OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ember
With only one week before his cousin's wedding, Morwen had agreed to meet @Ember Michaels to finalize the set for the reception. Although they already managed to list most of the songs that they talked about during the engagement party. There was also the songs she sang during the test run. Thankfully, she did not ask him to sing. She was quite enjoying it herself. Truthfully, the man enjoyed watching her sing too. He arrived at the place where they were supposed to meet. Standing on the side of the street, he pondered where he would wait for the girl. Glancing between the coffee shop or the restaurant, he did not notice the girl approaching her from his left.

Ember was not looking forward to this lunch thing. No way. She hadn't spent any extra time on her makeup either. Okay... she had. And she was looking forward to seeing Morwen again. He was so easy to talk to. And easy to look at. It was hard to explain, she just... felt like they had connected. It wasn't often she felt that. It wasn't the same as it had been with Lucca either, though his had always been an easy friendship as well. No, this was something else. Morwen was... soft. And sweet. She brushed her hair out of her eyes as she casually came up beside him. "I'm actually pretty hungry if it's up for debate," She said idly, looking longingly at the restaurant. She had forgotten breakfast that morning. Almost as if in agreement with her, her stomach growled.

The man was about to go into the coffee shop when the woman he was waiting for spoke up. He was rather surprised but tried to maintain his cool. He glanced down at Ember, the latter looking at the restaurant. Giving her a warm smile, he guided her, his hand on the small of her back. "Restaurant it is." The moment they entered the restaurant, they were directed to a cozy booth by the corner. It was even more convenient because it would be quiet enough for them to talk.

Ember smiled as he agreed, trying to hide the thrill that shot through her at the hand on her back. That was really different, kinda... was gentlemanly a word? It should be, it fit Morwen pretty well. She knew how much she had as she sat down, so she kept her price range in mind as she looked over the menu. She ordered something simple, leaving enough to cover Morwen's food too, and asked for a soda to drink while they worked. She crossed her legs under her, opening the notebook she'd brought and looking to Morwen with a small smile. "You know, it would help to arrange harmonies if I knew how you sing." She told him plainly.

Morwen admired how Ember carried herself as well as be considerate as they pored over the menu. Well, he would be the one paying so he ordered what she had, adding two slices of cake and some drinks for the both of them. The moment the server left, he focused his attention on the woman in front of her. She already had her notebook open and when she asked him about how his singing style, the man fidgeted. He had this case of stage fright but he was too coward to tell her. He cleared his throat. "I've heard you sing. And judging from the song selection we had, I can harmonize with whatever you want." He did not want to sound arrogant but he happened to have a good ear for pitch. He just wanted to impress her by sounding confident.

Ember raised a brow but didn't question him. "Alright, surprise for the wedding then." She flipped the notebook around to show him the arrangement she'd put together last night. "This is what I was thinking, then putting in this playlist once the performing is over and we hand it off to the Dj," She pointed out each aspect of her plan to Morwen, seeking his approval.

Morie breathed a sigh of relief. He was already embarrassed at the thought of the girl finding out about his fright. He had already told Dani that he would play but his cousin that since he had a good voice, he could sing along with Ember. He listened more to Ember as she laid out the plan for their performance. He nodded, agreeing to it all. "Ember...", he began shyly. "I honestly don't have any experience arranging sets. So would it be terrible if I trust you with all of this?", he asked. He grabbed her hand on the table. "I swear I'll help you with anything you need."

Ember looked up as Morwen said her name. "Yeah?" She asked. She listened to him, nodding quietly. "Yeah, sure-" She started to agree, but stopped abruptly as he took her hand. Her heart stuttered as he did and she bit her lip. "I can handle it, yeah," She gave him a soft smile. She hesitated a moment before shutting her notebook and pushing it away.

Ember shifted in her seat. "Morwen... why, ah, why don't we save the music stuff for later?" She asked, turning her hand to hold Morwens. "I would like to get to know you more," she told him, smiling warmly.

Morwen smiled his thanks when what happened next took his breath away. He was partly to blame when he reached for her hand but Ember was not shy to return the gesture. She may look young to him but she was surely mature in every situation he had witnessed ever since he met her. He squeezed her hand gently, silently answering her question. Their food finally arrived and he had to let go of her hand. "Shall we?", he gave her a smile.

Ember grinned, taking a sip of her drink to hopefully cool her heated face before taking a bite of her food. "Alright, well," She considered a moment. "I'm the eldest of three. My grandmother runs a shipping company, my dad and mom are in charge of the ships. My dad is a sailor, my mom handles the materials and crews. Dad is one of grandma's best captains." She grinned. "I have one uncle, he travels the world as a photographer, and he has the twins and Jordie. I have a younger sister, she loves the ocean, dancing, and she's a writer. My little brother Jasper is training to take over the company from grandma. He's going to be her successor when she retires." Em smiled, taking another bite of her food. "What about your family?" She asked, smiling at him.

Morie smiled as he listened to Ember. He liked that she was confident and shy at the same time. It seemed she had a large family, consider he had already seen and met some of them at Dani's engagement. "Me?", he chuckled, "I'm kidding. Well, you met Dani. You went to school with Cassi and Atkin. Did you know they were my cousins? Except for Cassi. She's my sister.", he debated whether to tell her that they were his adopted family. Taking a bite from his food, he continued. "They're my adopted family. I mean I was adopted by the Sparkes when I was eleven. They gave me the option to change my last name whenever I want to although they really wanted me to carry Sparkes." He gave the girl an apologetic smile. "Sorry. I did not mean it to sound like a sappy twenty-six-year-old man."

Em listened to Morwen, eating her food. "You're adopted? That's cool, so is Jordie," she sipped from her drink. "I know Kinny bear has been kind of... difficult since Livi left, but they're still good people. I know Damien and I were buds, I still dont know how he managed to get someone sophisticated like Dani to like him." She grinned playfully.

"Must be his fashion sense, he's always looked pretty sharp." She teased lightly, sipping from her drink again. "It kind of surprised me when he said he got an older girl." She looked to Morwen, trying to figure out the most subtle way to ask her question. "My dad always said that larger age gaps in couples is difficult to work through. My sister likes a younger boy and its given her a lot of grief." She acted like it was no big deal, taking a bite of her food as if she wasn't interested in his answer.

Morie was quite surprised that Ember did not even recoil at the knowledge that he was adopted. In fact, she just accepted it like it was the day's weather. He was munching on some food while listening to Ember talked about Atkin. He agreed, he was even trying hard to get the boy to get out. Not that he wanted him to go date somebody else. He just took a sip from his drink when she mentioned about Damien managing to get Dani. He chuckled at this. "I must say Damien has this charm. And he treats Dani like his princess. Clearly smitten by her. Same goes for my cousin."
The man listened more as she went on to how Damien and Danielle got together. There it goes., he mused. She was more concerned about the age gaps between the couple. "Well, Dani is not much older than Damien. I think a year or two?", he doubted this was the main point. "I guess that depends on the couple how they treat each other. I mean I still know a lot of couples of the same ages and still don't get along.", he added. He leaned a bit forward. "How about you, Em? Would you date a younger or an older man?", he asked subtly, adding the younger part to conceal his real question.

Ember chuckled, rolling her eyes. "Oh please, he's always been that bad. You should have seen him come groveling to me when he wanted me to play for their first date. That boy is so overdramatic. He spent a week sending her little surprises, had my uncle pick her up and take her out to his brother's inn, in a dress his sister in law handmade, and he made me play this song while she walked out through the gardens," She shuddered. "It was freezing outside and he had her in some dress with no sleeves." She shook her head, eating her food. "I love Damien to death, but Merlin he is so over the top."

She sipped her drink, pretending to ponder his question. She set her cup down, running her finger idly over the rim. "I don't really see dating a younger guy," She said slowly, "What most people see as cute I see as immature and impractical," She shrugged. "Probably why I haven't really dated much. Or have many friends." She thought a moment. "I might consider an older guy... depending on who it was and if we got along," She said carefully, "Of course, that's a moot point. I'd have to find an older guy willing to date a kid anyway."

She smiled as the waiter brought over their check, glancing at it and paying before Morwen could stop her. "Well, that's my cue." She gave him a coy smile. "I should probably finish arranging everything for the wedding. Catch you later, Morie," She let the nickname roll off her tongue, winking playfully before starting to saunter off, notebook in hand.

Morwen listened with rapt attention to what Ember said. In his opinion, Damien really swooned Dani and it really worked. He really should talk to Damien about tips. Morwen was lost in thoughts as he listened to Ember talk, committing her face and voice to memory. He would not admit it but he was infatuated by the girl. They continued talking while enjoying their meal, his pride swelled when she said she could date an older guy. He would make sure he would be that guy.
Their bill came and before he could pull out his wallet, Ember beat him to it. He was stunned as she took her leave, winking her way. "Em,I-wait,I-", he stammered, unable to form a sentence as he watched her leave. Shaking his head, he placed a tip and left the restaurant, a certain girl in his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back