Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
The more Violet's orbit brought her in proximity to the wizarding community in New Zealand, the more she needed to get away. Too many painful memories. Knowing it was all her fault for failing and having no way to climb back up, no one to turn to. All she could really do was encourage her surrogate nieces and nephews, try not to let her bitterness influence them too much (and usually fail).

A distant relative's suggestion brought her to the other side of the world for a much needed break. Even if it was tangentially work related (an elder wizard's estate sale), she was more there to catch her breath. Enjoy the peace, the anonymity. Stop overthinking for five minutes.

Enjoy the rain, more like. She'd forgotten how much it rained over here. One moment she'd been window shopping, the next it was pouring. It wasn't quite safe to apparate away or conjure up an umbrella, she thought, but the pub nearby was open. And Violet would never say no to a drink. Racing in, she tried not to slip on the wet ground, luckily making it before she got too damp. She barely took in any of the sights around her, instead beelining for the bar, sidling on to an empty stool. She probably stuck out like a sore thumb (though she'd smartly dressed in muggle clothes), but at least she was undercover.

Logan had owned the Drunken Sailor for nearly ten years now, and had it doubling as a brewery and a pub all in one. It was a good living, and an honest one. He couldn't ask for more than that. The man was probably about halfway through his life and he couldn't say he regretted it. It was almost lonely sometimes, but he had the pub.

He was manning the bar, two of his servers busy serving the afternoon rush, when the door opened again. Logan looked up, brow raising just a touch at the woman that came in. Tourist, He thought, before walking over, still wiping the glass in his hand. "What can I do ye for?" He asked, his lips barely turning in what could be considered a smile.

Well, she couldn't say it was warm, but it was certainly dry, and Violet took that as enough of a victory for the day. Pushing her dampened hair out of her eyes, she looked up at the man who approached her and fought back a smirk. More victories for the day - he was certainly easy on the eyes. Christ. I need to travel more often.

"Hmm," she pondered. It wasn't really beer weather - that was more summery, and she was hardly classy enough to order a wine. Certainly wasn't really a cocktail joint - and she was probably about 20 years too old to get away with ordering cocktails, anyway. "What do you recommend for a rainy day? Got anything special hidden away? Ugh." She made a face at that. "Now I'm rhyming, as though I didn't already sound like a raving lunatic."

Logan let the woman think, setting the glass down. "What about a nice scotch?" He asked. "Or a brandy?" He offered. Something strong would warm her right up. "We are a brewery as well, a lot of our product is made in house," He informed her. He offered out one hand, thinking her acquaintance was something he might like to have. "Logan Scott." He introduced himself.

"Scotch sounds perfect." She couldn't help but crack a smile, especially when he mentioned they made product in house. Sure, there was plenty of hipster breweries around, but this didn't seem quite like that, and Violet could certainly appreciate it. "A man of many talents, then. Pleasure to meet you, Logan," she took his hand, offering a surprisingly firm grip. Her accent unsurprisingly stuck out, speaking in her light Australian drawl. "Violet Bellamy." It felt a bit strange to actually use her name again, having mostly gotten around on paper-thin pseudonyms. You hit a point in your life where you had to just stop running and stand up straight again.

Logan smiled, attempting to bring her hand up with the intent to press a kiss to the back of it. "Please, the pleasure is mine," He gave her a charming grin. It just wouldn't do to let the woman back out into the cold, now would it? He left for a moment, grabbing a bottle of their best scotch before coming back with two glasses. He poured them both a drink, setting the bottle on the counter and sliding her glass to her. "It's on the house," He almost purred.

Violet swore internally, mentally kicking herself. She was far too old to be flirting, for God's sake. She'd used up her allocation of stupidity in her twenties and thirties, as far as she was concerned. Enough people had told her that "life begins at fifty" but she didn't want a bar of it. Or even to admit that she was pushing fifty.

She smiled nonetheless as he brought over two glasses, shaking her head slightly. "Cheers," she raised her glass, set to down it in one go but pausing once it hit her tongue, impressed by the taste. "That's bloody good, Mister Scott. You're going to make me have to come back for more sometime," she teased, mentally wincing at herself.

Logan clinked his glass to hers and took a sip. He smiled at her. "I do take pride in my work," He told her with a coy grin. Deciding to stop messing around, he set his drink down and laid his hand on the counter. "Listen, Violet. May I call you Violet?" He asked, with a smile. "I'm too old to play games. I find you very attractive. Perhaps we could keep each other company tonight?" He asked. "I have an apartment upstairs, fully soundproofed. I could make us a nice dinner, keep you out of the rain. We could get to know each other a bit." He offered her.

Violet blinked a couple of times, tilting her head in mild bemusement. "And here I was all ready to beguile you with my charms and leave you wanting more until I deigned to come back for another round." Her words dripped with sarcasm - she knew full well she was far too old to play those sorts of games. It was fun to think about though - she'd really missed the chance in her twenties, getting stuck in to working in a dead-end muggle job and getting in to an ultimately disappointing marriage that ended in betrayal and an awkward divorce. Divorce was always so ugly anyway, involving the Ministry of Magic in it just made it all about ten times worse.

"But you know what? Why the hell not. As long as you're not hiding a wife or husband or anything." She didn't see a ring on his hand, but she supposed you never knew. Not that there would be much point in it at their ages.

Logan chuckled at her sarcasm and countered with some of her own. "Be still my heart, how I miss the old games of cat and mouse," He pretended to sigh heavily. "Whatever will I do without the suspense?" He sipped his drink. He laughed aloud at her statement and gave her a smile. "Darling, I appreciate the compliment but I don't have the patience nor the stamina to juggle like that," He reassured her.

"Oh, you know, I'm young and hot and in high demand, obviously," Violet joked, gesturing broadly with the streaks of grey in her blonde hair, the wrinkles in the corners of her eyes and the general fact that she certainly looked and felt her age being a dead giveaway how much she was joking. She leaned in, taking another sip of her drink and looking Logan over with a small smile. She half wondered if whoever sent her to this town knew there was an attractive single publican running a brewery that would pique her interest. She'd have to thank them later. "No, nobody does after a certain age. Clarity of wisdom and experience."

Logan chuckled, offering out his hand. "Now darling, you are mature, beautiful, and refined." He flirted. "Those young lads wouldn't know how to handle a lady such as yourself," He gave her a charming grin, reaching to sip on his drink. "Would you care to go upstairs?" He asked. "I can bring the bottle, put on something slow, we could dance and enjoy some company before slipping off to bed?" He suggested.

"Oh, do keep the compliments coming, I do so enjoy them," Violet teased. "I find them far less believable yet far more enjoyable from a handsome man such as yourself." She took his hand with a smile, slipping off the barstool and cursing herself for not dressing nicer. Not that she'd even expected to pick up, so she supposed it couldn't be helped. "Lead the way. I suspect you won't be calling me refined once you've seen me dance, but we'll see what happens." She took another sip of her drink, smiling at him in a way that hopefully didn't betray her nerves. It had been a very long time since she'd been in a situation like this, after all.

Logan laughed lightly at Violets words. "A lovely woman like you, I'll never run out of compliments," he teased her. He stepped out from behind the bar, giving her his most charming grin and leading her to a door nearby. It looked like no more than a closet door, but when he opened it a staircase was revealed. He lead her up to his apartment, walking to the coffee table in his living room to set down his glass and the bottle of scotch. "Welcome to my home, my bonnie hen," He turned back to her with a warm smile.

Violet couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, half wondering if he was pulling her in to a closet to make out, like they were teenagers. Not that she would complain about it, in all honesty, but they were both clearly too old to do something so ridiculous. Not too old as to stop her from following him into the door, though. It was something exciting and different, at least. Violet looked around the room, impressed, before throwing back the rest of her drink - a bit of liquid courage - and placing it on the table. "Nice place," she complimented, moving to stand a little closer.

-godmod approved-

Logan chuckled. With a wave of his hand, the lights dimmed, candles lighting, and soft music began to play. He smiled and drew her into his arms. "It's warm, comfortable." He swayed her gently to the music, holding her hand while the other rested on her hip. "Enough for an old goat like me," He chuckled, giving her a gentle twirl before pulling her close again.

It was a little relief to be assured Logan was a wizard. Violet had no issue with muggles, but after her ex-husband she had no intention of any romantic ties with one again. Not that she expected this to last more than one night, of course. But she relaxed into his embrace, even as she stumbled a bit trying to twirl. "You're a real charmer, aren't you?" She teased, unconsciously moving in a little closer. "Tell me I didn't fall into a trashy romance novel."

Logan laughed lightly at her statement. "Now whats wrong with a bit of romance?" He teased her. "I like to think of this more as... enjoying the moment." He lowered his head, lingering, giving her the option of taking a kiss. "You like to read trashy romance novels?" He teased her gently, a small smirk crossing his features.

Violet didn't need much convincing. "Then enjoy it I will," she joked, leaning in to softly press her lips to his. She hadn't kissed anyone in a long time, and the proximity and contact felt good. Like something she'd been missing, but hadn't known just how much. She pulled back after a moment with a wry smile, not bothered by the teasing. "Well, I'm divorced and pushing fifty. What else am I gonna do with all that free time." She tended to amass them from inheriting old bookshelves to sell on.

Logan kissed her back gently, in no rush to speed things along. Violet was intriguing, with a soft beauty and wisdom in her eyes. "Well I'm single and past fifty," He teased her. "A lovely lady like yourself, I can see you doing anything you please," He complimented her, swaying her lightly to the music.

((godmodding approved))

Violet chuckled softly to herself, casually resting her head on his shoulder. Despite her initial expectations of what would likely occur upon being invited to Logan's apartment, she was quite happy to pace herself and enjoy the moment, appreciating the closeness. "Scottish women must be blind," she muttered, teasingly. "All the better for me." She let him lead her in slowly moving to the music. She kept an arm around him, almost afraid if she let go this would all turn out to be a dream. Too many glasses of wine and mini tubs of icecream before bed.

Logan chuckled at her comment. "Or they're just boring," He teased, continuing to lead her, swaying gently in the candlelight to the soft music. "Would you like some wine?" He murmured, his head resting against hers. "We coul dance, drink, anything you want," He murmured, pressing a gentle kiss to her hair.

Violet chuckled, closing her eyes as he kissed her. This was nice, she thought. Even if she never saw him again, this was nice. How long had it been since she'd just been able to enjoy herself with someone - let alone someone who actually found her attractive? "If I drink too much," she reasoned, muttering out loud. "I'll forget this whole evening happened. I think I would like to remember," she said, opening her eyes and looking back up at him with a small smirk. "For once. Even if it would make me a better dancer. Or a more fun one." She was talking way too much, she realized. "You should kiss me again and shut me up."

Logan chuckled, swaying her gently. "Well, I can understand that," he murmured. He smiled at her words, and instead of bothering to try and think of a reply, he just followed her instructions and leaned down, kissing her.

He awoke the next morning, sunshine streaming in the window. He yawned, stretching a bit, but he didn't bother moving out of bed. Memories of last night came drifting in again and he smiled. Well, that had been a nice evening. He didn't bother getting up yet, instead just enjoying the warmth of the sunlight on his skin.

Violet blinked a few times, getting her bearings. Her head ached as she tried to move - was her tolerance really that bad now? She supposed that was just part of getting old. Something she'd actually learned when she was thirty, but was being reinforced in her late forties. This wasn't her room. This wasn't her house. Judging by the weather, this wasn't even her country. She groaned, looking over and seeing the man beside her, and whispered a very quiet expletive as she cautiously gathered herself up and got dressed quickly, intending to leave with as minimal distraction as possible. She should've been gone hours ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back