Open Impatient for Adventure

Aspen tried to think of how toes would help her walk. "Wouldnt they just get in the way and keep hitting things and getting stuff stuck between them?" she asked. the advantage of hooves was that they weren't too sensitive meaning she could walk on unstable ground and spiky ground without hurting herself.
the younger boy still didn't know when to close his mouth. "It seems like you need another lesson on manners. talking about land restrictions is usually a touchy subject with centaurs. we stay to the forest mainly as a favour to you because of the international statute of secrecy, we are more than capable of living outside the trees" she said the tone in her voice more than slightly demeaning. she knew that she could live in many environments as she had moved from europe to here when she was young she probably shouldn't have made the journey and she had likely broken many laws doing it. but she was proud that she had. "and don't you dare say that you own the forest because I have only met about a five twohooves who would be able to survive more than a few days here on their own. your friend Tahwai would be one of them. Rowan sister mine would be another." she said nodding to the older boy as she referred to his friend. she had only met Tahwai a couple of times but she could tell that she had both knowledge and understanding of the forest greater than most people and she respected that.

it surprised Jasper that Aidena nd the centaur didn't seem to be getting along. He was trying his best to keep the conversation cheerful and civil, because he hadn't forgotten Aspen hunted for her own food. He laughed a bit about her questions about toes. "No! You don't get stuff stuck between them, often." He said, amused. "We wear shoes!" He stepped closer to Aiden, waving his hands. "And don't listen to him, he's just... intimidated by the forest I think, it's making him say weird stuff. We totally respect centaurs and we totally know we don't own the forest. Right Aiden?" He gave the Ravenclaw a quick look before looking back at Aspen. He bit his tongue when she implied that they wouldn't survive in the forest but Maddy would. He wanted to argue with that, to insist he was better at things than Maddy, but he didn't want the conversation to go any worse. "Yeah. Maddy is always crazy prepared." He said instead, trying to sound casual. "I can't wait to tell her I met you, though." He added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back