Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Swishy Pear Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Grateful and excited to have made the Quidditch team as a first string beater, despite the competition, Wyatt knew he had to practice not to let his team down so the boy grabbed his broom, bat and went to the pitch to have some practice shooting the Bludger as well as flying. Though he couldn't have a proper practice as it was just himself to play he didn't particularly mind for he was getting quite used to being alone after his start at Hogwarts. So the boy geared up quickly and kicked off. After doing a few warm up laps the boy took his wand out of the protective holster - pointed it at the box holding the nasty bludger and watched as it shot into the air, momentarily distracted before he put his wand away and began to practice hitting it away. Some hit and some missed Wyatt knew it was time for the bludger to be put away because this practice wasn't entirely about him as he had arrived early so he could have some solo air before he met with a friend who he had persuaded into playing a bit of one on one with him - mostly because she weirdly seemed so timid in the air. So after the bludger was safely put away Wyatt continued to fly while he waited - not entirely sure what had prompted him to suggest this because he really was fine being on his own. Still he'd asked for Amber's company and she'd obliged. Somehow he felt glad that it wasn't Asaiah or Marisol joining him.

Amber made her way to the Quidditch Pitch with a nervous flutter in her stomach. It was one section of the grounds she almost never visited, aside from going to see Quidditch games. Ever since she had gotten on a broom during her first year, she had sort of known it wasn't really her thing. Flying went so fast, and it was all... Wobbly and high up.
But her friend Wyatt had asked her to come flying with him, and she had agreed. Wyatt was in the year above her and she was sure that he had cooler friends than her, so she honestly felt a little flattered to be asked. It would be fun to spend time with him and to get to know him a little bit better, even if it was in a slightly intimidating way for her.

When she arrived she saw Wyatt zooming around already. In her eyes, what he was doing was extremely impressive. He was so fast! She felt like this at any Quidditch game too, it was hard for her to imagine feeling the confident in the air. She waved to let him know she was there and then clapped for his flying with a grin on her face. As he flew low enough to talk to her, she came over to him and grinned up at him. "Hi! I hope I'm not late. You look like you've been flying for a while, your hair is all messy." It had slipped out and she blushed, hoping he wouldn't take it in a bad way. "Though, the way you fly is very impressive. You look as good as any of the Quidditch players I've seen." Truthfully, Amber wasn't a very good judge of flying skills, but she still meant it. "I hope you don't mind if I'm not as good."

Wyatt had been enjoying his alone time in the air but was glad to see Amber as she arrived so he quickly made his way towards her, hovering just above the ground as he did because he had found a comfortable spot and didn't want to risk it. It wasn't as if brooms were the most comfortable things to sit on ever. The boy blushed when the younger girl clapped for him as he hadn't expected that but moved past it as if it hadn't happened. He did that with most uncomfortable things. "I came early - no worries. This year is gonna be hectic so I figured I'd muck around," the boy said with a smile. The boy who was raised as a muggle was more pleased by her compliment than he would really like to admit and smiled toothily. "Thanks, Am. Tell you what - you'll be great," he said confidently although he really wasn't pressured either way because this was all for the fun of it. Whether Amber joined Hufflepuffs team or just played for a laugh was no real consequence to Wyatt. Truthfully he was just happy to spend the time with her but as Wyatt looked over Amber he realized she didn't have a broom so he rubbed his neck a bit awkwardly as he realized she'd have to borrow one of the rubbish school brooms. If it weren't for the fact that he worried his broom would be a bit too fast for Amber he'd lend her his and take a school broom for the day but if something went off there was no way he could catch up to her on one of those and he wasn't sure what she could do one a broom so he asked, "Do you know where the school brooms are?"

Amber could tell the clapping had embarrassed him and she put her hands behind her back with a shy smile. "Oh, is fourth year very difficult so far?" She herself was already feeling the strain of the third year. "I suppose it must be, I'm already worrying about my electives this year." She smiled at him and blushed a little bit at his nickname for her. She quite liked it, though she was pretty sure he had more faith in her abilities than she had. "I'll be happy if I don't fall off." She said in a joking way, though she was pretty serious about that. The ground wasn't too wet and muddy, but she still didn't want to see what would happen to her clothes if she did fall. His question about the school brooms took her off guard, and she inwardly cursed herself for not thinking ahead. "Oh... I don't." She said, glancing around. "I should have asked if I could borrow one from my roommate Tesla, but I didn't." She hesitated. "I could go look around, I'm sure there has to be a storage nearby." She hoped she would find it soon, she wanted this to be fun. "If we can't find it, I could just watch you." She added, pretty sure he wouldn't want that but still wanting to offer. She sort of liked that option, but at the same time she was sort of curious if she would be any better than she had been in her first year, and if Wyatt could help her with that. Her eye fell on a nearby shed. "Maybe they're in there," she said, pointing.

Wyatt nodded his head a little - perhaps if he had been studious in years prior fourth year wouldn't be a particular strain but because he only now was getting serious about school he felt that it was much harder than he would've expected. But this was what he needed to become a healer. Plus he and his best friends had a lot of plans this year. Add volunteering, Quidditch practice and the Brotherhood into his schedule and Wyatt was fully booked but he was glad to make time for Amber. She was so fun to spend time with and seemed to distract him well enough. "You'll be fine - I was just a bit lazy before," Wyatt said although that wasn't the whole truth. Still he didn't want to scare Amber off with everything that had gone on since he'd joined Hogwarts and about the existential dread he felt. He added quickly, "Plus you're really smart." He knew they didn't know one another very well but every time they spoke he felt a little more intimidated by her while at the same time more comfortable around her too. It was weird but he liked it. The prudish boy would even admit to liking the way she blushed at any hint of a compliment as well but he was quickly distracted from that when he smiled at her joke. "I'd be a pretty poor tutor if you fell. I won't let you, don't worry," the boy said. He was no professional but he had taken every chance to ride a broom since the first Flying lesson with Professor Cliffeton. He didn't understand why anyone wouldn't want to do the same but at least Amber didn't protest the games like some people did.

As they spoke about brooms he smiled at Amber and chuckled a little, teasing her as he asked, "Trying to get out of flying, are we?" Wyatt knew that she wasn't exactly eager to hop on one but he wasn't going to let her get away from it because it would be fun plus he really did want to spend some time with his friend so he quickly sized her up with his eyes trying to make a guess of her height before he said, "I won't be long, promise." With that and a gentle touch of her shoulder he sped off to grab one of the school brooms. He easily could've walked there too but it made no difference. After opening stepping off his broom and opening the cupboard the boy rummaged through the school brooms. Many were too short for Amber as they were generally only used by first years but he found one that he thought would do the trick and it didn't look too old either so with a grin he flew both of their brooms over to where Amber stood and said, "Your chariot awaits, Am." He handed the broom to the Hufflepuff and smiled reassuringly. He knew she must be nervous but they would be fine. Flying really wasn't as dangerous as people thought.

Amber felt a little worried when Wyatt nodded at her question about the workload for fourth year. She was already starting to feel like her third year was going to be a bit harder than she could manage. It wasn't something she was willing to talk about yet, because she still hoped she would manage. Especially because she also thought it was very important to keep up her social contacts and keep up with her friends. Most of them were girls, which is what made hanging out with Wyatt all the more special. He was very friendly and funny and he looked nice too. Not pretty the way a girl could, but still nice. Maybe handsome was the right word? It felt a little odd even to think, but she supposed it suited him.

She could see he tried to reassure her about he upcoming year and felt grateful. She didn't want to spend this day being stressed out about her school work, especially not her workload for fourth year when she had to survive her third year first. Her heart skipped a beat when he told her she was smart. Did he really think so? She worked really hard at her school work and it didn't come as naturally to her as it did to some people, but she really appreciated the compliment. If she was honest, she felt a bit at a loss for words and averted her gaze. A shy smile breaking through as she looked at the grass they were standing on.

She felt even more relieved when he told her he wouldn't let her fall. Wyatt seemed to understand that this was a real worry of her, but he also said it in a joking way which made her feel more at ease. It wasn't like she was really scared, just a little nervous, and she had the feeling he got that. "If you're my flying tutor, I'm sure I'll be okay." She said, nodding. "Who knows, I might even join the team." She said it in a way that indicated it wasn't very likely. "But if I do, I don't think I can spend the games against Gryffindor cheering for you." She wasn't sure why she said it, it was true for her other two friends that were on the Quidditch team too. She cheered for Noemie and Flavio as well when they had a match, but she didn't add that part. It wasn't that she had no house pride, she also cheered for her own house, but she did enjoy showing her support for her friends in other houses as well.

Wyatt caught her weak attempt to get out of flying and teased her about it a little, which she didn't mind. She just shrugged good-naturedly, and she glanced at her shoulder as he touched it gently for a moment. She watched him fly off to get her a broom. This entire situation was starting to give her a sort of nervous feeling in her stomach, but not in a bad way. She thought back to a conversation she had had with her classmate Clementine around Valentine's day last year, about liking boys. Could this be what the girl had meant? Or not? Amber didn't really know, but she did know she was enjoying this quite a bit. When he returned with her broom she took it from him with a grateful smile. "Thanks Wyatt. Or should I call you Wy?" She said as she tilted her head slightly. "I think I like just Wyatt better." Amber decided. She was still nervous about flying, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it had been during her first year. Determined to show him she could do this, she got on the broomstick and then nodded at him before kicking off. She didn't do anything but hover yet, but at least she was in the air. "So... what now?" She asked, a slight nervous laugh coming through with her words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back