Item Ninety-Nine

Callum Copperworth

Cal threw down the paperwork in his office as though it had personally insulted his grandmother. He considered setting it alight with his wand, but he settled for stubbing out his cigarillo in the middle of the scattered sheets. His patchy, red-leather chair creaked as he leaned into it, rubbing his forehead irritably. Technically, he was expecting a Floo call in another fifteen minutes, which was why he was wasting his time faffing about in the office instead of monitoring the auction he was supposedly hosting downstairs.
Atlantis City was the name of Callum Copperworth's newest 'little venture', as he called it. For a little venture, an established four-star hotel under his new ownership was daring, indeed, but he'd never been called a coward when it came to business. It was pure luck that the London outer-city building had come into his hands. It was a classic case of him knowing a fellow who knew a fellow who knew a fellow who happened to want to sell up and move to the Bahamas, and there Cal was with greedy palms wide open and a pocket full of galleons. The deed was legitimate, and so were the coins, but his method of acquiring them was somewhat questionable. Jokes aside, Callum had never done a day's work in his life, and this whole 'owner of fancy hotel' thing was starting to become tedious.
Atlantis was this morning's venue for an estate clearance auction. It was filled with fancy pricks in stuffed suits, and sleek, beautiful old witches with faces slathered in anti-wrinkle potions. Some of them had done Cal a solid, unintentionally, by bringing their bored children who had too much money and time on their hands, so it would have been worth his time to be there chatting them up. He flirted well enough with the rich boys, but it was the rich women he'd usually wine and dine for the evening. They'd usually clutch at him like a lifeline, desperate to escape the monotony of tapping gavels and unfilling finger-foods.
"Sod it," muttered Callum under his breath, and pushed his chair back hard enough that it tipped over. He ignored the clunk it made as it hit the floor. He was already at the elevator by the time the manager had caught up to him.
"Mr Copperworth!" said the pale, freckly thirty-year old who ran The City's day-to-days. Cal shuddered to himself at being addressed by his (abysmal) surname.
"What."
Mr Wilkes squeezed himself into the one-person elevator beside him. Callum adjusted the cuffs of his tweed suit and did not look up. Their ride could not go fast enough. He pressed the button to the first floor, and Mr Wilkes reluctantly pressed for the lobby. He'd been trying to catch his employer all day, and had had a cleaner watch Cal's office door for when he unlocked it and finally emerged.
"Sir, the water company has called, and they're issuing a final notice about the third floor pipes. If the plumbing in room eighty-two doesn't stop backing up, they've said-"
"Mr Wilkes."
"Yes, Sir?"
Callum watched the lights move (slowly, too slowly) between levels.
"Have I ever told you what a wonderful job you do here, for me?"
Mr Wilkes, suddenly looking much younger than his years, beamed at him. Cute enough, for a ginger, thought Callum. Oh yes, that's why I hired him. "Yes, Sir, every day!" said The City's manager.
"Great. Now, you hold onto that heart-warming thought for another, say, three hours, whilst I go and entertain the lovely people at Davids and Davids Auctions before they start pocketing the silverware and spitting in my plant pots."
Mr Wilkes' face was worth putting off the water company for one more day. Callum pinched his cheek, grinned handsomely, then exited the elevator at precisely the right moment so that his manager was left forlornly traveling to the ground floor.

What a waste of a good walk. The auction items were abysmally non-magical, the patrons plain, and Callum had half a mind to fire their new caterer. He flicked an olive off of his vol-au-vent and tried to appear as though he at least wanted to sample it. Cal was lounging on the small bar in a room just off the 'auction hall', which was usually just a parlour, when something he heard made him cough out a piece of pastry.
"Richard Shaggington, a pleasure to meet you,"
Callum dropped the vol-au-vent onto the bar and craned his neck through the doorway to catch sight of the ridiculous person who'd been blessed with the most hilarious name he'd ever heard. Merlin's Knickers, the man was beautiful. This was the world's idea of a cosmic joke. Callum began to snicker, loudly enough that he received a few dirty looks from his fancy little cash-cows. He scowled right back, and kept looking at the walking Statue of David.

Felix Overton had been in the United Kingdom for just under two weeks, and to say he had been bored was an understatement. That was, until last night, when Emmanuel had suggested that the entire troupe (or at least everyone who wished) come together for a drink, and so they did. It did not take long before crazy stories of past experiences in the area were passed around, until Felix realised that he really had nothing interesting to tell about his adventures in this particular location. Such a thing had to be remedied. At first, he was thinking of something a little less outrageous, but with a few drinks under his belt and his confidence overreaching itself, the light-hearted joke had somehow developed into a full-blown battle-plan. Now, Felix found himself bound by his honour to enter this four-star hotel successfully, and shamelessly flirt (and probably do so much more) with the first person he saw, and once that was done, leave with the most expensive thing he could fit in his jacket pocket (which was also stolen). As his brothers teasingly said, if anyone could get away with something so outrageous, it would be the blonde himself.

He stood just outside of the hotel, and readjusted the suit he wore. He felt like some rich b!tch. He looked like some rich b!tch. He looked exactly like the kind of guy that he and his brothers would stir to high heavens, and then take everything that he owned. He had shined the absolute sh!t out of his shoes to the point that he nearly blinded Mitica, and pressed a few of the buttons flat. He felt expensive, and by God did he look it. Such an impressive, and downright pompous suited needed an equally pompous name, which had been so generously crafted by his brothers. He licked his lips, reminding himself of the name he had been assigned by his brothers (after much debate, with Mitica's suggestion winning over Robin's absolutely hilarious one) and entered the hotel with a confidence that was rare, even for him.

The first person that caught his attention also happened to be the only person that reacted to his false name similarly to Felix when he first heard it (except Felix had nearly choked on his firewhiskey while he was at it, and managed to pour it all over Stefan). It was decided, this one would be forced to deal with Felix's affections, and for simplisities sake he hoped that it would all go smoothly. He could easily rob the place during a fight - it might even make things easier - but he was dressed so nicely. He was sure the stolen suit that hugged him o-so nicely would suffer in such an event. Fortunately for Felix, he was also one of the more attractive patrons. There were a few stunning women and equally stunning men, but they all had up-held noses and that terrible nasal voice that rang through his ears with every word. How uptight. How irritating. How damn rich each and every one of them sounded. Perhaps money twisted the voice, or maybe they only wanted the desperate to be drawn to them for their money, because their person was leaving nothing to be desired.

Having now reached the bar, Felix grinned at the tall, dark and very handsome man in front of him, before plucking the vol-au-vent from the bar, and offering it back to him. "You dropped this," he said. He took a quick survey of the other patrons, who all seemed to be trying to politely make no comment on his name, before looking back at the man. "Something amusing, Mister...?" Please have a stupid name, please have a stupid name.

Cutie McSexypants was coming his way, and Callum's left eyebrow began to rise into his dark hairline. Hopefully he wasn't coming to give Cal an earful. He didn't think he could handle that kind of drama in this fussy room. Every single person would stare and mutter ... Actually, that might make for an entertaining afternoon. He tracked the young man's winding through the throng until he reached the bar, standing right in front of the hotel's owner with a fearless look on his face, and offered him his own discarded vol-au-vent. Callum couldn't help it: he wrinkled his nose and removed the pastry from the 'David's hand.
"Have you actually tasted these?" he commented, flicking the poorly-made finger food neatly into the bin behind the bar. Felix might have wondered how he knew it was there, or maybe that he simply didn't care where it landed.
"You might use it to grease up a candlestick, but they're not fit for more than that. Here," said Callum, throwing a half-grin at the short wizard before turning to the barman.
"A Lucille, please, and easy on the ginger." The staff didn't even ask for a payment, and he slanted his eyes down at Felix.
"You can just call me Cal- and what should I call you? Richard?" he intoned drolly.
The cocktail he ordered was made swiftly enough; he only had time to reconfirm McSexypants' name before the glass clinked on oak paneling, the result of which he passed to Felix. "There. That should be more to your tastes. There's nothing in here worth consuming except alcohol, and to get through this kind of societal drivel, you're to have a lot. That should be refreshing enough. It's just as sharp and deceptive as its name. It's sweet, but don't down it in one go, you'll be hurling into the letter bins if you do."
Said wisdom passed, Callum turned back to face the unknown participant in their new conversation. He was silently measuring himself against the other man. Good frame, behind that (expensive, barely worn) suit. The breadth of his shoulders tapered to a deliciously narrow waist that he wanted to take in his arms, but that would hardly be sporting, would it? It was all about the chase, and by the look in the other man's eye, he knew all about it.

</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">Felix rolled his head to the side and pouted slightly, his brown eyes looking up at the taller man as he took the vol-au-vent and flicked it away seemingly without a care in the world. Considering he had literally just walked into the place, no, he hadn't had the chance to taste anything - but he would love to change that, should time and his new companion here allow. He was growing to like the man. Not only was he attractive in that experienced, silver-fox fashion, but Felix doubted he knew who he was dealing. To Felix, he seemed to have a sort of stick wedged up rather high and he was going to enjoy taking it out. He pressed against the bar a little more, hopping on a stool and swinging gently as a drink was ordered for him, after laughing at the description of the food. To be frank, he was one to give anything a try at least twice before deciding he didn't like it. Absolutely anything. He attempted to appear neutral to the behaviour between his mysterious silver fox and the bar tender, who sought no pay. In order for Felix to get that sort of treatment, it usually required a bit of flirting. Someone was certainly important around here.

At the thought of being called Richard, Felix's nose crinkled. He couldn't very well be called by his proper name, as there was no reason for it, but Richard? That definitely wouldn't do at all. He smiled pleasantly, and flicked his fringe out of his eyes. "Please, I prefer... ****," he replied, before finding that the ordered drink had already arrived. He had no idea who 'Cal' was, but clearly he wasn't some bum like him that had crept in to play a game with all the fancy folk, yet he doubted he was quite as bad as Mrs. Broadshire and Mr. Merriweather over to their left talking about the age of one of the ugly plates for sale - and from what he could gather, there were enough zeros taped on the end of it to enable him to cover the entire debt of every person he knew seven times over.

He collected the drink in his hand. Cal was correct, however, anything alcoholic was to Felix's taste. However, he had never had a Lucille, and at being told not to down it in one go, he really, really wanted to, but if Cal's description was right, it would not do to be doubled over throwing his stomach up. That would probably be the most unattractive thing he could possibly do, and would surely put a dampener on his plans. So, he took the advice of his companion, and sipped at it like he was a fledgling to alcohol altogether. He puckered his lips before licking the flavour of the drink from them. "Hmm. Very nice indeed," he replied. He swayed a little, turning his chair left and right slowly.

"So Cal," he began, grinning just enough to bring out his dimples. "Are you here for something in particular, or are you just here to engage in some 'societal drivel' and get a few drinks under your belt?"​

The sway of the man's hips as he turned in his seat was sinuous, and Callum watched with his head tilted to one side, not in the least bit embarrassed.
"'****' it is, then," he said slowly, leaning on the bar like a sun-lazy cat. "I'm glad you like the drink." He himself ordered a Glenlivet on the rocks, and it arrived promptly enough for him to take a sip in between sentences. "I'm not sure if I should be offended that you think I'm part of this slack-jawed, over-powdered mishmash of bigwigs, but I can assure you I'm only here to laugh," Callum said, lifting his nose a little at the group of witches and wizards through the archway. "And admire," he nodded his head at Felix. "And supervise," he finished with a sigh.
"This is my hotel, actually. It's not the Ritz, but it's not the Leaky Cauldron, either," said the owner of Atlantis City, looking melodramatically forlorn as though he was stuck shoveling pig muck instead of drinking a very good scotch in his own building.

It was all for show, of course, his complaining and witticisms. Callum was all bark and no bite, there to entertain and nothing more. If he'd been chatting to the Mrs Broadshire, he would have been swirling a martini and gossiping about the latest fox hunt like he was born to it. It seemed to work well enough, for the older ladies tended to crowd when he wasn't hiding by the bar, and the men guffawed and offered their pipes like he was one of them. He was not. Callum was a puppeteer.
"Don't judge me too harshly yet," he grinned at the slim wizard who was enjoying what he probably did not realise was very expensive tequila. "I can say these things because the auctions are going swimmingly. Believe you me, if we were losing galleons, I'd be all powdered up with them and kissing arses like they were smeared with honey." How a man like him could be both eloquent and vulgar with such unashamed dramatics was anyone's guess.

Felix covered his momentary surprise with his drink, and slowed his twirling on the chair. Holy f&%k. Of all the pompous magicals within these walls, he just so happened to find himself chatting up the owner of the joint. He wasn't sure if that was a brilliant twist of fate, or a terrible one. Truth be told, he had started finding this guy hilarious, but now that he realised he was the owner of the joint, that meant that everything he was marking up for... 'borrowing', would be a personal offence to the man just in front of him. He sized Cal up, trying to decide just how p!ssed off he would be tomorrow when he realised that some very expensive items were to find themselves repurposed. He had a solid build, quite tall, broad shoulders. Definitely worth sticking around to watch him blow up at some poor sucker, but that would be very unwise for him. Fortunately, he doubted there would be any direct link between himself and the stolen objects, and La Grande. He didn't want Mr. Cal over here burning the tents down looking for his lost items (that wouldn't be there by weeks' end), otherwise Baba would have his head and probably demand he find a way to pay for everything.

He shrugged to himself and smiled at Cal - it wasn't like La Grande was going to be sticking around much longer, if he wanted to try finding Felix again, he would be sorely disappointed. "Well, I think it's rather charming." He gestured around them with one hand. "Where else could you find old ladies that smell as bad as their dead husbands, coupled with a man with such eloquent speech as yourself, hm?" He sipped his drink once more, all signs of surprise now gone. In any case, it was much nicer than what Felix was used to - but he preferred his colourful tents and overly-friendly circus than all of this, as Cal had so eloquently put it, slack-jawed, over-powdered mishmash of bigwigs. He'd have to remember that one.

He sat up slightly with his eyebrows raised, as if to ask Cal why he shouldn't judge him harshly, before snickering as Cal explained himself. It really was a pity he was going to be furious by time tomorrow began. He then tsked, and put his drink onto the bar, before folding his arms across his chest, still retaining his dimpled smile. "Ah, I see. So, I get the arrogant, yet charming owner, whilst everyone else gets the kiss-arse? You offend me, Cal."

"Oh, well that's very kind of you," purred Callum, rolling out his baritone to the fullest extent. The young man was certainly being receptive to his charms and while that was slightly suspicious, the hotel owner was so impossibly bored that if Richard had pulled out a stack of fireworks and started setting them off, Cal might have just joined in with a party popper.
"So you wanted your arse kissed," he added, more as a statement than a question. "I'm sure I can accommodate." The other man was matching him head to head for innuendo, which wasn't something he got to enjoy very often since most people either couldn't keep up or made the game too easy. "However, you'll have to let me in on a few more of your charms if I'm to find anything worth brown-nosing for. Like I said," he jerked his thumb at a skinny-waisted proprietor, "You need the honey with these guys."
The woman he so impolitely indicated to happened to turn around just after he'd finished and caught him looking at her. She simpered and smiled, and Cal saluted her with his glass of scotch. The forty-something year old woman actually giggled, and clip-clopped away in her overpriced heels to gush to a friend.

"Ew," commented Callum childishly, and downed the scotch in one go. The empty glass he slid across the surface back to the bartender, who caught it, clearly used to his dramatis personae. "Too easy. I mean sometimes you don't want to have to work, but some people give it up like they're skulking in taverns. At least have some fun first, you know?" he commented to Richard, still watching the woman. She was all elbows and knees.
"She needs a cheeseburger," he decided, and to punctuate the point but completely unexpectedly, he wrapped his left arm around Felix's waist and pulled him into his chest. The bartender actually rolled his eyes and went to turn on the music. Callum was a dancing person when he was a bit squiffy. "Care for a turn of the room?" Cal asked jovially, plucking the man's drink out of his hand. "Don't worry, there's more where that came from," he reassured him in a stage whisper.

He sipped at his Lucille and leant on the bar a little. He still wanted to skull it, but controlled himself through the means of distraction, and Cal was a very fine one indeed. The man's voice could melt butter, and if Felix didn't have a bet to finish, he would have sat and listened to him talk all day. He blinked lazily, lips curling slightly above the edge of his glass as he continued. Felix was trying to tone himself down, seeing as he was at least going to attempt to blend in with the very folk he was planning on stealing from. The pompous, up-nose accent was hard enough to carry along, but he was very confident in it. It was just one in many accents he had in his repertoire, and he felt it was one of his better ones. Picking words for Richard Shaggington to use, however, was a more complicated task.

His eyes followed the thumb, and immediately stopped taking note of the woman, but rathered a gander at her attire. She had a hugely expensive necklace swinging around her turtle-like neck, and a white gold bracelet that he was sure Mariposa would like very much. The diamonds were sprinkled along it like glitter, and that would certainly appeal to his younger sister. He took note of the woman, and what he assumed was her friend - they tended to travel in herds, after all. Both were as horse-kneed as each other. In fact, it was hardly a rare thing in the room, most of the women could go for some real food, less make up, and better camouflaged wigs, because they really weren't fooling anyone. "Some just don't have patience, or lack the finesse," he commented, still sipping his own beverage, rather slower than he naturally would have in order to attempt keeping a level head.

He was surprised once more, however, when he was pulled out of his chair and had his drink taken. The bartender, whom he looked at momentarily as if to say 'what do?' and the response was less than clear. It would seem that he would be dancing. This should be good. He was a pretty sh!t dancer, and now wished that he had been given the chance to just completely down the drink, warning or no warning, so he could at least have the drunken confidence to get through this, rather than trying to follow along consciously with whatever might be thrown at him next. He doubted that any of the dances he knew would be appropriate to the scenery or the music. He shimmied out of his jacket, and threw it on something - he didn't check to look - before loosening his white tie and undoing a button, leaving his collar to open to his collarbone.

"I think I'd like you to lead, Cal," he said finally, looking at Cal with a dimpled smile. It wasn't like he was going to be able to with his knowledge of dancing.
<i></i>

"Following me in all things in always your safest bet," grinned Callum. "Here, if we start then other people will dance, too, then no one will notice if you're poop or not. Put your toes on mine like this," he demonstrated, lifting his Mr Shagginton a little bit to place his feet on top of Cal's. "And just ... let it swing!".

He'd been having a ball poking fun at the glittery masses, but this was just as fun for other reasons. Now he had Richard's attention entirely on him, and he soaked up the looks like a sponge. God, it had been so boring in the City, lately. His new manager wouldn't stop pestering him about plumbing this, bills that, Mrs So-And-So from Room Who-Gives-A-Toss, and the first thing he'd done after the weekend rolled around was organise another one of these mind-numbing auctions just in case anyone was up for a shag. Swanning around with a lady on each hip was also fun, but they often weren't good conversational partners, couldn't keep their drinks down and didn't want to dance any more than they would take a cab instead of a limo home.

He was laughing by the end of the third song just watching Richard trying to keep up with his sweeping moves, and he waved at the barkeep for another set of drinks as they collapsed onto the windowsill, Cal still chuckling.

"Richard, I don't know what you do, but under all those layers of yours I swear you've got the most gorgeous build," he complimented. "Not like the soft-bellies over there. Oh, some of them are skinny, but it's more fashion than productivity." He clicked his fingers. "Horse-riding. Must it be it. Fittest madam I had here last time rode in dressage and jumping, God she was wild. Tell me if I'm right!". His smirk didn't last long at the sight of a ginger head bobbing through the crowd towards the bar room and heading straight for them. "I'm not here," he hissed to Richard, ducking behind a potted fern.

Archie had been having a difficult day, and it wasn't being made easier by his employers antics. After having finished with Mrs. Goodfellow (she did not deserve that name), he was once again searching for the man that was supposed to fix Atlantis City's amounting problems. He was only the manager, and still had to keep Mister Copperworth in-touch with the hotel and its needs - even if it meant he had to nag to the man day and night. He didn't like nagging, but it was the only thing he could do to get him to go anything, it seemed.

Entering the main floor of the hotel, fingers pattering against the wood of his clip board, he began looking out for his employer. He had a network of employees going by now, each keeping an eye out for the ever elusive Mister Copperworth, but by now it was relatively simple to sniff him out, as it were. There was a party occurring, with wealthy attendees looking for some distraction from their lives of country clubs and French wines, naturally he could find the owner of Atlantis City here. Probably mingling among the crowd as he often did. Arhcie had already checked all his usual spots - behind the bar, beside the pool, behind that ugly blow-up palm tree he wasn't even sure had a place in this establishment, the last was the... there he was. Behind that equally ugly fern.

The freckled manager approached him, nodding politely to the younger blond man that seemed to be rather bemused, he turned on Callum. "Mister Copperworth, what are you doing, Sir?" They both knew exactly what - he was hiding. Again. It was a little insulting, really. "Mister Copperworth, I need to speak to you privately - it's about Mrs Goodfellow, Sir. I hope your..." He looked at the unknown man blankly, from head to toe and back up again. "... friend, would excuse us a moment?"

</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">Felix had already counted numerous freckles upon the fair face of this new (very welcome) intruder before the man had uttered two words. He wasn't entirely sure about the reception given by... Mister Copperworth, but he was well beyond the point of caring. The blond was tempted to just perch his arse on a seat and watch the pair interact with another drink in his hands. He waved his hand flippantly at this new man. Who was he to stand in the way of Mrs Goodfellow's business? With a name like that, she sounded like a monster. "Oh, absolutely! You're excused, you're excused. My name's Richard Shaggington, by the way," he added, grabbing the man's hand in a shake (ignoring the simply hilarious surprised face he had). But really, with all these other names, now Felix was wondering if he should've picked an even stupider one. His brothers and sisters were going to have such fun with this.

He finally turned to look at Mister Copperworth, the name was making him smile, but he hoped it was assumed he was smiling at the man himself. It was about a 60-40 margin, anyway. "If you don't mind, Cal, I'll just return to the bar, then?"​

Callum's 'Please don't leave me!' face to Felix would have made a great picture, but it was too late as the pretty blonde disappeared off to the bar, leaving him still half-crouched behind the potted fern. The owner of Atlantis City coughed and straightened, putting on his bored 'business' face and refraining from uttering 'What now?' to his equally cute manager. Well, at least Hell had a pretty face.
"Mister Wilkes, I am sure you can tell that I am in the middle of an important meeting, although my guest has so generously left us some privacy, so it is because of that that I can safely say to you that Mrs Goodfellow can go jump in the pool." He didn't even have his whiskey glass with him.

Mister Copperworth (shudder) followed Mister Shaggington's path to the bar to beg another finger of scotch, knowing that his copper-haired shadow wouldn't leave him in peace. He leaned on the polished oak and took the opportunity to gaze at the two men. They were both terribly handsome in very different ways, and he entertained himself briefly by imagining them both in his bed, but the look his manager was giving him spoilt the picture quite a bit.
"Mister Shaggington, Mister Wilkes. Gingersnap, Blondie. Now that we're all acquainted, why don't you toddle along and set Mrs Goodfellow's wig on fire, or something, Wilkes? Or better yet, sod the witch and have a drink with us. You look like you could use one."

Why Mister Copperworth was pulling such a face was unfathomable to the ginger haired manager. He was hardly intimidating, but it would seem that his employer was deathly allergic to sense and responsibility. He folded his arms stubbornly across his chest as the taller man spoke, clipboard sticking into his upper arms slightly. He could hit the man with it if he were game enough, but he wasn't. He did well to not roll his eyes at the mentioning of an important meeting. Important meeting, indeed. His superior had quite the reputation, and it took a lot of working around, keeping the establishment actually functioning whilst Mister Copperworth went off and apparently did what he did best.

And he was off once more. Like a grumpy puppy on a leash, Archie followed Mister Copperworth, because whilst he seemed to think they were finished, they weren't He had five other dot-points included in his little memoriam for this evening, and there were all going to be gone through if it killed him. Standing at a distance he deemed appropriate from the blond gentleman (about an arms-length seeing as he fancied to have his fingers wander), Archie's face was one of intense displeasure, set in stone, with just a touch of a slight pout. His nostrils flared slightly at being referred to so openly as Gingersnap, as well as the thought of setting a customer's wig on fire (even if she did deserve it). What got him to sigh, however, was the thought of actually drinking whilst working - it was never going to happen.

"Mister Copperworth," he said, his tone one of deep strain and tiredness. This scene repeated itself every day since the first time he walked through the doors to work. "We have important things to discuss, things that cannot be discussed in front of, I'm sorry, Mister Shaggington?" The sh!t-eating grin that met him on the other man seemed to approve of the name, and he sighed through his nostrils once more, looking back at Mister Copperworth. "Sir, please, there are a few more things that need to be gone through. I will be swift, I promise." He tapped his clipboard, as if this should make his superior actually react. Not that it ever seemed to work, but it was worth a go.​
<i>
</i>

"You will be 'swiftly' leaving me alone," said Callum firmly, having tired of Wilkes' badgering. There was a reason he owned his own hotel and didn't still live with his mother; nagging was not on his daily itinerary.
"I'm not going to say it again. Find something else to occupy your time with that doesn't involve me, I'm busy." With that, Mr Wilkes as dismissed as the tall brunette turned his back on him and shifted closer to Richard rather pointedly. He was so thoroughly over working right now.

Out of sight, out of mind. As soon as he was focused back on Richard, Callum's face wrinkled in welcome again as he took in the amused features of his companion. His patience with the day had run out with Wilkes' pestering, and he was eager to move their little acquaintance a long to a more intimate setting.
"Mister Shagginton," said Cal, freely indulging in the use of his ridiculous name since his own (unfortunately birth-bestowed one) had been revealed. "Would you care to join me upstairs? We can discuss our undertaking more privately, there, and I do believe I have a very nice liqueur aging on my sideboard. Shall we?". He placed a daring hand on the lower back of the blonde and smiled his most handsome smile. Callum decided he'd earned the break.

Felix sat happily enough, observing the pair as they went on about things that he didn't care about. Either way, it was decent enough eye-candy, but he really needed that manager guy to go. If he was going to go about doing what he was actually sent here to do, and return to his brothers and sisters with more than just an interesting story, he needed the fuddy-duddy to leave. If anyone was going to kill the mood, or make it a pain in the rear to get to the valuable items his eyes had been seeing so regularly, it would be that man with the horrendous clipboard. Fortunately for Felix, however, Cal seemed to be just as interested in their conversation as he was, and the ginger-haired man was sent away. He didn't look particularly pleased, but that was hardly Felix's problem.

He smiled sweetly as ever when he was addressed once more, still internally laughing at his name. This was going to be excellent. It had been an easier job than he had imagined, working his way into theolder man's good graces, and whilst he was here to pick his way through the auction and take what he pleased, there was never any rule saying that he couldn't have a little fun before he did so. He had taken mental notes on what to take and what not to bother with, it was time to get a move along. "I would like that very much," he replied with a wink, allowing himself to be led away.

FINISHED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back