It's all my fault

Kari tried to kiss her back, but a grown escaped his lips. He rolled over on his side, breathing deeply. He gave her a weak smile to try and show that he was okay. He cleared his throat so he could speak. His voice was weak and monotonus. "Maybe you should go love."

Sarah heard his groan. He was having another attack. She wanted more then anything to stay, but if he wanted her to go, she would leave. "Are you sure?" She asked, just to be positive.

He pulled her close to him, his strong arms strangely weak. He sighed. "I can't stand seeing you hurt, it makes me sick." His muscles contracted as he said it, causing the end of his sentence to be lost.

"Kari, I'm fine, i just want to be here with you!" She said with a frown. She wrapped her arms loosely around him. She just wanted his pain to end.

He held her closer. Despite his efforts to be gentle, when the next wave of pain hit, his fingers dug into his back. He growled, the burning in his gut sending electricity up his spine. Another wave hit, this time he was able to flatten his hands, so he didn't hurt her, He buried his face against her chest, tears streaming down his cheek.

As he gripped her, she clenched her teeth and bared it. She wrapped her arms around him and stroked his hair. "Shh, it'll be okay, i promise." The second time he kept his hands flat and hugged her. It hurt a bit because of her tattoo, but she would bare anything for him.

Kari gasped as another wave hit him, Then his world went dark. He stopped feeling the pain as badly, all he could feel was the warmth of Sarah beside him. He stopped breathing as hard, his body went lax.

She hugged him as he seemed to relax. Seh had to make sure eh was breathing, and he was. she smiled and held him close to her, humming a small lullabye

Kari could hear soft music, a linting song. He sighed, his pain forgotten. He felt so tired, but for some reason he was afraid to fall asleep. Sleepily he tried to open his eyes, but he had a hard time keeping them open.

She noticed Kari's eyes begin to open. "Shh, Kari, sleep." She said humming after she finnished the sentence. She knew he must have been tired.

He did as she commanded, falling fast asleep, everything forgotten.

Sarah smiled, rocking him slowly. She was glad his pain had ceased. She laid her head gently on his, smiling with tears in her eyes.

After a while Kari began to wake up, his body felt stiff, and complained with each movement. He could feel Sarah's arms still wrapped around his. She smiled leaning against her some. "Hey." He said with a low husky voice. He hadn't realized how weak he sounded before he spoke. He still felt bad for calling out Liz's name. He missed her, but he loved Sarah far more than that.

Sarah felt him stir a bit and loosened her grip on him. She smiled and looked at him, sure that the redness from crying had gone away. "Hey yourself, baby." She said in a soft and loving tone. She leaned down and kissed his forehead.

It was hard to make his lips work, most of his body felt numb. He sighed, looking up at her with a child's eyes. "I'm sorry Sarah."

She kissed his forehead again. "It's okay, sweety." How could she be mad at him, she loved him too much.

Kari drew her into his embrace, his arms slowly gaining back their strength. He smiled as he kissed the top of her head, smelling her shampoo in her hair.

Sarah smiled at him and kissed his lips quickly. She loved the feeling of his arms around her. She would never be able to leave him, she just couldn't.

"So.." Kari began as he pushed a lock of hair out of her face. "Do you have any plans for today love?"

She smiled at him as he talked. His voice was normal; beautiful. "Nope. Ever since Angela left i haven't done anything." She smiled at him and flicked the strand down, just wanting him to push it away again.

Kari chuckled and brushed the strand back up, keeping his hand on top of it so he could stroke her soft hair as he talked. His other arm looped across her waist. "We could go out, I heard they opened up some new places but I haven't checked them out yet." He planted a kiss on top of her head.

"Really, you don't mind being seen with me looking like this?" She asked. She thought she was a mess. Sarah smiled at him and kissed his cheek. She didn't know what she would do without Kari.

Kari snorted and raised one eyebrow. "Looking like what? Amazingly beautiful?" He gave her a light kiss. "I don't see why I would mind that."

She smiled, "do you mean that?" She stood up, unlinking his arms from around her. "Well if you are up to it, let's go!" She smiled at him, holding her hand out.

Before they reached the door Kari pulled her back in his arms. "Of course I mean it. You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." He gave her a nice long kiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back