In the stars

Lilith Patil

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Lilith was watching TV in the living room. It had to been the third or forth time she had seen Star Wars this week alone. There little girl had started to slow down and not kick as much. Lilith had been worried that there was something wrong with the baby but everyone had assured her that it meant that her daughter was just sitting back and getting ready to show up. During the movie Lilith felt like her back was starting to hurt. Trying to ignore it Lilith let her mind go back to the movie. After a few more minutes Lilith felt a sharp pain in her stomach. "Babe get in here." Lilith called to her husband getting to her feet. Which was probably a big mistake. Once she was on her feet it felt like she had been drenched in water and her stomach felt like it was being ripped in two. Grabbing the small green stone from around her neck Lilith talked into it. "Mom the baby is coming." Lilith said before she fall back on the couch and screamed for her husband once again.

Praneil was in the kitchen preparing some afternoon tea for them both. he had shut the shop for lunch now so he could be with liith as he knew the baby was due. just as he cut an apple he herd Lil shout. putting the knife down he practically ran into the living room. Lilith had never had that strained voice. there she was standing in the middle of the room looking like she had wet herself. he went over to her putting his arms around her for support. was she about to fall over. "maybe you should sit down" he suggested though the sound of his wife shouting practically into his ear explained exactly what it was, what he had hoped it was. his little daughter on the way. not sure what to do he tried to get Lilith to relax until morgan arrived. after a while he went to get the bag of supplies that the healers had said he needed before quickly returning back to his wife.

Morgan was in the bathroom holding her hair out of the way as she vomited into the toilet. she must have eaten something dodgy the previous day as over the last few hours this was where she was spending the majority of her time. here. she took a sit pf the liquorice tea which was meant to calm her stomach thankfully it was empty now so maybe noting else would come back up until she ate. then the rinsed her mouth out with mouthwash to get rid of the taste. as she was mid gargle she felt her necklace heat up and instantly the room was filled with liliths voice echoing around the walls. the mouthwash splatted across the mirror. the remaining she did managed to get into the sink before heading into the bedroom where she had a fire blazing she grabbed the floo powder and threw it into the fire before she had fully decided who she could call. she would have said Eden but she and lil had fallen out months ago. that left Elvera who was still ill. "divination tower" she said before sticking her head into it. "elvera, are you there. I know you are ill but I need your help" she said softly. however when Elvera ignored her her voice hardened. "Elvera Nimue Le Fey. I know you are ill but you are needed. Lil is having the baby and you need to be there." she said before she startd to retch again. "I'm ill and elvera and eden and lil aren't talking" she said hoping that it was enough to convince elvera.

Evera was in her tower. she had gotten worse since the night she had gone to see icarus. morgan had to forve her to do everthing. and she had been feeling almost herself. thinking of morgan she heard morgans voice. no it couldn't be her mother, she must be dreaming. why would morgan need her help, she had been no help at all over the months, an now there was nothing she could do. she didn't even turn around. however her mothers voice came through again. with an edge she had never heard before. the tone that was more like a demand. as soon as the words had left her flame lips she gasped. Lil was having the baby. and She needed to be there. Her who had no experience at babies and never would do. wouldn't Eden be better. but then she remembered Eden and lil had fallen out and her mother repeated it to confirm.
she felt a part of her return. and like she had done the other night she felt her body working without her command. getting up, slipping on some clean clothes over her slip style dress that she had worn the previous day. then she was by the fire floo powder being thrown into the fire. "lilith and praneil patils house" she said forgetting the house name. she spun until she reached their hearth. "Lil, Are you alright, is it the Baby coming?" she said giving her sister a hug and helping praneil take some things out of the bag. with each one she touched she knew what it was for. "come on now Lil. I need you to relax" she said no idea what she was meant to do, and neither did the nothing. "are the healers or midwives coming" she asked praying there were.

Lilith was in the worst pain of her life. Why had she decided to get pregnant? Her body felt like it was trying to rip itself apart. Eden had once said that giving birth was the closet a women would ever get to death and still remain alive. Lilith had planned on giving birth in the sun room but there was no way she was moving. The living room would work it would have to. Letting out another scream Lilith grabbed her husbands hand. "This is all your fault." Lilith said as she tried to remember what the healers had told her. Where was her mom? She couldn't do this without her mother. Reaching for her stone again her sister came out of the fireplace. She felt her sisters arms around her hugging her. She felt better almost at once. Now she just needed there mom and her daughter could be born. "She's coming wheres mom?" Lilith asked looking over at the fireplace expecting her mom to show up any second. She heard Elvera ask where the healer was. Lilith let out a laugh. "What healer? Mom delivered Aine she's the one that's going to be delivering Padme." Feeling another pain Lilith let out a long breath and tried not to push. It wasn't time yet that much Lilith knew. But it would soon be time.

Praneil kept lilith close, he could see she was in extreme pain. he wanted to stop ithadnt her promiced never to hurt her again, yet here she was in agony and he was useless. then Lil was shouting at him, blaming him "I wish i could help love, that i could some how stop it" she said taking her hand. squeze as much as it hurts" he said thinking afterwards that that may result with injuries on his part but hopefully it woul make her feel better, and that was all that mattered.
it was a relief when the fire turned green as it meant that morgan would be arriving and able to help. at first he saw the dark hair. Mor... Elvera!? wheres Morgan" he said when he realised that it wasnt his mother-in-law arriving but his sister in law. was this going to be a big family thing. hopefully not as lilith had two families bot quite large. when elvera asked if the healers were coming he shook his head. she must have been really out of it he was sure she would have been told of the plan to have a home birth with morgan delivering the baby. "that was Morgans job" he said maybe a little harder than he intended.

The sight of her sister in ain did something to elvera. she felt the need to help her this need pushed back the cloud. she wasnt sure how to break it to them that morgan was unabl to come, and they would have to have her, amiture second rate her. Umm morgan" she stated but thankfully her and her sisters necklaces started to talk the combined sound echoed Aroun the room "Lilith I am So Sorry. I am sick. Elvera you will have to do it. I know you can do it" it said in morgans voice, just then Elvera had either a very clear memory appear or a vision. she watched as Eden was giving birth to Aine. and tried to coppy what morgan did. "praneil, please can you get me some hot water" she said reavanging the bags contents around the pace.
now Elvera turned back to Lilith. "now just relax" she said crushing up some herbs to make a tea that would both help with the delivery and decrease the pain. soon praneil was back and she poured the water through them leaving them a minute to infuse, the minute that seemed to last for ages. eventually she poured it into a cup and gave it to lil before busying thing herself with other things, dipping back into the memory or vision when she needed it. "how are you feeling now?' she asked wondering how far she was and ow long it looked like she had before things started to get even more intense.

Lilith was normally the sweet and calm one but right now she was in a insane amount of pain. From the look on Elvera's face she wasn't aware that there mom was the family healer in a way. She could hear her husband's voice trying to stay calm but when it came to his family he tended to get a little hard. Lilith heard her moms voice and she let out a groan of frustration. She loved her dearly but since she found out that she couldn't have kids Elvera had become almost useless. A look crossed her sisters face and Lilith knew that she was going into vision land as she liked to call it. Whatever she saw seemed to change Elvera a little bit. "Elvera we can do this." Lilith took the cup of tea and drank it all in one drink. Her body started to relax and she could feel everything that was happening. She could feel her daughter falling into position. Taking her husbands hand once again Lilith took a breath and let it out slowly. She could still feel the pain but it wasn't as bad. This she could handle. "How long was Eden in labor?" Lilith asked wondering how her older sister had been able to handle it.

Praneil could see lil wasnt happy with the prospect of Elvera delivering the baby but what chance did they have. sure she wouldn't have been his first choice either as recently she had been acting rather odd (to put it lightly) but if she was willing to help then let her help. he watched as Elvera took control of the situation, glad that he didn't have to. he nodded when she asked for some hot water, secretly glad for a chance to have a moment to readjust to the situation. as soon as he had a hot jusg od steaming water he headed back handed it to Elvera and took his wife's hand again. part of him wondered what was in the herbs that were being prepared. he had been brought up learning about plants and potion ingredients from is dad in the hope that he would join the family business.
the tea made a huge difference to lilith he felt her visibly relax and that caused him to relax too. the question about Edens labor took him as a bit of surprise she hardly ever talked about her sister any more. they had fallen out when she had got her job as an auror. he watched Elvera working and kept up a chain of encouragement pausing only to listen to instructions as that was all he felt capable to do.

the vision she was having was rather odd. she could almost see her mothers hands working in front of her on Eden as she copied them on Lilith. she didn't complain. whatever it was she was doing was working. she also wasn't paying to much attention to their heads and hardly any to praneil. though she was glad they were both encouraging her as she wasn't still 100% sure what needed doing. if she had time to think she would have been surprised by how unfazed she was with the whole thing, maybe she was one of those people who don't mind that sort of thin, or maybe she just hadn't given herself enough time to think about it. it was more likely the second one
most of the words Praneil said she didn't listen to. she needed all her concentration at the other end to stop things going wrong. "I am not sure how long Eden was in labor. an hour or so i think" she said though during that time it could have been minutes or a day. she looked down at lil now I need you to push when you feel the pains" she said hoping that it would be over quickly, as truth be told it wasn't a job she wanted to extend if posable. "you are doing a great job" she said as she could see the baby start to move out. this was when she lost track of time in edens pregnancy. "keep going. you are getting there" she called then a while later. "you are almost there". by now she could see the baby and try and help guide it out. "you are so almost there. one more push and you will be a mum, so make it a good one" she called getting ready to take hold of the baby as it came out.

Lilith felt like her daughter was never going to be born. She wasn't feeling any pain but she could feel the pressure. She just had to concentrate. It had been over an hour and it felt like she hadn't gotten anywhere. Panic was starting to settle in. What if something was wrong with her baby? Maybe she shouldn't have decided on a home birth. Lilith should have just gone to the hospital. Time seemed to be passing so slowly. Elvera didn't seemed panicked at all. Lilith wanted to give up but Elvera's soft words helped Lilith along. Finally after what seemed close to a million years Elvera told her that it was all down to one finale push. Taking a deep breath Lilith pushed as hard as she could. There was a moment where the house seemed to stand still and than the room was filled with the loud cry that could only be from her daughter. Lilith looked down and saw her crying daughter in her sisters arms. "Ohmygod shes perfect." Lilith said looking at her husband with tears in her eyes.

his hand tight in his wifs praneil waited encoraging his wife to keep going. "Come on, you have come this far briliently, you can do this too" he said as she looked like she wanted to give up or panic. time passed and the grip started to get sweaty though he knew better than to let goinstead he moved to behind lil and statrted massarging her shouldersand holding her against him. he didnt know how long had passed exet for the hands on the mantel had had moved to say it was about an hour. how he wished he could be more help.
finally he heard his sister-in-law say one more push lilith pushed then there was silence. befrore a scream filled the room indicating the arrival of the newest member of the family. he smiled seeing it was a girl just like lilith had said it would be. "she is perfect, just like you are perfect. I love you" he said before kissing her as Elvera continued working. he looked over at the other lady in a new light, he had always sen her as a little bit of a push over, Lilith was so strong, and what he knew Eden was too but Elvera wasn't, she had gone to pieces at the news of her inability to have children, but now he saw he as just as almost as he sisters though in a different way. "thank you very much Elvera" he said giving her a hug before turning back to lil who had the baby.

Elvera knew that Lilith would push hard enough and sure she did. the tiny baby girl half slid half was pushed into her waiting hands. the girl was so perfect, small, a little shrived and crying yes but perfect. there was something special about being the first person to hold a baby. though she felt guilt to to taking the girls first moments before the mother. she felt tears welling in her eyes and running down her face. she was so happy and proud of her sister. "oh lil, she is so precious. you are so lucky" she said as she cut the cord and wrapped the child in a blanket before anding her to her sister. now it was time to clear some of the mess and leave the new parents to bond. just as she got up she felt Praneil next to her giving her a hug of thanks. "I's okay. thats what sister and sister-in-laws are for" she said still crying. only then did she realise that she felt lighter, like a heavy cloak had been lifter off her shoulders. and the clouds that had been with her for months had gone. she hugged lil and kissed the baby on the forehead. "thank you very much little one" she whispered. before heading into the kitchen and returning with a bag to put the afterbirth and other mess into, now realising she felt fully like herself, her old self of this time last year.

Lilith couldn't believe the moment was finally here. Elvera handed her, her baby and she didn't know what to say. All the pain and sickness she had to deal with no didn't seem to matter anymore. Lilith looked into her daughters eyes and smiled. "Welcome to the world Padme. Iv'e been waiting a long time to meet you." Lilith whispered to her daughter. Looking at her sister she wanted to cry all over again. It didn't seem far that both her and Eden had a family but Elvera was childless. "Thank you so much sis. I don't think I could have done it without you." Lilith said as she motioned for her husband to come over and take the baby from her. Lilith wanted to climb into bed and rest. The past few hours had taken a lot out of her and now what she really needed was to get some rest.

Praneil thought he had been ready to be a dad. however now that the baby, Padme, was here he felt just as unprepared as ever. what should he do? she smiled at the name, padme. he had told Lilith ages ago that the initial p had become almost a bit of an inside joke in the family. there was him, praneil, his dad, Paliv, as well as aunt parminda and distant aunts padma and pavati. he smiled when elvera said that was was sister-in-laws were for. he knew she didn't have to. he would have dreaded doing it, yet she did it anyway. he looked back to lilith and Padme, and saw tears flowing down his wife's face. it's all right lil, you did a wonderful job, is there anything you want,at all" he asked. putting a hand on each of her shoulders. soon he had the baby in his hands, and he looked down at the innocent face of padme, it would have been nice to say she looked like her mother but as a new born she really looked just like a baby. though there was something bout lilith on her smile. in fact he was so absorbed in her that he didn't notice the fire turn green for a few minutes. he looked at it holding padme close incase someone unfriendly was arriving. though it was a box appearing in the flames. "what on earth" he asked wondering who would have sent them such a small and old box even if it was quite fancy.

elvera felt a little drained, though it wasn't the kind of drained that she had been feeling of as of late, it was the sort of drained that one felt after a hard exam or running a race, the sort of drained that had a buzz with it. she looked up at Lilith and saw that she was stairing at her and crying though Elvera could tell from her expression they weren't tears of happiness. "Lil, please dont cry, today is such a happy day, you shouldn't worry about anything other than padme" she said trying to hug her sister but with husband and daughter there there wasn't much room. when lilith thanked her she smiled. "no thank you or letting me and trusting me, all three of you have done more for me than I can thank you for this afternoon, as I am actually feeling almost normal" she said still in the awkward half hug. weather it had been the process of helping lilith, or the arrival of padme, or even the working without feeling things had been what did it, either way she knew that Padme and Lilith were who was to blame for it, and she couldn't have been more grateful
thankfully there was something to distract them the fire had turned green and there appeared a box on the hearth. she stared at it for a moment, it couldn't be what she thought it was, it wasn't often non seers children had stones (well from the people she knew, and that was just, Maya. glad to be out of the awkward hug she went over to the hearth and took it. yes it was, it was Morgans box, "umm sis, I think this is for you" she said handing it to her sister who's hands were luckily baby free by now.

Lilith knew that she was being silly crying for no reason but she just couldn't help it. She had everything she could have ever wanted. Now all she had to do was figure out how to fix Elvera. That would have to wait for now. Lilith had seen the fire place light up and she saw the box and knew what it was. It was normally on her mothers desk. Praneil of course did not know this. It was a good thing that he was now holding his daughter because Elvera brought her the box and Lilith knew that normally it wouldn't open in less the person touching it was the intended owner of the object inside but special exceptions where made for newborns. Opening the box the little stone was the same size and shape as Lilith's and Elveras but a different color. Lilith tried to make out the color but it seemed to be unable to decide between a dark purple and a dark blue. Lilith wondered what that could mean. Taking the stone and chain out of the box. Lilith closed it and handed it back to Elvera so she could place it back in the fireplace. Padme was still to small to wear it but Lilith would make sure that it was close to her at all times. "Elvera get to know your niece your the only aunt shes got. Not to mention her godmother that is if you will accept." Lilith said softly.

Praneil loked at what the sisters were doing, it seemed like some odd ritual. opening the box to show a stone a deep blue purple stone, it looked like a green one lil often wore and a blue one that was around elveras neck. "what the?" he asked but just then Padme let out a couple and he changed the position of her cautiously. preying that she wouldn't fall, he so wasn't used to this. he had held his cousins a couple of times but he would always pass them to his aunts or someone else if they seemed uncomfortable or moved, he didn't know how odd it would be being half responsible for the total wellbeing of a whole person. deciding that it would be best to let someone else have a hold he passed her to Elvera. lil did say she should get to know her niece. he agreed there would be no one better to be her godmother than elvera. "does anyone want a drink, or something to eat?" he said wanting to get a little break from the room for a couple of minutes. even if no one else wanted anything he would go and get some water or tea and biscuits or something.

Elvera watched not realising she was holding her breath as her sister opened the box. the stone was a deep dark bluey purple, or was it purply blue, she wasn't sure. any other colour mix and it wouldn't have concerned her so much, but blue? her stone was blue, so was Morgans, and she was pretty sure morgause wore a blue ring. she felt her heart sink a little. did this mean? maybe, at least the line would carry on even if it was through lilith, though it seemed co confirm to her what the healers said. she tried not to let any of this show in her face as she didn't want to upset Lilith. she took the box back to the fire and with a little floo powder she sent it back to morgan. and when she returned Praneil seemed relieved to give her Padme. "thank you" she said taking her niece in her arms. but then her attention was turned to lilith, she knew lilith had disowned each other as sisters so thefact that she was the girls only aunt didn't really surprise her though is was a little sad for mogan. but this was nothing compared to what was next. her whole face lit up. "Of course I will be love to be, honoured to be her godmother." she said hugging padme a little tighter and about to hug lil but deciding it would be smarter not to. "If you are getting something, I could just do with a glass of water or cup of tea?" she said hoping that she wasn't being impolite pushing him away from his daughter, but he seemed sort of relieved to be getting away. and at the mention of food and drink she felt suddenly hungry, as if all the feed she hadn't eaten over the last ten months had caught up with her, and she suddenly realised how thin and gaunt she must be.

Lilith could tell that her husband wanted out of the room for a moment. She didn't blame him. He had been a great help but when it came down to it everything was on Elvera and Lilith. Looking at the stone a little more Lilith wasn't sure what it meant. Hers was green. Eden's was red and from what she remembered Aine's was pink. Padme's was close in color to Elveras and Morgans. Could that mean that Padme would end up being a seer? If so Lilith knew that her daughter would need her aunt and grandmother even more.

Praneil mentioned food and Lilith shook her head. "None for me. I might feed Padme in a while shower and than head to bed. Today has been a long day." Lilith leaned back and closed her eyes. Everything was good. Her husband was getting food for Elvera and Elvera had Padme. Without even realizing it Lilith fall asleep on the couch.

tea that would be fine for him too. praneil put the kettle on, not trying to heat it up quicker by magic, the old muggle electricty was fast enough. soon the kettle was boiled and he took a couple of teabags and put one in each of two cups. as they stewed he took a pack of chocolate fingers out of the cupboard and opened them. he really wasn't the best at presentation, then he took the bags out of the tea and added a splash of mink to each before adding sugar to his. once he was done he headed back into the main room where he found elvera cradling little padme, and Lilith still on the sofa. he wasn't too surprised to see both mother and daughter nodding off to sleep. it had been a big day for them both. being giving birth and being born. silently he placed elveras cup on the coffee table as well as the biscuits wishing that he had thought to take them out of the loud paper wrappings. before taking a mouthful of his own tea.

Elvera looked at her niece. she was such a pretty baby. she didn't think she would ever see someone this pretty. it was like there was some odd connection between them. Sure she loved Aine but holding padme in her arms felt different. it was probably because she had been the one to deliver padme, where it was morgan who delivered Aine she thought. "that sounds like a Good plan, Lil. you could do with the rest" she said "I will stick around this afternoon and evening and help with anything I can though mum won't be happy if i don't tell her the news tonight" she said. though she was sure that she wouldn't mind a few hours when they were still working everything out. the room was quiet for a few moments and all she could hear was praneil moving around in the kitchen. it took her a few minutes to realise that her sister had actually fallen asleep, and Padme was drifting off to.
when her brother in law came back in she lightly put her finger to her lips signalling to be quiet. he was as quiet as he could be as he placed the food and drink down. deciding not to risk the noise of the chocolate fingers she picked up the tea and holding it so that it couldn't possibly be spilt on Padme took a sip. "maybe we should put this one to bed, do you have a mosses basket or something for her?" she whispered all but silently.
praneil nodded and left the room returning a moment later with a small basket like bed in which elvera laid the baby before they both drank their tea in silence not daring to leave the room in case anything was to happen to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back