infront of the forest

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda took a deep breath and walked towards the Forbidden Forest, she had no intention of going in but she really needed to go there. Andy didn't know why she had to do that either, she just knew she had to.

She stood now about 100 yards from the forest, her feet would take her no further. Her heart wouldn't let her either. Fear and horror gripped her, she looked at her hands.

They looked normal enough didn't they? she asked herself. She pinched her skin, that looked very normal to her too and yet she knew that there was nothing normal about her anymore. Her eyes welled up with tears, what was to become of her? If her friends ever knew they would hate her, ostracize her and she wouldn't blame them.

"What's wrong Andy?" Brian asked, he had seen her walking from the great hall and wondered if she would finally tell him whats going on.

"You went missing after Halloween and now you won't tell me what's up, is something wrong with your mom?" Brian asked.

Andromeda had smelt him funnily enough before he had come closer, she found this slightly amusing. They had told her this would happen and each day her senses grew more and more extraordinary. It was a shame she couldnt' boast that she had the ability to see at night now.

She sighed and shrugged.
"Why would there be something wrong with my mother?" she asked, thinking that actually there was her mother was devastated but also very much relieved that she hadn't lost her daughter. Two deaths in one year was too much for anyone to bear, so her mother was trying her best to come to terms with her werewolf daughter.

"I don't know, Is there something wrong with you?" Brian asked he hated feeling out of the loop. "you were gone and it happened on Halloween, where did you go? I looked all over for you and you just seemed to dissapeared just like that afternoon" Brian said. He wanted to know why his friend was behaving this way especially to him.

Andy looked at him and sighed.
"I had too much candy and went for some fresh air", she told him turning and looking directly back at the forest.
"I still wasn't feeling well so I went up to the hospital wing. I stayed there for a while, over night actually and all the next day too".

She kept her eyes firmly infront now, convinced she could pick out blood drops on the grass but she knew the ministry would have cleaned it up.
Andy sighed again, last week it would have cheered her up no end that Brian had been worried enough about her to look for her, this week it didn't matter.

"you're lying, I know you are" Brian said he had been taught by his parents at a young age to detect things people do when the're not telling the truth in part it was what made them good lawyers. "something happened that night, but you don't want to tell me"

"Brian I am not going to fight with you. I... am not going to argue ok. NOTHING happened that night... nothing" she said, her voice was so empty of emotion. She was so raw everything was still too new. She had barely gotten her head around this herself.

She looked down at her hands again and thought that this was what muggles with terrible diseases must feel like. Lost and alone.

"YOU DON'T WANT ME TO LEAVE YET YOU LIE!" Brian yelled out, How dare she say she didn't want to argue yet lie right in front of him, "we made a promise not to hide things from each other, yet you seem to keep breaking it and lying and acting like your find when it sounds like your dead inside!" Brian yelled all of his pent up energy for the last few day unleased in one final yell, "you say you want to be friends and that we're bestfriends yet all you seem to be doing lately is pushing me farther and farther away, WHY!" he said angrilly.

The tears rolled down her cheeks now she couldn't take his anger, she had her own to deal with. And she was angry all the time now. Angry for what had happened to her and angry because the rest of her life would be spent in shame. She had gone to the library but anything on werewolves was in the restricted section, she was going to make a point of asking the headmistress for permission. She needed to know more about who she was becoming.

"Brian" her voice was low and full of sadness for the 11year old girl she had been, full of life and fun and mischief. She could never be her again.
"I can't tell you".

She looked back out to the forest and shuddered. Her hand moved quickly to her face to wipe her tears away.

"You are my bestfriend... but if I told you", she turned her head not wanting to actually look at him, "you wouldn't want to be anymore".

Brian was left speechless, he still felt angry however "you think so little of me then" Brian said calmly "you think that whatever is wrong with you, whatever your hiding from me I wouldn't except it or eventually figure it out on my own?" Brian said trying to convince her but also trying to make her feel as he's been feeling.

Andromeda laughed now, a cold sarcastic laugh. She turned to face him. She was so much paler than what she had been at the Halloween party. She had lost a lot of blood and her body was still getting used to its changes. The wolfsbane helped so much, it didn't dull the agony in her heart or mind though.

"You would never guess in a million years Brian" she looked at him, looked up into his brown eyes and wished she could trust that he would understand and keep her horrible shameful secret.
"It's because I think so much of you that I'm... I'm afraid to tell you", she whispered now.

"it's this I don't understand, you say this yet...." Brian didn't know what to say in response, she was making him mad but breaking him inside as well. After all they'd been through this is how she thought of him, an idiot and someone who would disassociate himself with her over something petty. "I just don't know" Brian said a little dipressed.

Andromeda turned from him again, she had heard a noise in the forest. She couldn't tell though if the noise had been very far in or close by. Her hearing was changing rapidly as well. So much so that the exta noise allowance deafened her sometimes.

She looked at the forest edge, staring as if in a trance. She could hear the growl and snarling of the werewolf, she could feel him on top of her when he knocked her down. Even now it was as if she had been transported back to that night. She could feel his breath on her face, the horrible stench of it and then the huge teeth as they sank into her shoulder.

Instinctively she jerked out of her reverie, her hand shot to her shoulder which had been left badly scarred. She gasped a little. Her nightmares were definitly filtering more and more into her waking world.

"What's the worst thing imaginable in your eyes Brian?" she asked him.

What type of question is that? Brian thought to himself not really sure how he was suppose to answer it. "I don't know getting a 'T' on my O.W.L.s" he said with an indifferent shrug. He really didn't know what to do, she obviouslouly was going through something rough but didn't want to tell him, annoying since he wanted to help but couldn't.

"What if I told you that my worst thing has already happened?" she looked briefly down at her hands again, would they become claws ready to rip some poor animals heart out.
"What happens when you fall asleep to be bombarded with nightmares and you can't escape them" she looked at him now, "You can't escape them at night or day time because the terror in your dreams turns out to be you!"

She knew she wasn't making sense to him, she was making perfect sense for her though. She shivered slightly and turned from the forest putting her back to it, not wanting to see it anymore.

"You went in, didn't you? What did you see inside the Forest?" Brian asked he just knew by the way she was acting that something had happened on Halloween then he began to think about the rumors he'd heard about the forest. "was it the Centuars or something else!?" he asked trying to figure out what was scaring her soo much that she couldn't even confine in him "whatever it is I'm sure Headmistress Barker can help, let's just go talk to her about it!" Brian suggested.

"She knows Brian, she was there. She came to help" Andy looked at him but as if she was looking straight through him.
"Professor Rambolt came as well, I'm alive because of her".

She said it so simply and softly as if she were talking about anything at all.

Brian was trying to controll his emotions, his parents never allowed running or screaming inside the house, they also never allowed him to get angry or appear as though he didn't have peace, calm, and tranquility inside his heart and mind.

"what happened?" he said sternly all these little hints and dabs were clicking together inside his head, something had attacked her and infected her with some sort of disease she couldn't get rid of.... maybe it was AIDs?

Andromeda suddenly felt very tired she knew she would have to go back up to the hospital wing, her uncle had warned her about it since her blood loss and refusal to take the replenishing potion.

"I was attacked" she began to walk back to the castle.

Brian decided to follow her, his worst fears about what had happened had been realised, "by what!? What attacked you!" Brian wondered "why didn't the Professor's prevent it!" Brian asked wondering how such a thing could ever happened in such a well protected school, if the Forest was really that dangerous then.... they should just get rid of it!

Andromeda stopped and looked at him.
"Brian it was my fault, I wondered out here when I shouldn't have. I started dancing... to the light of the full moon", it sounded so ridiculous now when she said it out loud but Halloween night it just seemed so appropriate.

"I got carried away..." she looked back at the forest, her eyes wide again as if she were seeing it all reveal itself for the umpteenth time, she began talking out loud though she wasn't aware she was doing it. She felt almost hypnotised as she stared back at the forest,
"...I danced closer and closer to the trees without realising I had even gone that far. There was a noise and I barely had a chance to turn around.... this... this creature came out of nowhere it pounced on me and I fell to the ground."

Her hand came up quickly to her neck, the stench of the werewolf was still so much around her. No matter how many times she washed she could still smell him.

"It sniffed at me, drooled on me looked at me with eyes the same colour as mine and bit me", she instinctively reached up to her shoulder and winced more from memory than any pain, "I screamed and parts I know I blacked out in but Professor Rambolt came and saved me. It tried to grab me and pull me into the forest, it bit my ankle as well".
She merely glanced down imagining the head of the beast as it pulled her back and then her foot making contact with it, "I kicked it with my other foot and he let go. Headmistress Barker came. There were voices, lots of arguing. There was another man there. It's all pretty much a blur, the pain got too much and I think I blacked out again. Then I was at the hospital...."she stopped and realising what she had said turned quickly and looked at him, fresh tears brimming in her eyes.

"I got bitten by a werewolf Brian." she let that sink in for a moment before saying very quietly,
"I ... I am a ...werewolf".

She hung her head and turned again in the direction of the castle, not altogether sure if it was where she wanted to go right now what she was most afraid of was seeing the reaction on his face.

Brian chased after her "so What!" Brian exclaimed he felt so relieved "He I go thinking you'd been injured with something horrible!" Brian said catching up with her. "I mean really it could be alot worse! you could've been bit by a Vampire and never walk in the Sun again and besides don't they have a potion that's supposed to help?" he asked in a normal tone of voice.

Andromeda stopped in her tracks and turned to him. At first all she could do was look at him with a very funny quizzical expression on her face, disbelieve and hope mixed with so much more.

She went to speak and still for another moment found she was speechless, another new development for her. Eventually she said;

"I'm a werewolf Brian. For the next few years by the light of the full moon I will go mental! Once I become a teenager or around that time, I will actually be able to change at will", she raised her eyes at that part she had no intention of ever changing at will, "I'm now a grade A certified FREAK!" she told him.

"Yes there's a potion to help but it only lessens the effects it doesn't stop them completely", she sighed and squinted her eyes as she looked at him, "I was injured by something horrible Brian. I have nightmares every single night and even when I'm awake I can still see him."
She pulled off her sweater and putting her back to him, she undid the top few buttons of her blouse, she pulled down the material over her shoulder and showed him the massive scarring that covered her entire shoulder. The ordinary healing charms for people apparantly didn't work so well when infected by a werewolf.

Brian didn't want to show that the scar slightly repulsed him. "but your not dead, right. It could've been worse and besides nobody knows besides the Professor's so nobody's gonna treat you differently, except you" Brian said calmly. Nothing in his opinion had changed it was up to her how she wanted to live her life however all he could do is help her come to terms with her descisions.

Andy redid her buttons and picked back up her jumper. She looked at him as if he was mad and not her.

"Trust me I've wanted to be dead. Apparantly my mother is the same mode of thought as you", she muttered angrily, "Do you know what the absolute worse part is?" she looked at him now with the saddest expression, "everytime I fly now I feel sick!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back