I'm Not Bleeping Santa Claus!

Samouel Styx

Wand
Red Oak 14" Essence of Belladonna
Samouel Kyle recently had a fight with his foster parents and caused him to be, sorta, kicked out of their house. It was all fine and dandy, but since he was not of age, he could not find a job and support himself. For some reason no one wanted to hire someone like him for the type of money he needed to support himself. He was so close to being of age, but right now, the only source of income he ever had went to food and clothing. But other than that he went from friend’s house to friend’s house. It wasn’t the Holiday Inn or something like that, but it was better than nothing at all. For now, he would bide his time until he got a place of his own which was proving to be hopeless. What he needed was a couple of roommates and he would be all set. Samouel sighed and he rested on the guest bed at the Styx’s Manor where he was staying with Alessine for the weekend. It was the last day before he went over to Elijah’s for the week, and after that? He was not sure. He continued to hear some arguments from above, and he wondered who on earth could fight like that, over and over. He shook his head and he got dressed out of his older clothing with rips and tears that he wore when he went to bed. At least he had a few outfits good enough for showing off to people like this. Alessine’s family was definitely unique, he would give her that. He opened the door to the guest room before he walked down the hall and bumped into the girl he was looking for. “Oh, Alessine, hey.” He gave her a small grin. It was not common knowledge what all happened to him, but he was also one of those that didn’t tell anyone what all happened in his life. Well, he told Alessine he had issues with his foster parents, but didn’t say how serious they had become. He was just a bit too stubborn for their liking.​

Alessine Styx ran some fingers through her thin blonde hair a few times before she turned away from the mirror and left her bedroom. As much as she would love to curl back into bed with a good book, she had a plan to unveil today. Knowing fully well that Samouel wasn't going to back to his foster parent's, Alessine figured he might as well just stay here until he Graduated. That way he wouldn't have to worry about struggling for food or shelter whenever they weren't at school. Alessine had yet to ask her parents, but she figured that when the time came she would handle that issue. Her dad was the one she would really need to work at. He wasn't all that keen on having others that weren't blood related hanging around. Maybe if Alessine could talk her mom into it, she could have her convince her dad that having Sam live with them would be the best thing for everyone. Alessine rounded the corner and headed for Samouel's room. He didn't know of her plan yet, so she was about to pitch the idea to him and see if he liked it. Alessine wasn't going to give him the chance to disagree though, even if he hated the idea.

Alessine was about to walked into the guest bedroom when she felt someone bump into her. It was none other than the person she was looking forward to begin with. "Hey Sammy! Where are you going?" Alessine noted that he looked like he was about to leave. Where did he plan on going? "Look, I know this might seem a little out there....but I have an idea. I think that instead of going from place to place, that you should just stay here until you can go out on your own. We can just make this guest bedroom yours and stuff. You bother saying no either, because we're going to talk to my mom right now." Alessine took hold of Samouel's arm and started to pull him off towards where she remembered her mother being last, which was the library. Nicolette was the key to convincing Kalif that Samouel needed to stay here. He had nowhere else to go so he had to stay here or else something bad might happen to him. Alessine considered him to be one of her closest friends, so she felt like she needed to protect him somehow.

Alessine asked where he was going and Samouel looked down. He did not have a good answer for that, but he was just wanting to leave so that he could go to another friend's house. Going back to back was his only way of not returning home. Sure he would be abandoning what little stuff he had, but it was still worth it. It was definitely worth not being around those people, if one could even call them people to begin with. They acted more like rats. He shrugged and he said, "Not sure yet to be honest." He paused for a moment since she seemed like she was up to something. "Wait, why?" As soon as he finished asking why, he sure got his answer, one that made his brown eyes widen quite a bit. Her idea was a little strange, but it had yet to process in his mind. He was not exactly awake to be deciding things like that on his own, let alone considering any sort of help. So it was just not processing in his mind at all. Instead he looked at her and wondered if she was trying to communicate with him thoroughly.

Apparently so. Since she was now dragging him to go talk to her mom, and then it hit him what she was planning on. "Wait, Alessine I can't just stay here, your family is just... I can't...!" He was speechless but he could tell that she was not taking no for an answer at all. There was no way to convince her no, and he would have yanked his arm out of her grip but he did not want to hurt her either, so he was powerless as they were going to the library. He complained, "I'll be fine, Alessine! I don't really need a place, I can just... I can deal with it! I promise just don't take me to see your dad cause quite frankly he freaks me out." He was nervous around her mom since she seemed to be pretty badass. However it was the dad he really feared since he was so calm, one could ever predict what would happen to him if he angered the man. Nicolette seemed like the type to bite one's head off, but he could never think of something suitable for the father of Alessine and her other siblings. Samouel just hoped that he would not get the raw end of this deal.​

Sam must not have realized that Alessine didn't like to be told no. If she could fight someone into getting her way, she would do it. Alessine wasn't going to let Sam tell her no, and if she had to, she would pin his skinny ass to the floor to make him see what she wanted him to see. "You can stay here, and you're going to. Whether you like it or not. It'll bother me knowing that you don't have a solid place to stay." Alessine explained once he yanked his arm out of his grasp. Alessine knew that her family was a bit much to deal with at times, but at least he would have a place to stay and somewhere to rest his head at night. Besides, once they got used to Sam being around they would accept him as one of their own so he just needed to be around them a bit longer and he would felt less scared about being around them. Alessine rolled her blue eyes and re-grabbed his arm, only tighter this time. As hard as she could she pulled him along, even though he seemed to struggle and fight against her with ever step. Right now, they were fighting just like siblings. See, he fit in already!

"Just leave my dad to me. Besides, we're going to talk my mom into it first. If she agree's, then we can use her to talk my dad into it. My dad's not even that scary, he's just grumpy." He could be pretty scary when one didn't know what to expect from Kalif. But Alessine was used to him and the way he was by now, so he usually didn't scare her as much. In fact, there were times when she appreciated the way her dad was. Just not when it came to her love life and other affairs. Going behind Sam, she began to push on his back instead of tugging on his arm to try and get him out of the room. If he didn't start to cooperate with her soon, it was going to take a lot of effort to get him downstairs. Eventually one of them would begin to tire out, and that's when the real trouble would begin. "Don't be such a wuss!" Alessine nudged him with her elbow, trying to jump start anything she could within him that might make him willing to at least talk to her mom about this. There was no way that she was going to take no for an answer.

Samouel did not like the fact that Alessine was not going to take his no for an answer. He needed no room of his own here. He needed to think things out first, but the more he thought about it, the worse everything came to be. Living with someone might have been the only option, but he did not want to have to live here in a room where he was scared to death of Alessine's family. Then again, they did seem rather nice at times. "I don't need a solid place to stay though. Just hop from one place to another while I work and save up to rent a place." Sam was really wanting nothing to do with staying here, but he tried to get away from Alessine's grasp the second time, and well, he eventually just gave in. He could not tell her no, since it was like talking to a damn wall. Nothing he could do would change her mind, and he knew this with all of his being. Sighing, he walked with her since he did not want to fight her. He was just slow with it.

"Of course he is not scary to you, you came from him. I didn't. Your mom seems a little, well, grumpy too. Sure you can't just leave well enough alone?" Samouel kind of knew the answer to it, and that bothered him some too. He sighed and knew that he would not have any way away around this. If Kalif would make his daughter go into a marriage that she did not want to go into, then who was to say that he would end up the same way? He did not like being told what to do, and often rebelled from it. Instead of tugging on his arm, Alessine started pushing him from the back and eventually, he just groaned and took a few steps ahead, before turning around to face her so that she would stop the dreaded pushing. "Fine! We do it your way! Just lead the way. Like hell I am saying a damn thing to your parents though." If she wanted this to happen, she could just do all of the talking. He did not need to say a word. After all, what he was expecting was a no anyway. He kind of hoped that there would be a no in there somewhere, hopefully from the big man himself.​

Alessine figured that eventually Samouel would cave in. He always tried to resist a little bit, but in the end she won like ninety percent of the battles they were in. In was a female thing for sure. "Point is, I'm not going to let one of my closest friends be without a home if I can help it. There's plenty room for you here." After a little bit of pushing and prodding, Alessine finally managed to get him to agree to what she wanted. Grinning, Alessine brought her hands down to take his. "Good." He finally learned to just agree with her. Alessine led him down the stairs until they found Nicolette. Alessine respected her mother, but sometimes her hothead made it hard to talk to her when she didn't feel up to talking. To her surprise though, her mother actually agreed to let Samouel stay with them until Graduation. Maybe she had taken a liking to him? Either way, her agreeing to this was their ticket to finding some way to get Kalif to agree. Alessine was still angry with her father for the arranged marriage thing, and he was so stubborn it hurt sometimes. But so was her mother, so it would be a toss up to see what happened, even though she was sure she was going to be the one explaining.

"Daddy," Alessine started off, knowing that it could hit some sort of soft spot within him if she was careful. "I know you don't like strangers being in the house, but Samouel has no place to go. So I thought he could live here until Graduation. He has nowhere else to go, and I don't feel comfortable letting him live on he streets. So I thought that maybe he could have one of the extra guest bedrooms." Alessine didn't waiver even once. She was confident and explained the situation as if it were a presentation as school. Her dad could be scary, but Alessine wasn't intimidated easily. Especially once she wanted something. The worst he could do was say no, and even then Alessine wouldn't give in easily. "I already asked mom, and she said it was fine." From the corner of her eye, she glanced at her mother, who showed very little emotion during the entire speech. Perhaps she was waiting to see what Kalif was going to say before she did or said anything.

Kalif remained where he normally was, in the office. Not many would come in here unless they were needing something. However, not even his wife was in here. Everything was quiet, but he was still in a bad mood. There was something going to happen that he did not like, and he could not figure it out. Kaleb was saving up for a house right now, and then Alessine had her little friend over that virtually had no past. Even Kalif looked into it, and he could not find anything. Only a car accident that left two children missing from this one country, two boys. He had to do more investigation to make sure that the people Alessine brought home were safe. He heard his daughter, Alessine, say the relationship from her to him and he looked up from his work to see that she was here, and then behind her, was the somewhat intimidated Samouel, as he should have been. This was his office, and he did not like to be disturbed. Then she went on about how this boy had no where to go, and then thought that he could live here. He stared down his daughter, wondering if she was serious. Then, she pulled the card where she asked one parent already, and she said that it was okay. Without asking him.

"No," Kalif's cold voice cut through the air like a dagger. There was no way he was letting this kid into his house without him knowing the boy. For all he knew, he could have been a mudblood, or someone that had Aurors in the family. His quill slipped between his gloved fingers and fell upon the parchment, decorating it with a few spots of black ink. "This isn't some orphanage to house troubled teenagers. I have enough of them as is. That's what adoption and foster homes are for. I'm not opening my house to a stranger and that's it." Kalif did not trust the boy, and he knew that he would have to go out and be placed back into the system. There was a reason why he didn't have a place to go to begin with, but it was not Kalif's problem. He picked up his quill and he got back to work on his writing, ignoring the company in the room, that was including his wife. He had no patience to deal with drama like this today.

Alessine expected her dad to say no to her idea. He wouldn't have been the same dad that she had grown up with if he made this easy on her. But if Kalif was to expect anything, it was that his daughters were just as stubborn and pig-headed as he was at times. Alessine would rather live on the streets than to let someone she cared about live on the streets. Briefly the blonde glanced at Samouel before she sighed and stared at her father's looming form. How could he just say no like that? Samouel had been very well behaved and polite whenever Kalif was around, he was probably more well-mannered than Alessine and a good majority of her siblings! Surely he father could appreciate that! "But daddy, those foster are dirty and filled with weird people! Samouel doesn't belong there! Besides, it would only be a for little while!" Alessine didn't want Sam to live in such a place, and knowing him, he didn't want to go to such a place either. He would be living on the streets when he wasn't at school and Alessine just couldn't accept such a life for one of her dearest friends and closest allies.

Alessine turned towards her mother and threw her a look of desperation. "Mom! Say something! You thought it was a good idea, explain it to dad!" Alessine knew that her mother was good at talking to Kalif. Probably better than anyone else besides Asparuh, and that was due to the fact that she knew him. Alessine wasn't going to give up on this though! Samouel needed a place to stay, and they had spare rooms! There was plenty enough space for him to be here. Damianos and Nicolas were going to be going to school this year too! So the house would be emptier than it usually was! Alessine had high hopes that her mother would be able to convince her father into letting Samouel stay. If Alessine had managed to convince her and she agreed that it was a good idea, surely she had her reasoning for agreeing.

Nicolette looked at her daughter and sighed. She didn't want to have to step in, but since Kalif was being a pain in the ass, she might as well try her best to convince him. Nicolette stepped forward until she was close enough to Kalif's desk that she could easily look into his eyes if need be. "Kalif, that boy has nowhere else to go. We shouldn't leave one of our kind out in the cold. Nor should we let them remain in one of those homes." By saying one of our kind, Nicolette knew that Kalif would know what she meant and possibly put more of a consideration into his answer. Nicolette was mostly referring to blood though. "Besides, he's more well behaved than most of our children. So I doubt he'd be a burden. In fact, he seems to do a good job at keeping Alessine out of trouble when it comes to that mouth of hers. Surely you can't deny a little bit more peace and quiet in the house during your breaks." He'd never get too much of a break. Not while Nicolette was around. But hopefully the things she said would make him think about his answer for a little bit. Nicolette enjoyed having Samouel around the house, so she didn't see an issue with him occupying one of their spare rooms for awhile. He'd be at school most of the year anyways, so it wasn't like Kalif would have to deal with him too much.

When Alessine mentioned on how the outside world and the foster people were dirty and full of weird people, Kalif did not even budge an inch toward allowing Samouel to stay. There was no way. Kalif was not going to be budged, but the fact that his wife was there, that made him somewhat more stubborn. He knew that she would always find a way to try to change his mind, but this is something he was not going to. And then Alessine threw in the fact that her mom would think it was a good idea, and to explain it to him. He looked up at Nicolette and he waited for what she would have to say, even though he was not moving from his position. Kalif just hoped that she would not bring in a better argument against him. The fact that he knew nothing on the kid just made matters worse. He waited for his wife to speak, and she looked as though she did not want to step in, but she was. His wife stepped forward, and he tapped his finger onto the desk, waiting. Kalif listened to her speak, and the moment that she mentioned one of their kind, Kalif narrowed his eyes. How did she figure it out? He must not have been giving her enough credit.

Still, pure-blood or not, Kalif did not trust the boy. He rose from his chair and he stated, "You know of this boy's blood status when he doesn't even have a clue. Pure-blood or not, I don't know him and he cannot be trusted." The fact that Samouel could keep Alessine out of trouble with her mouth, he barely believed. Alessine was too much like her mother. Nothing could keep her mouth closed. He rose from his desk and he said in a harsher tone, "I doubt anything could keep Alessine out of trouble nowadays. She is too much like you. I am not some holly jolly Santa Claus that let's everyone in just because they hated their living environment. I'm not allowing it." Kalif looked at his wife, and then at Alessine, to see their reactions. They were not going to let this go. And, he would not get any work done since apparently, they had no reasons to give up. Feeling like the battle is lost, Kalif turned his attention to Samouel before he walked toward him, cursing in Bulgarian before uttering, "Fine. I'll show you to your new room and I better not hear a thing from Alessine or anyone else in this house." He shot a look at Nicolette as he clinched Samouel by the back of his shirt to show him to what room Kalif had in mind.

Samouel stayed in the back, like he wanted to. Nicolette pointing out some things made him look up in surprise. He was a pure-blood? Huh, that was interesting enough. He shrugged his shoulders and wondered how that happened. Anyway, he heard Kalif Styx go on about how he could not be trusted. Well, that was true. He was a teenager. He could wreck the place, even though he really wouldn't. However, before he knew it, Kalif was walking toward him and he was looking for a way out to run, but it was too late. He was gripped up and basically carried down the hall. He looked toward Alessine, almost begging her to let this go and to let him live on his own, but the battle lost. He was on Kalif's side. He looked at the intimidating man before he wondered where his room would be. "Um, thanks, Mr. Styx. I'll try to stay out of your way, everyone's way." However, the man just responded with a "Shut up." Samouel sighed and he hoped that this wouldn't turn into a living hell.​

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back