OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Unyielding Hazel Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Delilah liked the student lounge, it made her feel social even if she ended up sitting by herself. She had been trying to write this letter to Caleb for a while now but she wasn't sure what to say to him. Her year had been off to a fairly boring start, Brook and Ivy were fine and up to their usual back and forth. She hadn't spent the first week a ball of nerves so at least that was an improvement. Simon on the other hand seemed to be avoiding her even more then usual. He used to at least acknowledge her existence before blowing her off but now it was just a glare before he stormed off. But it wasn't like she could write her younger brother any of this. He wouldn't care to begin with but she shouldn't worry him about her issues either. Delilah thought for a bit more and figured she could tell him about the mess at the feast at the start of the year, that seemed simple enough. She was just about to finally write something down when she knocked over her bottle of ink all over her papers. She swore quietly under her breath, and hoped no one heard as she tried to clean up her mess.

Selene had been sitting in the student lounge curled up in an arm chair a large book on her lap entitled Hogwarts: a history. after being in the school for six years she had learned a lot about it and about the founders even though their version of the school was a long way from the origional. she had still learned a lot doing her hostory of magic readings. she had just turned the page when she heard a clatter come from accross the room. she looked up to see a girl with a quill in her hand and a puddle of ink accross her desk frantically blotting at the papers. 'are you alright?" she asked as she put her bookmark in the book. ready to stand and go over to the girl if she needed help.

Delilah looked up quickly, worried she had bothered someone with all of her fussing. She noticed the older girl looking at her and she could feel her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. She looked familiar and Delilah was fairly sure she was one of the Ravenclaw prefects and she frowned when she couldn't remember her name. She wished now that she had paid more attention during the house meeting. “Oh, I’m fine." she said a little too quickly. "I just spilled some ink, and made a bit of a mess.” she laughed lightly as she stated the obvious. It was had to miss the puddle of ink running all over her parchment. She started to move around to paper to try and soak up most of the ink. She knew there was a charm for just this occasion but she had just learned it and her mind was far too distracted to try and remember it now. “I’m sorry if I bothered you.” she added quickly, sounding apologetic as she started to worry about how she was going to properly clean this up.

Selene could see the girl frantically blotting at the ink even as she claimed that she was fine. Selene got up and walked over to her. "did you want me to help? I may get rid of some of your writing but it will get rid of the ink" she said. she wasn't the strongest at wand work. and she was sure her classmates would be able to get rid of the puddle without effecting the writing underneath but she was not sure she would be that well controlled. but the spell was a fairly easy one so there was hope that she would get close to getting it right. maybe only fading the writing a little. "don't worry about bothering me. I was only reading a history textbook" she said "if anything you have given me a break from reading about Slytherins ideology" she said. he was the founder that needed the most patience when reading about.

Delilah didn't want to admit how relieved she was that the older girl offered to help her despite her insistence that she was fine. "Yes please." she said with a sigh as she let her shoulders slump a bit. "I hadn't even started writing." she admitted. "Thank you." she said, and scratched the back of her neck awkwardly. She didn't like seeming so helpless. It was literally just some spilled ink, she didn't understand why she was feeling so upset by it. Delilah cleared her throat, eager to potentially change the subject. "You're in sixth year right?" she asked tentatively, not entirely sure if she had remembered correctly. "Well I'm glad I could help." she said with a small smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back