I'm So Dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude Harris

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
HELLO HNZ!
This is Phil, Claude's creator. I feel really really really really dumb, but I had to ask a question that was bothering me. I never found out how a spell without an incantation is supposed to work. Like how do you cast the Happiness Charm? OR how do you cast the "Featherlight Spell," or the "Bluebell flames spell?" There are so many un-named spells all over the website, and I was just wondering how a character is supposed to preform them without and incantation.
-Phil :D

Hey there Phil,

I can see where your problem lies. And yes you are correct, however, you dont need the incantation to be able to cast the spell. Most people here dont even use the ones they do know.
When rping you could simply say something along the lines of... said:
Parker was laughing so hard after having the Cheering Charm cast on him he thought it only fair to cast it upon his friend. He looked over to them and smiled. He pulled out his wand and said the incantation before dropping to the floor laughing again.
And that sort of thing can be used for all the spells.

Did that help?

~Teigs.

Ah why thank you Parker, that does help! :D

And it has to be age approve to cast a certain spell but she did it right :D

Maddiie Stewart said:
And it has to be age approve to cast a certain spell but she did it right :D
Oh yeah forgot that part hehe :r

Ha no worries :D

Hiya Phil,

I've moved your topic to the FAQ forum - as it seems more fitting here than just in the off topic board. ^_^
As to your question, Teigs and Maddiie have pretty much covered everything. ^_^ That acceptable spell list by year can be found here for you.
It's unfortunate about how many spells remain incantation-less throughout the Harry Potter novels. Sometimes the movies and the games do try to supply incantations for the spells, but one can never be sure about just how canon those will be. This is also why we simply don't invent incantations for the spells, either. Who knows if JKR will continue writing books about the Harry Potter universe and eventually give incantations to the spells? We know that a Harry Potter Encyclopedia is in the works by her, and if that continains anything about spells those listings will be more 'canon' than anything the games, movies, or we provide. ^_^

So in sum: Teig's suggestion is the best way to go. :)

I hope that made sense to you.

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back