Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand - The Merlin 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Someone has given well actually I bought a copy of photoshop version. If not like the real one, when you pop it in the install screen comes up. I tried going to my computer popping it in and clicking on the cd rom icon. Nada so I need help finding the cd in my computer can someone help me??

My friend and I are both technologically savvy here, but we do not understand what you are asking. Are you getting some form of error message? Or is there just nothing happening? Is your CD-ROM drive just not reading the disc?

Bellatrix Green said:
My friend and I are both technologically savvy here, but we do not understand what you are asking. Are you getting some form of error message? Or is there just nothing happening? Is your CD-ROM drive just not reading the disc?
I don't think its reading the disk. Well let me go step by step for you. I pop in the cd into my dvd drive. I go and click my computer icon and wait, until it loads. Than I click the cd rom drive, and when that loads up I can't see the cd. I have so much junk except the cd don't show up. The person who I purchased the "Software" from had showed me how to do it on his laptop and it worked. I think I'm missing something but I don't sure what it is.

What operating system are you running? Windows XP?
Does an Autoplay box come up?
Maddie Hollawarth said:
Someone has given well actually I bought a copy of photoshop version. If not like the real one, when you pop it in the install screen comes up.
If the install screen comes up you need to install it first.

If not, when you put in an AudioCD can you play it from your computer?
Is the disk burnt? Can your computer read burnt disks?

Professor Nicolas King said:
Maddie Hollawarth said:
Someone has given well actually I bought a copy of photoshop version. If not like the real one, when you pop it in the install screen comes up.

Yes window.
I'm pretty sure my computer can read burnt cd.
The guy told me once you open up the software your supposed to drag the item out and
drag to your desktop. The problem is that I can't find it on my computer.

I heard if I gave you my i.p address you can directly connect to my computer?
Is that right?

Maddiie Hollawarth said:
Maddie Hollawarth said:

Yes window.
The guy told me once you open up the software your supposed to drag the item out and

Is that right?
"Yes Window"
Does nothing for me. Windows XP? Windows Vista? Windows ME?

And Windows does have a remote assistance feature.

"Request Remote Assistance" is a feature.
You can search Remote Assistance and it may be titled "Windows Remote Assistance"
Any which way you can e-mail somebody to help you. And allow them to control your computer from theirs.

Maddiie Hollawarth said:
Maddie Hollawarth said:

Yes window.

Is that right?
"Yes Window"
Does nothing for me. Windows XP? Windows Vista? Windows ME?

And Windows does have a remote assistance feature.

"Request Remote Assistance" is a feature.
You can search Remote Assistance and it may be titled "Windows Remote Assistance"
Any which way you can e-mail somebody to help you. And allow them to control your computer from theirs.
Yes window xp..Sorry.
So I just search for "Windows Remote Assistance"??
And that it..??

Search your main hard drive for remote assistance and click one of the links that comes up.
Then tell me what you see when it loads.

Maddiie Hollawarth said:
Bellatrix Green said:
I don't think its reading the disk. Well let me go step by step for you. I pop in the cd into my dvd drive. I go and click my computer icon and wait, until it loads. Than I click the cd rom drive, and when that loads up I can't see the cd. I have so much junk except the cd don't show up. The person who I purchased the "Software" from had showed me how to do it on his laptop and it worked. I think I'm missing something but I don't sure what it is.
Hi, this is Bellatrix's friend.
It sounds like it could be a problem with your CD/DVD drive. Is it reading any other discs, such as CDs? If it isn't then yes, it's probably just a problem with the CD/DVD drive.
When I had CD/DVD drive problems I just took my computer apart and cleaned everything, including the CD drive. Then it worked. Sometimes being unclean can be the problem, but that's kind of not likely...
Okay so I'm babbling. If it's a problem with the drive, you might have to buy a new CD drive, unfortunately.
Get back to me on whether it's loading other CDs! :)

Bellatrix Green said:
Maddiie Hollawarth said:
Bellatrix Green said:
It sounds like it could be a problem with your CD/DVD drive. Is it reading any other discs, such as CDs? If it isn't then yes, it's probably just a problem with the CD/DVD drive.
When I had CD/DVD drive problems I just took my computer apart and cleaned everything, including the CD drive. Then it worked. Sometimes being unclean can be the problem, but that's kind of not likely...
Okay so I'm babbling. If it's a problem with the drive, you might have to buy a new CD drive, unfortunately.
Is that not precisely what I just asked her? :unsure:
Maddie Hollawarth said:

Bellatrix Green said:
Maddiie Hollawarth said:
Bellatrix Green said:
Is that not precisely what I just asked her? :unsure:
Maddie Hollawarth said:

Nick, unlike you, most of the world does not read every post in a thread. Thus, we did not realize you said that, and also, we said it in a much friendlier way.

(This is obviously Bella)

Okay I did what Nick said and it still searching.
I dont think anything going to come up.
I will do what Bella's friend ask me to do.
I might just have to send the whole thing to the shop:(

Maddiie Hollawarth said:
Windows XP has it.
As does Vista.
I know because I am helping my mom on her desktop from my laptop at this second.

And Bella, when it is a support thread perhaps skimming what else has been said would be beneficial?

Maddiie Hollawarth said:
That may be unnecessary, but (hopefully) it will let you get photoshop!! :D

And Bella, when it is a support thread perhaps skimming what else has been said would be beneficial?
You are ignoring the fact that we were much kinder about the situation. Its not that you are not helpful, but the terms and ways you asked your questions, might confuse someone who is not as computer savvy as others like your self. Also, we were just trying to make it simpler for her...nothing more.

Bellatrix Green said:
You are ignoring the fact that we were much kinder about the situation. Its not that you are not helpful, but the terms and ways you asked your questions, might confuse someone who is not as computer savvy as others like your self. Also, we were just trying to make it simpler for her...nothing more.
What about the following is mean or confusing?

What operating system are you running? Windows XP? -> obvious question, not mean

Does an Autoplay box come up? -> the box says autoplay on it, not mean

QUOTE (Maddie Hollawarth)
Someone has given well actually I bought a copy of photoshop version. If not like the real one, when you pop it in the install screen comes up. -> what she herself said, not mean

If the install screen comes up you need to install it first. -> just clarifying, not mean

If not, when you put in an AudioCD can you play it from your computer? -> Can you play a CD? easy question, not mean.
Is the disk burnt? Can your computer read burnt disks? -> might be a tad confusing, but she could understand it.

I was blunt, but trying to understand the problem. I was never mean or confusing. Or, for that matter, unkind which you certainly insinuated.

Bellatrix Green said:
What about the following is mean or confusing?

What operating system are you running? Windows XP? -> obvious question, not mean

Does an Autoplay box come up? -> the box says autoplay on it, not mean

QUOTE (Maddie Hollawarth)
Someone has given well actually I bought a copy of photoshop version. If not like the real one, when you pop it in the install screen comes up. -> what she herself said, not mean

If the install screen comes up you need to install it first. -> just clarifying, not mean

If not, when you put in an AudioCD can you play it from your computer? -> Can you play a CD? easy question, not mean.
Is the disk burnt? Can your computer read burnt disks? -> might be a tad confusing, but she could understand it.

I was blunt, but trying to understand the problem. I was never mean or confusing. Or, for that matter, unkind which you certainly insinuated.
We NEVER said that you were mean. Just stating the fact that she sounded confused and your words might of confused her a bit more. If I had no idea about general computer configuartion and parts etc. I would have no idea what the Autoplay box does, also a lot of people do not know the diffirent types of disc such as AudioCD etc. Many people know it plainly as a CD, and finally the disk burnt thing, can be very confusing, you even admitted your self. And like we said, we were trying to help her in a very simple way, you were helpful, just slightly confusing.

And I wasn't upset with you at all until you came across with your remark about my reading everything.
I just wasn't sure what the former portion of the post did if I had already asked.

Anyhow, 'm logging out for now. Bye.

And I wasn't upset with you at all until you came across with your remark about my reading everything.
I just wasn't sure what the former portion of the post did if I had already asked.

Which was my first post after all....
And....I did answer that already...

Goodbye.

Bellatrix Green said:

Goodbye.
Yes. You answered, and I would have been fine with that but you stated that "Nick, unlike you, most of the world does not read every post in a thread." and you are clearly ill-informed as I don't read very many role plays anymore.

Stating, "We missed that, but we just put it nicer and offered a different solution." would have suited me just fine.

Bellatrix Green said:

Goodbye.
Yes. You answered, and I would have been fine with that but you stated that "Nick, unlike you, most of the world does not read every post in a thread." and you are clearly ill-informed as I don't read very many role plays anymore.

Stating, "We missed that, but we just put it nicer and offered a different solution." would have suited me just fine.
Reading and skimming are diffirent....and skimming what she had said in response to you, she sounded extreemly confused....

but IF we offended you, we are...sorry....

Oh god sorry guys If I starting something.
Anyways I might just might have to send it in.
Anymore suggestion please don't hesitate to post.
After all I need to know this, on the count of school in September.

I have the right version I think its the computer.

Its not a newer model, more like a 04.
But I don't think that the case its just mines only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back