Ice-skating

Katie Lovegood

Katie gazed out of the window in the girls dorm and got the full view of the black lake.It looked as if it was covered by a white cloak when an idea sturk her mind,she took her old skating shoes and rushed out of the common room and ran all the way to the lake front.
When she reached there she stared at the lake in awe.It looked so nice and perfect for ice-skating.She sat on a bench and wore her skating shoes and went forward trying to balance because she hadn't done it since two years.
She slowly kept her feet on the frozen water and started skating.She went slow and steady trying not to slip.

Grande got up that morning and got dress before going down to the common room. When he walking past he looked out the window. He saw someone going out onto the lake to do some ice-skating. He decided he would go out and see who it was. He walked out of the common room and headed outside.

When Grande got outside he headed for the lake. As he got closer he could just make out the person skating on the lake. When he was almost where the person was standing he saw that it was Katie. He went over to where she was not stepping on the ice and said "Katie."

ginny had been for a jog when she noticed that grande and katie were there. 'Hi guys. 'whatcha doing?' she asked jogging over to them not stepping on the ice.

"Hi Katie come on over" Grande said. He Then Ginny come over to them. "Hi Ginny. I just came out. I dont like ice-skating much. Do you like it?"

'i love it but i haven't been for ages. must of been six when i last went,' she said coming next to them. 'So what are you going to do?' she asked again.

"I dont know." Grande said "I have an urgue to pretend that i can walk on water. I dont why so dont ask. What about you?"

'Me. i'm going to go skating. after all, what's the worse that could happen apart from a few bruises.' said ginny stepping on the ice cautiously.

"Cool." Grande said. He watched Ginny walked on to the ice. He thought about it for a while then walked on to the ice and slipped a little.

when Ginny had got a bit more in the lake she started to move her legs and skated nearer Katie, slipping a bit but keeping her hands out to steady herself. 'Come on Grande. you're doing great.' she called to him as he had started walking on the ice too. 'So katie, how good are you at skating?' she asked.

Grande kept walking slowly futher onto the lake. He kept slipping as he walked towards Katie and Ginny. When he got over to them he said "It is so hard to walk on ice. I am so terrible at walking on ice."

'everyone's terrible at walking on ice. that's why it's called skating. you've got to skate. believe me, it's easier than walking.' replied ginny stopping skating to watch him.

"I wasnt good at skating either. Plus i wanted to try to walk on ice and know i know it is very hard." Grande said. He began to try to skate on the ice. He stumbled a bit before slipping and falling over. He stood back up and began to brush himself down.

oh dear, thought ginny when she saw grande slip over. He wasn't very good at water stuff obviously, she said to herself. she skated over. 'Are you alright?' she asked.

"Yeah, im okay" Grande said. Trying not to fall over again. "I was never good at ice-skating. I dont have very good balance"

'well, just try not to slip and break a bone. I'm not taking you to the hospital wing.' joked ginny and skated in a circle. She remembered a couple of moves she used to be able to do but wondered if she could do them again.

"I promise i wont. I have no intendtion of going to hospital wing" Grande said trying to ice skate. He was getting slowly better at it and smiled "This isnt that hard" he said to Ginny

'That's ok then.' Ginny replied. She noticed he was getting better at it. 'Told you,' she said and skated off in a circle before slipping.

Grande was still skating pretty slowly but was getting the hang of it. He saw Ginny slip and went over "You alright?" He said as he approched

Ginny stood up again laughing. 'yeah. of course.I just need practise.' she said slightly annoyed but still happy.

"Not as much me" Grande said laughing. He began skating and found that it was actually really easy and that he just needed practice. "This is pretty cool. Do you know what time it is?"

'No idea but i guess it's about 10 in the mornig. What d'you say Katie?' asked Ginny.

Katie went in circle and saw grande step onto the ice she stood beside Ginny and saw him trying to skate,"Me?I was really good before caz I was really slim and fit but now,I am kinda lazy and fat."she said with a smile.She saw Grande and ginny slip a few times,"The time?Must be arround nine forty-five"she said looking at the direction of the sun.

"You're not fat, Katie. Your perfect." Grande said "Is it really that early in the morning.Maybe by lunch i will be really good at this." Grande added smiling. He began to skate again.

'Katie you are not fat. That's just rubbish. Who told you that.' said ginny trying to skate in a circle again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back