Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Estella had been awake for most of the night and was definitely feeling tired. She had been looking through the muggle magazine that she found and the same questions were coming up over and over again. How did they look so skinny and perfect? She studied the pictures closely. There were no dents on their skin, no blemishes, and no bits bigger than others. They were all so symmetrical and Estella had never seen anyone like that in her life. The Hufflepuff placed the magazine into her backpack before heading down for breakfast. When she entered the Great Hall, she immediately began looking for her friends, but paused when she spotted one of the Hogwarts Monthly photographers sitting at the Gryffindor table. She had never spoken much to Nikko before, but she had always really wanted to. Hoping he could help her, Estella quickly made her way over to him. She didn't want to seem too intruding and so simply sat on the other side of the table and tried to make conversation first. "Hey Nikko." she said simply, putting her backpack down and piling some toast on her plate.

Nikko appreciated the rush of students that filled the great hall in the mornings. It was a good time to people watch and he enjoyed his view from the Gryffindor table as he watched some sleepy Ravenclaws shuffle over to their table with books tucked under their arms. He was so distracted by them he didn't notice Estella sitting down until he had shoved a large spoonful of cereal right in his mouth. Nikko tried to say 'hey' back but it came out more like a mumble. He quickly tried to swallow his bit and shot her an apologetic look. "Sorry." he said with a small laugh and cleared his throat before he tried to say anything else. "What's up?" he asked finally, and he was genuinely curious about the answer. Estella and him didn't talk much outside of the monthly room but he was perfectly happy to change that.

Estella smiled as Nikko seemed interested in what she had to say, but also panicked a little as he seemed hungry and he was clearly busy. "I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you, but this will only take a moment." Estella said, eager to quickly ask her question and get it over with. She was afraid that if she hung around him for too long then she might embarrass herself. "You're a photographer, right? You take photos for the Hogwarts Monthly at least." She pulled out the magazine from her backpack and opened it up to a particular page of a model. "Do you know how they make these models look so... symmetrical? Is it the make-up? I've tried working it out, but that doesn't seem to be right, so I was thinking perhaps it had something to do with the camera?"

Nikko shook his head. "Oh no, you're good. Happy to be disturbed." he said with a smile and wanted to cringe. Why was he being so awkward? He shrugged at her question. "Uh, yeah. I wouldn't say I'm an expert or anything but I've gotten a lot better recently." he said proudly. Taking pictures for the newspaper was a pretty low stakes way to get some practice in. It wasn't as stressful as he imagined the yearbook was, that was for sure. Nikko gave her a confused look as she put down a muggle magazine in front of him. "Well I'm pretty sure all those images are edited on a computer." he said. Nikko didn't know much about fashion magazines but his girl cousins wouldn't stop talking talking about them last time he visited his family. But it was his aunt that lectured them about unrealistic expectations or something. "I don't think it has to do with the camera, but I know lighting is important." he said surely. He may not know much about photography but he did know that. "Why do you ask?" he questioned her curiously.

Estella found it a little confusing when Nikko said he was happy to be disturbed. It wasn't really disturbing then was it? The Hufflepuff didn't question it however, as she was much more invested in her question. As Nikko mentioned a computer, Estella's eyes lit up. "Oh a computer!" she exclaimed, knowing exactly what that was. "I've heard they're similar to a laptop. Can you do it on a laptop? I have a laptop but I don't know how to use it." Estella shrugged. It was a shame, especially since technology didn't work at Hogwarts which meant she couldn't have anyone a Hogwarts show her what to do with it. She then smiled as her question was well answered. "Yeah, lighting would be important." she agreed. At his question, she couldn't help but frown. She didn't want to admit to him that it was because she had been feeling insecure lately. She wanted him to think she was confident, and maybe even good looking. "Oh, you know, I've been wanting to pick up some photography myself." she lied, hoping he'd buy it. "It seems like such a hard job though. Only smart people like you can pull it off perfectly."

Nikko laughed a little at her question about a laptop being a computer. "Yeah they're pretty much the same thing." he explained. "Laptops are just smaller and portable so you can take them with you." He wasn't used to being an expert on anything but he did have to remember that not everyone dealt with muggle technology as much as he did. His father hardly used magic and his mom was a muggle after all. But he hoped that his explanation could but Estella's mind at ease. She was so pretty naturally, she didn't need to worry about lighting or anything. He would bet it was next to impossible to take a bad photo of her. "Oh yeah?" he said and sat up straighter when she mentioned picking up photography herself. "I can help you with that if you'd like." he offered with a small smile. He wouldn't complain if he got to spend more time with her. He felt a bit flustered by her compliment and scratched at the back of his neck. "I don't know about that. I'm sure you'd be a natural." he said encouragingly.

Estella nodded at Nikko's explanation of a laptop. She had no idea that they were practically the same thing. In a way, a laptop was better because it was portable, and so Estella felt a little more special about having the privilege to own one. She just needed to know how to use it so she could edit her own photos. As Nikko said he could help her with photography, Estella beamed. It would definitely be a good excuse to spend more time with him, and maybe learn a little more about her laptop. "That would be amazing!" she exclaimed. "You own a camera, right? We can use yours." Estella was excited. She wasn't really interested in taking photos, but was interested in Nikko. After all, he was attractive, smart, and willing to help her. She flicked her long hair behind her shoulder as he returned the compliment. "Maybe I will be a natural, who knows?" she said, always willing to learn something new so she could show off her skills. "So, when will we start?"

Estella's excitement was contagious and he couldn't but smile too. He nodded when she asked if he had a camera but quickly realized that wasn't exactly true. "Well technically it belongs to the paper but I can use it whenever I want." he explained after getting momentarily distracted by the way she flipped her hair over her shoulder. "We can start whenever you'd like." he offered with out thinking again. "I do have quidditch practice but other than that I'm free." he added quickly. He technically should also be studying for his exams but that was something he was willing to sacrifice for this. Estella was pretty, distractingly so, and while he wasn't sure he had a chance with her Nikko was willing to take what he could get.

Estella couldn't help but feel a little satisfaction about getting her way. She was confident that Nikko would be available whenever she was, and so she was excited about getting started on the photoshoots. She already had some ideas of what she wanted to wear. "We can do it in the grounds somewhere and maybe take photos of some pretty flowers. Flowers are really photogenic, right?" she said, figuring they would probably be the easiest to capture. After all, they didn't move and were pretty enough to take photos of without needing too much talent. "Maybe we could even take some photos of each other! That would be fun." Estella thought it would be a great excuse to look her best in front of him. Surely putting on a face of make-up was essential when taking the perfect photo? It was all going to turn out perfectly in Estella's head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back