OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Emily had just received a copy of 'The Vampire Chronicles' from her mother. It held every installment in Anne Rice's story about the Vampire Lestat. She had been reading it as often as she could, unable to tear her eyes from it. The story was so captivating. She had it with her yet again this morning. In her haste to sit, she didn't lift her head from the pages of the book to see where she sat. Or who she sat with. She picked up a roll from a plate in the center of the table and nibbled at it as she read.

Tyler was looking over his notes for muggle studies while he ate, though he didn't think it was truly necessary. It wasn't a difficult subject, but it was still good to be prepared for the exam. He looked up in annoyance when someone sat down opposite of him, and his frown deepened when he saw who it was. "This isn't your table." He snapped at the annoying younger Ravenclaw. He didn't really get what Emily was doing here. It wasn't like she was talking to anyone, so she clearly wasn't sitting with any of her friends. If she even had those.

Emily glanced up a moment to see the boy who had been bullying Lily. "You act like I care," She responded idly, reaching for a piece of toast nearby to nibble on while she read. She turned back to her book, flipping the page. She doubted Tyler would waste any more time on her and would leave her in peace. It's not like there was anything else to say.

Ugh. Why was this girl so annoying? A normal reaction to what he'd said would have been to realize the mistake and leave to sit at the right table. Why was she so determined to be annoying? He frowned. "You should sit with your own house, especially when no one in Slytherin wants you here." He told her, frowning. "Or don't they want you to sit with them in Ravenclaw anymore either?" He taunted, wanting at least some sort of reaction that wasn't just her reading her annoying book. Clearly she had no friends, otherwise why would she always be reading?

Emily nibbled on her toast. "Mmm, not true. At least, what, three grades full of Slytherins don't really care what you think. And at least three Slytherins in and around our year would rather be with me than you." She picked up her goblet, taking a sip as it filled with milk. "And there are three Ravenclaws, three Gryffindors, and one Hufflepuff that would gladly have my company." She turned the page in her book. "Of course, you don't speak to anyone you don't deem worthy of your attention." She sipped on her milk. "Which makes one wonder, what you must think of me," She teased lightly, still not looking up from her book.

Lost track of this somehow, sorry
Tyler rolled his eyes at the girl's comment. "And you're basing that on... what, exactly?" He asked her with a raised eyebrow. "Oh wow. You have friends? Three whole Ravenclaws you say? I'm so impressed." He snorted. "Counting out the people that actually put up with you like that makes you sound really pathetic, who keeps track of that?" He informed her. "And you don't know that about me. I speak to whoever I want to speak to." He shrugged. "And I'm talking to you because you're sitting here, and you're not supposed to." He pointed out. "Not because I actually think you're interesting. Don't flatter yourself." He sneered.

Emily turned the page idly. "Fifth years and up don't generally give a fig about what third year and below think. They have more important things to do," She stated. "If you think some random third year with no real accomplishments of his own is enough to catch their interest then you've got a talent no one knew about- managing to walk with such a big head." She sipped her milk. "About ten off the top of my head, actually, and knowing exactly how many people would have your back is considered a precaution. Trying to count the people that would stab you in it is a waste of time. Must be why you don't count." She went back to her reading, figured he would be done talking to her, when something about not flattering herself drifted through. "I'm sorry, are you still talking? For someone that doesn't care you sure have a lot to say." She went back to her book, figuring there was nothing left for him to say to her.

Tyler watched Emily with a confused frown on his face. "I don't care what a fifth year thinks of me. I don't care about first years either, or second years. That's just logical." He told her. "It's just sad that you're keeping track so much of who likes you and who doesn't. Do you keep a notebook under your bed where you write down who your friends are in case you forget? Though I suppose a single piece of paper would be enough." He snorted. "You're weird." He laughed a little incredulously when she suddenly pretended the conversation had been over, and he was the one talking a lot. It seemed to him like she was feigning indifference, pretending to be above it all. She thought she had him all figured out, but it was all assumptions. "You're the one talking the most." He pointed out. "You seem to find it very important that I know how many people have your back."

Emily raised a brow. "Well, you're trying awfully hard for someone that doesn't care. You enjoy basking in Blake's success without having any of your own." She commented dryly. "Wait, you did have the success of framing Jasper. And getting Blake punched in the face for jinxing Lars. And then there was that rumor floating around about a Hufflepuff and the slugs. Maybe your talent is making sure people don't like you." She sipped her drink. "I wouldn't have even noticed you if you hadn't spoken. You just seem intent on trying to unnerve me. The only issue with that though, is you assume I care what you think." She turned back to her book.

Tyler stared at the girl in disbelief for a moment. "Why do you know like... everything about me?" He asked her, a little disturbed. "Don't tell me you're obsessed with me, or something." He added, though he was pretty sure that wasn't the case. But the fact that she mentioned Blake and something he'd done a long time ago made him feel unnerved. He didn't think the incident with Lars was widely talked about. "Apparently my talent is making annoying Ravenclaws keep talking to me." He told her, as she was still going on and on. "My intent wasn't to unnerve you, but keep pretending you know what I'm doing and why." He rolled his eyes. "My intent was to get you to go back to your own table, where you belong."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back