OOC First Name
Charlie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Willow Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Maybe it was bold of him to try and set up a prank especially for the prefects. Bold or just incredibly stupid. But Jingyi was confident he could pull it off, he had been planning it for weeks and was sure he wouldn't get caught. And if a prefect or Professor did happen to appear, then he was a pretty fast runner and was sure he could get away without them seeing his face. But first, before he could start setting up, he needed to check that the corridors were empty and there was no one else around. Jingyi whistled innocently as he rocked on his feet around the corner from the prefect's common room, glancing from left to right as he waited for someone to walk past. And he was thankful when someone did, it was someone he recognized. "Hey, Molly, wait a moment," he was quick to try and stop the girl, rushing over with a friendly smile, "Can you do me a favor? Tell me if there's anyone around the corner for me."

Molly was utterly bored. There was nothing to do at Hogwarts. It felt like she practically did everything here already. She hated the fact that she was bored. She could try and see if any of her friends wanted to hang out. But it was too much effort to try and find where they were. The Hufflepuff had been minding her own business when she heard whistling and then someone calling out her name. She looked up and smiled brightly when she recognised someone. "Hi Jingyi" Molly giggled and waved. Molly frowned a little when Jingyi had asked her to look out and see if there was anyone around the corner. She then smiled and shrugged. "Sure!" Molly giggled and skipped towards the corner, seeing if there was anyone. "Hmm, nope! I don't see anyone!" Molly says with a shrug and smile, as she reported back with what she could see.

Jingyi blinked when Molly quickly recognized which twin he was. Then he remembered the glaring difference between him and his brother. Yeah, it would be pretty easy to tell, wouldn't it? Though Jingyi still pouted, "How did you know it was me?" Every single time someone recognized him from Xinyi he was horribly reminded about the bright red mark on his cheek and it made him feel all insecure for just a second. But he tried to shake it off and pretend it didn't bother him as much as it did, waiting patiently as the girl did as he asked. "Are you super sure?" He pressed when she reported back with no sign of anyone. "Did you properly look? Can you make extra sure?"

Molly's eyebrows furrowed a little, as she was a bit confused about what Jingyi had said. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I mistake you for someone else? I just remember you from when we met before Hogwarts is all" Molly says with a shrug and small smile. Molly didn't really know or recognise most of her classmates as she was always in her imaginary world. Thinking about something out of this world. Molly nodded her head as Jingyi had to make sure. She tripled checked just in case. "I'm super duper sure! The coast is clear!"

"Oh, um, no, you didn't. I was just wondering how you knew it wasn't my twin or whatever." Maybe she didn't even know he was an identical twin. That was always a possibility. But he would have thought most people would have realized there were two of the seemingly same person walking around by now. But at least Molly was alright with doing what he asked and once again checked the corridor for him and announced that there was no one around. "Perfect," he responded with a grin, rummaging in his pocket for what he was looking for before he pulled out a portable swamp which had not been easy to get his hands on. "I'm going to stick this is front of the prefect's common room."

Molly gasped. "Really? You have a twin? That's so cool! What's that like?" Molly says with curiosity. Molly never had a twin but having a twin sounded a lot better than having an annoying and unhelpful older brother. She smiles when he responded about the coast being clear, making her way back closer to him. Molly creased her eyebrows in confusion when she saw him take out something. "What is that? Are we gonna be in trouble for that?" Molly says with worry and uncertainty. Whatever was going to happen next, she hoped that she wasn't going to get into trouble for this.

"You mean you hadn't noticed two of me walking around before now?" He gave her a rather strange look. It had been a whole semester now, he would have thought most people would have noticed given the fact that Xinyi was usually always following him around the place. "But it's fine, I guess," it wasn't really. It could actually be pretty lame. Especially because Xinyi could just be so soft and Jingyi was always having to try and protect him because he clearly couldn't protect himself. But he didn't want to get into that, instead, glancing to the portable swamp still held in his hand. "Course not. I don't plan on getting caught."

Molly shook her head. "No, I'm usually just in my own world. Sorry... What's his name?" Molly says with a small laugh and shrugs. She never really paid attention to the outside world. Always daydreaming and having so many imaginative scenarios that she really didn't pay attention to the things around her. Molly nodded when Jingyi had told her that he guessed being a twin was fine. She always wondered what it would be like to have a twin. Were they as annoying as her little sister? She will never know. Molly looked around the corridor unsurely. "I mean if you're sure... You're gonna do a throw and run?" Molly says unsurely. Molly wasn't really the one to cause trouble unless she was peer pressured to do so. Before Hogwarts, her brother would sometimes cause trouble and would bring her down with him.

It really was quite surprised to find someone who didn't know he was an identical twin. Jingyi didn't know the boys, but he was aware of another set of identical twins in their year. A Slytherin and a Ravenclaw, if he was remembering correctly. Or maybe he had just noticed because he had some sort of 'twin radar' or something. "Xinyi," he offered his brother's name, though he didn't really see the point in knowing it if she didn't even know who he was. Or maybe she did and just hadn't noticed they were two different people. "Yeah, though I'm going to wait for a prefect to come past first. No point in missing out seeing any of the fun."

Molly nodded when Jingyi had said his twin's name. "I'll keep that in mind," Molly says with a small smile. She wasn't sure how she missed the fact that there were twins around the castle. But like she had mentioned, she guessed that she was always busy in her own little world to notice. She nods when Jingyi mentions that he was going to wait for a prefect. "I wonder if there will be any prefects around. I didn't see many around at the moment. So I guess it might be a while"

"You probably have seen him before," he offered with a small shrug of his shoulder, "You probably just mistook him for me or something." It could be possible, even if there was a rather glaring difference between the two boys. Unless he wore a lot of makeup to try and cover up the birthmark, there was never any chance he could pass as his twin brother. But Molly wa right about one thing and that was there didn't really seem to be any prefects around at the moment. He frowned. "I don't mind waiting," it was going to be worth it in the end he was sure. Then he glanced over at the girl, "You don't have to stick around as well, you know."

Molly nods when Jingyi speaks about his twin, about seeing him around. "You're probably right. That makes sense" Molly says with a small nod. She probably did see his twin around and didn't notice that they were two different people. Again, Molly had always wondered what it was like to have a twin. How fun it would be to swap places and no one would notice. "Do you have any other siblings? Or is your twin the only sibling you have?" Molly asked curiously. Molly had three other siblings, and it was already loud and annoying enough at home. She also guessed it would be nice to get to know her classmates a bit better. Molly shook her head when Jingyi had told her that she didn't have to stick around. "No, It's okay. I don't mind staying here, I don't have anywhere else to be. Plus, I wanna see what happens" Molly says with a giggle. She usually wasn't really into the idea of getting into trouble, but she was curious of what was going to happen.

Jingyi nodded his head quickly when he was asked if he had any other siblings. "I have an older sister as well. She's a second year and in Ravenclaw." Jingyi was the youngest sibling, if only by a couple of minutes. Though he didn't really feel like the youngest, with how much he tried to protect his brother it often felt like he was the elder of the two of them. But he supposed it didn't matter if he was the youngest or not, he and Xinyi were still the same age with only a couple of minutes different. And no one cared about minutes. But it was surprising that Molly wanted to stick around, blinking at her for just a moment. "You want to stick around?" He was a little unsure, what if she got him into trouble? "I mean... I guess you can if you want to."

Molly nods as Jingyi mentions that he has an older sister in her second year. "Oh, that's cool. I have an older brother who's also a second year, but he's in Hufflepuff" Molly explains with a shrug. She always wondered what it was like to have an older sister. She had a little sister, but she was annoying and didn't really do things Molly wanted to do, and would do the exact opposite. Molly shrugged. "Unless you want me to go? I can. But yeah I can stick around. If you don't mind" Molly says with a small smile. She had a small feeling that he didn't really want her to be there. But she felt bad if he was there alone and he got into trouble alone. "If we get into trouble, I'll take the blame," Molly says as she half lied. She wasn't exactly sure what would happen if they did get in trouble, and depending on the circumstances, maybe she could take the blame. And she wouldn't exactly want to leave a friend behind.

"That's cool," he offered, though the truth of the matter was he didn't really care if the girl had older siblings or not. Though he supposed it was a little cool that they had something in common with siblings in their second year. But only a little. "I already said it was okay if you stay, didn't I?" If he had wanted her to leave him alone then he probably would have just told her that to her face by now. And he didn't mind her staying so long as he didn't get in the way. And besides, he still needed someone to keep an eye on the corridor to see when a prefect made an appearance as he still wanted to remain anonymous. But the next thing Molly said did surprise him quite a bit, blinking with a surprise. "You'd take the blame?" He really had not seen that one coming at all. "Why?" She had to have some angle, no one would willingly take the blame for someone else like that without some kind of angle.

Molly smiled and shrugged when he responded about their siblings. She had guessed that he wasn't really interested in them talking about their siblings, which Molly didn't mind, she was happy to talk about something else, though nothing had really come to mind when she was thinking of changing the topic. She nodded at Jingyi's words about her staying. "I guess," Molly says with a small smile and shrug. Molly now felt that she had to leave, but she didn't really want to either. She then shrugged again at Jingyi's question. "No reason, really. Just don't want to leave anyone behind, I guess. Also, I would feel bad for you getting into trouble" Molly says with a small shrug as she explains. She thought that it would be a nice thing to do, and she usually didn't really get up to much trouble.

He was still really confused as to why Molly, a girl he wouldn't really say he was friends with or anything, would be willing to take the blame for a prank she had nothing to do with. Well, nothing to do with it until Jingyi had tried to rope her into becoming an accomplice to the whole thing. He'd been planning on pinning the blame on her if they had gotten caught in the first place, but it was the fact she would take the blame anyway which was really confusing him. "Why would you feel bad about it? Not like we're close or anything," he could understand a little if they were friends, but they weren't. They had only spoken a handful of times in the past.

Molly shrugged a little, pretending what Jingyi had said didn't really hurt. The Hufflepuff thought of mostly everyone she spoke or got on with, were her friends. She guessed that she was always quick to think that everyone she meets were her friends. "I dunno. I just do. I guess it's in my nature" Molly says with a small shrug and a small chuckle. Even if she didn't really know Jingyi, she still felt bad and thought that it was a nice thing to do. "Buuttt, if you don't want me to take the blame, that's okay too," Molly says with a shrug. She guessed that if he wasn't going to allow her to do so, that was fine too. Though what he had said about them not being close had stung her, she could be a bit petty and tell on him instead - But she also thought that was mean.

"That's weird," he was still quick to offer with a small frown. No one else he knew would just be so willing to jump in the line of fire like that. Except for his brother, but that was almost a given at this point. And anyway, it was usually Jingyi doing all the jumping in that relationship. "I didn't say that," he was quick to respond, folding his arms across his chest, "I was just curious was all." If she was willing to take the blame for things, then he certainly wasn't going to complain about it. It saved him from having to actually pin the blame on her if she was just going to go and do it herself.

Molly just shrugged as Jingyi had mentioned that it was weird. But she'd do anything for anyone. She guessed that maybe it was a bit of a flaw of her. Doing it to people that she didn't really know. Molly shrugs at Jingyi's quick response. "Sure, okay," Molly says with a small shrug and smile. Even if they weren't necessarily close, she still thought that this small prank was a great idea. Though maybe she was now thinking if she regretted taking the blame for it now. She looked around a little, hoping that there was a prefect or someone around so that they can finally get this prank right underway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back