Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 13 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Doxy Wing Core
The final hearing had ended minutes ago and Teagan, along with her suitcases of clothes and other important things, was waiting at the foot of the stairs at their home in Northern Ireland. The Ravenclaw had no clue whether her dad gave her custody to Camilla because of his spite to her or that he still loves her like she's his own and would be staying. Teagan would understand the latter but she would miss him dearly because he was very good to her her whole life. He was the one who taught her how to ride a broom in the first place, he was the dad who doesn't care that there's a title hanging on him. He was a normal dad and she liked that on him. Although, he might not like her anymore because Teagan wasn't his, the teenager who turned fourteen today was simply a ticket to a good life. "Happy birthday, Teagan. You're fourteen and life keeps getting complicated." She murmured to herself. Waiting, Teagan wasted her time staring at the double doors to the front.

It was over, the lies that he ignored for so many years are now over. His sister was right all along. Devlin was stupid enough to believe everything Camilla was saying to him, that Teagan was his. The kid was dear to him and he can't let her have Teagan but what surprised him was that Camilla voluntarily gave up Teagan to him with a price, of course. Devlin was ready to pay the woman whatever she wanted, although, It cost him a summer home in Galveston, Texas and a ski lodge in Aspen, Colorado. Plus a monthly allowance of £1000. He could see the smile plastered on Camilla's face when he was signing the documents, it was like Devlin had met Satan on earth.

Finally, when he can go home and spend time with his daughter and celebrate her birthday that was unfortunately the same date as the final hearing came Jessica Fields, claiming her right to take Teagan from him. As a barrister himself, Devlin knows that she gave up her rights a long time ago when she agreed to exclude herself from the birth certificate of her own daughter but of course, if she did include her name their whole plan would be ruined. So, he ignored Jessica and came home to a sad Teagan, who's sitting at the foot of the stairs with her luggage ready. Devlin sigh and went to sit beside her. His daughter was all he got but they can make it with just the two of them. "Did you think I'm not going to fight for you to stay here? You should have given your old man some faith. Happy birthday." Devlin joked to lighten Teagan's mood and kissed atop her head. Teagan didn't deserved to be thrown away like that, his or not, she's still his daughter.

Jessica was bewildered when she found out that Camilla and Devlin would be having divorce, although, she can't blame Devlin for doing so. But finding out that the finalization was today, Jessica didn't mind having been just sleeping for a few hours and apparated to Northern Ireland. She wanted to add something to their propose agreement but she was too late when she arrived at the court. Camilla announced to her that Devlin got full custody of Teagan. Her world seems to have stopped there and talking to Devlin in a kind manner wasn't helping either. She is the biological mother, why can't the Maxwell's understand the situation? Frustrated, Jessica didn't know what to do anymore but to confront the man and demand her rights.

The Auror apparated to the Maxwell's family home, landing outside the mechanical gate that wrapped around the vast land they owned. It was odd that they put an anti-apparation charm to the whole property now, it was mainly the house that has the said charm. Stating her name on the intercom, the heavy gates rolled opened. Jessica was trying to calm herself down but in no way she can do that. She arrived at the door very furious and opened the door by herself, not even waiting for their head butler to get it. Jessica found both Teagan and Devlin sitting at the last step of the stairs. The poor mother wanted to hug her child so badly. "Can we talk Dev- I mean my lord? I prefer somewhere private." It was best for Teagan not to hear her begging. Yes, it was wrong for her to let someone take her but she was young and reckless back then.

It was a good amount of time before Teagan got bored staring at the door but once she took off her gaze from it, her dad came in. He probably noticed the few luggage she has laying around her because the way he looked at it. Teagan's eyes followed her father as Devlin took a sit beside her at the foot of the stairs. What lifted her mood was the information he had given her, it was subtle but enough to know that he fought for her to be with him. Teagan's straight lips formed a big smile. It was, by far, the greatest gift she ever had. "I did have faith in you. A huge amount actually." The Ravenclaw hugged her dad tightly. She wouldn't trade him for anyone, not even for her biological parents and not for a lousy nobility title. But as she's legally a Maxwell by paper, Teagan can keep her title and do her duty as Countess. "Maybe we should call grandma, aunt Ainslee and aunt Louise to go out to eat later? I'm in the mood for some pizza and ice cream." She brown nosed her dad for a little celebration which he will agree anyways. Teagan, a bit playful now, cleared her throat and said, "Sooo, next year I can have a provisional driving permit. It's pretty awesome and I don't get to hide somewhere to apparate once I pass that too." Although, he hadn't been too fond of her driving in an open road, she can still try to persuade him. As the mood went from sour to great, it came back to being sour when her biological mother came rushing inside. Teagan stood up too soon and snap at Jessica, "I know my dad put a restriction on Camilla for getting near me but I think we should add you too." Her face can't be painted at that moment. Her anger toward her was beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back