doing as she looked at him digging into his breakfast. They ate meals together back in Durmstrang and he was still the same then when it came to food. Unconsciously,it brought a smile to her lips as she took another bite of her pancakes followed by a sip on her coffee.

When Irene mentioned the auror thing,she could not help the raise of her eyebrow. His reaction was not she was expecting,given the fact that he was partly the reason of the shift in career. She remembered not focusing on her trainings,almost getting killed in one of their practices. The final nail on the coffin was when she went to a raid with the aurors that she almost got killed. "Seriously?"Is that all you could say?",she could not help but ask him. She was almost deaf to what he had been doing just because of that one word.

"Oh that's nice. They miss having you around then?" Jake more than likely admitted he was strangely feeling the same way. It was taking a lot in him not to make a fool of himself. He tried not to say the wrong thing or possibly upset her. Being around guys all the day, you're guaranteed to make that mistake. And it seems like he just did. Jake dropped his fork, and grabbed a hold of napkins. "Wait a second, ah?" Jake was mentally kicking himself and attempt to walk back anything he said that might of come as offensive.

"Whoa, whoa. No, I meant that as a good thing. Do you know how hard it is to become an auror?" Jake said as tried to correct himself. "I bet you had to go through this long and brutal process. My dad used to work for the ministry and let me just say, he always said it wasn't easy." Jake went on. "I wasn't trying to say anything bad, Irene. I'm sorry." Jake apologized. Jake wouldn't pick up his fork again. He wouldn't feel right to continue eating with Irene if she were still upset with the guy.

A smile crept up Irene's face upon hearing Jacob's warm voice when they talked about family."Yeah. They were not used to me not coming home this year.",she replied softly,stirring coffee as she did. She would not admit to the man that the first few years she kept coming home was to have hope of bumping into him again. When her nieces and nephews came,it was also that time that she lost hope and focused her attention and love to the kids. But now,unceremoniously, fate decided to cross their paths.

Irene still had a lot to say,almost to the point of breaking down. However,seeing and hearing Jacob explain himself made her realize that they were both past this stage. She leaned back on her chair and crossed her arms giving him a bland smile. She was not harbouring ill feelings toward her former boyfriend but she would take this opportunity to tell him that,"Being an auror is hard,I get that.I experienced it firsthand and I was prepared for it." Looking at him in the eye,Irene could not stop herself from being teary-eyed."What I was not prepared for was that Scits are not your only enemies out there.Even emotions....caused by certain people...especially when those emotions break you.... can kill you."She spoke the last sentence slowly,never brwaking eye contact. She willed herself not to break down and even smiled all the time she was speaking.

Jacob sighed, leaning over the table with just his palm and elbow to support him. Perhaps he was too bold when approaching her? Perhaps he should've just said hello and went about his way? He'd avoid getting mentally slapped out of nowhere, but it was meant to happen with him. He hadn't avoid commitment for nothing. From where he sat, it sounded as if she held all this in all these years. "There nothing I can say that can make up for what I did. Not a sorry word in the world can fix it." He bowed his head down, he felt utterly completely worthless at the moment. "If I could go back in time, I would, but somehow I know I would screw it up again. I was still learning, and I'm still am."

Jake wanted to visit his family often, meet more friends like Irene to see how they were doing. This didn't discourage him all, despite feeling terrible. If that meant getting told how much of asshat he really was back then, well he'll take it. Every amount of that needed to be serve to him, if it made them feel better. He'll take it. Jake held up strong, then reached out for her hand. "You didn't deserve any of it, none it from me. Again, I would go back and kick my own ass if I could. Though it would cause a glitch in time and I'd probably wouldn't exist anymore." Jake teased. When all else fails, go for joking around and self decapitation. Whatever it takes, he'll try it to make her feel at lease a bit better.

The woman contemplated standing up from the table and walked away. This encounter was still premature for Irene. She thought they could be civil or even start anew. She had her arms crossed as she waited for the old Jake to come through. Cold,yet hurt,eyes bore into him,as if willing him to snap back and blame her. The unexpected happened. At least for Irene.Jacob bowed his head down,shoulders slumped,seemingly defeated. The words that came out of his mouth tugged on her heart. Instinctively,she uncrossed her arms,leaned forward to reach a hand as if to run it through his hair yet she pulled it back before it happened. She released a soft sigh,regretting the words she spat out.

Irene softened at Jacob's demeanor. Gone was the boy who would just throw words back to defend himself and not own up to his mistakes. In front of her was a man who admitted defeat without bothering to defend himself. She was about to reach for him the second time when Jake grasped her hand. Listening to his words,Irene was even more convinced to give this,whatever it was,a second shot."Oh,Jake.",she started to say when his last few words came out as a joke.She struggled to remain blank but a soft laugh slipped out. She slapped his hands with her other hand before covering them with her own."Going back to the past is unnecessary. Time turners are complicated to obtain.",she jokingly said. Looking into his eyes,"And...this Jake I see now?",she leaned closer over the table,"I like it better.",she finished in a soft whisper,a smile on her lips. Her first smile only for the man who had always had her heart.

He really was sorry, sorry for a whole lot more he's sure of it. Over the years, he's forgotten so many things he done. There no telling what he's blocked out, so he can mentally make it through the day. Fortunately for him, coaching has kept him busy, almost all year round. Jacob dedicated all his time to managing and improving his players. Not the easiest job in the world, and yet he'd decline any other who'd approach him and take him away from his team. "So I've heard." She instantly became softer and gentle, a side of Irene he probably missed seeing years ago. When his stupidity and arrogance controlled him. Growing out of that stage of his life came when he had company he dislike, and well, getting rid of them had been the ultimate struggle for Jake.

"Okay, okay. Please, don't say you forgive me already." He tease her some more. He thinks he should work to get back in her good grace, if there was ever a second chance of being near her again. "How about this? Since, we're both still here all week, maybe we can get together and really catch up?" The man suggested. "We can do anything you like? My treat!" He offered the brunette. Jake, casually thought of some ideas they can both get into. Possibly a tour of some sort, something fun and exciting. He's seriously lacking in that department. Jake gave her a gentle squeeze, smiling as the disappointment seem to be disappearing within him. "You're too good of a person, do you know that? How am I so lucky to have known you and had been so stupid..." He trailed off, unable to finish off what he was saying.

Irene almost laughed at Jacob's attempt of a joke. She would not admit it to him but he sure knew how to make her smile. He always did before. When the man teased her whether she forgave him already, she responded with a playful glare. They may be both in the mid-30s, but together, they acted like children. It seemed like it was already natural for them do this teasing game. She was about to answer him about her forgiving him but he already suggested them spending time together. To top it all, it would be his treat. The woman would never pass an opportunity like that.Plus, this was what Irene had wanted years ago. To be able to see him again. Again, she would not tell the man that."I was about to say I already forgave you. Years ago, actually. Just needed to get it out of my chest.", she laughed as she watched Jake's reaction to this. "But hearing you like this, this is too good to be ignored.", she added with a teasing laugh. Two could play at this teasing game. "Anything I like, right?", she asked him, a challenge in her tone. Squeezing his hand back, she could not help but admit,"Seriously, Jake. we don't need to do anything special. Spending time with you again is already enough for me.", a soft smile graced her lips as she looked down at their hands, shyness finally won over the confident woman.

Irene's heart was tugged when she heard Jake compliment her. He had complimented her way too much already. She became like this because of him. He hurt him, yes, but the time they had and the care he showed to her, shaped her into who she was today. Hearing him describe himself stupid made Irene squeezed his hand much tighter. "Let me hear you refer to yourself stupid, I swear I would leave you here right now.",she threatened with a smile. "I could even kiss you senseless if that's what you want too.",she muttered under her breath, a pink color slowly rising to her cheeks. She was hoping Jake would not hear that last bit as she finished her coffee to cover her embarrassment. Thankfully, the server came to their table, bringing the breakfast that she ordered which she would bring home. Thanking the server, she checked the bag, ensuring that everything including the syrup for her nieces and nephews. Actually, she was avoiding her gaze at Jake, worried that he might have heard the last part of her sentence.

It was too easy for Jake. He would never have class Irene as weak, or anything near to that. And he like to think he'd had been special to someone. To anyone. That he had lived in their memories and not died with the past. Irene, she's incredible. She was forgiven, because honestly he hadn't thought she would if he ever saw her again. As encouraging her openness and willingness to forgive him so, this Jake wouldn't take advantage of her that way. This Jake, mature, almost forty Jake, like to take his time with things. Even things as such as this, with them, their fragile pieces had to mend before it becomes whole again. And as he sort this and all this feelings for the woman he let get away, her words cause the rosiness in his cheeks to rise. He tried to hide by looking down, and casually squeezing his jaw to shield his face. The effort was useless when the woman he hurt ones was smiling like the first time they met. Back in Drumstrang, when all seemed innocent and harmless in their eyes. Jake reminded of those time again.

"You would want that?" The man recovered, grinning his boyish smile. Of course she would, so Irene of her. He teased, she wasn't very good at whispering. Jake stood up as their server brought over the meal that each of them order for their families back home. Jake checked his bag, and generously tipped for the both of them. Then he took Irene by the hand, and walked her out of the small cafe shop. Jake squeezed her delicate digits lightly. "In due time, for now, I'll see you again, maybe later on? I'll come and pick you up." The man smiles gently, then, cautiously he leans over to give her a short, but sweet kiss. "I'm not letting you forgive me that easy. I care what you say but I was wrong for what I did..." Jake would say, then back away from her touch. He turns slowly, grinning, "I'll see you later. Alright? Remember, my treat."

Irene saw Jake's cheeks colored. This brought the woman satisfaction that she still had that effect on him. However, she was proud that both of them had come a long way. They still acted the same when they were together but the way they deal with their emotions and words as they conversed had changed.In a good way. Better, even. This was why she was willing to give him a chance. The two of them a chance. If not for love then for friendship. All these thoughts in her mind as she studied Jake as if trying to commit his face to memory. His strong jaw, how he squeezed it to conceal his face. She laughed lightly at this.

The table had turned when Jake was sporting his boyish smile. Typical Jake caught what she was muttering. He knew her too well and seemed to be in tune with what she was saying and even muttering. It was her turn to turn rosy red at his question. She did not have the chance to answer, thankfully, as the server came to their table. Jake stood up and tipped him for both of them. Smiling her gratitude to him, Irene was surprised when he took her hand and led the way outside. Her hand was enjoying the warmth his hand was giving. They stood outside facing each other and she admitted that she loved what she was seeing in front of her. She smiled when Jake made plans of seeing her again. He really meant it and it would be later, not days later.Like later in the evening. "Later is perfect.", she answered softly as she looked at their joined hands. Irene felt Jake shifted and she looked up to see him lean toward her with care. She appreciated how he thought of his actions this time. A short sweet kiss was shared between them. "Oh, Jake. Now you are being cheesy.", she laughed,teasing him. She was glad that he was making an effort on this though. Just as he parted from her reach, turning slowly and made the promise to see her later in the evening, Irene quickly closed the distance and hugged him from behind, wrapping her arms around his torso. "Thanks, Jake. Just so you know, I am looking forward to tonight.", she sighed in contentment, excited all the same.

Jake laughs, not even seconds away from her and she decided to hug him from behind. "Yeah, me too." Jake touched one of her arm, almost hugging her back in some odd way. "Listen, both our families are waiting and I have to tell my parents the good news." Jake laughs again, spinning around in place. "Unless you want to go out now, which I highly recommend we don't." The man pointed under his pits, "Gotta shower, gotta get ready for later on. It doesn't have to me anything big, but remember it's whatever you want." He making it such a big deal out of this and he should be. Felt like he should me doing way more, beyond the norms. He sighed happily, "Please, I want to make this right for the first time. In a long time." Jake says while he grabs hold of her hand, gently squeezing her some more. "Will you let me?"

Irene sighed in contentment as she felt the vibration caused by Jacob's laughter. She tightened her hold when she felt him hugged her arm as well. She nodded when the man told her about their families waiting. When he mentioned good news, she did not need to ask what it pertained to since the only good thing happening to him today was them together. He turned back around to face her and made a joke of being a woman needing a shower. She blushed at the thought of a freshly showered Jake. Shaking her head in amusement, she nodded the second time. Jake asked her to let him do it right this time. For the first time. She wanted to tell him that it was unnecessary but seeing his face and the emotions he was not hesitant to show, she had to give him credit for it. Squeezing his hand,"Alright. I'll let you.",she finally gave in. She stepped up to give him a sweet kiss on the lips."Laters then, wolf boy.",she softly said as she stepped back. Waving goodbye at Jake, she turned around and started the walk home with a smile that could never be erased. Her parents would be ecstatic to hear this and she was psyched for the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back