OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Kaia was tired. Over the past year, she had been struggling. She had a place to stay, but finding work that paid enough to support both her and her child was difficult. She was too young to be a mother, and she didn’t sleep enough, due to her holding several jobs during the week and not to mention the baby woke her up often in the middle of the night. She had to pay the rent, and buy food, and all sorts of other things, and she barely got to go out. That was the sad thing. Kaia didn’t get the chance to have a nice, relaxed, fun night, and enjoy life like she should be doing. She hadn’t wanted any help or money from her family, because she hated owing people, and this is what she got. Despite all of this the young woman wouldn’t trade her baby for anything, not even for a better life. She loved him, he was all that mattered. And yet, the girl just wanted a few hours in her day where she did not have to think about serious things, and what she had to do tomorrow, and what her budget limit was. That Saturday she decided to visit her friend, for a change, and she held Caspar in her arms as she made her way over, switching arms so that she had a free hand to knock on the door. When she had done so, she took a step back and waited for the door to be opened, hoping she wasn’t disturbing them or interrupting something.

Freya had been looking over some papers for work when she heard a knock on the apartment door, which made her wonder whether Asaiah had forgotten to mention he was expecting someone. She figured he would have heard the knocking as well and hoped he would go and open the door so she could continue going through the papers. It didn't take too long for her to realize that wasn't going to happen because there didn't seem to be any sign of movement towards the front door. After carefully putting the papers away the young adult made her way over to the door herself. Perhaps taking a break right now wouldn't be too bad anyways. Freya opened the door with a small smile, only to be slightly surprised by who she found standing in front of it. She hadn't expected anyone but she was happy to see her friend nevertheless. "Hi!" She greeted Kaia, a hint of surprise still noticable in her voice but her smile now growing wider. Not even bothering to ask her friend why she had come Freya moved aside to make space. "Come on in." She knew Kaia had been struggling lately and if she wanted to visit her for whatever reason she definitely wasn't going to turn her away.

Kaia smiled instantly when her friend opened the door, glad that they were home. When Freya greeted her, the woman could hear surprise in her tone, which was to be expected. "Hey," she greeted. "Thank you," she said with another polite smile as she entered with Caspar. The house was nice, it had a good vibe to it, and Kaia felt herself relax. She turned to Freya, "I’m sorry to just come like this, I would have owled, but it was a rather spontaneous decision," she explained, switching arms again. Her baby boy sure was getting heavy. "I just thought maybe we could hang out for a little bit, chat, I feel like all I’ve been doing lately is work, and taking care of Caspar. If you’re not busy, of course," she added, not wanting to interrupt Freya’s day just because she felt like she needed a break from her own life.

Freya shook her head when Kaia apologized for stopping by unexpectedly. "Don't worry about it! You're more than welcome at any time." She reassured her friend. In all honesty she was glad that her friend had come along because at least now she had a reason to put those papers away for a while. Not only that, but she was happy that Kaia felt comfortable enough to stop by without letting her know first. "Oh no, I was getting lost in my paperwork so this is actually a welcome break." She smiled. She somewhat felt what Kaia meant as she had been pretty caught up in work lately as well, although she knew it definitely wasn't the same for her as it was for her friend. Mainly because she didn't have a kid to care for and she wouldn't know what it's like to be their age and having to raise a baby on your own. "Do you want me to take him for a while?" Freya smiled, slightly putting her hands out in case Kaia accepted her offer. She had noticed the girl switching arms multiple times in the short time they had been talking and felt like maybe she could relieve her of the baby's weight for a little while. If only so she could properly get her coat off now she was inside.

Last edited:
Kaia smiled again, it was really nice to have a friend who actually cared about her, who wanted to help her and who always seemed available whenever she needed her. "Thank you, I really appreciate it," she said honestly, before switching arms once more. Man, her baby boy was definitely putting on some weight, which she supposed wasn’t a bad thing. She hadn’t been feeding him too much though, and it was a relief that at least one of them got plenty to eat. Kaia often forgot to feed herself when she was taking of Caspar, unless she was hungry. She laughed. "I’m glad to be of service, then," she teased, and when Freya offered to take Caspar for a while she really couldn’t say no. Her arms were tired, they had to walk all the way because she didn’t trust herself to apparate while holding him like this. "Ah, that would be lovely, if you could," she said, holding out Caspar for Freya to take. And once she had, she sighed, and took off her coat, slinging it over her arm. "Much better," she smiled. "Do you reckon we could maybe go out, have a few drinks? I wouldn’t know what to do with him though," she nodded towards Caspar. This was always a problem, with whom to leave him. She couldn’t exactly afford a nanny, and she didn’t really trust anyone outside of her immediate circle.

With every second Freya seemed to grow happier that her friend had stopped by. Not only could she now take a break from work that she otherwise might not have taken untill someone would literally drag her out of her room, but it also made her realize that she had maybe been a bit too preoccupied with work lately. Maybe she needed to get out of the house and do something fun. "Sure." Freya nodded at her friend's response before carefully taking the baby from her. Oh, he was pretty heavy. She crunched her nose and smiled at the baby for a second, mouthing the word 'hi' before she looked back up at Kaia. "I'm definitely in! Been a while since I've had a drink." Freya responded with a chuckle. She couldn't specifically remember the last time she went out for a drink, but had probably been with either her brother or Asaiah. Or both, she just didn't remember. The gears in her head started turning when her friend mentioned the baby, trying to see if she knew someone who was capable of babysitting. Her brain didn't get much further than Asaiah and she wondered whether that would go well since he pretty much acted like a kid himself half of the time. Then again, that might just be what could make it work. Perhaps he might even like the company. "We could ask Asaiah to babysit?" Freya offered. She wasn't too sure whether that was a good idea or not but at the same time she knew she trusted him if he said yes. Even if she would probably be silently worrying about it the rest of the evening. "Pretty sure he'd be cool with it."

Kaia was relieved that her friend agreed to go out and have a drink with her, it would be a really nice break to have for the both of them, between their jobs and for Kaia, her baby son. She expected Freya to react at the baby’s weight, however all she did was scrunch up her nose and Kaia chuckled. "He’s quite the eater, isn’t he," she sighed, with a look of affection towards Caspar. At the very least, finding a babysitter was enough work, and Kaia really couldn’t afford it, not yet, plus it was difficult to find someone she trusted enough, as trust developed over time and time was something she really did not have a lot of these days. "Is it bad that neither of us remember the last time we had a drink?" she asked her friend with a smile. It clearly showed from Kaia’s schedule, and sleepless nights, but what could a young mother without a stable career do about it. Maybe she would go into writing or eventually find another job that would also allow her to travel a bit. She raised an eyebrow, she wouldn’t have thought of Asaiah immediately, but she knew him, and Freya was seeing the guy, so it was probably the best option. "Yeah, we could ask him," she said with a nod. "Well if you’re sure, then I trust him with my son," she smiled.

Freya chuckled at her friends remark about the baby. "He's getting heavier, for sure." She smiled. It wasn't hard to see how much Kaia cared for the baby and even though she couldn't imagine having a baby at this age Freya was glad that her friend seemed to be happy with her kid. "I don't know, but it should be." She laughed at her friend's remark about neither of them remembering when they last went out for a drink. It made her wonder whether Kaia had been able to sort out her job situation but she figured that might be hard to do whilst also being the sole carer of a baby. That seemed difficult enough as it was already. Freya shot her a small smile when she could see her friend struggling with the idea of leaving her idea with someone she didn't know all too well. However, she was glad Kaia decided to trust her on this. "Yeah, they'll be fine." She told her friend reassuringly before they made their way further into the apartment.

Freya and Kaia had moved on to a wizarding bar after leaving Asaiah with the baby and a couple of instructions of what to do and what absolutely not to do. Freya was glad that both her friends had seemed to get along fine, that Asaiah had been okay with looking after the baby and that Kaia had trusted him with her son. It was rather crowded but luckily there were a couple of places left at the bar itself. She happily made her way over with her friend in tow and sat down on one of the stools, peaking at the menu to look at the drinks before looking back up at Kaia. "So, what are you getting as your first drink in I don't know how long?"

slight godmod approved (also this is bad lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back