I'm Gonna Be a Mighty Queen!

Prudence Armstead

OOC First Name
Nichole
Prudence was not generally a nervous person, but as she stood outside the office door of her Transfiguration Professor, she could feel her knees shaking. She had just finished her Care of Magical Creatures class, and decided that now was as good a time as any to speak with Professor King. She had rehearsed in a mirror over and over again what she was going to say. She had tied back her hair again, pining any fly always back. She didn't know why but she felt the need to look clean and professional. Her academics should have been enough, but she felt that if she didn't come in looking presentable, she'd be turned away. Similar to the job interviews her photographer father would go to. She sighed and finally, lifted her hand to the door.

Prudence's first knock was inaudible, even to her. She wondered if she would just say no, turn her away because she was so young. She didn't think there was any harm in asking though, was there. A second, silent knock rapped the door a little harder. She knew she needed to do it now or she would never ask. The blue eyed girl stared at her shoes, and finally knocked loud enough for the professor inside to hear her. Prue didn't' look up until the door was opened, and before she could stop herself, a bundle of words spilled from her mouth. "Professor King I want to be able to be an animagus like you, please tell me what I can do, I'll do anything!" She covered her mouth in embarrassment, her cheeks heating up. She felt a little lighter having gotten that off her chest, but she still wondered what the answer would be.

The days had started feeling shorter, and Ava felt run off her feet. There was so much to do, and Ava felt that a lot of things in life were harder without someone to share it with. Life was beginning to take it's toll.
The Headmistress sat on her chair in her office, pouring over paperwork. She had a class coming up soon, so she took a sip of her coffee to try waken herself up a little bit. Ava was woken out of her stupor and daydreams when she heard a knock on her door. With a flick of her wand, her door opened to reveal a young student standing behind it. Ava smiled at the student's request, and the excitement that she had. "Come in, take a seat Miss Armstead." She summoned a seat in front of her desk. As the girl sat down, Ava started the conversation straight away. As the days grew shorter, she didn't want to waste her time. "Becoming and Animagi is not something that is done easily. It takes a lot of concentration, and a lot of hard work. Feel free to ask any questions, but be sure you are willing to commit." Ava stated sternly.

Prue managed her best smile, though offered a silent apology for her behavior. She supposed talking so quickly and so vehemently seemed rude - something her fathers would have wagged her fingers at her. She took a seat across from the woman, amazed by her ability to bring the chair around with magic. The way that the educators used magic really inspired Prudence, and allowed her to see the true power of hard work. It made her want to continue working hard.

The petite student nodded at Professor King, her eyes showed determination. She was prepared for all the hard work needed. "I'm willing to practice, and study, and put in extra time. Since discovering magic, Professor King, and being in your Transfiguration class, I've wanted nothing more than to do what you do." Her voice held admiration in the tone. "I've read up on a lot of famous animagi, and I would love to learn more. How would I know what I'll be? Is there a test to take? Did you get to pick?" Her voice was a bit more leveled now. However she still held the excitement that she couldn't get rid of.

Ava nodded her head as the girl said she was willing to put in the extra time. "I'm glad to hear it. Make sure you do, I don't fancy having my time wasted if you plan on pulling out." She replied, though keeping her voice light, not wanting to scare the young girl off. Being an animagus was a wonderful thing, and she didn't mind more people learning about them and becoming one.
The Headmistress listened to the questions asked by the girl. She shook her head as she asked if she got to pick. "No. You do not get to choose, nor will you know what your form will be until the transformation takes place. However, there will be an identifying mark on whichever form you take." Ava replied. "We can start the training in the next semester, if you wish."

"I promise I will not waste your time!" She stated imediately after the professor finished her first sentence. Prue meant very word. She'd already been studying her rear off to make sure she knew what she was getting into. Every lesson continued her love for the subject. The professors tone could have been grave and foreboding and Prudence still would have felt the excited butterflies that bloomed in her stomach.

Prudence nodded taking the information to heart. She wondered what the identifying mark could be, and what Ava's was. Knowing she had homework to do though, she thought it best if she leave now and come back and ask at another time. Most likely she'd come up with more questions during her time away. "Thank you so much, Professor King! You won't regret it!" She said. "Look at the time! I have homework and studying to do. I'll see you in class!" She hollered, giving her a wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back