Closed In From The Rain

Logan didn't open his eyes, but smirked slightly at the womans reaction to waking up. "No need to rush," He told her, not moving. "We're too old for the walk of shame, dear. If you want to go, I won't stop you, but the bed is still warm and I make a mean breakfast," He yawned, stretching a moment before relaxing back into the mattress.

Violet froze, midway through pulling her shirt down over her torso. She seemed lost in thought for a second, before turning around to face Logan with a slightly embarrassed smile. Perhaps more fitting on someone half her age. "You're right," she admitted, sitting back down on the bed a little slower than she would have liked. Her back wasn't in the greatest condition - it hadn't been since she was about 32, to be fair. "It's...been a while. Which I probably said a few times last night." She sank down further, resting her head on the pillow and turning to Logan with a gentle laugh. "I think you might have to pinch me. You're obviously far too good to be true." Well, the whole living on the other side of the world part still existed. But she'd gone against her better judgement once, why would she start listening to it now?

Logan cracked the barest of smiles when she got back in bed, and shifted to pull the blankets back up over her. He draped his arm around her, yawning. "That's just the whiskey talking," He teased gently, perfectly comfortable. "I'm not as young as I once once, either. I've got a few days free if you'd like to crash here and get past the hangover," he chuckled, knowing it would be a few hours yet before he dragged himself out of bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back