In the evening

Kate Johnson

Wand
Holly wand, 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kate had given up on her book and so had slipped out of the noisy common room. Gliding silently up the stairs she found herself entering the empty north tower. Last year, when she had found out that her uncle had died, she had come here and had a row with Theo.

Sitting on the window ledge, she breated in the fresh air and huddled up. Clutching her knees to her chest she sighed. Everything was different to what she had planned. Everything. The ball was coming up soon and she had no partner. Not wanting to go, she had thought about having a private ball to herself and friends.

Pat had convinced her that it would be alright and so she was ready to go. Her dress was hanging in her wardrobe and she thought quietly about it. Pulling her freezing knees up to her big CANADA jumper and sighed.

Sam had been meaning to reply to his uncle but 'studying (quidditch)' seemed to get in the way. So today before he pulled out his shiney new broom he forced himself up the long staircase into the owlery.

Sam wasn't expecting anyone to be in the Owlery it was a nice day, a cool breeze but the suin still shone. He noticed a blonde girl huddled up by the window. Kate? he had met Kate up here a good few times before. Maybe it was 'her' spot. "Kate? Is that you?" he said and peeked his head around to see her. It was Kate. "Hey. Whaddup?" he asked her while tying his letter to an owl. As he watched the owl flutter off he turned around to her.

(( :r: Whoops ))

Sam nodded, "Yeah I'm good thanks." She then annouced that she was deciding wheter or not she should go to the ball. "You should go. I'm sure it'll be a fun night!" Sam said, he wasn't too excited about the dance but he was a guy. Girls loved these kind of things right? "Why wouldn't you want to go?"

Sam shrugged, "I just learned to dance." he said sheepishly. He wanted to make this night perfect for Jenn after all the trauma she went through. As neither of them could dance Sam asked Harri to teach him the basics. He could do it quite well now after many hours of practise.

Sam wasn't sure if he could help her with the date part, "I can teach you to dance.." Sam suggested.

Sam nodded, "Well I'll be glad to be of service." he said kindly. "Yup. A waltz sounds good." It was the only dance he knew but he wasn't going to mention that. They stood there awkwardly for a bit before Sam realised he had to lead. He gave her a last smile before leading the way...

Sam shook his head, "Nah..." he said modestly. "Your good to dance with." Sam said. Sam tried to return to the dance, he got back into it smoothly a few hiccups but nothing much. "Where you at the dance last year?" he asked her.

"Oh right.." Sam said quietly. "I'm sure you'll find someone...I mean do you have anyone in mind." Sam said to her, "Because if you do you may aswell ask him. See if he agrees." he suggested helpfully.

Sam sighed. "Hmm..its tricky." Sams advice was gone he really didn't know what else to do or say. "Play dumb. Ask him. Get some courage I mean if he rejects so what?! His loss. He also might change his mind if he realised he could be going with you." Sam added kindly. "Who is he?" he asked her stopping dancing for a bit, it was hard to do both things.

Kate smiled, "Thanks but i don't think that would work." Sam would never know that Kate was looking the guy she wanted right in the face and he was giving her advise on how for her to get him for the Yule Ball. "I can't say who it is." She continued and stopped to return to the window seat.

Sam scratched his head, "Kate you can tell me." Sam said, it was only saying a name it wasn't going to kill her. Sam thought, the whole thing was quite strange. Was it supposed to be private? "Do I know him?" he asked her calmly.

Sam raised an eyebrow, you know him quite well. He knew Knight quite well...but that was about it. Kate didn't know Knight well he never mentioned Kate. Which he would if they knew each other quite well. No definitely not Knight Sam came to the conclusion. This was really starting to bug him, "Kate just give me a name." Sam didn't know how hard it could be.

(lol)

(( :)) Um...you could just blurt it out... or something? ))

Sam sighed. He knew he shouldn't be pestering her like this and he wouldn't but she had said he knew this guy quite well and the fact that she wasn't telling him mean't there was something behind it. "Kate? Please?" Sam pleaded her.

(( :r: ))

Sam was still puzzeled even by her question. "If it was me? Well I would-" then it clicked. She was talking about him. he swallowed hard, "Me?" Sam said his voice was broken. "..I.." he paused, he didn't know what to say. "Me?" he repeated still surprised by all of this. He wished he had never pestered her to tell him.

Kate began to walk out the door. Sam snapped out of his silliness, and grabbed her arm. "Wait." He turned her around to face him then let go of her, "When? W-when did you?" He sighed at his own stupidity at how he could not say the words, "What does this mean?" He referred to the fact that did she like him in that way or just as friends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back