If My Heart Was a House

Izaak’s body literally leapt forward as Isabella, his girlfriend affirmed his questions. In the moment his lips grazed unintentionally against hers but realising that this was what was on the cards anyway, Izaak did not jerk them away. Instead, he held the intimacy and feathered her mouth with tiny, smiling kisses. His fingers wound tighter around the railing until his knuckles had turned a stark white but that was the very least of what he was tightly holding onto now. He was set on them: Izaak and Isabella. Bella and Izaak. Is and Iz. Whatever the variation, their names meshed well together just as they did themselves. She was not going to slip through his fingers, Izaak would not let her. The wondrous brightness of his azure irises sought after the silken silver of hers as he put his lips away from her and smiled with all of the exciting potential for their new found relationship.

However the sound of muffled voices inside was only to spoil the moment between the two new lovers and Izaak was almost one hundred percent certain that it was him they were speaking about. At first a scowl shot across his expression at the searing memory of all the horrible things Alexis had said about them and their daughter but it melted into a sigh as he dove back a little further to that night at the Medley, the one in which he had fought with Ioan over her. Izaak would never be sure whether he was coming or going with Alexis, whether he wanted to clear his life of her or whether he wanted her, period. That was the difference with Bella, because his relationship with her was full steam ahead. No looking back, no regrets, nothing.

Izaak’s head lolled cutely but lazily to the side with a smile that knew just how charming he was making himself look. “Alright then you, what do you say to a date?” The young man grinned at his new girlfriend and gave her hand a light squeeze to encourage her to say yes to his suggestion. Then his eyes flicked down to his lack of attire, once more just nothing but a pair of tracksuit pants and he said with a laugh, “Once I look the part of course.” Humming in thought, Izaak knew they’d have to make a sneaky break through the bedroom window and take the back door out of the house. Because there was no way he was planning to see Alexis again today.

The both of them, Alexis and Izaak, seemed so reassured that they would never be together again. Both had moped about it front of her and both had told her that they still loved the other. Leah was not daft, she knew their relationship had been on the rocks with Isabella and the pregnancy, but that didn’t mean it was broken forever. “I know that neither of you can see it now but I’m telling you Alexis that you will end up back together again. Call me crazy or whatever you like but you’ll see in time, trust me, you will. You and Izaak just make the perfect sense.” The blonde shrugged with a distant, dreamy smile like that of a clairvoyant’s and essentially, that was exactly what she was right now.

A soft but tired sigh rose up from Leah as Alexis made an attempt to amend her unknowingly hurtful words. But she knew that her friend hadn’t truly meant what she said, what she must be going through at this point in time would be hellish. What, with Izaak and Isabella daring to dream together right outside on the balcony? Absolute hell. “It’s okay, I get it. And I really am thankful. I love all of you so much, I really do. But sometimes I just... I don’t know... What you found with Izaak at what, 17? You were so young Alexis, and so lucky. I just wish...” The doe-eyed girl trailed off meekly with a tiny grimace pressing sweet dimples into her cheeks. Her inability to find the right person was not something she wanted to talk about at the present time, they had come here for a reason anyway, they might as well see it out.

Tucking a soft gold curl behind her ear, Leah cleared her throat and struggled to her own two feet. The baby inside of her was ever hindering her snap decisions, you see. But when she finally got there, holding a hand out for Alexis to take, it was mere moments before Kobe rushed in from the backyard and nearly caused her to topple over. A quick scowl was all Leah ever was able to give the dog, especially now as he jumped up excitedly on the girl he surprisingly still knew to be his mistress and slobbered her with kisses. And that was all it took for the young woman to laugh out loud at the over-excited, over-grown puppy. “There’s no room for you in the Oxford U dorms Kobes.” Leah tossed a glance to Alexis, just to make sure that this was the case. Kobe was destructive enough as it was, to think what he would be like cooped up on Campus was enough to make you cringe. “Come on Lex, we better get a start on this.” Leah passed her friend a warm smile and offered up another hand for her to take.

Alexis glanced over at Leah then down at the promise ring she was slowly beginning to loath. This was the problem, he was asking her to make promises she was inable to keep. She loved him and yet he made her so sad, she wasn't holding up her deal was she? "I want to believe you," she said quietly as she wiped a tear that had so carelessly dropped out of the corner of her sore eyes. "I just can't," she whispered, it would only hurt her if she hoped that they would one day return to each other, they had the opportunity at the Medley, she urged him to but he wouldn't.

Whether it was the fresh sting of rejection or not, Alexis hated the thoughts of all relationships now and when Leah said that she was lucky she rolled her eyes bitterly. She was not lucky. The person she loved more then anything was out planning something with the girl she loathed more then the world and all she wanted to do was go punch the girl straight in the face before taking back her love. She messily brushed the hair, wet from the salty discharge, off of her face and into the mass of hair that she messily had thrown together as she watched Leah stand up with much difficulty.

Watching a pregnant woman was a scene anyone could find amusement in but Alexis was still as grim as ever, even more so when she was jumped on by her small Border Collie pup, Kobe. "Hey Kobes," she said, petting the puppy as he slobbered her with kisses that replaced the salty tears that had shown on her lightly bronzed skin. "I'm going to miss you buddy," she sighed as she moved Kobe off of her and frowned at Leah, looking up at her. Of course there was no room for this destructive, playful dog, in fact she was certain dogs weren't even allowed in the dormatories. "Kay," she sniffled as she stood up, not taking her friends had for fear that she would unbalance her.

"Um, Leah?" Alexis asked as she looked around her, with one eye that was not being rubbed vigorously to hide the sting of tears that were slowly forming in it. "Where do we begin?" she asked woefully, as if she were packing up her whole life and in a way she felt like she was. Being away from Izaak even for a day had been hard and now not being able to see him, that was only further heart break to her already punctured heart.

la-hame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back