Into the peaceful trees

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
There was a headache building up in Taylors head. She found it was there quite often nowadays, but she always ignored it, hoping it would fade. It usually did, but there were some days she had to get away. Be somewhere peaceful. She found the forest was usually devoid of other students, so she made her way there. Sort of sick of people always interupting her peace. The trees embraced her with darkness and that peace she had been looking for swallowed her being. A deep breath was drawn in and Taylor found a spot in a tree, being able to see the light of the outside open world not far off, but still be hidden from wandering eyes that might lay in that light.

Thearus had been keeping an eye on the outskirts of the forests, as he always did when he saw a girl enter. "why...why must they insist. whats so adventurous about trees!" he thought to himself, though he knew there was much more then trees within this place.

He then saw she looked troubled as if she had some sort of headache and wondered what could have caused it. He gave a slight sigh as he realized he would ahve to race in with blades shining as per usual and give her the warning.

He launched himself through the trees, pulling his longsword from its place and stopping just before the girl. The tip of his sword gleamed between her eyes. By the stares I hate doing this he thought to himself then said in his mystical/commanding tone, "And who might you be..."

Her thoughts began to drift to her lack of anything to do at Hogwarts, how often she was bored and how many people she had met and how many she could not yet trust. Although, she could not venture too far into her thoughts before they were snapped to reality when she noted someone within close proximity of her. She kept her attention on the person waiting in the trees, but pretended not to have noticed.

As she waited for them to show their face, she kept her brow forrowed slightly, hoping it would cure her headache. She didnt know if she could deal with company, but at that though a... What was that? Taylor jumped to realisation when she saw the horse body. A centaur, her parents had told her about them, jumped through the trees towards her. He drew a sword, but Taylor was not alarmed, she had her usual guard up and she would keep it there until she trusted this centaur, but she was not afraid.

Her eyes focused on the sword, her eyes crossing ever so slightly for a moment, before she smirked up at the face of the centaur. "My name is Taylor Mercer. Who might you be?" She sent him his own question back.

She didn't seem alarmed at all, which kinda wrecked the whole point of the sword so he lowered it then sliding it back into place he bowed his head and replied,
"I am Thearus Forthiem.., Guardian of the forest. May I ask why you have come?"
His voice keep its tone though more noble and polite.

Her smirk died down into a friendly smile when he replaced his sword. "Nice to meet you. I have never met a centuar before, my parents have told me stories." She did a quick once over of the centuars body, fascinated. When he asked her why she was in the forest she was suddenly filled with something close to alarm, she wasnt actually aloud to be in here, she didnt believe she would be caught. She slid from where she was seated in the tree and landed gracefully on the ground.

"I was looking for some peace and quiet to be honest, its so hard to find these days." Her tone was soft, almost pleading that the centaur wouldnt report her to anyone. She did not want to get in trouble for something like trying to get away from everyone.

He was pleased when she gave him the smile and listened as she said about not meeting a centaur and hearing stories about them.

And he chuckled when he heard her tone when said about peace and quiet.
"peace and quiet you shall not find here... creatures find prey to easily near the borders" he knew this wasn't quite true for not many creatures dared go near the forest's end but he wanted a excuse to talk to her some more and show her around. "I know a better place.., if you would let me show you.. though it is further in. But do not fear, none would come near you while you are by my side"
He hoped she wouldn't think him wanting to lead her into a trap

Taylor nodded at Thearus's words. She wondered what creatures could actually be found in the depths of this forest, but decided she would rather not find out first hand. "I would love to go with you." She said kindly, she had wanted to venture further the last time she had been inside the forest, but did not dare with just other students. If she had a centaur by her side, she could surely do it.

((Sorry, my computer somewhat failed on me))

(( lol me to sis needed a story read ))

"It's a rather long way...."he thought abit it for a moment longer, then doing something he doubted a centaur had done in over a century and asked her if should would like to ride on his back instead or walking the whole way.

He watched her closely waiting for a response.

Taylor thought about Thearus's offer. She took another look at the little light left peaking through the expanse of trees she had walked through. Surely she had nothing to do so it couldnt hurt. She felt safe being with the Centaur, so surely nothing could harm her either. Deciding to let her Gryffindor bravery lead her on, she turned back to Thearus and nodded. "If your sure." She didnt want to feel as though she was treating Thearus like an animal or anything. She wasnt really sure how to go about this meeting of a Centaur at all.

"Well then" He held out his hand to her waiting for her to grab it.
"your a brave one" He paused for a long thoughtful moment, "not many people trust a centaur anymore" his voice layered with a bitter tone.

Taylor reached out and took the Centuars waiting hand. She was suddenly filled with excitement, her curiousity racing with what lied in the depths. When he told her that not many people trusted Centuars her excitement somewhat faltered, but only slightly. She had to wonder why they didnt and whether she should, but she shook it off.

"How far in are we going?" She said, wanting to know the answer to a question that had been digging through her brain.

He took a moment to consider, "It's around the middle, so think carefully this is strictly forbidden....You could even be expelled." He watched her and thought that now she would not go.

When Thearus told her is was strickly forbidden, Taylors interest probably perked up more. There was something thrilling about doing something you werent supposed to do. "And your trying to convince me to do this knowing full well i could get expelled?" She said cheekily. Her features dulled from the smile that had been previously placed there.

She said seriously. "You will take me back here though right? And if i dont want to go all the way, you still will?" She needed some sort of confirmation that this centaur wasnt going to drag her in the middle of the forest and hold her captive.

"I am at your will" He gave her a slight smile, Hauling her over onto his back.
"You will need to hold on tightly, It is a fair way and will take to long if we just walk" He waiting for her to hold onto him.

Taylor got into a steady position on Thearus's back, sure she had been horse riding, many times. She actually owned a horse, so riding a Centuar couldnt be much different... right? She fumbled for a moment of where exactly she should hold on, but chose to grab at Thearus's shoulders. "Umm, will this be ok?" She said awkwardly. "Or, should i hold on somewhere else?" She scrunched her face up slightly. This was stranger than she thought it would be.

"Wherever you can hold onto is good enough for me" Then he reared up and bolted down through the trees twisting down from the path through the network or trees.
They came to a gauge and he lept clear over it and kept going.

Though after about 10 minutes of riding he slowed down to a trot, then slowing back further into a steady walk. "hope that wasn't to bad for you?" He asked slightly nervously".

Taylor wasnt prepared when Thearus suddenly took off, so she clenched her fingers down on his shoulders, hoping she wasnt hurting him, but not letting go even a tiny bit in fear she would fly right off. After a minute or too she got used to it and actually found it somewhat relaxing. They were quite far in and it was almost completely dark, exept a few streams of light coming though gaps in the the trees.

They came to a stop and Taylor slid off Thearus's back and landed gracefully on the ground. "Nope wasnt too bad." She smiled and glanced around the expanse of forest Thearus had taken her. He was correct in that it was more peaceful, but Taylor also felt very cautious. She didnt know what could jump out at her, but a look back at the centuar she was with told her she should be ok.

"Come" he said in a comforting voice, he walking a few meters further to a thick bush and tree ling and waited for her. When she had gotten there he pulled aside the leaves and branches to show a clearing with a magnificent sparkly spring, a small rock formation tickling like a waterfall beside it. The water sparkling brilliant blue and seemed to shed some almost magical like upon the clearing

He waited a moment for it to sink in then asked her "What do you think?"

Taylor followed Thearus to a think bush, she furrowed her brow for a moment until he pulled the leaves aside. Her jaw dropped slightly as she layed eyes upon the beautiful spring. It was amazing!

"What do i think?" She said amazed and took a step through the leaves so Thearus didnt have the continue holding them. "This is incredible! Its amazing how you know your way around this forest. I suppose its easy when your here everyday." She tried off knowing she was rambling, she couldnt take her eyes off what lay in front of her though.

He moved slowing behind and to the side of her with a smile then after another moments pause me moved by her side and motioned to the water.

"Drink, the water is sweet and pure here." He said in his usual mystical tone.

Taylor did what Thearus said and knelt by the water. Cupping her hands she drank from the spring. She let out a small sigh after drinking. She doubted she had tasted anything purer. She decided going with the centuar had been a smart choice. Shaking her hands she then changed her position and sat by the water with her legs crossed looking up at Thearus.

"Are there many of you in the forest?" She enquired, wanting to know just how many centuars there were in this vast expanse of trees.

Cern flinched as she asked about the other centaurs. "I would not know" He said his voice just keeping to his usual tone. He moved around to a tree near the spring and lent against it.

Looking to change the subject he said, "The spring grants peace to those who will it...you may rest here and forget about what troubles you."

Scrunching her brow in confusion, Taylor looked carefully at Thearus. She had been told Centaurs always travelled in groups. Releasing her brow she decided not to press to subject further, instead looking out into the Spring, giving in to the distraction Thearus had offered.

Lying on her back she looked up to the canopy up above. She took in a deep breath and released it with a sigh. This was a peace she couldnt and wouldnt find back at the castle.

Thearus was pleased she had decided to drop the subject. He watched for as she seemed to relax slightly. He wondered if taking her this far into the forest was the wrong thing to do. Though he thought, well its not like anything bad has happened.

Taylor embrassed the silence. Closing her eyes for a moment, she then sat up on her elbows, looking at Thearus. "Do you bring alot of students in here?" She asked curiously. She thought not many would actually want to venture this far in with a centaur they had just met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back