I'm Going Home, To the Place Where I Belong

Serena Vanderhol

OOC First Name
Katie
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" with Essence of Wood Rose
There had only been one other time when Serena had to have a conversation like this. The first time had turned out just fine. That had been when she'd told Harrison that she was leaving New Zealand and moving back to England to live with her sister to play quidditch. She was hoping for the same kind of outcome this time around only this time it wasn't Harrison she'd have to deal with...it was her sister. The blonde knew that Kat was a force to be reckoned with when it came to news that she didn't particularly want to hear. She'd talked to Lila several weeks before and told her of her plans to finish out the season with the team and then move back to New Zealand, but had asked her to keep it just between them for the time being and their team captain happily obliged.

Pacing around in her room Serena finally just decided to bite the bullet and tell her sister. The former Gryffindor's courage seemed to falter and bottom out completely as she headed down the hall, past Chace's empty room to her sisters. The blonde desperately wished that her sister's boyfriend were here because at least Kat seemed to be in a better mood in all situations when he was around. Sighing heavily she walked into Kat's room without knocking where her sister was laying on the bed reading. The nineteen year old climbed beside her sister and snuggled up close to her the same way she used to do when she was little. "I have to tell you something and I think you're going to be upset with me," Serena said with her face buried in the crook of her sisters arm.

It was a nasty day out with the rain beating down on the windows. It was just the sort of day to stay curled up in your room reading which was exactly what Katalina Vanderhol was doing on this absolutely disgusting day. The brunette hummed lightly to herself as she flipped through her very worn out copy of Quidditch Through the Ages. She'd probably read the book from cover to cover over a million times since she'd gotten it when she was eight years old.

Hearing light footsteps she looked up and grinned when she saw her sister. The twenty year old laughed as Serena crawled into the bed with her and snuggled up to her. Kat remembered when the two were little and her younger sister would always come and sleep with her when it was stormy. Hearing Serena's words made her sit straight up in bed. The brunette had been waiting for something like this so she'd had time to prepare what she was going to say. Smoothing a hand over her sisters blonde hair she said soothingly, "Okay, I figured this would happen eventually. I just thought that you two were going to be more...I don't know, careful I guess." Kat thought for a moment and then smiled, "Well it's not as if you and Harrison don't love each other to bits. I know that you two are going to end up together anyways so why don't you just go ahead and get married. You can both live here until the baby comes and even afterwards for as long as you need. It'll work out Rena...everything is going to be alright." The more Kat thought about it the more it made sense and the happier she got. A baby would be a good thing and she knew her sister would be a wonderful mother.

Serena went to correct her sister, but she couldn't get a word in edgewise so she figured it to be best for her to just wait until Kat finished her entire charade. Shaking her head and chuckling slightly she said, "For the love of Merlin...Kat I'm not pregnant. Harrison and I don't even, I mean we've done other stuff, but not that." Her face went beet red and she grimaced slightly. Her sister really wasn't making this any easier on her and the fact that she was having to talk about her sex life with her sister was embarrassing.

Slowly and carefully Serena chose her words. "Kat...I'm going home. Or at least I will be at the end of the season." The blonde tried to get a read on her sisters expression, but she got nothing. Snapping her fingers she said, "Earth to Kat. Did you hear what I just said? I'm leaving and going home after this season is over."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back